Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Shut the gently caress up about imp zone get Univbee in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
I hope they port the N64 version of doom to the PS4 so vbc can enjoy a different experience of doom on a modern system

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If any of you guys want to pay me I'll go over to another poster's house and cut their power on the night of the challenge.

edit: not related to the challenge, just any goon really

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
If someone gets a power outage due to bad weather or some contrived coincidence like that, then let it be known that not even the will of the universe wants them to post.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

If any of you guys want to pay me I'll go over to another poster's house and cut their power on the night of the challenge.

edit: not related to the challenge, just any goon really

Does Obama post on SA?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
we should add Jimby to the roster, I'm sure his sick headshotting skills will give the competitors a run for their money

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

If you have a 10" tablet, you can get by without a proper computer.

I have a 14" dick but I use a computer regularly. Dif'rnt strokes

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CharlestonJew posted:

we should add Jimby to the roster, I'm sure his sick headshotting skills will give the competitors a run for their money

I agree, he's an up and comer

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

There are literally two megathreads devoted to hating a systems games or lack thereof, not including the ouya thread if it's still around. Lol if one poster making fun of the ps4 generates more reports than that.

yes, and those posters for the most part stay in those threads. hence this separate thread. are you having trouble understanding any other incredibly basic things that you want me to break down for you?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

stux do you really not want to participate in this cool event because i probably wont probate you or whatever but on the flip side i will think way less of you for being a stupid baby

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux I will not think less of you because it's not possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

There are literally two megathreads devoted to hating a systems games or lack thereof, not including the ouya thread if it's still around. Lol if one poster making fun of the ps4 generates more reports than that.

VBC was posting in every xbone and PS4 thread. What confuses me the most is that he is building a negative reputation on the support of Nintendo systems that he doesn't even own. I guess there's nothing to understand though?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux I will not think less of you because it's not possible.

lol

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

VBC was posting in every xbone and PS4 thread. What confuses me the most is that he is building a negative reputation on the support of Nintendo systems that he doesn't even own. I guess there's nothing to understand though?

There is no positive or negative in Rainman counting toothpicks, it just is. He cant help it dont judge him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

stux do you really not want to participate in this cool event because i probably wont probate you or whatever but on the flip side i will think way less of you for being a stupid baby

I mean, I don't think a hypothetical "Citizen Kane of video games" would necessarily have to have been unpopular or a financial failure in its time. Those are sometimes side effects of taking risks and being ahead of its time, but that's not always the case. But it should be a game that essentially defines a lot of what we consider "modern" in video games. It's hard to think of an analogue in games for what Citizen Kane brought to movies, because Citizen Kane innovated on a bunch of aspects that are common to just about every kind of movie. If I had to identify something that's inherent to what a video game is, something that is common to all video games, I guess I'd have to say that a player has to be able to interact with it in some way. So a hypothetical "Citizen Kane of video games" would probably have to innovate hugely on how we interact with games in a way that (slowly) becomes hugely influential, while also being an excellent game in its own right.

Chances are, either that's already happened and we don't have the critical distance yet to identify it (like Sleeveless pointed out, applying it to a new game is almost certainly missing the point), or it won't happen for a long while because video games are too busy pretending to be movies to be their own medium.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
holy poo poo you're the worst poster

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zen death robot posted:

dont sign your posts

youre right, i do think that about literally every single poster.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Stux posted:

I mean, I don't think a hypothetical "Citizen Kane of video games" would necessarily have to have been unpopular or a financial failure in its time. Those are sometimes side effects of taking risks and being ahead of its time, but that's not always the case. But it should be a game that essentially defines a lot of what we consider "modern" in video games. It's hard to think of an analogue in games for what Citizen Kane brought to movies, because Citizen Kane innovated on a bunch of aspects that are common to just about every kind of movie. If I had to identify something that's inherent to what a video game is, something that is common to all video games, I guess I'd have to say that a player has to be able to interact with it in some way. So a hypothetical "Citizen Kane of video games" would probably have to innovate hugely on how we interact with games in a way that (slowly) becomes hugely influential, while also being an excellent game in its own right.

Chances are, either that's already happened and we don't have the critical distance yet to identify it (like Sleeveless pointed out, applying it to a new game is almost certainly missing the point), or it won't happen for a long while because video games are too busy pretending to be movies to be their own medium.

drat son, you could teach the taint reaper a thing or two about poo poo posting.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kewpuh, I think you should ban stux for not participating, because being that Stux has been banned 6 times in his posting career here, he'll come right back, so you should at least get lowtax an additional :10bux: while you're at it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

psyman posted:

How lame do you gotta be to knock back a sweet commentated Doom 2 showdown for the whole forums?

LOL does stux actually play in a band?. That'd be like the crappiest band ever.

its not that kind of gig, i am a stand up comedian

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close the xbox shark tank

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

its not that kind of gig, i am a stand up comedian
Stux confirmed as Andy Dick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux confirmed as Andy Dick.

Jesus Christ dude, nobody deserves that kind of insult.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ dude, nobody deserves that kind of insult.

But he does deserve some sort of Andy Dick based avatar.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Please dont get univbee hurt in all this calamity. He is valueable to me.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

shadow puppet, do you want to take stux's spot

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i also want to downgrade the loser probation from a month to a week i guess because a month is pretty huge

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

team stux

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

shadow puppet, do you want to take stux's spot

leave shadow puppet the gently caress out of this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol who tweeted me about this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the penalty for being bad at DOOM should be ridiculously harsh imo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

i also want to downgrade the loser probation from a month to a week i guess because a month is pretty huge

on second thought, let's up it to two months

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I don't actually play games, just ruin my brain by ingesting trivial bad news. I'd not be a good replacement.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

just close the whole thing down, no one is going to turn up, the only person who cares is coincidentally the same person who came up with the entire idea, and its abad one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kewpuh posted:

This is hardly Deathmatch anymore.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Make it like golf, winner with the worse score.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Stux may be the worst poster I've seen on the net, let alone sa.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kewpuh please add this advertisement for this event in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYUQwuJcfmY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hell I'm pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

This is the only good post you've ever made. Some of the text goes by too quickly, but otherwise this is pretty great.

• Locked thread