Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
luckily my fellow students at UT learned absofuckinglutely nothing and are now marching around protesting screaming racism

i have 0 faith in my generation to do anything of substance

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scionix posted:

luckily my fellow students at UT learned absofuckinglutely nothing and are now marching around protesting screaming racism

i have 0 faith in my generation to do anything of substance

nice meltdown

Saturday can't get here soon enough so I can imagine that all is right with the world when CFB happens.

e VVV if that happens it'll be so GOACC it'll be beyond words. Double downd if Duke beats UNC tomorrow night just for shits and giggles.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 10, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A few days ago I didn't think GT would be able to beat VT but if Donald Trump has taught me anything, it's that the sum total of human knowledge and experience means nothing and anything can happen because God is dead.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
can I post "im gay"?

just this once. help me out MV

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I would be pissed about Northwestern being shunted off to Friday nights like some awful second-rate lesser program but then I remembered that Northwestern is an awful, second-rate program so I say Kings of Friday, motherfuckers, who cares that we don't have lights at the stadium, it's night time and some punks are going to get rolled by the Wildcat early.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Scionix posted:

can I post "im gay"?

just this once. help me out MV

https://twitter.com/CecilHurt/status/796505370868981764

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Maxwells Demon posted:

I made a permatoxx in the Clinton thread in mid October when it all looked locked up.

I just want to say it was great posting with you all, you are the best community of college football fans on the internet, and I will miss you.

Oregon has been terrible this year and I'm glad you all haven't made fun of them as much as they deserve.

Vaya con duckos, amigo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Should have made them donate to a better charity like the Something Awful Spaceship Project imo

Speaking of this site going under, is there a backup plan for TFFers to go somewhere when it happens? I've seen other sports forums and I gotta say, I'm a little scared.

Can we make a private subreddit?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wait, the site is going under?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Maybe we can scrap some money and Febreeze can create a private forums on thedrawplay.com. i would volunteer to start a site but know nothing about that poo poo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Neil Armbong posted:

Can we make a private subreddit?

All of these posts read like some desperate plan to send out DNA from Earth in a capsule when a doomsday impact approaches. When it's over, it's over. :shrug:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18007192/austin-appleby-start-quarterback-florida-gators

:toot:

13-10 win incoming for one of the teams.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dalvin Cook hinting that he wants to return for one more season BUT FOR gently caress'S SAKE NO! Leave man! Go get paid!

Also this is a good read http://gridironnow.com/florida-football-embarrassing-offense/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Muschamp is gonna beat Florida guys. It's a new day, all things are possible.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

A few days ago I didn't think GT would be able to beat VT but if Donald Trump has taught me anything, it's that the sum total of human knowledge and experience means nothing and anything can happen because God is dead.

Good news! GT's leading rusher just got suspended for 2 games.

LeeMajors posted:

Wait, the site is going under?

I don't think so, I think they just needed a little fundraising drive to keep the coffers full. I don't think it's in actual dire straits.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kamryn Pettway practiced today but still questionable for Georgia; honestly this might be an upset train you want to jump on. We are banged up in a lot of bad places.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't think so, I think they just needed a little fundraising drive to keep the coffers full. I don't think it's in actual dire straits.

Yeah sorry, I was kidding, I don't think it's going under either.

Go donate! I've been here for 12 years and between registering and other random poo poo I've probably spent $50 total. 12 years of entertainment is well worth that. I'll send a few more :10bux: their way soon.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

Good news! GT's leading rusher just got suspended for 2 games.

Yeah, that loving sucks. Second time Dedrick Mills has been suspended this season. The first time was apparently for missing a team meeting, and I'd be willing to bet it's the same thing this time.

If we do manage to lose out, we've got 5 wins already so it's time to start looking at APR. Georgia Tech is 7th in the FBS in APR, and the teams ahead of us are
1. Duke (not going to get 5 wins this year)
2. Northwestern (currently at 4 wins, they're likely to get to at least 5 with games @ Purdue and vs Illinois remaining on their schedule, but they may win both, too)
3. Wisconsin (already bowl-eligible)
4. Vanderbilt (currently at 4 wins, I'd say a decent chance to get to 5 with their game against Mizzou this week)
5. Army (currently 5 wins, they might pull it out against Notre Dame or Navy but I wouldn't count on it, and their other game is the second FCS team on their schedule so it won't count towards bowl eligibility)
6. Michigan (already bowl-eligible)

So GT's looking like it's gonna end up 4th in the pecking order at worst. Last year, three 5-7 teams went to bowls. It's far from a sure thing.

But we've got UVA and (don't laugh) UGA as winnable games remaining on our schedule so this may not be necessary. I'll be pissed if we lose to UVA.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 10, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Wildcat is going to win 2 out of Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois, get me that drat HAT

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Perhaps if she didn't play the anti Baylor card so hard she would've won? Makes you thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Saban cares not for your petty human squabbling over temporal thrones, for his is an eternal spiritual throne of fire and scouting reports

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Alvin Kamara and Cam Sutton appear to be ready to go this week against Kentucky. Sutton has been out since Bristol with a fractured ankle. Really good to see him back.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Trump got one thing right when he said he wants to drain the Swamp. Thats progress I can get behind.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah sorry, I was kidding, I don't think it's going under either.

Go donate! I've been here for 12 years and between registering and other random poo poo I've probably spent $50 total. 12 years of entertainment is well worth that. I'll send a few more :10bux: their way soon.

Ok good. I'll donate something. Lots of entertainment for the 3x :10bux: I've spent since 2005.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

Should have made them donate to a better charity like the Something Awful Spaceship Project imo

Speaking of this site going under, is there a backup plan for TFFers to go somewhere when it happens? I've seen other sports forums and I gotta say, I'm a little scared.

Good question. The worst poster in TFF is still better than the best poster pretty much anywhere else. But there are fewer of us every season. There definitely needs to be a backup plan for when this dead gay comedy forum actually dies.

Unless you guys already have one and didn't invite me. :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

It's not like permas for this site are a good financial idea anyway.

They were the most D&D of all posters, they would have re-regged.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Thoguh posted:

Good question. The worst poster in TFF is still better than the best poster pretty much anywhere else. But there are fewer of us every season. There definitely needs to be a backup plan for when this dead gay comedy forum actually dies.

Unless you guys already have one and didn't invite me. :smith:

We do, and we didn't. It's called the No Thoguhs forum

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DrunkPanda posted:

We do, and we didn't. It's called the No Thoguhs forum

I knew it!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston secured a home and home in 2020/21 with Georgia......

....Southern.

:geno:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Korranus posted:

....Southern.

I mean they could have scheduled a worse team like UGA.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Korranus posted:

....Southern.

They just wanted to play in Turner Field.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Korranus posted:

....Southern.

Southern will win both

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FIU just lost its starting tight end after his pregnant girlfriend poured a pot of boiling water on him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article113860813.html

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Ok good. I'll donate something. Lots of entertainment for the 3x :10bux: I've spent since 2005.

That's why I buy myself an annual title

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

They just wanted to play in Turner Field.
That's the much more horrible Georgia State.

Georgia Southern is way more frightening but also really a good pick for a G5 OOC game since UH is going to be playing Navy every year for the foreseeable future. Also, it'll make a good excuse to go check out Savannah and Charleston.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

FIU just lost its starting tight end after his pregnant girlfriend poured a pot of boiling water on him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article113860813.html

Holy poo poo :gonk:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Wildcat is going to win 2 out of Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois, get me that drat HAT

no way. lovie turned Illinois around and the hat belongs in Champaign

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Cowardly Illini has backed out if their Hat Game hosting at Soldier Field, retreating to their Memorial Stadium and abandoning Chicago to its frue Big Ten team, fhe Mighty Wildcat

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Korranus posted:

I guess you could say he was in HOT WATER with her.

But seriously I hope he's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Korranus posted:

You're supposed to use candle wax...

• Locked thread