Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

achillesforever6 posted:

Kind of weird seeing how all the talk was about how Io impressed a lot of people at that tryout

With wwe a million things could go wrong. Maybe her poor English was on display, maybe she didn't do great in the gym (which they hilariously still value despite how often it's divorced from in ring performance), maybe she didn't respect the vets, maybe she was too friendly, maybe she didn't wear makeup to train, anything could piss off wwe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

With wwe a million things could go wrong. Maybe her poor English was on display, maybe she didn't do great in the gym (which they hilariously still value despite how often it's divorced from in ring performance), maybe she didn't respect the vets, maybe she was too friendly, maybe she didn't wear makeup to train, anything could piss off wwe.

Just a heads up, she wasn't impressed/it didn't go swimmingly for her. WWE really wants(wanted?) to sign her. But something turned her off from signing, and I don't know what. I wouldn't rule out a WWE run for Shirai in the future, but as it seems right now, she's content in STARDOM, or could jump ship to another company. Who knows!

I imagine WWE was planning on signing her as they are probably going to start a real push into the Japanese market, but I guess they'll have to settle on Hojo or Asuka for the female Japanese face.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 12, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

it's just - you know - you're alright, dromal, you're an alright guy - but, it's just, like, you know, Steve Forbes, was the WORST person to EVER host SNL, and this is the guy you turn to.

thanks, i like your posts about clonfroggio and i think its a fun word to say out loud. clonfroggio. clooon.....froggio! clonfroggggiiiioooooooo!

i am also equal parts entertained by, and worried about, your gradual descent into what i suspect is the mental illness i am named after

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a heads up, she wasn't impressed/it didn't go swimmingly for her. WWE really wants(wanted?) to sign her. But something turned her off from signing, and I don't know what. I wouldn't rule out a WWE run for Shirai in the future, but as it seems right now, she's content in STARDOM, or could jump ship to another company. Who knows!

I imagine WWE was planning on signing her as they are probably going to start a real push into the Japanese market, but I guess they'll have to settle on Hojo or Asuka for the female Japanese face.

Yeah I missed many pages of conversation while sleeping. The reverse is true- I can see it being so easy to get annoyed at the WWE bullshit.

Plus so much floundering.

Seth opinions- has good matches, still not high level character, promo, charisma. Unless something clicks for him his ceiling looks like Daniel Bryan before the yes stuff (his initial bland US champ run). That Daniel Bryan shouldn't have been wwe heavyweight champ, he needed more and found it. Seth needs even more but has been pushed anyway.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Two of the three I listed were in ROH, can you clarify whom you mean?

Rollins, I'm sorry.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dromal phrenia posted:

thanks, i like your posts about clonfroggio and i think its a fun word to say out loud. clonfroggio. clooon.....froggio! clonfroggggiiiioooooooo!

i am also equal parts entertained by, and worried about, your gradual descent into what i suspect is the mental illness i am named after

His AIDS has stabilized.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I like Seth but "Seth Freaking Rollins" is the worst name, worse maybe than WWE Great Balls of Fire

Given how many times Trips says it I'm almost certain it was his idea.

The man does seem to have a slight thing for stupid nicknames after all.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

His AIDS has stabilized.
foochs said he avoided this place because of certain posters and posting styles but we all know the truth, it was the viral high-five kicking in for realsies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Rollins, I'm sorry.

The only time I paid attention to his stint in ROH, everyone was saying he was good and deserved the belt

So I tuned into the next PPV excited to see it and they stretched a world title match with him and Aries to an hour long draw, and the fans were openly booing 30 or 40 minutes in when they realized "this is going longer than expected, this is totally going to be a loving draw", and I stopped paying attention again. Still one of the dumbest things I've seen ROH do

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rollins would have been fine if they had turned him face when he came back from injury. The crowd wanted it and then they made him a heel and he had this awkward face turn with HHH where it was tough to garner any sympathy for him because his case against HHH sucked.

I feel like if they had made Rollins a face when he came back, then had Reigns turn heel like everyone wants shortly after by loving over Seth, it would have been good for both of them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rollins has no character. He yells a lot in his promos and then whines a lot and he has decent matches but you don't really care about the results.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Given how many times Trips says it I'm almost certain it was his idea.

The man does seem to have a slight thing for stupid nicknames after all.

remember when triple h started calling himself The Asskicker

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The only thing I like about Rollins is his Christopher Lambert laugh

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anecdotal but I have actively been posting less because of certain posters and styles of posting. Anyway, Raw is hosed because of Brock and ripple effects related to Brock. SD is hosed because the top program is Orton/Jinder. These are, thankfully, temporary.

I'm not sure if Brock holding the belt for another 10.5 months in Vince's Plan 9 (from Outer Space, Dammit) to get Roman over to fail yet again is really temporary, Foochsy.

At this point I really wonder why Vince won't try something radically different to try and shake things up. The top faces of the two shows are currently two dower, anti-hero badass faces who are bad on the mic and ratings are atrocious. Early summer's coming up. Why not, say, on Smackdown put the belt on Big E and go the total opposite route. Instead of having the loner face who barely talks, have the goofy guy that's the embodiment of :haw: holding the belt for a few months with his two best friends acting as hype buddies. They let him defend the belt honorably 1 on 1 while cheering him on and only interfere if the heel cheats or is a TREMENDOUS dick. Let them have fun with it. Let the audience have fun with it. It's the Mania/Summerslam in-between period and would also give Kofi something to do while he recovers.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The top faces of the two shows are currently two dower, anti-hero badass faces who are bad on the mic and ratings are atrocious.

aj is very good on the mic

oh, randy, yeah he sucks.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm not sure if Brock holding the belt for another 10.5 months in Vince's Plan 9 (from Outer Space, Dammit) to get Roman over to fail yet again is really temporary, Foochsy.

At this point I really wonder why Vince won't try something radically different to try and shake things up. The top faces of the two shows are currently two dower, anti-hero badass faces who are bad on the mic and ratings are atrocious. Early summer's coming up. Why not, say, on Smackdown put the belt on Big E and go the total opposite route. Instead of having the loner face who barely talks, have the goofy guy that's the embodiment of :haw: holding the belt for a few months with his two best friends acting as hype buddies. They let him defend the belt honorably 1 on 1 while cheering him on and only interfere if the heel cheats or is a TREMENDOUS dick. Let them have fun with it. Let the audience have fun with it. It's the Mania/Summerslam in-between period and would also give Kofi something to do while he recovers.

Put all the belts on Drew McIntyre so I can finally cum. Have him tag with Noam Dar as GREAT SCOTS! to get those belts also. Hell, bring up Nikki Cross too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The highlight of today's WOR was Dave comparing 205 Live's booking of Gran Metalik to TNA's booking of Okada and I can't really argue that.

Ibushi and Zach Sabre are so lucky they didn't sign

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

He yells a lot in his promos and then whines a lot and he has decent matches but you don't really care about the results.

This could be anyone on the roster though.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Put all the belts on Drew McIntyre so I can finally cum. Have him tag with Noam Dar as GREAT SCOTS! to get those belts also. Hell, bring up Nikki Cross too.

All she'd have to do is lick stuff and swat at boom mics like a cat and she'd be like the second most entertaining person on the roster.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cardboard Box posted:

remember when triple h started calling himself The Asskicker

I do friend. Truly the work of a very cerebral assassin.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Has Orton ever drew as champion? Feels like every time he holds the belt the overall product grinds to a halt, because he's just so aggressively boring in a top spot.

Orton in general is weird. I've seen him be motivated and look like an all-time great, which is legit his ceiling. But when he's phoning it in and happens to be pushed at the time, he can tank an entire show with his indifference. I don't think I've seen a bigger divide between "great" and "poo poo" depending on the wrestler's motivation.

E: I mean, House of Horrors had a million problems, but tell me someone like Rollins or Styles, or loving Miz or Ambrose, wouldn't at least show some enthusiasm doing that. Randy sleepwalking through the thing, looking embarrassed the whole time, just made a bad concept even worse.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 12, 2017

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

The only time I paid attention to his stint in ROH, everyone was saying he was good and deserved the belt

So I tuned into the next PPV excited to see it and they stretched a world title match with him and Aries to an hour long draw, and the fans were openly booing 30 or 40 minutes in when they realized "this is going longer than expected, this is totally going to be a loving draw", and I stopped paying attention again. Still one of the dumbest things I've seen ROH do

Yeah I saw that too and it wasn't good. Airies left ROH later that year to be a piece of poo poo to everybody for half a decade and Tyler Black got a belt run that people liked for reasons that confused me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Feel like we've had these conversations a million times in PSP

*WWE books babyface like poo poo*

OH THEY WERE ALWAYS BAD, gently caress THEM TURN THEM HEEL

*WWE turns them heel, they become good*

OH THEY'RE THE GREATEST EVER

*babyface gets long title run*

THIS IS poo poo THEY'RE BETTER CHASING THE BELT

*heel gets long title run*

NOT THEIR FAULT NONE OF THE FACES ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN

Have you considered that maybe WWE doesn't know how to write babyfaces in the 2010s? Maybe we should stop blaming talented wrestlers for getting poo poo babyface writing, in an era where WWE forgot how to create likable heroes people want to see win?

Just a thought.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seth sucked rear end as a heel though.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Benne posted:

Feel like we've had these conversations a million times in PSP

*WWE books babyface like poo poo*

OH THEY WERE ALWAYS BAD, gently caress THEM TURN THEM HEEL

*WWE turns them heel, they become good*

OH THEY'RE THE GREATEST EVER

*babyface gets long title run*

THIS IS poo poo THEY'RE BETTER CHASING THE BELT

*heel gets long title run*

NOT THEIR FAULT NONE OF THE FACES ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN

Have you considered that maybe WWE doesn't know how to write babyfaces in the 2010s? Maybe we should stop blaming talented wrestlers for getting poo poo babyface writing, in an era where WWE forgot how to create likable heroes people want to see win?

Just a thought.

Dean Ambrose and Jericho are the only good heels in the entire company, my man. And Nakamura maybe? I don't know. You may be right.

E: whoops I mean faces.

im cute fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 12, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In ROH Rollins had Jimmy Jacobs to mouthpiece him.

Qlso he'd get back over if he used Gods Last Gift again.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Seth sucked rear end as a heel though.

My biggest annoyance with him was that they couldn't loving decide how to book him. One month he can only beat Ambrose after massive interference, next Ambrose beats him despite all the interference, next month Seth beats him clean.

That and the frankly absurd things like how he faced Cena to defend his US title, and then immediately had to defend vs Sting. The Authority booked this combination of matches.

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Dean Ambrose and Jericho are the only good heels in the entire company, my man. And Nakamura maybe? I don't know. You may be right.

Kevin Owens is also good. Usos are becoming a good heel tag team.

sticklefifer posted:

1: Rowan's finisher should've been that sitout chokeslam he did just before his dumb lamer finisher.

2: Why is "hypomanic weirdo Sami Zayn" a thing now?

Asked in Smackdown thread, but answering here:

Because they hate him because he's a weirdo who annoys people backstage and doesn't fit the mold. But they also like him because he's great. So he's pushed, but also not pushed, but made to look bad, but kept strong in case one day they want to use him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Alexa is a great heel

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WWE books 90% of heels as: chickenshit coward who is scared of everyone and a big baby loser who can't win a match lol look at this piece of poo poo, you sure want to see this big gay baby get his rear end kicked right?

and 90% of faces as: oh my god he's hurt, but he's still fighting, by god, he's overcoming the odds, what a man, what a hero, by god, he's hurt again, no, no, stop the match, HE WON, HE WON, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THIS MAN

so yeah, they all suck. I don't think Seth's character work is particularly good but that's the one thing booking should be able to help

edit: Also this is why Braun owns because he's the one heel who is allowed to kick rear end

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
current WWE is way more shades-of-grey than attitude era ever was. i don't think this is on purpose though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's actually literally on purpose. Vince is in another "no faces or heels" phase

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Seams posted:

current WWE is way more shades-of-grey than attitude era ever was. i don't think this is on purpose though.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/861243141730467843

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
seth is good and has always been good

roman and ambrose are bad and have always been bad

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Alexa is a great heel
I think he actually meant 'faces' since Ambrose and Jericho and Nakamura are not heels.

But you are correct regardless.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Braun 'shades of grey' Strowman

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Braun is a face (just listen to that crowd!) that cowardly attacks people backstage when they're distracted. It checks out.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Aphrodite posted:

Braun is a face (just listen to that crowd!) that cowardly attacks people backstage when they're distracted. It checks out.

But he also heroically fights off the cowardly Roman Reigns when he attacks Braun when he's injured or just had a match.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19qg8HWZCc

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
SInce Braun is injured it seems plans are getting set in motion to move things up and have Reigns feud for the IC title next so he will almost certainly complete the grand slam of having held all championships at one time or another.

Bow Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A Roman/Miz feud sounds like the stuff of a fever dream. I can imagine Miz eviscerating him on the mic while Roman has that dumb smug face and then wins the match in under 5 minutes. But also lol if they try to turn Dean and keep the belt on him for the feud with Roman. But I would say that's doubtful since they can't be far away from using the Shield Reunion as the latest vehicle to Get Roman Over.

• Locked thread