Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should main event Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Becky vs. Ronda 86 68.25%
Seth vs. Brock 1 0.79%
Another match (specify!) 5 3.97%
....THE BIG DOG! 34 26.98%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Glock__Lesnar/status/1089761476179619840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Nia stealing Truth's spot was infinitely more interesting than Truth coming in doing two moves and getting eliminated. Not sure how I feel about three dudes taking turns hit her with moves, but it is what it is.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

JT Smiley posted:

Nia stealing Truth's spot was infinitely more interesting than Truth coming in doing two moves and getting eliminated. Not sure how I feel about three dudes taking turns hit her with moves, but it is what it is.

They buried the gently caress out of the MMC gimmick because neither of them actually got to enter at 30. Because no poo poo having someone at 30 who is a jobber we know in advance about is insanely dumb.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you WWE for not having the 10 guy be in the Rumble at all and especially at #10

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Chris James 2 posted:

Thank you WWE for not having the 10 guy be in the Rumble at all and especially at #10
It took me 10 seconds to remember Tye Dillenger’s name just now, so agreed.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I thought Dillinger was injured actually

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought he was cleared to wrestle again

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If Owens is cleared he deserves a Mania payday, kayfabe Lashley is the one who put him on the shelf. Bring him back as a face, he should be able to carry Bobby to a watchable match at Mania and Kevin sardonically dunking on Lio in promos leading up to it should be amusing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

They buried the gently caress out of the MMC gimmick because neither of them actually got to enter at 30. Because no poo poo having someone at 30 who is a jobber we know in advance about is insanely dumb.

Carmella entered at 30.

The prize never said ‘last’.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I thought I was Tye Dillinger

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

They buried the gently caress out of it when Carmella and R-Truth won

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I thought I was Tye Dillinger

You're an 8 at most.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1089945714858311681

Nunes should be getting checks from WWE if she's gonna keep kicking talent their way.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I just saw Nia take that RKO and it made me lol pretty hard.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I really enjoyed the few moments when Natalya picked up Nia and showed off her strength (unless this didn't happen and I was half asleep).

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Still disappointed Kofi didn't win.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Yea, to no one's surprise, announcing that the winners of MMC would be #30 entrants wouldn't bring any extra eyes to the MMC platform. At least with Carmella she was a recent champion. I had feeling a feeling something stupid would happen to R-Truth.

Poor Lana, why can't she just be a poo poo heel manager. Isn't it twice now that Rusev accidentally knocked her off the apron? I just wish they'd focus Rusev with a real feud and not have stupid shenanigans happen between him and his wife.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Tyson Tomko posted:

I really enjoyed the few moments when Natalya picked up Nia and showed off her strength (unless this didn't happen and I was half asleep).

It definitely did, and became even more impressive when Charlotte seemed totally unable do that like 20 minutes later.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ijii posted:

Yea, to no one's surprise, announcing that the winners of MMC would be #30 entrants wouldn't bring any extra eyes to the MMC platform. At least with Carmella she was a recent champion. I had feeling a feeling something stupid would happen to R-Truth.

Poor Lana, why can't she just be a poo poo heel manager. Isn't it twice now that Rusev accidentally knocked her off the apron? I just wish they'd focus Rusev with a real feud and not have stupid shenanigans happen between him and his wife.
WWE only understands two things to do with couples: put them in terrible, stupid angles together, or split them into different touring groups to ruin their relationship.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ijii posted:

It was a dumb idea for a prize to remove the suspense of the number 30 spot.

I’d rather they both get title shots that they can throw away on a TV ep, especially if half the competitors get replaced due to injury so they end up with jobbers in the finals again. Worst case scenario they put a squash match on Smackdown that week.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Nia getting superkicked legit made me gasp

it made me gasp with utter delight because gently caress Nia Jax and literally everything about her. She should've been fired ages ago.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

They buried the gently caress out of it when Carmella and R-Truth won

I mean, they did the whole thing, nobody watched it and then everyone of relevance dropped because they had almost literally anything else to do. Like, I think Charlotte, AJ, Becky, etc. were all in it at some point.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 28, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

WWE only understands two things to do with couples: put them in terrible, stupid angles together, or split them into different touring groups to ruin their relationship.
On that note I still can't believe the Mandy Rose feud didn't end with her seducing the wrong Uso. But I guess the dedication to terrible angles runs even deeper than that.

Speaking of the Usos, I haven't sat down to count, but I feel with a couple NXT guests, counting the Usos, recent call ups like Sanity/EC3 and so forth they could have put on a full second rumble.

And actually stocked it with talent. WWE is crazy talent rich now, it's mind-boggling.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think its good for the women and men to fight each other. if you have a problem with this, its because deep down you think that women are inferior to men and can't take care of themselves. it bothers you to see a woman fight a man because you think that a woman can never beat a man and has no place fighting a man. Nia kicking the poo poo out of Mustafa Ali was great, and it was great that she actually needed to be taken down physically instead of being tricked out of the ring or something. i have a little niece who is going to be a huge fat bruiser one day and i want her to become the WWE universal champion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Baron Corbin posted:

i think its good for the women and men to fight each other. if you have a problem with this, its because deep down you think that women are inferior to men and can't take care of themselves. it bothers you to see a woman fight a man because you think that a woman can never beat a man and has no place fighting a man. Nia kicking the poo poo out of Mustafa Ali was great, and it was great that she actually needed to be taken down physically instead of being tricked out of the ring or something. i have a little niece who is going to be a huge fat bruiser one day and i want her to become the WWE universal champion.

I can't imagine what they could possibly gain having Becky Lynch fighting Seth Rollins or some poo poo. There's no tangible benefit and the MMC is dumb regardless of whether Randy Orton RKOs girls or not.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Angry Grimace posted:

I can't imagine what they could possibly gain having Becky Lynch fighting Seth Rollins or some poo poo. There's no tangible benefit and the MMC is dumb regardless of whether Randy Orton RKOs girls or not.

Becky Lynch fighting Seth Rollins would probably be a good match, that's one reason

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbin posted:

Becky Lynch fighting Seth Rollins would probably be a good match, that's one reason

I had a dream about this a few months ago.

There was a spot where Becky had Seth in a figure four and was just smashing her belt into his knee over and over. They were all bloodied up at the end. Seth went over with the Rainmaker Knee.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Please don't pass off fantasy booking as dreams, thanks.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

VJeff posted:

The issue is that Nia sucks and it would've been much cooler with someone really good. Charlotte, maybe? I dunno.

Rhea

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

Please don't pass off fantasy booking as dreams, thanks.

I think my posting makes it clear that my fantasy booked intergender Wrestlemania main event would be Balor/Banks. :colbert:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Baron Corbin posted:

i have a little niece who is going to be a huge fat bruiser one day and i want her to become the WWE universal champion.

Please refer to me by name, uncle Baron Corbin.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Baron Corbin posted:

I dunno I just don't like to see simulated violence against women if it isn't going to be lunchafied. I just ask myself if I would be comfortable with lesnar laying the elbows into a woman's face and surprisingly the answer was no.

You want to see it? More power to you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

I dunno I just don't like to see simulated violence against women if it isn't going to be lunchafied. I just ask myself if I would be comfortable with lesnar laying the elbows into a woman's face and surprisingly the answer was no.

I agree but I really thought last night was fine. That was almost literally all Lucha spots which is fine IMO.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Onmi posted:

I just don't want to see 130 pound women in matches with 220 pound dudes who could kill them with their bare hands. It doesn't feel right to me. Nobody gains anything from it whatsoever and the fact it might be a good match doesn't really move the needle for me.

I wasn't offended by the Nia spot since it was a gimmick, but replace Nia, with say, Sasha Banks, and that goes from a gimmick spot to real hosed-up lightning fast and Sasha is obviously a significantly better worker than Nia is.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rhea should have been in the final four of the women's RR :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nia sucks and is unliked, put a Sasha, Becky, Auska, etc in an intergender match and they're not going to take 3 finishers and immediately lose.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree but I really thought last night was fine. That was almost literally all Lucha spots which is fine IMO.

From what I saw the rumble spot was fine

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

From what I saw the rumble spot was fine

The only one that made me wince at all was the superkick and even that's like eh, in some cases a lot of superkicks are almost comedy spots now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Nia sucks and is unliked, put a Sasha, Becky, Auska, etc in an intergender match and they're not going to take 3 finishers and immediately lose.

I don't think that's the point more than I don't want to see Sasha Banks take RKOs from a 6'4" roided up 225 pound dude. Whatever the impact is on match quality, I think it's really unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbin posted:

this appearance itself made it out like women are inferior to men by presenting nia's shot at winning the mens rumble as a much bigger deal than her winning the womens rumble.