Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

So he's like a G-rated Joey Ryan or is he an ironic Tanahashi?
He's his own beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdrT0GoFnQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

I guess an exploded neck isn't exactly an injury.

But I seriously miss that guy. The angle angle sucked, but I actually liked his shieldish stuff. Like he wasn't great, but he was good and improving :(

I did actually really like the idea of Jordan being an unintentional heel to Seth Rollins and it's a shame nothing ever got to come of it.

But then again I also desperately wanted Sami Zayn to accidentally and unknowingly find himself in a blood feud with Mike Kanellis.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Part of the NXT marathon before halftime heat was American Alpha vs The Revival at Takeover.

Sigh. :(

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

So he's like a G-rated Joey Ryan or is he an ironic Tanahashi?

He's just "local indie guy who wrestles sometimes and is in a band and the other local guys all crash at his terrible apartment after shows," except his local indie is NXT. I know like five of them and they're all perma-jobbers who are fun to hang out with at the afterparties for wrestling shows.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was gonna say he gives me that "really over with the regular crowd" vibe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bugenhagen for NXT champion

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

2k19 is actually the best game in the series since '13. the my career has you starting out as an indy geek, you get a couple dark matches but things dont really pan out, and you work your way up trying to get a gig in wwe and a main roster push. its very similar to day of reckoning if you remember that title. creation suite is a little more fleshed out, more layers means the caws are actually starting to be better than in-game models of some wrestlers. universe mode is mostly the same but you can have more belts and adjustable money in the bank briefcases, along with longer and shorter weekly shows. its in game roster is also massive. there's a daniel bryan appreciation single player mode thats kinda neat, nothing groundbreaking but kinda cool. you can have an all bryan danielson elimination chamber. i'd say for $20 its not a bad purchase.

I will share with you the story of Roadtruck Hickenbottom. Around the time of the Crown Jewel me and My Boyz were riffing about Shawn Michaels not coming out of retirement to fight DB or Punk or AJ and only doing so when he needed money for his large adult sons, I can’t remember the other names but the best one was Roadtruck. We laughed a lot and I said I’d make him in the next game I played

So I got 19 for laughs and made Roadtruck for the MyCareer and Woah, the story of it dovetails perfectly into you being the son of Shawn Michaels

(In this universe Shawn Michaels died broke and penniless inhaling pesticides in an extermination job gone wrong but he leaves a voicemail wishing Roadtruck Iuck on his match, the first and only message on Roadtruck’s phone for a long while)

Roadtruck spent years in the indies before getting a shot at NXT but was denied on some BS. this hurt, because he assumed HHH would be a mentor and father to him in a way HBK never was. Roadtruck invaded NXT to HHH’s disgruntlement repeatedly and destroyed the stars of his roster, all while dressed and mocking the stable HHH had formed with his father, Degeneration X. But HHH revealed it was not he who betrayed Roadtruck, but his Indy promoter Barron Blade, a man who’d become like a father to him

The theme of fatherhood hangs heavy throughout the plot, often people will tell Roadtruck how proud his father would have been and the commentators will note how characters like Barron Blade had been “a father figure to Roadtruck.

He rose through the ranks, taking the IC title his father revitalized from The Miz and earning both the respect of Finn Balor and AJ styles, who both offer their blessing to use the “too sweet” gesture his Father introduced to the wrestling world. He defied the odds by winning the WWE title from Braun Strowman, which drove HHH so mad he went not to plan A or B or C or D, but E! Evolution!

Luckily the friends he’d earned the respect of on smackdown on raw, AJ and Finn, had his back and eventually they triumphed over Evolution.... only for the two to betray him, with AJ cashing in his MITB and taking Roadtrucks title! No! drat then!

AJ and Finn came out and said they were tired of Roadtruck getting all the shots(presumably a worked shoot referencing his status as son of Dead HBK.) they called out his second father Barron Blade to poo poo talk him but he said No! Roadtruck is good! I was wrong and I’m sorry! They beat him up and Roadtruck made the save and forgave him. He was getting his rematch at Wrestlemania, but HHH would be the guest referee!!!

By that time ol Roadtruck had unlocked all his fathers Cool Stuff. He even upgraded from the Sweet Shin Music, which was funny and good because he was fat and stupid looking, to the real deal. He beat AJ and earned respect from his boss and father best friend HHH, who handed him the title and shook his hand. Roadtruck made it to the top and presumably his fathers ghost appeared.

Buy the game and play through as Roadtruck Hickenbottom. The game deserves praise for at least trying to do something that was neat

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

The WWE comic series revealed what Joe was doing at AJ's house.

Someone is directly tracing over an image of Nathan Explosion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont like bugenhagen's skull and crossbones on an iron cross tattoo

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Endless Mike posted:

The WWE comic series revealed what Joe was doing at AJ's house.

Scarier and creepier than anything Bray Wyatt ever did. Maybe Joe is the new face of fear.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Maybe if AJ truly was a #1 Dad, he wouldn't let strangers break into his house while he's away and his family is home. Get a security system, AJ. You can afford it. And maybe tell your family to alert you when Samoan Joseph appears out of nowhere and begins eating things out of the fridge.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

explosivo posted:

WWE 2K19 is $20 on Steam, definitely the lowest it's been. Worth checking out at that price or still skippable trash?

I haven’t played a WWE game for longer than 10 minutes since HCTP but I feel comfortable saying it’s nit worth it

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gonz posted:

Maybe if AJ truly was a #1 Dad, he wouldn't let strangers break into his house while he's away and his family is home. Get a security system, AJ. You can afford it. And maybe tell your family to alert you when Samoan Joseph appears out of nowhere and begins eating things out of the fridge.

I think the even better implication here is that AJ's kid just let Joe in and then hung out with him for a while, presumably because people he sorta knows as his dad's coworkers are constantly dropping by unannounced at like 9 pm.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 7, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If Samoa Joe showed up at your door, wouldn't you let him in?

The more confusing part is how I'm supposed to read "All night" in there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If Samoa Joe wants to come in your house, you can either let him in or tell him no and each choice is somehow more dangerous than the other

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
AJ Styles is totally the dad that comes home from work and immediately gets angry that someone other than him used his lucky mug

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Coulda squeezed 3 more PPVs out of the feud if a mug-on-a-pole match coulda been built to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says Becky/Steph has been discussed for Summerslam :laffo:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id let Smoe Joe into my house only if he does his Iron Sheik impression.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

She is the biggest star in the company, makes sense to put her against Becky Lynch.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Chris James 2 posted:

"Discussed" in this case means "holy poo poo it'd be loving idiotic if we did that, let's do something else", right?

(of course it doesn't)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

The uhh, dirt sheets are fake news brother. But we ended up doing this match because we came up with the idea independently later on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That DICK! posted:

Roadtruck made it to the top and presumably his fathers ghost appeared.

Was it old, broken down Ghost-HBK or did you pull a George Lucas Special Edition and replace him with Adam Cole?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Becky needs to learn her place brother, jack. Women are only useful as PR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

The uhh, dirt sheets are fake news brother. But we ended up doing this match because we came up with the idea independently later on

*Vince reading the Observer*

Well that's a great idea. Glad I thought of it. Book it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endless Mike posted:

*Vince reading the Observer*

Well that's a great idea. Glad I thought of it. Book it.

*HHH: Mmmm this Daniel Bryan seems hot right now. What if i fight him?
HHH: Get Shawn on the line and make a new dx shirt with... i dont know the cover of Motorhead´s Iron Fist or something.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Paid attendance for SmackDown was a 3000 people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jmshapyro/status/1092955824035516416

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm up for Becky feuding with Nikki, Lana, Zelina and *checks notes* Becky Lynch

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

but people liked roman when he fought the league of nations

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

I'm up for Becky feuding with Nikki,

Sweet, a Becky/Cross feud would own.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Grabbing these from a Reddit post...

PR and Powerpoint

Notables:
WWE subscribers grew to 1.59m
Yearly Revenue up 28%
Digital Engagement Year over Year: Views up 57% and Hours consumed is up 77%
Live Event Revenue was Flat (14 less shows in Q4)
Average NA Attendance is 5000 (down 7%)
International Attendance avg up to 6900 (up 33%)

Goals for 2019:

Focus on Fan Engagement
Revenue target of $1B
Will increase Capex in 2019 from $70m --> $90m

quote:

Management believes that increasing fan engagement over the next few years can enhance WWE’s brand value and strengthen the Company’s ability to optimize the value of its content over the long-term. Given the potential magnitude of this opportunity and its importance to long-term growth, the Company plans to continue to invest in content, digitization and international development. Key areas of investment for 2019 include strengthening WWE’s talent base, delivering more localized content, developing the next iteration of the WWE Network service, and leveraging fan data to improve business performance. In 2019, management will continue to evaluate WWE’s financial performance and to balance current earnings with investments that strengthen engagement and drive long-term growth.

Earnings Call is at 11am EST
Link Here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The dueling accents of a Becky/Nikki feud might actually kill Kevin Dunn, so hell yeah let's do that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

*loses viewers at 3x and 2x the rate of USA and cable users overall, respectively*

quick shovel more poo poo down their throats!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

weird that live event revenue is flat despite less shows and less people attending TV

E: 2019 goals: strengthening talent base lmao. you already have 3000 wrestlers and do nothing with them

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 7, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ticket prices are up

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bernie eclestone should buy wwe

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The dueling accents of a Becky/Nikki feud might actually kill Kevin Dunn, so hell yeah let's do that.

He'll just dub over them with Charlotte and Steph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

weird that live event revenue is flat despite less shows and less people attending TV

It's lower for US events, higher for international events. I think it's part of the reason why they are looking into expanding into these international markets.

Which makes sense. Being from Chicago, I am less motivated to go to a show when we get 2 Raws, 1 Smackdown, 1 PPV, 1 Takeover, at least one house. I mean, we have Survivor Series this year which will probably be 4 days of live events all in a row. Why am I motivated to go to all these shows?