Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Edleman vs Jets or James Washington @SF? Standard scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

That’s my feeling too, it’s so hard to figure out his true value from the first two weeks

In other decisions, can’t figure out my WRs this week in my other league, also 0 PPR

Evans vNYG
Cooks @CLE
M Brown @KC
MvLaurin vChi

By DSYS it should be Evans and Cooks, but Evans makes me nervous with how Winston has been despite going against the Giants (and is he still considered a stud at this point?). Cleveland allowed multiple passing TDs from Tenn last week which gives hope for Cooks. But drat, if Lamar Jackson and his #1 receiver vs KC is really tempting. And though Case is rough, McLaurin has had two consistent 10+ pt games.

My gut is leaning Brown and Cooks. Other thoughts would be very appreciated

I’d go Evans + either Hollywood or McLovin. Leaning Hollywood.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

bows1 posted:

1 PPR

Pick 2

Edelman vs. vs Jets
Lockett vs. Saints
Hardman vs. Ravens
Ridley vs. Colts

Lockette, Ridley

Edelman is no longer low WR1/high WR2 with Antonio Brown on the field. Him and Gordon take hits to value. Mecole is hard to predict but has a crazy good ceiling where I’m looking more for consistency. That leaves two guys that I can’t bench.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 19, 2019

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

VaultAggie posted:

Ridley and Lockett. Patriots have too many mouths to feed and Ravens have a solid defense.

1 PPR

Pick 3

Allen Robinson @ Wsh
Emmanuel Sanders @ Gb
Tyrell Williams @ Amin
Mike Williams vs Hou
John Ross III @ Buf
Demarcus Robinson be Bal

Leaning Tyrell, Sanders and Robinson, but I also don’t really trust Trubisky. Ross has been hot, and so has Demarcus.

Sanders, Tyrell, Ross. Ride the Ross window while it’s here.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Suave Fedora posted:

Lockette, Ridley

Edelman is no longer low WR1/high WR2 with Antonio Brown in the Field. Him and Gordon take hits to value. Mecole is hard to predict but has a crazy good ceiling where I’m looking more for consistency. You that leaves two guys that I can’t bench.

Yeah I ended up dropping Gordon last night for Darwin in my 10 teamer, he was likely never gonna start for me with AB, Golladay, Tyrell, Robinson, Agholor and Green.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TheFace posted:

Need advice on if I should shop for a QB for this week.

I have Mayfield as my starter and he's not been great, plus he plays the Rams. Donald is going to eat him.

Little did I know during drafting that I was in a league where I was going to be the only one to not draft two QBs... so pickings are slim.

Available (listed based on average fantasy points in the two games so far):
Keenum vs Chi
Dalton @ Buf
Mariota @ Jax
Brissett @ Atl
Minshew vs Ten
Flacco @ GB
Carr @ Min

I'm thinking I either have to Ride or Die with Mayfield, or maybe I should grab Brissett? On paper OPRK favors Mariota @ Jax but that's only because Jax opened against KC and no one is going to look good vs QBs when they have played KC this early in the season.

If you all think I should grab a QB who would you drop of:
Tarik Cohen
Jamison Crowder (I'm deep at WR)
Malcolm Brown

I'm thinking Cohen is going to be pretty boom or bust this year, leaning towards bust. Brown might be a smart keep if Gurley's knees blow up?

I’d play Dalton. CIN showed they are willing to keep him fun-slinging in any game even when they are getting blown out. Ross to continue to benefit during this window.

If you are deep at WR, drop Crowder. I don’t anticipate Cohen to do much and consider him along the same vein as Dion, whom I dropped for a second D/ST (SF vs PIT).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

^burtle posted:

Edleman vs Jets or James Washington @SF? Standard scoring.

Washington

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah I ended up dropping Gordon last night for Darwin in my 10 teamer, he was likely never gonna start for me with AB, Golladay, Tyrell, Robinson, Agholor and Green.

I may do the same.

1ppr:

Evans (starting)
McLaurin (starting)
DJ Moore (benching)
Josh Gordon (benching)
Mecole (benching)
DJ Chark do do do do do do do (benching)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Need to choose 1 RB one Flex 0.5PPR:

Gore v CIN
Fitzgerald v CAR

Mostert v PIT
Duke Johnson @ LAC
Woods @ CLE
Mclaurin v CHI

Woods is probably the best player in the group but he’s on the road against a tough defence. I feel like Fitz is going to see a lot of targets and I want that floor since my starters have been streaky.

Gore sucks but he probably sees way more work than Duke, right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Koopa Kid posted:

Need to choose 1 RB one Flex 0.5PPR:

Gore v CIN
Fitzgerald v CAR

Mostert v PIT
Duke Johnson @ LAC
Woods @ CLE
Mclaurin v CHI

Woods is probably the best player in the group but he’s on the road against a tough defence. I feel like Fitz is going to see a lot of targets and I want that floor since my starters have been streaky.

Gore sucks but he probably sees way more work than Duke, right?

I'd start Mostert over Gore.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Speaking of Rams WRs, which one is getting the Denzel Ward treatment? Is Ward worth planning around?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Let's do it. Potential is probably better than a string of "clutch" Edleman first downs.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
.5 PPR, thinking about benching Woods for DJ Chark. Neither has a great matchup, but Chark has been putting up better numbers so far. Including my other options I've got:

Chark v Ten
Woods @ Cle
Fuller @ LAC
Sutton @ GB

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

dxt posted:

.5 PPR, thinking about benching Woods for DJ Chark. Neither has a great matchup, but Chark has been putting up better numbers so far. Including my other options I've got:

I've been considering the same thing in 1ppr. I'm still going with Woods for the safer floor. If Chark wasn't playing on Thursday, I might have gone with him.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

0.5 PPR. My two flex players, DJax and Alshon, are dead this week and so I need to pick two:

David Montgomery @ WAS
Carlos Hyde @ LAC

Chris Thompson vs CHI
Malcolm Brown @ CLE
Terry McLaurin vs CHI

Tempted to start Terry over Carlos but the fact that it's Chicago is making me think twice.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Needing a Flex in ESPN Standard scoring:

Julien Edelman vs NYJ
Dede Westbrook vs. TEN
DJ Chark vs TEN
DK Metcalf vs NO
AP vs CHI
Malcolm Brown @CLE

Edelman has a great matchup, but I'm worried Tom's gonna throw the ball around too much. AP is my #2 choice but not against the Bears. So I gotta guess which WR Minshew's gonna hit the most tonight?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR

I need 3 WR:

Cooper Kupp @ CLE
Terry McLaurin v CHI
Hollywood Brown @ KC
Will Fuller @ LAC
DJ Chark v TEN
Robby Anderson @ NE

And a FLEX from the remaining WRs and the following:

Devin Singletary v CIN
LeSean McCoy v BAL
OJ Howard v NYG

Right now I'm definitely starting Kupp and Hollywood Brown.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Epi Lepi posted:

.5 PPR

I need 3 WR:

Cooper Kupp @ CLE
Terry McLaurin v CHI
Hollywood Brown @ KC
Will Fuller @ LAC
DJ Chark v TEN
Robby Anderson @ NE

And a FLEX from the remaining WRs and the following:

Devin Singletary v CIN
LeSean McCoy v BAL
OJ Howard v NYG

Right now I'm definitely starting Kupp and Hollywood Brown.

Fuller should be your remaining WR. Flex is a tossup between Chark and Shady for me.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Got skipped, thoughts?

Butter Hole posted:

I feel insane sometimes looking at ECR.

.5 PPR

WR2:
Emmanuel Sanders vs GB
Allen Robinson vs WAS

RB2:
Raheem Mostert vs PIT
Miles Sanders vs DET
Adrian Peterson vs CHI
Duke Johnson vs LAC
Rashaad Penny vs NO

Bonus superflex question:

Kyle Allen vs ARI
Josh Rosen vs DAL
Will Fuller vs LAC
Tyrell Williams vs MIN

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

Got skipped, thoughts?

Bonus superflex question:

Kyle Allen vs ARI
Josh Rosen vs DAL
Will Fuller vs LAC
Tyrell Williams vs MIN

What ya got works.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

If Singletary is out I'd 100% start Gore over Mostert. As the 49ers showed last week, you can run all over the Bengals, and without Singletary Gore is buffalo's best option.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
.5 ppr

Start 2 wr
Mecole hardman vs bal
Marquise brown @ kc

John brown vs cin
Mclaurin vs chi
Chark vs ten

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

.5 ppr

Start 2 wr
Mecole hardman vs bal
Marquise brown @ kc

John brown vs cin
Mclaurin vs chi
Chark vs ten

Hollywood babyyy

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

mastershakeman posted:

.5 ppr

Start 2 wr
Mecole hardman vs bal
Marquise brown @ kc

John brown vs cin
Mclaurin vs chi
Chark vs ten

Marquis and his brother John.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TheFace posted:

If Singletary is out I'd 100% start Gore over Mostert. As the 49ers showed last week, you can run all over the Bengals, and without Singletary Gore is buffalo's best option.

Yeah I guess it’s gonna be game-time on my RB slot, if Singletary is healthy then Gore could easily dud. I might be too wary of Mostert’s committee position but if Gore’s not my play then I’ll slot him over Duke.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Stafford or Wentz?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Stafford or Wentz?

Stafford for shizzle.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

.5 ppr Flex:

Cooper Kupp @ CLE
John Brown vs CIN
Sony Michel vs NYJ

Currently I keep swapping back and forth between Kupp and Brown but I also feel like Sony could go off this week

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Stafford or Wentz?

seconding the Staff infection, Wentz is down at least one good receiver and also a walking injury report

Fentry posted:

.5 ppr Flex:

Cooper Kupp @ CLE
John Brown vs CIN
Sony Michel vs NYJ

Currently I keep swapping back and forth between Kupp and Brown but I also feel like Sony could go off this week

John Brown. Sony could go off but as long as he's got White and Rex sucking up carries he's limited. Brown is the clear number 1 option for his team, and the game against Cincy is gonna be competitive.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

OK got smart person questions and a really dumb question:

Dumb question:

Cam Newton is dead!!! He's my second starter in a dynasty league with a Superflex, standard scoring for QBs. Do I start his backup, Kyle Allen, against the hapless Cardinals, or do I start New Hotness Gardner Minshew II against the Titans (a much better defense)?

Smart questions:

Am I making the right call starting Matt Brieda (v Pit) over Stefon Diggs (v Oak)? (.5PPR)
What about Terry McLaurin (v Bears) over Julian Edelman (v Jets)? (1PPR)

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

0.5 PPR, thinking about one of my WR spots.
DJ Moore (Car) or John Ross (Cin)?

Concerned about the possible lack of Cam Newton and the meh offense of the Bengals.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean don't you kind of have to play Ross until he has a bad game

#1 WR

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

0.5 PPR, thinking about one of my WR spots.
DJ Moore (Car) or John Ross (Cin)?

Concerned about the possible lack of Cam Newton and the meh offense of the Bengals.

With Green gone, Ross is the old Boyd and Boyd is the new Green. Old Boyd was good, and we're all hoping for new Boyd to look more like Old Green, before the injuries. I like Ross over Moore, even though he's facing a decent defense.

DC Murderverse posted:

OK got smart person questions and a really dumb question:

Dumb question:

Cam Newton is dead!!! He's my second starter in a dynasty league with a Superflex, standard scoring for QBs. Do I start his backup, Kyle Allen, against the hapless Cardinals, or do I start New Hotness Gardner Minshew II against the Titans (a much better defense)?

Smart questions:

Am I making the right call starting Matt Brieda (v Pit) over Stefon Diggs (v Oak)? (.5PPR)
What about Terry McLaurin (v Bears) over Julian Edelman (v Jets)? (1PPR)

I'd roll the dice with Kyle Allen, for I believe Minshew will be made into minced meat.

And I can't answer Brieda vs Diggs objectively because I hate Brieda.

I'm starting McLaurin in all leagues this week.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
WR3 in one league, slotted DK Metcalf in over Dede Westbrook. Any reason to change that? 1PPR

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
standard scoring, need to pick my second rb and one flex:

rbs
joe mixon (cin) vs. buf
carlos hyde (hou) at lac

-----

flex
demarcus robinson (kc) vs. bal
dk metcalf (sea) vs. no
terry mclaurin (was) vs. chi

any thoughts? i know mclaurin is doing well, but it's against chicago and on monday night...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

decypher posted:

I'd roll the dice with Kyle Allen, for I believe Minshew will be made into minced meat.

update: didn't see this post before the game started, left Minshew in, am currently very happy.

All hail the Stache, my friends

Last King posted:

standard scoring, need to pick my second rb and one flex:

rbs
joe mixon (cin) vs. buf
carlos hyde (hou) at lac

-----

flex
demarcus robinson (kc) vs. bal
dk metcalf (sea) vs. no
terry mclaurin (was) vs. chi

any thoughts? i know mclaurin is doing well, but it's against chicago and on monday night...

Mixon (he's gotta get better eventually, right?)
McLaurin (he's the #1 option, the chiefs have enough players on that offense that DMR is a much higher risk play)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Rick Grimes posted:

WR3 in one league, slotted DK Metcalf in over Dede Westbrook. Any reason to change that? 1PPR

Nah. Dede is doodoo

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Am I overthinking this? Can't pick my QB for week 3
Watson vs LAC
Allen vs CIN

Mind says Watson, but after a weak game against the Jags and another tough game against the Chargers, I'm tempted to use Allen this week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
0 PPR, flex position:
Adrian Peterson (vs Chicago)
Deebo Samuel (vs Steelers)

I generally lean RB over WR, but those defensive matchups are giving me pause.

kimcicle posted:

Am I overthinking this? Can't pick my QB for week 3
Watson vs LAC
Allen vs CIN

Mind says Watson, but after a weak game against the Jags and another tough game against the Chargers, I'm tempted to use Allen this week.

DSYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Poque posted:

0 PPR, flex position:
Adrian Peterson (vs Chicago)
Deebo Samuel (vs Steelers)

I generally lean RB over WR, but those defensive matchups are giving me pause.

DSYS

I would go Deebo. If Mason struggles, the Pittsburgh defense could be on the field a lot.