Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a crappy position for Nicole because like she wants to be loyal to Kevin and she's basically right that he's a number. But also they're right that he's a floater and he's made deals with Cody and Co and doesn't want to make moves or really have any sense of what's happening. Given how quickly Nicole and Janelle got on the same page and how lost Kevin was and checked out I feel like a lot of last week's cluelessness goes back to his panicking and passivity. But still, you can't just ditch him especially if you're Nicole. Every IF they had gotten votes last week it would have taken this whole thing and more to convince her to vote out Kevin.

But also I feel like the only times I've actually seen Nicole enjoy herself in the BB house in 2 seasons and feel like she was part of the game was when talking to Janelle. And that one week she was friends with Kat. Who is basically Janelle.

I have no idea what Memphis will do with this. Like if he reacts big he just exposes his alliance and gives them reason to tell every one everything they know. And they're not actually onto his alliance, they're onto one of Cody's other side alliances. Is Memphis savvy enough to pick up on all of that and play it and do something like put Enzo and David up, neither of whom are actually in his alliance or Kaysar's crew? Does he just blow up or tell Cody? Does he just do nothing and do David/Nicole A? I have no idea what to expect from Memphis.

And I have no idea what happens if they say something Christmas, Day, and/or Bay. Or if Ian wasn't sleeping.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds have been down for like an hour, so it might be the Safety Suite. From the show edit it seems like they do announcements for like an hour or so we might just have that all blocked out. Then I guess we might have it all blocked out while they play too, which will be forever if Memphis’ scheme of scaring everyone into playing works. That would suck because not only will it probably be a long time but Kaysar, Janelle, and Memphis aren’t playing so they’ll probably talk during it. So we might miss that entirely.

David spoke to the cameras this morning. He said he messed up his social game and played dumb too much, but he’ll recover. He also said his first goal is to become the first African American male in Jury in 15 years. That… can’t be true. Can it? Holy poo poo, Big Brother. What are you doing?

Kevin wakes up early too and David talks to him about the racism he faced last season and more or less says that Memphis last night made him feel like he was going through that again, but he doesn’t get the same vibe from this house and thinks people have too much to lose so it should be fairer. David also says he regrets not being there more for Kemi or nicer because she dealt with the same stuff he did on a greater scale, but that she doesn’t talk to anyone but Ovi and Nicole A now.

Tyler tells David he might use Safety Suite on him if he wins, or try and convince Memphis not to put him up. But you know, Tyler’s not gonna play.

Keesha is doing exit interviews. I don’t know if that means she’s out or not. She didn’t give any real indication. Its not her running her social media but she reflects its sentiment. She’s pissed and hurt by people like Enzo and Cody who told her how much they loved her and how they’d let her know and then avoided and blindsided her. Its almost like being a fake rear end person who uses emotion and then blindsides people is a bad way to play Big Brother. Who knew?

Besides Paul. And Tyler. And Cody. And most finalists who have ever said the words “I hate bitter juries.”

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

David spoke to the cameras this morning. He said he messed up his social game and played dumb too much, but he’ll recover. He also said his first goal is to become the first African American male in Jury in 15 years. That… can’t be true. Can it? Holy poo poo, Big Brother. What are you doing?

That’s definitely incorrect. Off the top of my head Lawon made jury in BB13 in 2011.

There might be someone after that but my uncertainty makes his point IMO. I’d love to see him make jury this year.

Edit: oh wow, I’m wrong about that. Lawon must have just barely missed jury. Pulled up a clip and it was only six plus Adam going out third.

Edit 2: Yeah, Lawon was the last boot before jury. Brendon was after him and made jury. Welp.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 14, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I was thinking about it and I thought Lawon too but then I guess he lost that buyback and I guess that was the pre-jury one. So yeah. I guess it "makes sense" since there;s usually only 1 black guy and he's always targeted early for "reasons". But drat, when its laid out like David did.

BB21: David, out 1st.
BB20: Swaggy, out 2nd.
BB19: No black guys. edit: Forgot Ramses, out 5th.
BB18: Jozea, out 2nd.
BB17: No black guys.
BB16: Devon, out 3rd.
BB15: Howard, out 5th.
BB14: No black guys.
BB13: Keith out 2nd, Lawon out 5th.
BB12: No black guys.
BB11: No black guys. edit: Kevin finished 3rd.
BB10: No black guys. edit: Ollie out 8th and Jury.
BB9: Parker out 3rd.
BB8: No black guys.
BB7: Marcellus out 6th.

So drat. You really do have to go all the way back to All Stars and Marcellus only barely made it. Howard and Lawon just missed out but like, even just the reality of there only being 811 black male HGs in the last 14 years is loving shocking. and I think the only ones before that are Marcellas and Beau. 1013 black men in 21 years? Like I knew BB had a race problem but to see it laid out like that. Be better, BB. drat.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 14, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also, god drat feeds have been down for 2 hours and I'm really sad we'll missing ALL the chaos. There's just no reason for that. Its gonna be a 2 minute segment on the show and we're gonna know who won and played 10 minutes after the feeds come back. Let us see them scramble! And let us see Kaysar and Janelle talk to Memphis and how Memphis reacts!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Kevin was jury though

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

Like I knew BB had a race problem but to see it laid out like that. Be better, BB. drat.

Yeah seeing it all laid out like that is rather shocking. Intuitively it always felt correct that Big Brother had major issues around race, but that list is incredibly bleak.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm starting to feel like the feeds of the players are just a bonus alongside the kitty/doggy feeds :3:

Glad Nicole seems to finally be aware and kinda sorta on board with Janelle and Kaysar! I agree that Nicole and Janelle is reminiscent of Nicole and Kat last year; that week with Jessica as HOH was probably my favorite week of BB21 live feeds, just in general with some good bonding moments, not just game-wise talk or whatever.

David making Jury would be great and is a decent goal but I still have hope for him to win and I hope he still has that goal in mind. Playing dumb was an interesting strategy but I think with what Memphis has said he's onto him so now's the time to start playing for real.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

curiousCat posted:

Kevin was jury though

I wasn't super sure about Kevin's racial makeup and didn't want to make a thing of it. But as BGrifter said I think David's point is made either way. 10, 11, 12. No black male juror in 15 years or 11. Either way its shocking.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't super sure about Kevin's racial makeup and didn't want to make a thing of it. But as BGrifter said I think David's point is made either way. 10, 11, 12. No black male juror in 15 years or 11. Either way its shocking.

Also Ollie BB10

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

curiousCat posted:

Also Ollie BB10

Yeah, my bad.

Lastdancer posted:

David making Jury would be great and is a decent goal but I still have hope for him to win and I hope he still has that goal in mind. Playing dumb was an interesting strategy but I think with what Memphis has said he's onto him so now's the time to start playing for real.
Yeah, I think David just laid it on too thick. He gambled that everyone would accept that he's just a newb who never actually played but like, a whole house of paranoid vets are gonna wonder when an otherwise intelligent guy seems that dumb about the game.

The funny thing is it seems like Cody and his crew are all buying into it. Which like, makes sense, because it feeds their own egos and plays into their interests. They want everyone to be pawns so they're willing to accept that David is one. But its backfiring on everyone else because whether or not they think David is stupid he's not talking game with them so they're concluding that he's the willing pawn because there's no evidence to the contrary.

What needs to happen is for Janelle, Kaysar, and Nicole A to open DayBay's eyes about this and for them to open David's (as well as Memphis, Christmas, and Ian). They don't all need to form a mega alliance but they need to realize that they're all being played by Cody, Dani, Nicole F, Tyler, and Enzo so they don't get to run with it. For all we know that's happening as we speak. But I worry that Day won't be able to see past her own reads and accept that Janelle, Kaysar, and Nicole have pieces she's been missing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 14, 2020

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Five hours of adoptable animals, how many people are playing in safety and what is going wrong

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

big brother players should get a familiar that they are responsible for for as long as they remain in the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my familiar in the bb house would be a cube with strong protective arms that make me feel safe

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Feeds are back! Christmas is talking alone, talking about her game and the sides of the house

I think she did the safety suite comp and won?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Xmas won and I think she picked Ian?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

curiousCat posted:

Xmas won and I think she picked Ian?

ooh that’s a potentially interesting result. I was worried Memphis would go off script and take a shot at backdooring Ian if the veto didn’t go to plan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds are back. Sounds like Christmas won and saved Ian. Tyler, Cody, and Memphis are all sketched out by that. Nicole F thinks she may have made it happen by pushing that they needed to protect Ian (she'll certainly take credit for it with Ian). She's also scared this might come back on her though and she might go up. This ruins Kaysar and Janelle's plan to pitch Nicole F and Ian as easy noms since they're both winners as well as them saying that Cody's crew are throwing Christmas under the bus as a target. There's no real indication that Kaysar has spoken to Memphis or anything big has happened in that regard.

Memphis isn't happy about this. Not just because it protects Ian but because its messing with his head games. The story on the Have Nots seems to be that he came into the house and immediately said "David, you're a Have Not. Ian, Kevin, and Nicole you have to pick the other three." He did it to gently caress with them and make them break. Nicole picked Christmas, Kevin apparently did become a mess and picked Kaysar, but Nicole F volunteered to save Ian from picking someone. That's why everyone was talking last night about how Nicole F and Ian are a thing. So now this is more to disrupt Memphis' attempts to gently caress with the more mentally fragile members of the cast.

Christmas talks to the cameras and is jacked she won. She says she just got some big information and she knows the house is divided between Cody/Dani/NicoleF/Tyler and Kaysar/Janelle/Nicole A and she’s in good with both sides. So it sounds like SHE spoke to Kaysar/Janelle. Christmas feels like she’s in a great position right now (and I can’t disagree) so she’s not gonna do anything to give up info or disrupt that. She says she trusts Tyler, Kaysar, and Nicole… but no idea which Nicole. Probably F. edit: Definitely F because Christmas wants Memphis to take out Janelle or Nicole A.

drat, I have 7 o’clock plans but I really want to see an angry Memphis have a talk with Kaysar and Janelle.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 14, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Can't wait to see karma knock Memphis onto his rear end

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The Safety Suite is a great twist just on the basis of making the HOH furious 2/2 times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody was whining last night that BB is broken because it’s too easy for anyone to win stuff. He of the Battle or the Block season. So he’s probably gonna be extra pissed especially since this undermines his attempts to control Ian and shows how much Nicole F values him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, if Nicole A doesn’t win POV my interest is gonna take a nose dive.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

Man, if Nicole A doesn’t win POV my interest is gonna take a nose dive.

Yeah this week seems extremely bad for her.

On the bright side Memphis is losing his mind over Ian being safe. Ian’s done virtually nothing so far and Memphis is panicked in the HoH room ranting about how scared of Ian he is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

safety suite seems to be the best pre-jury twist they've introduced since they started doing those in bb12. not too game breaking and the same person can't hog it over and over, and its still a gamble to play in it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

Yeah this week seems extremely bad for her.
She’s 100 going up and if POV doesn’t save her she’s gone.

Which like bums me out because I like her but also I think it devastates the house dynamics. Kevin goes with Cody. David goes with Cody. DayBay go with Cody. Janelle and Kaysar completely isolated.

And it means we lose the weird and fun Nicole A/Janelle friendship.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Taran Armstrong even likes it and he hates every twist in BB

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah it really hits the sweet spot. Like even if Janelle wins HOH next week and Nicole goes in and wins and saves Cody it still doesn’t stop Janelle from taking a shot at the alliance and the alliance hijacking the noms with the numbers like MVP or the Hacker did.

Bonus that it keeps pissing the HOH off. Winner.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Plus we’re gonna get Ian in an adorkable costume so that’s a win too. :3:

Really hoping something will happen in weeks 3-4 to shake things up, but hope is rapidly fading. Memphis already seems to be going into tyrant mode as HoH this week so maybe he alienates his own allies to the point where things break apart I guess?

I’d love to see him piss off Nicole F somehow and drive her into the arms of Ian/Janelle/Kaysar but that’s pure wishcasting on my part.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

Really hoping something will happen in weeks 3-4 to shake things up, but hope is rapidly fading. Memphis already seems to be going into tyrant mode as HoH this week so maybe he alienates his own allies to the point where things break apart I guess?
All that really amounts to is Memphis being an easy week for Cody's crew though. Memphis is alienating every one in the house and Kaysar/Janelle will go before they cut bait with him. He was always an alliance of convenience. They did it for exactly this reason. He wins, leaves them alone, takes out one of their targets, and then they'll take him out right before jury.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

All that really amounts to is Memphis being an easy week for Cody's crew though. Memphis is alienating every one in the house and Kaysar/Janelle will go before they cut bait with him. He was always an alliance of convenience. They did it for exactly this reason. He wins, leaves them alone, takes out one of their targets, and then they'll take him out right before jury.

Yeah, I knew it was a reach as I was typing it. Sure feels like the tyranny of Cody is inevitable for at least a month or two. :sigh:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

She’s 100 going up and if POV doesn’t save her she’s gone.

Which like bums me out because I like her but also I think it devastates the house dynamics. Kevin goes with Cody. David goes with Cody. DayBay go with Cody. Janelle and Kaysar completely isolated.

And it means we lose the weird and fun Nicole A/Janelle friendship.

YUUUP. Hate to see it!

Nicole... You in danger, girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBfukKmATo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

Yeah, I knew it was a reach as I was typing it. Sure feels like the tyranny of Cody is inevitable for at least a month or two. :sigh:

It feels very similar to BB18 and Paulie to me. I mean maybe that’s just the Cody, Day, and Nicole thing but it feels like the same kind of house dynamics. Cody should coast for awhile as long as he doesn’t self destruct.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole A and David nommed. Nicole in tears. Everyone saying Memphis is a huge dick to David. Earlier today Memphis also made fun of Day crying because she was bad at the Suite comp and told everyone how funny his goodbye message was to Keesha making fun of her. “And if people don’t like it I don’t give a gently caress.”

Memphis really coming out ahead this week. Gonna be hated by everyone including his alliance, be the shows villain, and will manage to get rid of the massive threat of Nicole Anthony.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

*in extremely Enzo voice*

gently caress memphis yo gently caress that dude yo im done thats it yo

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Memphis is in such a strong position at the moment. HoH and made people burn their Suite tickets so he has a high chance of winning next week. But his selfish "see you in the second half lol" strategy is bullshit and to be honest I will revel in his getting hosed by it in a few weeks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I was really excited to see Memphis back at the start of the season but he’s kind of a smug rear end in a top hat. He’s getting almost creepy obsessed with getting Ian out too.

On the bright side Ian is starting to talk a little.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When someone chooses to go by the name Memphis and brags about how many restaurants they open, you should not ever be surprised that they are, in fact, a gigantic bag of douche.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The house is gonna full scale revolt in Memphis by weeks end. Everyone is pissed at him and I don’t think they’ve even processed the whole David/Nicole BB21 thing. Memphis is handling this about as badly as you can handle a HOH. And he straight up doesn’t give a poo poo.

Meanwhile Janelle and Kaysar are desperately trying to save Nicole A and get someone else up there and Nicole A has predictably regressed and thinks Janelle sold her out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I liked him as Dan’s sidekick. :shobon:

I guess in a roundabout way this makes Dan’s game even more impressive in hindsight?

The way this season is playing out feels spectacularly cruel to Nicole A and David. I didn’t even watch their season and it’s bumming me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/melbrown00/status/1294460394661122049?s=19

At least he didn't call him "boy", I guess.