Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Too late Zebu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Welp

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The door opens and the boy begins his trek across the room. It is a very large room, so it will take many steps for him to make his way to the closet, his final destination. The first few steps are clean, but on the fourth, the foot comes down, and there is a horrible shriek. The boy lifts up his foot to find...

It's a Tan 2x4 Bri....

Oh wait, no it isn't. Maybe the boy needs glasses.

Captain Foo - Red Corner Connector, K'NEX-Aligned Survivor Vig - was stomped on Day 1!

quote:

During the day, just once during the game, you may ##dog another player in the game and kill them immediately (a dog will take them away to a world of sadness). As a Survivor, you win if you are alive at the endgame.

Night 1 begins now!
Night actions in whenever you can, please - within 24 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Votecount for Day 1

Captain Foo (6): merk, Opopanax, King Burgundy, apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Asiina, merk, apostateCourier, merk, apostateCourier, merk, merk, fiery_valkyrie
Hal Incandenza (1): Quidnose, Asiina, Asiina, Quidnose, Asiina, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Asiina, kaschei
Opopanax (1): Asiina, Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose
King Burgundy (1): kaschei, kaschei, Asiina, Asiina, Captain Foo
apostateCourier (1): kaschei, Captain Foo, Opopanax, kaschei, Captain Foo, greatZebu, Opopanax
Quidnose (0): kaschei, kaschei, merk, apostateCourier, merk, apostateCourier
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, merk
merk (0): apostateCourier, King Burgundy, apostateCourier, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, King Burgundy
Asiina (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Captain Foo, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (1): King Burgundy

There are 11 living players. It takes 6 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is July 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The boy's trek has barely begun, but his senses are getting sharper. About to step down, he spies a brick hiding in the carpet and picks it up. Knowing that his parents will yell at him about the state of the room, he tosses the brick into a nearby toy bin. Spring cleaning may be endless, but at least it's a start!

merk - Black 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Cop - was put away on Night 1!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name and learn if they are a Megablok or not.

Day 2 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): apostateCourier, Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, greatZebu, Hal Incandenza, kaschei, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Quidnose

There are 9 living players. It takes 5 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 01st, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

At least merk didn't get stepped on.

:unsmith:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

So did anything interesting happen yesterday or what

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lots of people bandwagoned onto Foo who turned out to be 3P, Merk got mad at me for defending him a bunch and I retorted that I didn't like the lynch, Opop trolled a bit, AC jumped his vote around at the drop of a hat, Hal kinda commented on some stuff...that's about it I think?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh, weird. I thought yesterday made merk look kind of scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:zombie: Spineless. :zombie:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Lots of people bandwagoned onto Foo who turned out to be 3P, Merk got mad at me for defending him a bunch and I retorted that I didn't like the lynch, Opop trolled a bit, AC jumped his vote around at the drop of a hat, Hal kinda commented on some stuff...that's about it I think?

Oh hey a hat dropped
##vote Quidnose

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I have made a startling day 1-worthy discovery

quote:

Mega Brands, Inc., formerly Mega Bloks, Inc., is a Canadian
##vote opopanax

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

kaschei posted:

##vote opopanax

:supaburn: ##vote opop
##unvote I'm not that stupid don't worry

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

##vote opopanax

I'll allow it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, so since Merk turned out to be acting in good faith, and given his experience with the game, I'm feeling like I should take his other opinions with some level of importance.

So he briefly flirted with the idea of FV as scum:

merk posted:

##vote fv

merk posted:

No, I thought fv's vote and unvote sounded awkward. That's the only thing that jumped out of the page at all.

Then he moved onto Foo, who of course turned out to be an enemy.

Next up, he jumped on Quidnose for defending Foo:

merk posted:

##vote Quidnose - defending others instead of casing people. The Opo case is gotcha scum hunting.

He said a lot more on Quidnose, but it is mostly quotes with added context, so not going to try to fit it all in here.

Lastly, in response to Kaschei's vote on Hal, he says:

merk posted:

I guess this isn't bad. I'd probably vote with it if the Foo thing dies, but I would much prefer Foo.

Merk's target of FV felt a little weak to me, although I'd like to see FV say a bit more, but I'm feeling ok about either of the others. I think I'll start with Hal since Quidnose is a lot more active.

##vote Hal

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do you have any opinions of your own or are you just going to go with Merk's day 1 reads? That post screams "faking content."

##vote Burgenman

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Do you have any opinions of your own or are you just going to go with Merk's day 1 reads? That post screams "faking content."

##vote Burgenman

I've still only finished one complete mafia game, so it's true I do a lot of cribbing of others work while I get my feet wet. To me your vote just now just looks like omgus since I called you out above. :shrug:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

given his experience with the game, I'm feeling like I should take his other opinions with some level of importance.

Never do this.

Everyone is poo poo at this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What happened with your avatar

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I've still only finished one complete mafia game, so it's true I do a lot of cribbing of others work while I get my feet wet. To me your vote just now just looks like omgus since I called you out above. :shrug:

Except you didn't REALLY, you said you were ok with voting me based on one dude's opinion and then voted for Hal because I am posting more than he is. Really, your vote is lovely and lazy, man.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Except you didn't REALLY, you said you were ok with voting me based on one dude's opinion and then voted for Hal because I am posting more than he is. Really, your vote is lovely and lazy, man.

That is fair. I appreciate your quest for non laziness in mafia. I agree with the sentiment and that is why I usually focus on lurkers initially.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

What happened with your avatar

I think it suits me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

That is fair. I appreciate your quest for non laziness in mafia. I agree with the sentiment and that is why I usually focus on lurkers initially.

I haven't checked, but I would be willing to bet I am somewhere in the middle in terms of posting this game.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Opopanax posted:

It's so weird that you were wrong on a day 1 alignment call?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I think I'll start with Hal since Quidnose is a lot more active.

##vote Hal

What I really don't like about this (aside from the way you're just retelling merk's votes without adding anything about your own thinking explaining why you find them persuasive) is the way you're implicitly making a list of people to kill that we should start making our way through. And you're doing it without even really arguing against any of the people on the list.

##vote King Burgundy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

It's so weird that you were wrong on a day 1 alignment call?

Yeah.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

What I really don't like about this (aside from the way you're just retelling merk's votes without adding anything about your own thinking explaining why you find them persuasive) is the way you're implicitly making a list of people to kill that we should start making our way through. And you're doing it without even really arguing against any of the people on the list.

##vote King Burgundy

Are you seriously telling me you don't make lists of people you think are potentially scummy as you read a mafia thread? Your reasoning seems pretty lame to me. But so be it.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Are you seriously telling me you don't make lists of people you think are potentially scummy as you read a mafia thread? Your reasoning seems pretty lame to me. But so be it.

I don't take issue with having a list of people you think are scummy (although this seems to be more of a list of people merk thought were scummy). I take issue with the mentality of "let's start with Hal, then we can move on to Quidnose". Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this kind of linear plan with no real backing logic makes me suspicious.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

greatZebu posted:

I don't take issue with having a list of people you think are scummy (although this seems to be more of a list of people merk thought were scummy). I take issue with the mentality of "let's start with Hal, then we can move on to Quidnose". Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this kind of linear plan with no real backing logic makes me suspicious.

Ahhhh, ok, that makes sense then. I was just saying *I* would start with Hal. He's said the least, I was hoping it would prompt him to speak up so I could better judge for myself. He still hasn't said poo poo though.

Quidnose is feeling pretty towny to me at the moment, so I probably won't end up going down that road.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hi lego thread, I think Opop may be scum for real

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

kaschei posted:

Hi lego thread, I think Opop may be scum for real

Okay, why is the syrup guy scum?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Gosh why are you defending him it's like you know he's town :grump:

or wait was that hal that was hal. Okay new tack:
First of all, that's not syrup it's HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, SORBIC ACID AND SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVES), SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE. So you should call him "the SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE guy" because that sounds totally rad.

Second of all

Opopanax posted:

1) it's not weird to be wrong day 1
2) I think it was his Canadian way of implying that he wouldn't have killed mark.

Third of all
c)

Opopanax posted:

Well this is making me reconsider

Opopanax posted:

Uhhh

Ok I guess I feel better again. But yeah even if Foo's scum there is for sure scum on this vote
Fourthly
iv.

Opopanax posted:

And what the hell does any of this even mean? That is a standard thing for me as either alignment, that's what standard means. It's also quite obviously not what I'm doing right now, I'm setting up and pushing a case.
iv.a. he wasn't pushing a case beyond going "this foo guy should be voted. Oh you're voting for him? That's strange, maybe he's not scum - oh wait yes he is you should continue voting for him, but if you do you are probably scum fyi."
iv.b. this is not the only time he's said "i'm playing the way I always play / my play is not indicative of my alignment"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I can get behind a case with such inconsistent list labeling.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just realized I forgot some important rules for casing canadians

Pourquoi est-ce que vous lui défendez? Savez-vous qu'il soit town?

Euh, moment, c'est hal? Oui c'est hal. D'accord:

Pour commencer, ce n'est pas sirop, c'est SIROP DE MAÏS À HAUTE TENEUR EN FRUCTOSE, EAU, CARMELLOSE SODIQUE, SEL, AGENTS DE SAPIDITÉ NATURELS ET ARTIFICIELS, COLORANT CARAMEL, ACIDE SORBIQUE, BENZOATE DE SODIUM (CONSERVATEUR), HEXAMÉTAPHOSPHATE DE SODIUM. Alors vous devrez s'appeler "l'homme de SODIUM HEXAMÉTAPHOSPHATE" parce que il est un homme de sodium hexamétaphosphate.

2e,

Opopanax posted:

1) it's not weird to be wrong day 1
Je pense ceci est sa façon insinuer qu'il n'avait pas tué mark.

3e,

Opopanax posted:

Well this is making me reconsider

Opopanax posted:

Uhhh

Ok I guess I feel better again. But yeah even if Foo's scum there is for sure scum on this vote
4e

Opopanax posted:

And what the hell does any of this even mean? That is a standard thing for me as either alignment, that's what standard means. It's also quite obviously not what I'm doing right now, I'm setting up and pushing a case.
a. il n'insisté pas un procès sauf pour «ce mec foo doit être élu. Euh, vous avez voté pour lui? Étrange, possiblement, il n'est pas un mafia - non, il est, vous devez voter pour lui, mais si vous avez, vous soyez mafia.»

b. ce n'est pas la première fois qu'il a dit «je joue comme je joue / vous ne pouvez pas me lire.»

(1000 pardons I did this in a hurry and I am not good at it)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess I've got to respect our language laws

##vote Opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:psyduck:
What? I have no idea what anyone is saying. Like I got some of that, but nothing I follow is scummy. Like yeah, I wouldn't have killed merk, why is that bad?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Psyduck is sending a message.

:psyduck:: "Opop certainly couldn't have killed mark, Opop thought he was scum!"

It's not very effective...

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

basically it's a really awkward way to interject that you, opo, had a townie™ thought

Opopanax posted:

:psyduck:
What? I have no idea what anyone is saying. Like I got some of that, but nothing I follow is scummy. Like yeah, I wouldn't have killed merk, why is that bad?

And why say "anyone" here? It's just me, opopanax. It's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quid accused me of a bunch of confusing nonsense yesterday

• Locked thread