Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Also, the Count of Beirut is now being offered to Slaan, let me know if you want him or would rather have your courtier. Here's what he looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm happy as a courtier. Nothing but poo poovoting posting for me is fine

Also, being landed means having to go out and fight. I'm happy staying in the palace and doing nothing administrative work nothing :)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

In that case, he's open to anyone. Whoever wants him can claim him whenever

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Me

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Nice, added to the cast post

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hashim posted:

Also, the Count of Beirut is now being offered to Slaan, let me know if you want him or would rather have your courtier. Here's what he looks like.

Seems a little... cranky with his rightful ruler. Probably converting to Catholicism would chill him out. Just a thought.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Gonna join the Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
The fact that we have more Sinophiles than monarchists in our court is absolutely hilarious.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also joining Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vinny Possum posted:

Also joining Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity

You need to create a character first (just give me a name and culture)

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hashim posted:

You need to create a character first (just give me a name and culture)

My bad!

Vincenç de Montségur
Occitan

joining
Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity

Vinny Possum fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 3, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1105

*Join the ongoing crusade at once.
*Feudal vassal obligation shall be set to Levy Shifted.
*Prioritize conquering the provinces of Gaza and Tyrus, at earliest safe opportunity.
*Avarice Prevention Act, regarding land distribution.
*Reassign steward to collect taxes in the wealthiest province.
*Dedicate the next feast in memory of the fallen Count Galdemar.

Chapter 3 - The Second Crusade - 1105 to 1110

Jerusalem waxes strong.

By providence of God Almighty, the Saracens have been humbled and repelled, but they are not yet defeated. That much was made clear when Count Galdemar was cut down in murder, before my own eyes.

That insult demanded retribution, and the lords of Jerusalem have answered — we march to war.

A commendable decision, and no time was wasted in joining the crusade for Egypt, domain of the Shia Caliph. Even so, preparations had to be made before we could take to the field. These preparations began with the lords of Jerusalem passing a new law, whereby the nobles would contribute more levies to campaigns against the infidel.

More important was funding, however, so a special tax was also imposed on the populace of Jerusalem.

This tax was used to hire a mercenary company, the Rus Company. The Knights Templar were also persuaded to join the fight, though they wanted a small stretch of land in Jaffa instead, where they were given permission to erect a new fortress.

Finally, the royal order to raise the army was given, and a great force of crusaders, men-at-arms and knights slowly made their way to the rallying point at Negev.

It took many months for the entirety of the army to arrive, but we kept ourselves busy raiding Saracen lands and plundering Saracen caravans in the meanwhile.

Once the great lords of the realm were gathered outside the walls of Negev, a small feast was held in honour of Count Galdemar, and the vengeance being sought on his behalf.

It was during this feast that I met with Tièrri van Loon, Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller, face-to-face for the first time. A short conversation told me that he was a godly man and clever fellow, he would make a good companion in the crusade.

And finally, at the height of the scorching summer of 1106, we were ready to march.

Our crusade began with 12,000 crusaders crossing the border, assaulting and capturing Ascalon.

Once the strategic city was secured, we pushed south with the intention of joining forces with other crusader armies roaming the Sinai. That plan was immediately foiled, however, when an immense swarm of Saracens fell on us unawares.

They had the element of surprise and they had the numbers, but my crusaders quickly fell in line behind me, and after a hard-fought battle stretching across two days, we emerged victorious.

A glorious victory, but costly all the same, and the next few weeks were spent in recuperation. As summer gave way to autumn, Jerusalem was ready to march again, and we soon came upon a crusader army led by the Count of Luxebourg, King of Sweden and King of Powys.

They knew our banners and they'd heard of my exploits, of course, so it didn't take much to convince them to join rank with us. And together, it wasn't long before the rest of the Sinai was subjugated, with our combined host reaching the banks of the Nile before the new year.

It was there that the comet was first sighted — a colossal blaze of fire trailing across the sky, day and night. Many claimed that it was a omen from above, a sign that marked our just cause for crusade, and common soldiers soon dubbed it Godefroy's Sword.

And the very next day, another Saracen army came with the dawn. Their raid quickly escalated into a full-blown battle in the camps, but when the sun reached its peak and the last blows were traded, the banners of Jerusalem were still fluttering in the wind.

Another crushing victory. Who knew, perhaps the rumours had some truth to them, perhaps that comet was mine.

Our victories were beginning to mount, so we pushed across the Nile in force and besieged the metropolis of Alexandria, sacking and pillaging as we marched.

Alexandria, however, was an entirely different matter. The immense city was well-fortified and well-stocked by the Mohammedans, and our assaults were thrown back with heavy casualties every time. The siege dragged through winter and spring and into summer again, seasons that only sapped at our strength.

That is, until God spoke to me.

Sacrilege? Blasphemy? Hysteria?

Perhaps, but I heard the whispers of God as I slept, and when I woke I knew how the day would end. Rumours were already abound when I ordered yet another assault on Alexandria, many doubted me and many thought me insane, but I knew.

And that same day, after vicious fighting along her walls, Alexandria was finally cracked open.

After months spent sweating and struggling beyond the city walls, the victorious crusaders couldn't be restrained for long. While common soldiers were looting and plundering, the nobles made straight for the citadel, where dozens where taken prisoner and promptly executed.

More corpses for the grave, we thought. But once they were crushed and the citadel was seized, the reasoning behind their stiff resistance became very clear.

Alexandria was certainly a prize, and in more ways than one.

Artifacts that dated to the earliest days of Christendom were discovered within the citadel, chained and locked in vaults far beneath Alexandria. Of course, it didn't take long for arguments over their ownership to erupt amongst the petty nobles, with some demanding a portion of the spoils and other suggesting that they be sent to Rome — Rome!

But this victory was mine, and mine alone, so the crusader lords were shouted down and the artifacts were seized by force. They belong in Jerusalem, and that's where they would go.

Incensed, the Kings of Sweden and Powys departed with their forces a few days later. That didn't much impact our morale, however, it was becoming clear that God was acting through us, through me, and petty kings would not stop me from realising His will.

The next few weeks were spent in Alexandria, where my lords and courtiers quarelled and agonised over our next move, but their plans were scattered by another command from God Almighty...

The summer heat was fierce, and I was resting in my refurbished quarters when I suddenly woke in agony, with scratches along my forehead, punctures in my wrists and feet, and a great wound at my side. Barely conscious, they say I staggered into an assembly of nobles and commanders, the very image of Christ, and said in a voice that wasn't my own — "We march on Cairo."

That's when I came to, with blood dripping onto the marble floors and the lords of Jerusalem on their knees. We were back on the road before month's end.

While we were recovering our strength in Alexandria, however, the fighting continued to rage along the Nile, with disease and pestilence quickly following wherever swords were crossed. Large parts of Egypt had already succumbed to camp fever, but we were surely touched by God, and so we pushed on.

And over the next few weeks, hundreds upon thousands fell prey to the epidemic, leaving just 3000 men-at-arms to besiege Cairo when we finally reached the pox-ridden city. 3000 of the very best, though, and probably holiest.

Our siege weapons were scarcely set up when, yet again, a host of Saracens fell on us.

With Muslim and Christian alike drained by years of campaigning and disease, the contest quickly devolved into a desperate man-to-man struggle for survival. The fighting stretched across days, but with the Image of Edessa fixed to a banner and raised high, the crusaders refused to give ground or surrender.

And a few days into 1109, another crusader army arrived from the north, bolstering our numbers and edging the odds in our favour.

Their army was destroyed and dozens of nobles were massacred in the fighting, including the Caliph himself, and with thousands of crusaders and rebels now wreaking havoc across the countryside, that battle was the death knell for the Mohammedans.

There was only one thing the Caliph could do.

Victory! Upon receiving the news, Pope Paschalis announced he would hasten to Alexandria without delay, with the victorious lords of the Crusade gathering in the historic city to decide on the partition of land.

But I wouldn't stand amongst their ranks. A scant few days after capturing Cairo, fever and sickness took me to bed, where my physicians diagnosed me with gout.

There wouldn't be any marching or fighting for me, within a few weeks I could scarcely walk. The affliction became so severe that, to my great shame, I had to name a regent to rule in my place — a good friend and fellow crusader, Tièrri.

Leaving the grandmaster in command of the army, I was carried back to Jerusalem by litter, with every jerk and jolt sending waves of pain coarsing through my body. Death was waiting for me, I was sure. It would only be a little while longer...

And it was then that the news reached me, carried by merchant ships and swift winds, travelling along the coast from Alexandria to Jaffa to Jerusalem.

Pope Paschal and the crusaders had made their decision — Kingship of Egypt was to be mine, and my family's.

It seems God's plan for me has not yet ended, as Jerusalem waxes ever stronger.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 6, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Casualties:

Your character sheets have been updated in the castpost, along with Prince Raimond, Prince Tancred, Grandmaster Tierre and King Godefroy.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 3, 2019

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Not the Fucker! He will be missed.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
A glorious victory for Jerusalem and for all of our brothers in faith! May Godefroy the Great be honored for eternity!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Name: Fresse Nauta
Culture: Frisian

Courtier me up!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

A glorious victory! Time to reap some spoils, I say.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

It's a long, long journey back to Powys. God surely wants me here, doing his holy work in ways that coincidentally don't involve boats.

Name: Rhisiart Cynwrig
Culture: Welsh

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
How do you do, fellow crusaders!

Name: Sigurd Olofsson
Culture: Swedish

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

In accordance with the AVARICE PREVENTION ACT, the lands conquered by Jerusalem during the Second Crusade has been awarded to the following courtiers:

— To Serighe, Jossar, goes the County of Cairo and Duchy of Cairo:

— To Hallel, Xelkelvos , goes the County of Bilbas:

— To Angelbert, Soup du Jour, goes the County of Ikhmim:

— To Julien, Slaan, goes the County of Kolzum:

Your character sheets on the castpost have been updated.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Dibs on Kolzum if Slaan passes again.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'll take it. It was ordained by Him, after all

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Hail Count Julien, then.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, since current laws prevent the haute cour from revoking land, I'm offering the Emir of Ascalon to Angstrom Gothington

This is what he looks like.

If Angstrom doesn't want him, he'll be offered to MaxieSatan, then Flavius Aetass.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Hashim posted:

Also, since current laws prevent the haute cour from revoking land, I'm offering the Emir of Ascalon to Angstrom Gothington

This is what he looks like.

If Angstrom doesn't want him, he'll be offered to MaxieSatan, then Flavius Aetass.

Repeating from Discord, but I'll be taking over the Emir and leaving the Eclipse Party.

Thank you!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Added you to the cast. You've got a nifty sword out of it as well!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

An honor to have been given land so close to the seat of royal power in Egypt!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
My headcanon is that Raimond ate Fahkr's heir, making Fahkr depressed and leading to his death from stress.

Also, that Raimond the cannibal had Fahkr excommunicated, which about makes sense.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

House Blaiddyd once again would like to honor King Godefroy for his most Christian leadership in the Crusade, and exercising the clauses of the Avarice Prevention Act for the first time by rewarding his faithful courtiers for their long-standing service. May the counts and dukes of Cairo steward those lands well for many years to come!

Long live the King! Long live Jerusalem!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

An honor to have been given land so close to the seat of royal power in Egypt!

Yes, yes. Very honorable. Good thingToo bad I'll never see the land or it's heathen people as I am far too busy getting rich administering the Kings lands in Jerusalem

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
To think that a count's good for nothing second son, a lazy layabout in his brother's court, could one day find himself a Prince of Egypt... it is beyond words. I am indeed honored by his Majesty (and hope for his speedy recovery) and my fellows in the Haute Cour without whom this would not be possible.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 4, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

New courtiers have been added to the cast, don't forget to check out the discord -

Hashim posted:

If you're interested in participating or want to check out senatorial roasts and jerusalem chat, it might be useful to join the LP's Discord, so click HERE for that.

Legislative session will open for proposals tonight.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I’m trying to figure out how Tancred just picked up both craven and unyielding defensive military leader traits. :psyduck:

My current thinking is that my glorious character is now really good at rallying the troops under his command to fight to the death specifically to enable his own cowardice from battle.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Snipee posted:

I’m trying to figure out how Tancred just picked up both craven and unyielding defensive military leader traits. :psyduck:

My current thinking is that my glorious character is now really good at rallying the troops under his command to fight to the death specifically to enable his own cowardice from battle.

His preferred defensive battle style could have fostered a reputation of cowardice, rather than that being a genuine trait of his perhaps?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

His preferred defensive battle style could have fostered a reputation of cowardice, rather than that being a genuine trait of his perhaps?

Sadly, his personal combat stats have actually gone down significantly, so I will treat this as a genuine trait for the purpose of role playing his voting behavior. Tancred will always fight for Christ, but he is no longer the same crusader he was before the Egyptian campaign.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

IA! IA! Venerate the Count!

Eclipse Party (Expansionistic Crusading)

Leader: Radcliff Konopka (MaxieSatan)
Members: Prince Raimond (Lord Cyrahax), Ferrand de Forts (Yavuz), King Godefroy (Erwin the German), Prince Serighe (Jossar), Fulgam Cornipes (AJ Impy), Antoon van Oegstgeest (Pakled), Eadric Motestowe (Flavius Aetass)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 18 votes

Mercator Dei (Economy, Merchantry)

Leader: Rodric (Grizzwold)
Members: Count Julien (Slaan), Pilaf Thermidor (Ralepozozaxe), Count Hallel (Xelkelvos), Padraig O'Tutorial (Thordain), Count Robert (Technowolf), Count Gaucher (HiHo ChiRho)
# of members/votes: 7 members, 15 votes

Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity (Han-flavored Tolerance)

Leader: Qualiam d'Quintavallis (QuoProQuid)
Members: Ulferic Ex Miscellanea (Pancho), I'm Not Saladin (Rody One Half), Giyorgis Zemenfes (Obliterati), Count Thoros (Flesnolk), Vincenç de Montségur (Vinny Possum), Prince Iftikhar (Angstrom Gothington)
# of members/votes: 7 members, 12 votes

Parti Du Roi (Increase/Maintain Monarch's Power)

Leader: Tièrri van Loon (Top Hats Monthly)
Members: Kristof van Rheineck (Clayren), Count Bezz'i (habeasdorkus)
# of members/votes: 3 members, 11 votes

Pro Deo et Regno (Increase/Maintain Vassals' Power)

Leader: Dimitri Blaiddyd (Mirdini)
Members: Edelgard von Hresvelg (sheep-dodger), Alexandre Magno Abrão (Frionnel), Prince Tancred (Snipeee)
# of members/votes: 4 members, 7 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Count Gauthier (i81icu812), Count Rorgues (CapFalcon), Baron Centule (TheFlyingLlama), Count Angelbert (Soup du Jour), Leon du Napeau (Freudian), Claude von Riegan (Mr.Morgenstern), Bessarion Aeros (NewMars), Owain Gwynllwyg (Captain Mediocre), Louis de l'Ours (Luhood), Maël Cornouaille (Zikan), Alexander (really queer Christmas), Fresse Nauta (mcclay), Rhisiart Cynwrig (megane), Sigurd Olofsson (Kangxi), Binyamin Nasrallah (Shogeton), William Anderson (WilliamAnderson)
# of members/votes: 16 members, 23 votes

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 5, 2019

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Confirming in-thread that I joined the SSSc.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ahead of the next legislative session, there are a couple changes to legislative procedure:

• Laws may contain a maximum of 3 clauses, and must be directed at a single matter. For example, a Law that both forbids the King from revoking lands and forbids the King from converting vassal religion will be refused, you'd need to submit them as two separate Laws. If you're unsure about yours, just let me know and I'll clarify.
  • When the King is deemed incapable, the decision to refuse a Proposal that has gathered sufficient opposition falls to his Regent (this just makes more sense, you wouldn't be asking the King to decide on national policy if he's comatose).

Added these to the rules post.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 4, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Session of the Haute Cour, 1110

: Order! Order! Order in the hall!

: My lords, I know that this is an exciting time - many in this hall have fought and bled for this day, after all, a day that will be surely celebrated for the rest of time - and I'm proud to declare the Shia Caliph has been broken, and Egypt has been reclaimed!

: As to why our noble King Godefroy could not make this announcement himself... well, it pains me to tell you that he is still bedbound and unable to rise. The very best physicians in the realm are tending to him as we speak, but until he regains his strength, I will accept the burden of standing in his place, of speaking with his voice.

: And our first order of business, surely, must be to consolidate our gains in Egypt. New crusader lords have established themselves in Alexandria, Paraetonium, Faiyum, Asyut and Aswan, and they will not be pleased to be ruled from Jerusalem, so we must pacify them without delay, by whatever means necessary.

: We rule in Outremer, and we alone.

: Once that is achieved, we can look to our borders. We have scored a mighty victory for Christendom and dealt a terrible blow to Islamdom, but the battle for Christ never ends, and I expect that to be reflected in your proposals.

: The King wills it! God wills it!

State of Affairs

King: Godefroy de Bolougne
Regent: Tièrri van Loon, Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Eclipse Party, Mercator Dei, Pro Deo et Regno, Parti Du Roi, Shanqing School of Supreme Clarity
Treasury: 6038 gold, +8.97/month
Piety: 4902, +4.39/month
Army: 3800 levies
Alliances: Duke Alexios of Thrace.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
None.

Active Laws:
- War Economy Law, with these clauses.
- Avarice Prevention Act, with these clauses.

World Map:

Council and Court:
The offices of Steward and Court Chaplain are vacant, along with several minor titles.

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem and Egypt is Eustache de Boulogne, Duke of Edessa.

Laws:
Next regular law can be passed from June 1113.

Technology:

Military:

Factions:

Decisions:

Religion:
An antipope was just set up by the Holy Roman Emperor, in Aquileia.

Culture:

Relations:

Defensive Pacts:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging a coronation ceremony.
- Appointing members of the Council (the in-game council).
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Taking loans from merchant communities.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons (required Council acceptance).
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.

Legisation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, and after this period, the 5 most popular proposals (2 from largest faction, assuming they each have enough support) are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- Each lord is entitled to submit a single piece of legislation, and unless otherwise stated, they are assumed to be supporting that same Policy/Law.
- A member of a Faction may only support legislation submitted by a colleague in their Faction. They may oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may pledge their support to a single Directive, submitted by any independent lord or faction.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the law always take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

WHEREAS our newfound land must be suitably developed and defended, now and for posterity, and as leader of the Eclipse Party, I propose (and guarantee passage of) the following Policy:

The Castle Erection Order of 1110

• Build a castle in the county of Jerusalem, to be granted to Ferrand de Forts in recognition of valorous and honorable conduct during the Crusade for Egypt.
  • Build a castle in the duchy of Cairo, to be held directly by its Prince in order to ensure an effective defense of the region.
  • Build a castle in the duchy of Tripoli, to be held directly by its Prince in order to ease the administrative burden on the region.

In addition: Whereas the stability of the realm depends on our ability to punish sedition and immorality and reward loyalty and upstanding behavior - but, at the same time, whereas the rights of the Haute Cour must not be infringed, I propose the following Law:

The Title Revocation Act

• Title Revocation is to be legalized.
  • Members of the Haute Cour may only have titles revoked due to concretely proven sedition, rebellion, or conspiracy against the king. Mere accusations are not sufficient. Belonging to a faction, but taking no action beyond that, is not sufficient. This clause does not apply to landed nobles not represented among the Cour.
  • All titles outside the Duchy of Jerusalem revoked by the King for any reason must be granted to landless members of the Cour, if possible, per standard Avarice Prevention Act guidelines (i.e., in this respect, they are to be treated as equivalent to land conquered in a holy war or Crusade).

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 4, 2019