Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Schwarzwald posted:

The hell is going on in the card art?

He's ghostbuster/ Luigi's mansion -ing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Mikujin posted:

Yeah I was a backer at the same tier. I flipped my account sometime after set 2 released for like triple the investment because it was apparent the game was going nowhere good.

So like... is this legit? Where can I find a buyer? Because I have the pro player account that I haven't touched in like 6 months cause the cards are all boring as gently caress and limited sucks.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Eela6 posted:

He's ghostbuster/ Luigi's mansion -ing.

He's also a hamburglar.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

yup

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

What.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

crads, man

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Skyl3lazer posted:

crads, man

I don't even know what to think of the Spirit, other than it feels like it should pump power as well.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

IT'S DOUBLE 13

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Werewolves and wolves really giving Kobolds and Minotaurs a run for their money as far as "worst tribe ever" rankings.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Is providence a wacky one-of or will it be a cycle? I'm hard pressed to think what the others might do.

Also note that the 26 life is double the 13 that continues as a theme throughout the block.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Spirit sure is valuable for the ability to save the heavily played werewolf tribe from the near ubiquitous damage based removal in standard right now

Providence is a very weird card that I'd probably play in Wx limited control decks and nowhere else, ever

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
providence hating on the non-existent burn deck

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
When are they gonna spoil the good cards in this set?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Toshimo posted:

Did you miss the mini baneslayer angel and tamiyo

also elder deep fried

E: That last one might not be great but I love him regardless

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Toshimo posted:

They already spoiled the 4-mana 4/3 Baneslayer.

efb

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
That Wolf Spirit is no Wolfir Avenger.

The 26 life spell I don't know how to react to. If there's a burn deck in Kaladesh Standard (not likely), you could sideboard four of these in and... make their kill strategy take a turn longer? A good Standard burn deck theoretically will kill by what, turn 5? So you need to really race against the clock to land a seven mana spell to steal the game from that deck that probably won't exist. It could be a decent sideboard card.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mince Pieface posted:

So like... is this legit? Where can I find a buyer? Because I have the pro player account that I haven't touched in like 6 months cause the cards are all boring as gently caress and limited sucks.

There's like numerous sites where account buying/trading/selling happens. Google is your friend.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Providence is a very cool looking piece of trash.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

That Wolf Spirit is no Wolfir Avenger.

The 26 life spell I don't know how to react to. If there's a burn deck in Kaladesh Standard (not likely), you could sideboard four of these in and... make their kill strategy take a turn longer? A good Standard burn deck theoretically will kill by what, turn 5? So you need to really race against the clock to land a seven mana spell to steal the game from that deck that probably won't exist. It could be a decent sideboard card.

burn decks tend to not have like, any reach so 6 extra life is usually more then a turn

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Soul Glo posted:

He's hosing down all your opponent's garbage.

Why's he wearing a burgler's mask?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
If you want to hose burn in standard the best spell for that is still Pulse of Murasa. >_>

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Because a deck that doesn't exist clearly needed more hosing.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Providence seems like one of those cards that has some weird edge case where it goes in some super broken deck in Modern/Legacy/Vintage and does nothing else.

Thus I approve of it.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

anglachel posted:

Providence seems like one of those cards that has some weird edge case where it goes in some super broken deck in Modern/Legacy/Vintage and does nothing else.

Thus I approve of it.
Yeah I guess you could potentially go Gemstone Mine or Spirit Guides into some rits into Ad Nauseum or Plunge into Darkness with a free 20 life but it just doesn't seem reliable enough to be good. I don't know of any other ways to make free mana at instant speed, so unless you're going gemstone mine you're going to need at least one manamorphose to go off, and this all needs to be in your opener or it doesn't do anything.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Providence is such a strange card, but I'm pretty sure it's just a whacky one-of

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Logicblade posted:

If you want to hose burn in standard the best spell for that is still Pulse of Murasa. >_>

true

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
TIL that when you Eldrazi Displacer a Thought-knot Seer, as the permanent's controller, I get to sequence the triggers, aka I see what card you drew with the newly entered Thought-knot.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Werewolves and wolves really giving Kobolds and Minotaurs a run for their money as far as "worst tribe ever" rankings.

Hey! Minotaurs got some decent stuff in Theros :colbert:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thisuck posted:

TIL that when you Eldrazi Displacer a Thought-knot Seer, as the permanent's controller, I get to sequence the triggers, aka I see what card you drew with the newly entered Thought-knot.

I remember abusing this at the OGW prerelease

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I love dumb tribal lords that do nothing in constructed

I'm not joking

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
It's my new favourite EDH card.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

United Resistance (?) 1RR
Sorcery
Escalate 1 (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.)

Choose one or more -
* Target player discards all cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards.
* United Resistance deals 4 damage to target creature.
* United Resistance deals 3 damage to target opponent.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

That spider is the worst mythic in a loooooong time.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Attorney at Funk posted:

United Resistance (?) 1RR
Sorcery
Escalate 1 (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.)

Choose one or more -
* Target player discards all cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards.
* United Resistance deals 4 damage to target creature.
* United Resistance deals 3 damage to target opponent.

2RR for 4 to a creature + 3 to your opponent seems pretty decent, even before you get to the replacing excess lands with real cards. More of this sort of thing and red might actually be playable.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

A legendary mythic rare seems like an odd place to pay homage to an uncommon spell known for being featured in a limited-only deck full of lastpick commons.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

A legendary mythic rare seems like an odd place to pay homage to an uncommon spell known for being featured in a limited-only deck full of lastpick commons.

It also seems to be pretty bad in limited for a mythic, unless the delirium deck is already good.

E: it kills the new mini baneslayer, I bet that's why this isn't at a lower rarity.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
They've been waiting for a spot to make a GB Spider legend because commander players keep asking for one, so they decided to spend one of their "crappy mythic" slots on it

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
This Set Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Hey, I've always wanted to see Duke's Dear Freja as a magic card. Needs more butt lasers though.

• Locked thread