Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I tried Preview briefly to try out 3.6 & found that it caused my Deck to display a black screen 90% of the time I switched to desktop mode, forcing me to manually restart. (Haptics were still active so it seemed like a display issue)

Stable remains fine but I would really like them to add Family Sharing support already. It's a bit annoying that the only way to access shared games on the Deck involves using an unstable version of the OS itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If I go through that guide to mod Fallout New Vegas on the deck, does that disable achievements? I've played NV multiple times, but it was way back, on the 360. Now, as smooth as it already runs on the deck, I'd love to throw on some graphical or QoL things, but I'm also aiming to 100% it, achievement-wise.

From what I hear no, playing TTW or VNV does not turn achievements off. If you want to play FO3 though, that doesn't have Steam achievements at all because it was originally on GFWL

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tenkaris posted:

I can get into desktop mode now and fix decky so I guess things are good :shrug:

Im thinking of adding the Decky installer as a non-Steam game so I can reinstall from game mode, but I havent actually checked that itll work

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Are there any must have mods for Fall Out 4?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

That Zelda Decompiler is super cool. Love this kind of stuff for deck, especially since it's super easy for me as a simpleton

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I installed that Majora Mask recompile the thread was talking about and it is super cool. Just the widescreen and autosave and high framerate from jump are amazing features. I could not figure out how you put in new textures or enable Ray tracing though. If the deck can't handle Ray tracing I know my kid's PC can

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I could not figure out how you put in new textures or enable Ray tracing though. If the deck can't handle Ray tracing I know my kid's PC can

They havent added support for that stuff yet, according to the readme.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I was getting it conflated with a different project

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The whole idea behind these recompilation ports I like, that these are meant to be plug the rom in and play the drat game while stuff like Ship of Harkinan can build in all the speedrunner and randomiser stuff for those who want to get really in-depth. The main concern I have is that we're going to get Zeldas, Mario, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and maybe Banjo ports and then everyone's going to lose interest so the idea of giving new life to the lesser known games in the library like Rocket or Space Station Silicon Valley or the one I really want, Multi Racing Championship, is never going to be properly realised.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well in the video I saw the same guy who did this one has already tested similar solutions with Rocket Robot on Wheels and Superman 64

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tenkaris posted:

If you can go into both gaming and desktop modes you're fine, but there was a strange update pushed on the stable channel that was labeled beta? And it broke decky and since that point going into desktop mode has failed for me

I can try it again right now for science but I haven't seen any update pushed since to make me think it won't black screen me again.

im on stable and have decky installed and i can go between gaming mode and desktop mode no problem.

skill issue, git gud, etc etc. ad nauseum

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

alexandriao posted:

im on stable and have decky installed and i can go between gaming mode and desktop mode no problem.

skill issue, git gud, etc etc. ad nauseum

Did you get tested? How can we be sure your skills aren't just average?

And uhh thanks for chiming in but there was another post after that where I said it was working fine now so maybe use your god-tier reaction time to read the rest of the posts first next time? :shrug:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Well in the video I saw the same guy who did this one has already tested similar solutions with Rocket Robot on Wheels and Superman 64

Yeah if you can just plug a rom and go in the future, I'll sell my everdrive and all the bs required to make the N64 look lovely on a modern TV.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

njsykora posted:

The whole idea behind these recompilation ports I like, that these are meant to be plug the rom in and play the drat game while stuff like Ship of Harkinan can build in all the speedrunner and randomiser stuff for those who want to get really in-depth. The main concern I have is that we're going to get Zeldas, Mario, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and maybe Banjo ports and then everyone's going to lose interest so the idea of giving new life to the lesser known games in the library like Rocket or Space Station Silicon Valley or the one I really want, Multi Racing Championship, is never going to be properly realised.

Jet Force Gemini my beloved

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

njsykora posted:

Nah, a rising tide lifts all ships, this will be good for the obscure N64 stuff too, even if they never get the exact same treatment.
(Like Bomberman 64 and Chameleon Twist.)

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

All the retro video game enthusiasts I know are psychotic weirdos about niche titles, you might be surprised what gets made with some time.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tenkaris posted:

Did you get tested? How can we be sure your skills aren't just average?

And uhh thanks for chiming in but there was another post after that where I said it was working fine now so maybe use your god-tier reaction time to read the rest of the posts first next time? :shrug:

None of these burns are even very good lmao. At least everyone else here put in a little bit of welly when they tried to own me, smdh

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So with the rom manager thingie in emudeck, is there a way to tell it what to name the folders it creates? I'd like the group/collection to be 'Nintendo 64' not 'Nintendo 64 - Rosalie's MUpen GUI'
Like I know I can rename the group but then I'll have to do it every time I add/remove and whatnot.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

alexandriao posted:

None of these burns are even very good lmao. At least everyone else here put in a little bit of welly when they tried to own me, smdh

You get what you deserve, your only funny post is the one we mock you for.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So with the rom manager thingie in emudeck, is there a way to tell it what to name the folders it creates? I'd like the group/collection to be 'Nintendo 64' not 'Nintendo 64 - Rosalie's MUpen GUI'
Like I know I can rename the group but then I'll have to do it every time I add/remove and whatnot.

If you go into Steam Rom Manager you can edit the group name it creates there by editing the parser, I don't know if that'll gently caress up its integration with the Emudeck frontend though.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tenkaris posted:

You get what you deserve, your only funny post is the one we mock you for.

Needlessly rude. So do you dislike me, or all queer people, or all women, or are you going to pretend the former but really it's one of the latter?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut the gently caress up you weirdo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Needlessly rude. So do you dislike me, or all queer people, or all women, or are you going to pretend the former but really it's one of the latter?

Second funny post.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

shut the gently caress up you weirdo

I will never shut the gently caress up

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I score above average on psych tests that measure how quickly I can blame queerphobia and misogyny for negative reactions to my lovely posts

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

big cummers ONLY posted:

I score above average on psych tests that measure how quickly I can blame queerphobia and misogyny for negative reactions to my lovely posts

I said something weird and lovely, and was rightfully mocked for it, this is fine.

I tried to participate in the thread further by stating that the flaw the above user was experiencing was not universal, and tried to make it funny, and (very obviously) failed, whatever. What I'm trying to figure out is why this user apparently hates my guts, because the reactions I am getting are like 10x more hostile than they need to be on all levels.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao posted:

what

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Its true that most of my posting in the Steam Deck thread comes from that dark place in my heart

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Reminder that the new Diablo 4 season starts tomorrow and the game is perfect on the deck

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's still Diablo 4 though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jackie D posted:

It's still Diablo 4 though

Yeah and its still great.

Even better now!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

alexandriao is not the problem here you loving weird dorks

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

alexandriao posted:

I said something weird and lovely, and was rightfully mocked for it, this is fine.

I tried to participate in the thread further by stating that the flaw the above user was experiencing was not universal, and tried to make it funny, and (very obviously) failed, whatever. What I'm trying to figure out is why this user apparently hates my guts, because the reactions I am getting are like 10x more hostile than they need to be on all levels.

I'm not helping, so I'll stop ribbing you. It's just that that kind of accusation is huge and seemed way out of left field as a casual reader of the thread

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah and it’s still great.

Even better now!

I really wanted to like D4 but it just ain't hitting me like 2 and 3 did. I am unironically happy that some people are having fun with it though. God bless

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 13, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I will play it but there are currently plenty of better arpgs you could play. Hopefully the changes make the game at least fun now. Pretty low bar but that's the state of games anymore that release clearly unfinished. Only took them a year!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i still need to get a carrying case or something for my deck so i can take it places. the hardshell case it came in is nice but you can't exactly sling it over your shoulder or anything and i'd prefer to keep my hands free

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Suburban Dad posted:

I will play it but there are currently plenty of better arpgs you could play. Hopefully the changes make the game at least fun now. Pretty low bar but that's the state of games anymore that release clearly unfinished. Only took them a year!

What changes did they make? I played through the story pretty close to release and then never touched it again, I haven't been following

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

alexandriao posted:

:lmao:

I don't know anything about you except the way you post in this thread, lady. But thanks for the accusation of bigotry :thumbsup:

You just have by far the most mockable post in the thread and yet still act like a snarky rear end in a top hat which is a classic goon behavior but this is where it gets you lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 13, 2024

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Why do weird nerds always have to fight when discussing Linux issues?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

big cummers ONLY posted:

I really wanted to like D4 but it just ain't hitting me like 2 and 3 did. I am unironically happy that some people are having fun with it though. God bless

The only part I enjoyed about Diablo 4 was about halfway through the story. It starts off slow as poo poo, and it really, really wasn't gripping me. Then my friend and I dedicated a weekend and a bunch of drugs to finishing the campaign and I was real into it!

I don't know if the season will be any good, I haven't ever done any of that. The game is a LOT different from Diablo 3 which is currently a very good game, and in a lot of ways it's a lot worse but in some ways it's better. Namely, D3 can be a bit much but D4 is a lot slower.

Regardless, I can only play these games on a controller so thankfully the Deck (or more accurately the ROG Ally) runs it really well. It's also extremely good on GeForce Now if you want to play it in 4k, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jackie D posted:

What changes did they make? I played through the story pretty close to release and then never touched it again, I haven't been following

They completely redid loot and added a d3 like endgame.