Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sighence posted:

Pinchay made their offer and then Lethe accepted Daucus's two hours after that. You want to make an argument about considering the earlier offer first, fine, though it's much too late to believe that as Lethe apparently currently argues that they're sleepposting.

Sticker assignment would be of some value, varying per sticker (wealth is an absolute albatross, knowledge only worth the initial -1/-1, the others in between). That said I'm not about to pretend I like or understand the sticker board but I don't think Lethe has a negative sticker to assign.

Offer values being equal as far as I can tell at the moment, Pinchay has the preference.

Why does Pinchay have the preference? I would love to hear the logic here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Why does Pinchay have the preference? I would love to hear the logic here.

Their offer doesn't potentially help someone ahead of us on the leaderboard, where yours does.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

Their offer doesn't potentially help someone ahead of us on the leaderboard, where yours does.

OK, I’m pretty confused.

If you’re ranking just by Prestige, Lethe has the least Prestige of anyone here. So Pinchay, not Lethe, is ahead of you.

If you’re ranking by the sum of Prestige and Crave, every other House is ahead of you.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Eh, you refuse to clarify in a timely manner, so you get none. Point remains, if Lethe wants this they gotta beat Pinchay.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

Eh, you refuse to clarify in a timely manner, so you get none.

Is everything OK? You've been acting unusual today.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Nah, that's pretty normal.

We'll offer 15 coins, obviously Pinchay can match that.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Quackles posted:

I'm fine, this is just my "your options are severely limited so just pick one" face showing. Appreciate the concern though.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

We can, and we will. 16 coins for signing rights.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Sighence posted:

if Lethe wants this they gotta beat Pinchay.

Inadequately posted:

We can, and we will. 16 coins for signing rights.
Since we're at the deadlineEDIT: had a look at Cyfoeth's Discord, I'll consider this a done deal. Update to follow!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 4, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of Queen Ilysia III, Dilemma 6, Resolution

Moderation posted:

• House Cyfoeth moderates in favor of House Pinchay!
  • House Pinchay pays 16 Coins (current: 9) to House Cyfoeth (current: 34).

House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

The real cocaine coffee were the friends we made along the way.

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 14 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 38

Updated.

Reign of Queen Ilysia III, Dilemma 7

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +10 Cohesion

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: TravelLog (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

Dilemma 7 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Eye Island!
:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 4, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This seems extremely straightforward, to be honest.

Send the man back to the Great Hospital, and I hope he emerges in a better state of mind next time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator
When did we establish the hospital again?

(shitposting start)

No, no, we must tear the hospital down to search for wrongdoings.
Or we could simply put the man back to be cured, that works too

(shitposting end)

(OOC) honestly given the historical treatments for madness I feel for the poor man, but unless Hysadora left notes on how to synthesize butyrophenones, benzodiazepines, etc there's not much we can do beyond funding mr. not Freud if and when that dilemma comes up (and exists)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

Senator
When did we establish the hospital again?

When we got our narrative achievement.

Omobono posted:

(OOC) honestly given the historical treatments for madness I feel for the poor man, but unless Hysadora left notes on how to synthesize butyrophenones, benzodiazepines, etc there's not much we can do beyond funding mr. not Freud if and when that dilemma comes up (and exists)

You never know. Maybe they have synthesized such - that's an impressively large beaker.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

Senator

(OOC) to be clear I agree buuuuuuuuuuuuut given the psychic wheat, zombies, etc.

Senator

Just because it's a hospital does not mean they have a right to hold folks against their will. And given recent events who knows, he might actually need an exorcism.

E: also we’re missing our 3 coins from Daucus for voting nay. We could not give them the potential sticker for welfare because of moderation but we still fulfilled our end of the bargain by voting nay.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 4, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Foreperson

While I certainly feel for the poor man, I'm not sure this is a matter of national importance for the nobility. Surely this could have been worked out between him, the doctors and the guards without involving us?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

E: also we’re missing our 3 coins from Daucus for voting nay. We could not give them the potential sticker for welfare because of moderation but we still fulfilled our end of the bargain by voting nay.

This is accurate: the primary condition was voting Nay, with only a secondary condition regarding the sticker.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

My bad, will fix it before the next update!

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
House Cyfoeth
Sitting Councilmember Mobileposting

It is definitely a tough decision between the freedom of the individual and the collective safety of society as a whole. While we must believe the Doctors at the Grand Hospital do indeed have this man's best interests at heart, lest the social contract unravel, House Cyfoeth cannot in good conscience deprive this person of their freedoms without some form of advocacy for this individual or some other impartial mediation.

While technically that is what the council is currently providing by deciding on this matter, without further testimony from those other than the doctors themselves this isn't something we can agree to.

There shouldn't be a circumstance where we are deciding essentially based on these doctor's sole authority, particularly when such authority is coming simply from the associated prestige of their institution.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth

It is definitely a tough decision between the freedom of the individual and the collective safety of society as a whole. While we must believe the Doctors at the Grand Hospital do indeed have this man's best interests at heart, lest the social contract unravel, House Cyfoeth cannot in good conscience deprive this person of their freedoms without some form of advocacy for this individual or some other impartial mediation.

While technically that is what the council is currently providing by deciding on this matter, without further testimony from those other than the doctors themselves this isn't something we can agree to.

There shouldn't be a circumstance where we are deciding essentially based on these doctor's sole authority, particularly when such authority is coming simply from the associated prestige of their institution.

Senator

:agreed:
The situation is kinda murky and we don't have enough information (or authority to investigate apparently) so all choices are a leap of faith.

House Gambol should pass on deciding this one, we don't have much at stake here.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth

So does this mean you are intending to vote aye, or are you abstaining on this matter?

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Treasurer

House Lethe offers 3 coins for 1 power on aye, available to the first comer.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

To House Lethe: If you wish to better your standing, there are better ways to do it than hurting the state of the realm.

House Daucus will give House Lethe 8 Coins (all our remaining money) to strongly vote Nay*, and retract their existing deal as well.

House Lethe: If you take this, you'll go up to 2nd place coins, moving you up from your current standing agenda-points wise.

*4+ Power

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Omobono posted:

Senator

:agreed:
The situation is kinda murky and we don't have enough information (or authority to investigate apparently) so all choices are a leap of faith.

House Gambol should pass on deciding this one, we don't have much at stake here.

Sitting Councilmember

I'd make some sort of comment about our intent, but this sums up my thoughts quite well. Best to keep our hands clean of this one, and others are working on it anyway.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

LPFinale posted:

Sitting Councilmember

I'd make some sort of comment about our intent, but this sums up my thoughts quite well. Best to keep our hands clean of this one, and others are working on it anyway.

Sitting Councilmember

Is there an amount of money which would get you off the fence here? Specifically, on the side of Aye?

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Covski posted:

Treasurer

House Lethe offers 3 coins for 1 power on aye, available to the first comer.

House Cyfoeth

We do have intents to vote Aye. As such House Cyfoeth Accepts House Lethe's deal. House Cyfoeth will bid 1 power AYE in exchange for 3 coins from House Lethe.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth

We do have intents to vote Aye. As such House Cyfoeth Accepts House Lethe's deal. House Cyfoeth will bid 1 power AYE in exchange for 3 coins from House Lethe.

Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

• Daucus -3 Coins (current: 8)
  • Lethe +3 Coins (current: 18)

Waiting on one missing vote!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Ilysia III, Dilemma 7, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 6).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 9).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 10).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 26).

Votes Aye (with a bid of 3 Coins)
Spends 1 Power (current: 11).
Gains 0 Coins gains 3 from Agreement, gains 1 from Storyline bonus: (current: 38).

Votes Nay
Bets 5 Power (current: 15).
Gains 0 Coins (current: 8).

Votes Aye
Spends 9 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins minus 3 from Agreement, gains 1 from Storyline bonus: (current: 16).

House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 13 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 32

Updated.

Reign of Queen Ilysia III, Dilemma 8

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Inadequately (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

Dilemma 8 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Eye Island!
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Councilmember

Closing it would be so :effort:. Live and let live, I nay.
Say.
Whatever.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Foreperson

House Pinchay has always stood for letting the free market handle it, and this case is no exception.

Also, seems like bringing this entire scheme under our control would be way more profitable in the long run.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

In addition, do we really want to risk a coup because of wealth?
It's not that probable, but still.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

To: Houses Daucus and Cyfoeth

Any chance we could convince you guys to let us have this sticker?

Alternatively, how much are you willing to pay us for 1+ power on NAY?
(The 1+ is if an AYE coalition pops up somehow and you need more help)

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Daucus Mobileposting
As much as stickers are nice, the Daucus coffers are running low. As such, we do put forth a counter offer.

House Gambol will pay House Daucus 8 Coins, and vote Nay with 2 Power. House Daucus will vote with more, and will give House Gambol signing rights to any stickers we acquire.

This is, of course, pending approval of Quackles as I currently have no power.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Was under the weather yesterday, but I'm back. And I'm going to have to modify the prospective deal posted above.

If House Gambol truly wants this, badly, then they should be prepared to work for it, by giving us 12 Coins and voting Nay with 2 Power. (In exchange for a lot of power on Nay from Daucus, and us selling you signing rights.)

We will not vote Nay if this deal is not taken.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Was under the weather yesterday, but I'm back. And I'm going to have to modify the prospective deal posted above.

If House Gambol truly wants this, badly, then they should be prepared to work for it, by giving us 12 Coins and voting Nay with 2 Power. (In exchange for a lot of power on Nay from Daucus, and us selling you signing rights.)

Is House Daucus potentially threatening the safety and stability of Her Majesty Queen Illysia III's reign should they not be paid, or would House Daucus imply they'd simply be abstaining from voting to instead consolidate from the (admittedly quite tempting) pool of influence?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

Is House Daucus potentially threatening the safety and stability of Her Majesty Queen Illysia III's reign should they not be paid, or would House Daucus imply they'd simply be abstaining from voting to instead consolidate from the (admittedly quite tempting) pool of influence?

To answer that, please look at things from our position.

At the moment, the Queen is at risk of dying of old age.
We fear that, if the Queen dies now, that House Gambol will do better than us— significantly better, even.
This fear has haunted us for numerous reigns now (and not without reason), and probably goes a long way towards explaining some of our more erratic moves, historically speaking.

As a reminder, House Gambol has a remarkable lead in both Prestige (which will likely be important with Ankist’s high Cohesion), and in total Prestige and Crave. If not checked, they stand to run away with the game.

So: what do you think we should do?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

(extra underlining mine)

Oh, no, don't throw us in that briar patch.

Have Houses Lethe and Cyfoeth commented? If they did I can't see them.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

(extra underlining mine)

Oh, no, don't throw us in that briar patch.

Have Houses Lethe and Cyfoeth commented? If they did I can't see them.

House Lethe thought the last dilemma was more important than it was and has zero power.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bellmaker posted:

House Lethe thought the last dilemma was more important than it was and has zero power.

Right, sorry, forgot that tidbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

To answer that, please look at things from our position.

At the moment, the Queen is at risk of dying of old age.
We fear that, if the Queen dies now, that House Gambol will do better than us— significantly better, even.
This fear has haunted us for numerous reigns now (and not without reason), and probably goes a long way towards explaining some of our more erratic moves, historically speaking.

As a reminder, House Gambol has a remarkable lead in both Prestige (which will likely be important with Ankist’s high Cohesion), and in total Prestige and Crave. If not checked, they stand to run away with the game.

So: what do you think we should do?

The consideration is not unfounded, but perhaps the demands may simply be too steep for a fair accommodation.

Asking for money in exchange for signing rights is entirely understandable, as is a mutual power commitment, but room to negotiate terms is of course important. We are nobles, not warlords or barbarians after all.

But that's assuming your arguments are made in good faith, and not that House Daucus finds themselves as possibly the Moderates or the Rebels, depending on the scoring intended and have reason to depose the monarch for your own benefit. If Daucus believes that House Gambol will be in a better position should the reign end now, why would there be anything but motivation to see Her Majesty live as long as possible in hopes of changing that?