Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

fizzymercury posted:

It's weird, even for a jarred sauce. It's sour and pasty and almost, but not quite, entirely unlike alfredo sauce.

That doesn't sound good to me. I will avoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ok went back and bought another pendleton sherpa lol and two for xmas gifts. all the moms in my life are gonna love it.

also got those brown sugar boba popsicles and you weren't kidding, thread, they're delicious

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I bought the $14.99 Eddie Bauer pullover today and it was extremely short. Returning it tomorrow.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Crusty Nutsack posted:

also got those brown sugar boba popsicles and you weren't kidding, thread, they're delicious

one of us, one of us ooga chacka ooga chacka

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Full stack of puzzles right inside the door today. Had to resist getting the 500 piece after buying the 1000 a few days ago and not even attempting it yet.

I lust for puzzles.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
(Packaged) bread I buy at Costco stay fresh for like weeks longer than anywhere even buying the exact same product/brand and tbh it kinda weirds me out, are they doing something different like irradiation to make it stay fresh longer (not saying this is a bad thing) or is it just a much shorter/more efficient supply chain or what?

Fresh bread is different though, the in store stuff has what I would consider the “expected” lifespan

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Paul MaudDib posted:

(Packaged) bread I buy at Costco stay fresh for like weeks longer than anywhere even buying the exact same product/brand and tbh it kinda weirds me out, are they doing something different like irradiation to make it stay fresh longer (not saying this is a bad thing) or is it just a much shorter/more efficient supply chain or what?

Fresh bread is different though, the in store stuff has what I would consider the “expected” lifespan

Get the fresh bread, freeze it for a few hours/overnight so it will hold it's shape, vacuum seal it, enjoy it for weeks, defrosting as you go.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

KakerMix posted:

Get the fresh bread, freeze it for a few hours/overnight so it will hold it's shape, vacuum seal it, enjoy it for weeks, defrosting as you go.

Are you re-sealing it every time you take a slice? How does this work?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Are you re-sealing it every time you take a slice? How does this work?

I do yeah, but it's usually my wife and I eating at the same time so it will be two or three bagels or the ciabatta or four or six slices then I reseal the bag. Just give yourself a bit extra, and as you use the bread you get more reseal real estate.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

KakerMix posted:

Will do, thanks! Yeah I like the artisan rolls for sandwiches but I have trouble going through a full bag in a week before they go bad, so I didn’t do it that often.

A vacuum sealer is really a pro tier Costco purchase, and I’m thinking of getting a chamber vacuum sealer (perhaps the one Costco carries) to take the next step.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 7, 2021

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

If you can swing it, get the chamber sealer. Chamber sealer all the way.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Paul MaudDib posted:

Huh I've had the opposite experience where the costco bread goes moldy way quicker. I don't buy their double packs anymore because of it. In Oregon

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lament.cfg posted:

I bought the $14.99 Eddie Bauer pullover today and it was extremely short. Returning it tomorrow.

Yup, had to get an XL for the correct length, and now the body section is like a circus tent.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FogHelmut posted:

Yup, had to get an XL for the correct length, and now the body section is like a circus tent.

This is my main problem with Costco clothes, no tall sizes.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

priznat posted:

This is my main problem with Costco clothes, no tall sizes.

Women’s pants/leggings top out at a 29” inseam, which means my 33” inseamed body can just never buy anything. Even the men’s pants only have 33” with, like, a 38” waist.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Women’s pants/leggings top out at a 29” inseam, which means my 33” inseamed body can just never buy anything. Even the men’s pants only have 33” with, like, a 38” waist.

Yep even the socks often top out at size 11 so the only item I can buy reliably are the underwear.

They know their clientele though (short and fat :haw:)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Football day time to go to curch and get a bunch of wings and also maybe anothe rof those pumpkin loafs with the cream cheese icing and white chocolate on top :ck5:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Kraft dinner

The Canadian shibboleth

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Every single time I see this thread (that I have never and WILL NEVER click on!!!) I think it's a thread about famed canadian television gem "Corner Gas"

thanks for nothing

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I think the only clothing I've ever bought at Costco are things like gloves or hats.

Everything else is always too big. I'm smiling thinking about the sort of person whose entire wardrobe is from a Costco though.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Kirkland sweater is definitely a bigger men's L, but I love that the sleeves actually fit my lanky fuckin arms

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

GolfHole posted:

Every single time I see this thread (that I have never and WILL NEVER click on!!!) I think it's a thread about famed canadian television gem "Corner Gas"

thanks for nothing

can we interest you in well-made moderately priced apparel and a rotisserie chicken?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have a number of graphic t-shirts, but even those vary wildly within the size L. I bought a Hurley hoodie recently and it was skin tight in large so I bought an XL. Pants are hit or miss whether or not they have stick legs or giant baggy legs compared to the waist size, but that's true anywhere.

The Kirkland dress shirts are giant circus tents. I bought the fitted shirts online which are fine. The only issue is they advertise as no wrinkle/no iron, but the collar always flattens out when you wash them and must be pressed. I have shirts from other brands that maintain their integrity through the wash.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I think the only clothing I've ever bought at Costco are things like gloves or hats.

Everything else is always too big. I'm smiling thinking about the sort of person whose entire wardrobe is from a Costco though.

Tbh I frequently wear outfits that are nothing but Costco and my favorite thrift store. The flannels are great, and sometimes I get compliments on them from strangers!

E: also I’m very skinny

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Kirkland winter socks are the poo poo. I only buy brands like Smartwool for summer hiking and for skiing. For general full length, cold-weather, mostly wool socks, Kirklands are inexpensive, durable, and work well.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

It's become my favorite clothes store. The downside is when I buy something I really love I can't go back for another. I got a pair of chinos there that I wore for half my Costco vacation and wish I had three more pairs like them. They look nice enough to wear to a dinner date and they're just simple basic pants that go with anything.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The Canadian shibboleth

Ironically it was Costco that broke me of my love of KD. They sell a case with extra large boxes of KD, which threw off my preparation because the microwave times are different with +%50 macaroni in a pack. Plus that is just TOO MUCH and you get sick of it way quicker. I haven’t bought any in ages, instead going the pasta/evap milk/shredded cheese and it is a winner!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I might have a puzzle problem

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

Dump them all out together and mix them up NOW you got a puzzle problem! :haw:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

My Costco puzzle says it's the same size, but only 500 pieces.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

priznat posted:

Dump them all out together and mix them up NOW you got a puzzle problem! :haw:

diabolical

phosdex posted:

My Costco puzzle says it's the same size, but only 500 pieces.

yeah, they made two versions but it seems like they made way fewer of the 1000 variety... at least based on what was available at my local store

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think we need a progress report from the jamon purchaser

Unless it killed them, then rip

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Agreed, I would like to see an in progress shot of the jamon.

I am feeling very good about my decision to not buy the jamon, but my partner is feeling regret. I made it up to him with additional rotisserie sacrifices.

We're going to be eating enchiladas for a long time now, btw, the canned chipotles in adobo are back in big can form.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Has anyone tried infusing the jamon with rum?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it might be good if you boiled rum down to make a candy glaze, but just ploppin some fancy ham into a jar of rum... sounds yucky

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to Costco with the whole family yesterday, first time since before the pandemic. Wifey and I saw a bed that we loved and we were looking for one anyway so I went back today with my FILs truck to buy it.

All the shameful Costco dads just stood there like assholes watching me struggle to get it onto my flatbed by myself and didn't offer any help :argh:

Chilling inside right now because i just rolled my ankle trying to get it in the front door. This bed better be loving worth it.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

diabolical

yeah, they made two versions but it seems like they made way fewer of the 1000 variety... at least based on what was available at my local store

Dang, I just grabbed one off the stack, didn't know there were some 1000 piece ones.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I got a flannel from costco, but tbh it wasn't that great. Started pilling right away, but maybe that's just user error with washing or something.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

Went to Costco with the whole family yesterday, first time since before the pandemic. Wifey and I saw a bed that we loved and we were looking for one anyway so I went back today with my FILs truck to buy it.

All the shameful Costco dads just stood there like assholes watching me struggle to get it onto my flatbed by myself and didn't offer any help :argh:

Chilling inside right now because i just rolled my ankle trying to get it in the front door. This bed better be loving worth it.

This is the one thing I don’t really like about Costco - any large items it is a complete crapshoot if you get any assistance at all. I once got an entire standing safe into my car (wagon) by myself and I nearly died. Thankfully my FIL helped get it out at home. From then on I swore only to buy the big stuff online with their free delivery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The cashier actually told me that if I needed help loading it, to let the receipt checkers know and they could page someone to help.

Of course, that was the easiest part so I didn't bother. The hard part was getting it in the house.