Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im лоллирую in solidarity with you

ספסיבו, טובריש.

Also:

https://twitter.com/Zn_Portnova/status/855342135809277952

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

like is anyone reading this guys posts, look at this how do you stay awake

i read every post that is short or obviously a meme

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:ussr:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:pusheen:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:qq:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Don't let that single good opinion of him distract you from Melenchon being a hard nationalist who uses talking points of Le Pen and Trump under a thin veneer of leftism.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

man, im reading up on french candidates now, and its real loving bleak. semi-honestly hoping macron wins so the non-french europeans get hosed the least

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the eu in its current form is fundamentally unstable and also poo poo, in need of serious constitutional reform

vote melenchon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
no its ok france is so good and cool and only americans are racist and bad --europe

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

corn in the bible posted:

no its ok france is so good and cool and only americans are racist and bad --europe

lol i dont think anyone would claim that a country wherea 'national front' gets over 20% does not have a problem with racism

on the other hand america literally elected donald trump, a man so comically conceited that he got his own tv show, as president because it just hates women and minorities that much

the big problem with meluche is his dumb nuclear policy imo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

those sound like some fake europeans you have been talking to

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

the big problem with meluche is his dumb nuclear policy imo
he also doesn't have even a singular non-domestic policy that isn't a vague joke at best

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"european racism isn't real because gypsies really do deserve it"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

he also doesn't have even a singular non-domestic policy that isn't a vague joke at best

I think he is very serious about his "Sozial geht nur national" policy aimed at ousting the non-French due to some delusions about ~the foreigners~ stilling the fruits of the hoenst French's labour.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

I think he is very serious about his "Sozial geht nur national" policy aimed at ousting the non-French due to some delusions about ~the foreigners~ stilling the fruits of the hoenst French's labour.

his policy is literally a mass amnesty for working sans-papiers, this is a v weird thing to say

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i am confident that he will be no worse than any of the others - plus, trying somehow to unfuck the EU is worth a couple of crackpot ideas. nobody else seems willing to recognise the extent of the crisis the union is undergoing

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

we cannot have a situation where a profoundly bourgeois-technocratic institution is a sacred cow on the left, that's bonkers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

l@s sandanist@s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

in a very crude prism, it is not too dissimilar from american immigration policies. still far less stupid than his repeating whining quite literally about "grumbling Teutons', who have come to annex GDR in 1990, rise to a dangerous empirehood". cant wait for all the pension age german deportees becoming the only capital gain in latvia's sovereign history :rolleye:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

his policy is literally a mass amnesty for working sans-papiers, this is a v weird thing to say

Amnesty for those already in, harder for more to come in. Basically the same as how British Labour tried to sell Brexit as something benefitting the common people.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

V. Illych L. posted:

we cannot have a situation where a profoundly bourgeois-technocratic institution is a sacred cow on the left, that's bonkers

they're going to kill everybody

quote:

Labour and welfare
More flexibility on labour laws and a loosening of the 35-hour week. Lower taxes on businesses, and a permanent reduction of companies’ social charges. Reform the unemployment system to extend it to more people, including the self-employed, but with more control to ensure job seekers accept offers and retrain. Keep the retirement age at 62, but smooth over differences between state and private pensions. Increase social mobility by giving companies who hire people from 200 designated poor neighbourhoods a €15,000 bonus over three years.

The state, finances and society
A public investment plan of €50bn over five years. Cut €60bn in public spending through changes to the public sector workforce and cuts to local administration. Scrap 120,000 public sector jobs by 2022. Scrap housing tax for 80% of households. Adapt the wealth tax by focusing it on property. Tax global internet giants on the profits they make in France.

Cut the number of MPs in parliament. Ban MPs and senators from employing family members or working as consultants while in office. Lift the ban on medically assisted procreation such as IVF and the use of sperm donors for single women and same-sex women couples. A €500 “culture pass” for all 18-year-olds with which they can buy books or go to culture events.

Europe
Maintain the Schengen travel area. Boost the EU’s external border controls by creating 5,000 more border guards. Establish a eurozone budget, parliament and economy and finance minister. Create a European security council. Hold citizen “conventions” across Europe to discuss the EU’s future and the importance of the European project.

Immigration
Deal with asylum applications in six months or less. Oblige those applying for French nationality to speak good French.

Security and defence
Restore compulsory military service for a month for all young men and women. Bring defence spending to 2% of GDP. Modernise France’s nuclear arsenal. Create 10,000 more police and gendarmes and improve community policing. Create 15,000 new prison places.

Environment
Insulate 1m homes in five years. Limit advantages to the diesel industry. Give a payment of €1,000 for the purchase of a new or second-hand vehicle that pollutes less. Progressively reduce nuclear energy production. Introduce a single European energy market. Fight the use of hormone-disrupting chemicals and pesticides.

this is the great liberal hope

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
In Randler's neck of the woods the right wing party's immigration policy is machine-gunning refugees who try to cross the border

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Amnesty for those already in, harder for more to come in. Basically the same as how British Labour tried to sell Brexit as something benefitting the common people.

british labour campaigned against brexit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

i am confident that he will be no worse than any of the others - plus, trying somehow to unfuck the EU is worth a couple of crackpot ideas. nobody else seems willing to recognise the extent of the crisis the union is undergoing
he's gone on repeated record that he's not in favour of new arrivals, and would highly prefer doctors to proles, as well as complaining about migrants stealing jobs. the mass amnesty is a good move, but it may be a one time charity for domestic stability

as for his international ideas, sans eu they are a weird mess of impossible dream and pseudo-isolationist junk where france leaves nato and world bank and becomes le top dog in alba and some other third world european south club. eu specifically, there's a russian proverb very accurately detailing his oscillations between violent revolution and actually unfucking things - "you either take your cross of, or pull your pants up"

alternative options are what:
- le pen: everyone gets hosed, no exceptions. bad.
- filon: non-russian europe and middle east get hosed. bad.
- macron: france repeatedly fucks just itself, and does the eu dance along.

even if we can agree on platform "FIX EU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!", macron still feels better than melenchon because he is not a senile autocrat fetishist who pretends to want to yolo lives of an entire sub-continent.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pirate Radar posted:

In Randler's neck of the woods the right wing party's immigration policy is machine-gunning refugees who try to cross the border

tbf germany and sweden were the only countries to really voluntarily step up during the refugee crisis, so i don't think this is reasonable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

if you can call still life campaigning

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

tbf germany and sweden were the only countries to really voluntarily step up during the refugee crisis, so i don't think this is reasonable
that's just american english at its best, kindergarten level arguments

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

and they are lynching negroes!!!!!!!!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'd actually go so far as to say that unrestricted movement of labour in a capitalistic society is not an unambiguous benefit for many reasons, though this is not actually a point where i'm familiar enough with melenchon's 2017 programme

regardless of one's position on the issue of labour migration in general, though, having a large unregistered population is a massive problem and he's got the only answer for it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the answer is to allow free immigration without restriction, you idiot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

having a large unregistered population is a massive problem and he's got the only answer for it
fair enough. now only to decide if one issue voting is good or bad

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

fair enough. now only to decide if one issue voting is good or bad

there are other reasons to want M in, not least of which would be the potential political reorientation of europe

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

V. Illych L. posted:

there are other reasons to want M in, not least of which would be the potential political reorientation of europe

don't you think it'd be more sensible to maintain the status quo, but worse?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

Yeah, under a leadership that was explicitly pro-Brexit. And now they all fall in line and are only slightly different in how Brexit should proceed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

pardon me my eu privilege, but id rather not be potentially reoriented by a french nationalist

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Yeah, under a leadership that was explicitly pro-Brexit. And now they all fall in line and are only slightly different in how Brexit should proceed.

i realise that following the political processes of a foreign land is difficult from a secret alpine bunker but this is a slightly skewed version of events

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

pardon me my eu privilege, but id rather not be potentially reoriented by a french nationalist

they're all french nationalists

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

every frenchman is a french nationalist, its the result of centuries of unjustified smug superiority

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

they're all french nationalists
but not all of them intend to "disrupt" eu in equal fashion. melenchon is second best, but not ideal by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

but not all of them intend to "disrupt" eu in equal fashion. melenchon is second best, but not ideal by far

macron is literally hollande without the molecule of substance, he is complete poo poo

the EU cannot go on like it has been. when the reforms come, i want them to come on the left's terms

• Locked thread