Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I’ll pull once on release and then wait to see what the next week’s filler event will be.

If the going rate for filler events is four mythril like last week’s ”event” I need to re evaluate the spending plan since when I last thought about it I assumed daily quests and normal event income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KataraniSword posted:

At least Alma's LMR isn't bad. Like, if you were to zonk on LMRs, it would've been Arc's on the OK banner. A MBlink proc on someone with a doublecast white LM2 is at least respectable CM fodder at its worst.

The real zonk on the banner is 5 Alma SSB/55. Or Marche BSB. Some combination of the two.

Ah right, I forgot that there was an SSB on the banner. I wonder what it-

quote:

SSB "Cleric's Prayer" Party minor BarHoly and HP Stock 3000

:yikes:

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

It took hours of my precious time on this earth, but I got sub-30 Kraken. I just prayed for no stops hitting. Like for Ixion, I used a chain + heaps of instacast + Kain OSB and Reno USB for DPS. I used Kain's BSB some runs, but it seems better to spend the sb meter elsewhere. The long air time on the 5* lightning jump was surprisingly not a big deal.

Bonus:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Ah right, I forgot that there was an SSB on the banner. I wonder what it-

:yikes:

In effect that's slightly better than your standard Curaga medica since HP Stock works as an overheal, so you don't need to time it for "when you really need it".

The problem is that it is a full cast-time medica in an era where instant cast in some capacity is the Recipe of the Day for healers, and barholy is in no way a strong enough effect to give it up for.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Oh hi I didn't know we had a thread for this! I started playing just after christmas and have been having fun with it, but could use some guidance on how to proceed. I've mostly been plugging thru the story dungeons for mithril and pulling on random banners, and doing events and some daily orb dungeons to improve skills, but I haven't really gotten an "A team" yet that can handle the harder content. I can clear some 140's and I think I did one 160 once but only barely succeeded. I haven't done any of the Nightmare dungeons yet and maybe I should start on them, but they seem pretty tough with the special party setups they seem to require and I am still working on getting decent 5* skills before worrying about 6* crystal stuff. I really need to start getting 4* and 5* motes somehow.. ive done a few solo runs of easy MP bosses but none of the harder ones

Anyway here's the characters I have stuff for:

Offense:
Refia USB + LMR, level 80, with Fires Within rank 2
Tifa OSB + LMR, level 80
Fang BSB1, level 74
Fran USB, seems not amazing but idk havent used yet
Freya BSB, haven't tried yet

Terra BSB1, most of the 4* black magics r3
Lulu USB, Level 72 with Chain Blizzaga rank 2

Support
Onion Knight USB1 + USB2 + LMR, but until I can scrape up enough 4* motes to at least use 5* support abilities idk if I should use him
Vaan BSB for atk/mag breaking i guess??
Montblanc SSB, mag+mind + hastega, dont even have him just notable as a possible haste source
Ingus BSB1 + BSB2
tyro NOT A GODDAMN THING, full break r2 + entrust r1 + wrath

Healer - curaja r3, ultra cure r2, protectga/shellga r1
Lenna USB atk+mag+res and 3k preheal, been my go-to
Ovelia USB, big heal + res+++ and last stand
Relm SSB, big heal + regen, used her for a while
Aphmau BSB, only healer bsb so far

... and of course a random assortment of mediocre SSBs/LMRs/Uniques not worth mentioning

my "A team" right now has been Refia + Tifa + Lenna with tyro feeding soul juice and breaking, and Lulu or Fang or whoever as the fight calls for. But its mostly an offense game, as I dont really have the sustained healing or damage mitigation for the tougher fights. Well, I could RW a wall but I haven't been doing so so far, maybe thats just me being an idiot, I've usually been taking an offensive USB or OSB and just going for the quick burn. Anyway if anyone has suggestions on what I should be working towards it'd be appreciated :) i could probably just dump stamina into orb farming for a couple months to get skills levelled up but I feel like I should be able to do more in these events.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nightmares are easy. The dungeons you need to do to unlock them are 160 at the hardest, and the nightmares themselves are just gimmick fights. They all give lots of really good rewards, so knock those out as soon as you can.

Get on the goon discord and ask around for help with the MP battles. You've got both of OK's USBs so you can easily fit in and beat even the 220 fights. They're really good even if you don't have him dived, but definitely prioritize getting Support 5 unlocked for him. MP battles will get you plenty of motes, and you can also try doing the mote dungeons.

Refia, Vaan, OK, Lenna, and Lulu would make a perfect A-team.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 10, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Honestly, gunning for the 6* skills - which is to say, trying to clear the 200-difficulty version of the Torments and trying to chip away at the Nightmare dunegons - isn't a bad idea. The Nightmare dungeons are seriously powercreeped by this point, though admittedly you'll want a broader group of levelled up people than just an A-team. Still, you can do it with Level 80 peeps if you have good relics OR good skills OR an exceptionally solid RW, if you don't worry too hard about mastery the first time through.

Out of your healers, I'd advise Ovelia over Lenna in the long run; while the stat boost is nice, instant-cast last stand is even nicer. Vaan BSB is great for everything except Magicite (and nightmare bosses, which are more puzzle-like) and will carry you for keeping boss damage manageable for quite a while.

Honestly, with your kit, you should at the very least be able to push through Ultimate stages of events for the 5* accessories, especially if you have Onion Knight levelled to 99. While getting him workable skills is very important, having his Ninja USB is more than enough to let you RW Wall and let Refia/Tifa do the heavy lifting.... again, if he's levelled up to max. OK's level gains are very, very bad until about level 92 or so, so trying to bring him in at a lower level than that is absolutely a liability.

e:f;b

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So Beyond realm is getting a few new characters...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If non-FF characters are allowed then where the gently caress is the cast from Chrono Trigger?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Avalerion posted:

If non-FF characters are allowed then where the gently caress is the cast from Chrono Trigger?

I would whale so hard for that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
It begins

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

And here I'm still waiting for Wei Shen, Geno, and Kain to show up.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Guys, the KH collab's also coming to Global at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUW1AzwBi0

https://ffrk.jp/cpn/gummiship/en/

RIP my wallet.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
huh.
has RK done something like this before? Release a JP event the same time as Global?

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Not to this degree. The closest we came was when we got FF14's debut months early, but a simultaneous JP/GL collab is an unprecedented deal. Granted, if anything can justify this, it's Kingdom Hearts.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do we have to download/sign up for this or is this one of those if x points are reached everyone gets rewards thing?

Don't play KH so w/e about the new dudes, I like the costume Cloud and Tyro get though! :D

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Feb 10, 2018

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Avalerion posted:

Do we have to download/sign up for this or is this one of those if x points are reached everyone gets rewards thing?

Don't play KH so w/e about the new dudes, I like the costume Cloud and Tyro get though! :D

The latter. It's pretty sweet.

EDIT: I ALSO see Squall's KH getup in that video! HOLY poo poo THIS loving RULES

Parasol Waddle Dee fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 10, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll work on getting OK levelled (and vaan) ASAP. I forgot to include in the post, I've got 3 MC3's so far, one will have to go to OK it sounds like but what about the other 2? Refia almost certainly I think but not sure on the 3rd

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Indecisive posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll work on getting OK levelled (and vaan) ASAP. I forgot to include in the post, I've got 3 MC3's so far, one will have to go to OK it sounds like but what about the other 2? Refia almost certainly I think but not sure on the 3rd

OK, Refia and probably either Ovelia or Aphmau for a healer. I would probably lean towards Aphmau for a beginner. Also you could look at level breaking characters with good relic materia instead. Cloud's level 99 RM that gives a big boost to damage with swords and Luneth's that gives a large chance for double exp are common starting points.

Action George fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 10, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
KH event... At the same time in Global? I wish I had the Mythril for this banner, it must be breaking our powercreeping like crazy. The bosses will probably be really tough too.

Oh, Riku's just casually using a UOSB in the video, I guess that's the Global debut.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Friend's comment: "That time that Global finally got a collab event and reddit poo poo itself." :lol:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

While possibly a mock-up, it seems like we'll be getting the SB meter update ahead of anniversary to accommodate Riku's UOSB.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Plus... new Cloud SB? So Squall Leon might get some new tech too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Oh, it's not Beyond realm. It's KH. What a foolish mistake I've made.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
man trying to get orlandeau's rm2 to drop is giving me some serious nostalgia vibes for the early days of this nostalgia game

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I never played KH and I don't like the idea of pulling for a realm with no foreseeable future, so it's a pass for me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ceaselessfuture posted:

I never played KH and I don't like the idea of pulling for a realm with no foreseeable future, so it's a pass for me.

You can pickup the 1.5/2.5 collection remaster on PS4 for like $20 now on sale. Six Kingdom Hearts games on one disc.

It’s fun seeing cameos by all sorts of FF characters.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I regret pulling on the XIV banner right before this announcement.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Avalerion posted:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that's a real monkey's paw question when the kh collab is only happening because of a different gacha phone game

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

that's a real monkey's paw question when the kh collab is only happening because of a different gacha phone game
whatever, I'll take a Chronoverse gacha

... does this mean Donald and Goofy are going to be in FFRK?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i would whale hard for donald relics if that ever happened but lord knows if disney would be down for that

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Not technically sub-30 but it counts.

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 13, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Hmm, that first brute force fight against Shadow Dragon didn't go too well, let's check what holy boost gear I have."
*four holy swords*
*four holy armors*
*a bunch of dark resist accessories*
Yeah, this'll do. 31.04 on my first clear, I can definitely do better with some tweaking. I just gotta figure out the right order of things and hone some more knight stuff; it gets spread pretty thin.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Hogama posted:

While possibly a mock-up, it seems like we'll be getting the SB meter update ahead of anniversary to accommodate Riku's UOSB.

I'm not surprised if we're getting that update earlier than expected: running the Collab simultaneously in both JP and Global means both platforms have to be able of performing on a equal footing.

In hindsight, the signs were appearing with the Realm Dungeons Revamp happening a month ahead of time and the Big Unskippable App Update scheduled on the 18th.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

By the way does anyone know how break attacks work? like every boss has level 5 resistance, but what does that mean? I heard its supposed to be 50% resistance but does that mean its half as effective? and do repeated break attempts stack up the debuff?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

gently caress, I have literally no mythril right now lol. Of course they drop what sounds like a gigantic game-breaking banner full of 6-month powercreeped poo poo right now. Probably won't be able to pull even once on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Indecisive posted:

By the way does anyone know how break attacks work? like every boss has level 5 resistance, but what does that mean? I heard its supposed to be 50% resistance but does that mean its half as effective? and do repeated break attempts stack up the debuff?

It means it's a reduced effectiveness. For example, Magic Breakdown is normally a 50% magic reduction. For someone with lv5 break resist it's a 25% magic reduction. Each level of break resist is 10% (for example magicite bosses have lv8, so Magic Breakdown would only lower magic by 10%).

Breaks do stack, but not with themselves. Magic Breakdown will stack with Full Break (30% reduction to atk/mag/res/def) for 80% magic reduction and 30% to the rest. In general, any buff/debuff that affects a different combination of stats will stack with other buffs/debuffs. So two SBs that buff attack (Onion Knight and Ramza for example) won't stack, but if one of them buffs attack AND defense/resistance (Red XIII) it will.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hogama posted:

Oh, it's not Beyond realm. It's KH. What a foolish mistake I've made.

It wouldn't say [KH] in the name if KH was it's own realm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

• Locked thread