Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Gwen, Princess of Hadramut and Oman

The Princess brings a large turkey leg up to the podium to snack on while she votes. It doesn’t appear to be helping her sour mood, though; she stares glumly at it between bites. “Ahem. House Cynwrig puts its six votes towards Late Feudal Administration. A better form of government would do us all good.”

Directives:
Appoint Prince Aubrey of Palmyra as Steward: Abstain.
Scout Solomon: Aye.
Switch Council Positions of Prince Iehan of Mudar and Prince Hila of Aden: Aye.
Party in the House of Groves: Aye.
Advance Construction tech: Aye.
Advance Legalism tech: Aye.
Appoint Prince Jaokim of Asyut as Seneschal: Abstain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Beatriz Dias, Queen of Armenia and Aldara Dias, Countess of Az-Zarqa
: Alright sister, you're the Queen. Do the votes.
: Ok. Five votes for Operation Husky.
: I'm told we can't vote on directives the way we were doing. We'll obey, but lodge a formal complaint with the Haute Cour customer service. And we also hope the Cour will turn around and vote nay on Legalism. Right now it might slow down Full Status of Women.
: Yes! And I thank Architects of Paradise for Visible Cities. It might help war thorn Armenia immensely.

Directives:
Nay on Prince Aubrey of Palmyra as Steward
Nay on Scout Solomon
Abstain on Switch Council Positions of Prince Iehan of Mudar and Prince Hila of Aden
Aye on Party in the House of Groves
Aye on Advance Construction tech
Nay on Advance Legalism tech
Abstain on Appoint Prince Jaokim of Asyut as Seneschal

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 24, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Speaking with other party members, we have found extensive flaws with the Capland I initiative. For that reason, I swap Three Votes to Late Feudalism.

Appoint Prince Aubrey of Palmyra as Steward: Aye

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hashim, the elephant portrait of GLITTERSTOMP was drawn by Rale, I have no actual talent save for shitposting

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hashim, the elephant portrait of GLITTERSTOMP was drawn by Rale, I have no actual talent save for shitposting

fixed

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Same for the various Rasul portraits. Credit where it's due, Ralepo has talent, I don't.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Slaan posted:

Three Votes for the Standard Testing policy

Appoint Prince Aubrey of Palmyra as Steward: Nay

Count Bernard de Safaga hereby changes his votes from above to the following:

3 for Feudal Administration and Steward: Yea

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
After talking with my family and meditating on what we owe to our descendants, House Mersir Moves all six of its votes to support of Late Feudal Administration

Also we vote Aye on the Steward directive

Last post probably, so long jerks.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Changing my three votes to Late Feudal Administration, and my vote on Aubrey for Steward to Aye

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session is closed:siren:

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Final Vote Count for the Session of 1255

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

LATE FEUDAL FINALLY THANK CHRIST

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Hashim, do you plan to keep updating here, or will you move elsewhere? Or go on hiatus? I'm naught but a lowly serf lurker but this has been one of my favorite threads in the past couple of months, so much that I wish it could extend into EUIV somehow. Discord is good for the discussions, but it isn't ideal for the LP updates themselves. :ohdear:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Viola the Mad posted:

Hashim, do you plan to keep updating here, or will you move elsewhere? Or go on hiatus? I'm naught but a lowly serf lurker but this has been one of my favorite threads in the past couple of months, so much that I wish it could extend into EUIV somehow. Discord is good for the discussions, but it isn't ideal for the LP updates themselves. :ohdear:

Yeah, I've only talked about this in discord, but we've decided to take a bit of a break and various other LP sites are being discussed, in the event that lowtax doesn't gently caress off or something. But I will finish the thread regardless.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The new announcement has a goatman surprise and a promise that someone bought SA from lowtax, fwiw.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1255

* Press the Jochid claim on the Holy Roman Empire

* Adopt the Late Feudal law

* Amendment to the Invisible Cities law, as follows

* If a crusade is called, make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the target is the Kingdom of Sicily

* Advance Construction technology

* Advance Legalism technology

* Gather intelligence on Solomon of New Jerusalem [img]https://lpix.org/3773333/icon-aop.png/img]

* Appoint Prince Aubrey of Palmyra as Steward

* Switch the council positions of Prince Iehan of Mudar and Prince Hila of Aden

Chapter 34 – Back to the Fatherland – 1255 to 1260

It had been years since the voice of Jesus Christ rung in my head, years without his words and instruction, and… to tell the truth, I was hurt. I spent hours in prayer and flagellation, but my devotion was met with stinging silence.

I needed something different, so in the summer of 1255, I announced to my court in Jerusalem that I was going on a journey.

A journey to a glimmer of light in the very heart of Heathendom – the Russias, where a mass conversion to Reformed Catholicism had recently taken place in my own name.

There was some grumbling, of course, but I had not been involved in politics and policymaking for years now, my vassals passing new laws even as I made my announcement.

The lords of the Haute Cour also invested large sums of gold into the construction of hospitals, mostly in nearby strongholds, to defend the Holy Land against disease from Egypt and Syria.

Oh, the lords of the Empire were certainly glad to be rid of me, even for a couple years. In my absence, they appointed my stepson and Holy Father as regent.

Things seemed well in hand and I was eager to set off, so the necessities were packed and a small party of servants and retainers were gathered, and within a week our boots were churning dirt…

If only Jesus had whispered to me then, urged me to turn back, commanded me to abandon childish adventures and take up my responsibilities… if only.

Instead, the lords of the Empire decided to embark on an adventure of their own, declaring their intent to fracture the Mongol hordes of Europe and revive the Holy Roman Empire.

30,000 levies were raised and outfitted for the task, and just as their ships departed Damietta and Ascalon, my own journey was growing harder.

It had been easygoing at first, with frequent stops at castles and cities as we wound our way north, but once we crossed the stubby hills at the foot of the Caucasus, those pleasant interludes gave way to rough terrain, vast grasslands and thick forests.

As we left civilisation far behind us, meanwhile, 30,000 levies from Egypt, Jerusalem and Syria touched ground at Venice, led by a large party of nobles that included the Princes of Ascalon, Oultrejourdain, Paraetonium, Sinai and Hejaz.

This was the land of their fathers, so the nobles expected the oppressed Christians of Europe to greet them with open arms, raising their weapons and marching in tandem…

Nothing of the sort would happen. Instead of hymns, they heard throat-singing in the distance. Instead of priests, they saw shamans beseeching gods before battle. Instead of churches, they found pagan idols and temples in captured villages. They were isolated, friendless, and surrounded by apostates.

And these apostates weren't interested in being liberated.

In a stunning upset, these peasants ambushed the levies as they slept in their camps, slaughtering tens of thousands of Jerusalemites, Egyptians, Syrians and Arabs, far from home.

While my countrymen were massacred a continent away, we finally reached our destination, finding a lavish welcome waiting in Veliky Novgorod.

Thank God, the chief of this wild realm was eager to host the legendary “King-of-Hierusalem”, him and his queen (my eldest daughter, now fully grown!) urging us to stay and rest until the trials of travel were forgotten. And with strange foods and strong drink and soft, soft beds, we were happy to linger in this small town for a few months.

At the same time, the survivors of the massacres (a scant 8000 levies) managed to group together under Prince Humbert, holing up in the mountain-fortress of Udine…

But they couldn’t hide forever, and as a bitter winter descended on them in late 1257, so did 30,000 Mongols.

Every man was praying and begging for a miracle, but as 10,000 met 30,000 beneath the cliffs of Udine, as nobles and commoners alike were cut down, as their ranks were breached, as they staggered and stumbled and retreated in desperation…

Their miracle finally arrived, in the form of 20,000 mercenaries.

Barely enough to turn the tide, but enough. The battle was bloody, casualties were heavy, and thousands were killed in the freezing cold, but it was a victory nonetheless.

As for myself, after tarrying in Novgorod for a long and comfortable winter, it was really time to get going. I enjoyed talking with the locals, praying in their newly-raised churches, even resting in their peaceful forests, but the only voices in my head were my own, and my heart was longing after Jerusalem.

The return journey was easier than expected, and just as our eyes fell on the jagged peaks of the Caucasus, the mercenary captains in the west decided to press forth with the campaign. They were desperate to gain something from this bloodbath, and so they renewed their invasion into Europe, fighting battles on opposite banks of the Danube…

Pillaging and plundering their way through Germany…

And finally, out of the 50,000 that landed near Venice, some 3000 lived to reach the Mongol capital at Weimar, where the beaten Khan finally surrendered his lands between the rivers Rhine and Danube.

The war was won and a friendly ruler was installed in Germany… but at a steep, steep cost. News of these crushing defeats and pyrrhic victories only reached my in the summer of 1259, as my party finally crossed into imperial territory in Armenia.

I was fuming, and unfortunately, I wasn’t alone in my fury. Hearing of the brutal slaughter of their fathers and uncles and cousins, the peasants and farmers of Egypt raised their pitchforks in rebellion, a hundred thousand of them.

And that wasn’t the worst of it – to the south, the so-called messiah of the Jews seemed to have commanded some sort of revolution, leading a crowd of thousands, tens of thousands, in a bloody battle against the King of Abyssinia… and winning.

And with the Empire burning, what was my regent doing to quench the flames?

Well, the Holy Father decided that this was the best time to call for a crusade.

Sinners and villains, the lot of them.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 1, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Session opens tomorrow.

Casualties:

- Mathilde, Princess of Aleppo, succeeded by Princess Echive.
- Uluc, Lord of Mecca, succeeded by Lord Umaya, succeeded by Lord Aziz.
- Jakob, Doge of the Oresund Republic, succeeded by Doge Jens.

Please declare your status as an independent or faction member, otherwise your new characters will be considered independent in the Haute Cour.

Extinguished Dynasties:
- The cadet dynasties of Estrid, Rubenid, and Erez Sender have all been extinguished. All under suspicious circumstances, too.

Politics:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Still AoP and still it’s leader.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Still AoP and still it’s leader.

Was considering following, but in the light of recent events, I think the Andirsuns will continue to seek riches over the civic institutions of the state.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

All character sheets are updated

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ezra better get on with making a Republican heir lest he die with no successors from anyone eligible in the family.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Now, this might be the Syphilis talking, but while I know my dad was a fervent supporter of A Gilded Tomorrow... I think that Architects of Paridise are definitely a good bet to go with... for a while at least.

hey does anyone have any ointment this itches like crazy

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The child was born in 1198, and Doge Rolf Egge-Thermidor could see a spark in the eyes of his son he had never seen before. He knew great things would come from his son and would do everything to make him a better man than any Thermidor before him. From a young age he got the best tutors he could afford and had the young boy learn about many different things. He even brought the young boy with him to see the planning and building of the Kingsriver canal, hoping to further broaden the boys horizons with both knowledge of construction and knowledge of the lands he would work for to the south. While riding down the Nile thier boat was attacked by a hippo, fliiping the young boy into the water. The young boy had never seen a hippo before and thought it to be a great sea-beast, leading to a lifelong fear of the various large creatures of the water.

Eventually, as all do, the young boy became a young teen, and his thoughts, as many in his position did, turned to thoughts of war. The Oresund was not the most agressive of republics but they still had to worry about attacks by Mongol raiders and rival northmen. The young boy grasped the art of strategy much quicker than any of those around him, quickly thinking up advanced tactics that floored lifelong soldiers for the sheer ingenuity and acumen, and all coming from someone who had not even come of age. He showed particualr interst in seige warfare, helping to shore up the meager defenses of the oft-forgotten lands of the Oresund. Right as he was about to come of age, tragedy struck, and his father died of a heart attack, so mad with pain he was claiming to be the pope. his father left him with some heavy last words, "pbetter our lands son, by any means." The boy was now a patrician.

The boy came into adulthood at the height of Mongol control of the world, and the Oresund was mostly cut-off from Jerusalem proper. A disease ripped through the Oresund forcing the man to huddle within his family home to try and avoid the deadly outbreak. The food stores were scarce, and rough choice were made. The family baker had died, and despite their best efforts to avoid such an act, the body had to be devoured. This act would haunt the boy for the rest if his days, and change his way of thinking from their on out. He would try to invent new types of foods that would be easier to store and carry with you, such as Gaurkogia, though it's lack of popularity wouldn't really see it's continuation. A lasting contribution of his would be the creation of the Flag of the Empire of Jerusalem, having a local witch weave it for him, and then presenting the magnificient banner to the whole of the Cour.

He would also start to better the art of leading cavalry, becoming interested in the large horses of the North. They were stockier and stronger than the sleek horses of Arabia. Their massive forms would greatly appeal to the young man, and he would begin to read up on all manner of cavarly strategy. Seeing the importance of owning a horse of his own, he went to the stables to obtain one. Among the large horses was one much smaller than the others, the runt of the litter as the stablemaster said. While the other horses were stronger and sturdier, the man could see a kindred spirit in the horse, one of small beginnings but capable of grand doings. The man bought the horse, and gave it a name nobler than any other, Sweetpea.

The mongols continued to ravage the land, and that included the trade routes of the Oresund. In one such encounter the man fought bravely, but was gravely injured, gaining a scar across his facing and losing the use of one of his legs. This greatly impacted his ability to walk. Luckily, his new friend would serve as a new pair of legs. From this point forth if you saw the man, you would probably see him on Sweetpea. He would ride the horse everywhere, even into the Cour for session. While impressive to look at, the Cour custodians did not enjoy Sweetpea's "leavings".

The man did not take the slight against him by the Mongols lightly though. Using his power as the Leader of A Gilded Tomorrow, a faction started by his father, he had assassin's sent out to kill the Khagan and his heir. A leg for a leg, if you will. This act did not go unnoticed, and The new Khagan declared upon Jerusalem proper attempting to take the titular city for some claiment. The man mulled over how best to defend the seat of Cour power, as the Emperor, while popular and of sound mind, was nearly 100 and barely half a man with how many limbs he had lost, not fit for combat. The man decided to have the emperor stay safe in a seperate holding to keep him out of mongol hands. Alongside that, he found a loophole in the way Mongols commited wars, if their claiment was dead, they would have to reasses the situation and declare a new war. The man convinced other leaders of other realms to come to the aid of Jerusalem should the mongols decalre war again, should it happen. Not believing Jerusalem would ever get such a chance, the petty lands accepted. Using more assassinations, the claiment was killed, and the mongols were forced to declare a new war, but this time facing more enemies than before, forcing them to spread out their forces. Alongside mercenaries the man had AGT purchase for the war, Jerusalem was saved. The backhanded dealings of a merchant from way up north were an integral part of many factors that lead to one of the first know defeats of the mongols.

The Mongols began to break apart, but so to did Jerusalem. Unexpected effects from one of AGT's proposals lead to a massive rebellion across the land, seeing many former powers from the great war dying out. One such effect was that the man, who was merely a patrcina, to become a Doge. While happy at his new title, he felt great guilt at bringing the land into turmoil, and stepped down as leader of AGT. The man would still help forge legislation for the party, and was considered by some to still be it's leader, even if not in name. Due to his efforts both as actual and as pseudo leader, AGT would become one of the biggest factions the Cour would ever see, an effort made so by his and every Thermidor before him.

With the new title the man was finally able to ply for a position on the council, putting his great military skills to the betterment of the empire. But, the Faith Eternal scoffed at the idea, as the man still followed the ways of old catholicism, as was popular in the Oresund. They said they would never see him on the council, and would only accept if the man converted and left AGT to join FE. The questioned his military skills, and said he was nothing more than a book-learned fool. The man did not take their offer, and simply said we would meet them at the vote. The man was easily voted onto the council as marshall, and as if to spit in their faces, converted to New Catholicism almost immediatly. The particulars of faith were of no importance to the man, who had issues of the here and now to worry about on a regular basis. The man was now the Marshall of the Realm and the Doge of the Oresund.

Peace would finally come to the realm for a time, and the man would help find the funding for many a celebration and event in the Empire. Even further, he would form a lifelong relationship with the young Estrid cousins. He could see the spark of greatness in them same as his father saw in him, and would act as a sort of surrogate for their efforts. They dreamed of seeing the world, and the man was more than happy to help make their dreams come true. He would provide funds and foodstuffs for many of their small journeys. Evetually they wanted to go where none had gone before, and them man provided not only the regular goods, but also his own brother. His brother was always a shut-in, and he wanted to expand his world view. He would see off the Gilded Goose when it began it's journey.

alongside this he would take the time to start grabbing lands around Oresund proper rife for the taking. He would take lands belonging to the muslim swedes, he would take lands from old Denmark. He would grab whatever he could. His northern war efforts would see the size of the Oresund double, including the eventual obtaining of the other half of the Oresund toll proper. He would see to the building up of the Oresund's armies, more than doubling their strength. alongside that he would find an injured owl on the battlefield. The owl was brought back to health and named Mari, and would be an erstwhile companion for both him and Sweetpea.

Now an old man, the Thermidor families would finally obtain an actual piece of land, the realm of baghdad, obtained in a lucky war against the mongols. Inside the capital was the recently ruined house of wisdom. Reading just a few of the tomes and scrolls brought a thousand new ideas to the man. While he would always hold AGt close in his heart, he set out to form a new party meant to learn about the world and find it's secrets, and then use said secrets to make it a better place. He formed the Architects of Paradise. Despite the Cour being dominated for a long time by two parties, the formation of AoP brought balance to the Cour which had not been seen in an age.

But life was not always kind to the man. In a one-two punch he had learned that his brother Sir Rolf Rolfez son of Rolf died protecting the Estrid boy on the Gilded Goose. his heart grew heavy, for it was he who sent his own brother out on the errand. Alongside this his Cousin, newly titled Prince Rolf of Baghdad, died of one ofthe most violent food poisonings ever seen. He attempted to eat a live pufferfish despite being told the warnings, and paid a messy price for it. The deaths of his family around him would somber his mood, but would not his attempts to make things better. He would push for the repairs of the great works that littered the empire, hoping that more could be gleaned from such amazing places. He would also rewrite many laws that had long been left to fallow.

Eventually time would catch up to the man, and the pains that had felled many a Thermidor, the grip of the death crab, would come for him to. In his last years he would keep working, both as Marshall and as AoP leader. He would spearhead the efforts to unlock the secret of the strange beans, and invent the beverage known as Saba, a drink he was highly addicted to. In his last days, he would return to the Oresund. He would see the great buildings that weren't there in his childhood, the new lands that did not belong to it, and the new foods and goods that flowed happily through the land. He knew he had bettered the lands, not just of the Oresund, but of all Jerusalem, and maybe even the world. In his last moments, he laid down with the very old Sweetpea in his stable. He and sweetpea would be found dead in the stable together, with Mari looking down on them and hooting, before flying away into the night. He was 60 years old, 60 long years working for his realm.

I am Doge Jens Egge-Thermidor, and I am the son of that man. The man who helped defeat the mongols through tcunning strategy and subterfuge. The man who brought two seperate factions into power. The man who saw to the repairs of our great works. The man who helped our explorers start on their path. The Man Who made the Backwater that is the Oresund and made it the powerhouse Republic that it is. May none forget his name, may none forget:

Jakob 'Eggtooth' Egge-Thermidor, Marshall of the Realm and Doge of the Oresund.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 2, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I would like to extend an offer to form a coalition with A Gilded Tomorrow, if they are willing.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 1, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Yao'er of House Cathay, PRINCESS of Hellas and EMPRESS? of the Holy Roman Empire

What do you mean my husband has refused to institute feudalism in Germany? Did he convert at least? Did he declare our children his heirs?

Where are you going? You're my servant, goddamn it! Come back here!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 30, 2020

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
The Regency of, ejem, Currently Occupied-Asyut is saddened by the demise of our dear cousin Benedikt, but we are hearing a distant branch of the family, who went hinterwards into Scandinavia to deal in the swine and truffle business, is sending a representative to occupy our House position in Oresundian politics:

The Skinkestrids

(Thanks to Ralepozozaxe for the design)

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Hashim, why did Egypt burst into revolt in-game terms?

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Jens Egge-Thermidor posted:

I would like to extend an offer to form a coalition with A Gilded Tomorrow, if they are willing.

We at A Gilded Tomorrow are more than willing to form a coalition with our brothers and sisters in Architects of Paradise! I look forward to a productive session.

I love the hat, where did you get it?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Jakob 'Eggtooth' Egge-Thermidor, Marshall of the Realm and Doge of the Oresund.

Nice, give this a title so I can link it

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Viola the Mad posted:

Hashim, why did Egypt burst into revolt in-game terms?

It's a Liberation revolt, which erupts in places where the kingdom title (i.e. the Kingdom of Egypt) hasn't been created. Started off quite small, but they kept getting the 'Nationalist Rebels rise up to reinforce an ongoing revolt' event, and it quickly spiralled from there

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Faction Tally leading to the 1255 Session

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation)

Leader: Lord Mayor Khudayr (Gigagar)
Members: Doge-Liaison Pijoul (Thordain), Countess Peronelle (Zedhe Khoja), Princess-Chancellor Gwen (megane), Doge-Advisor Ya'qub (WilliamAnderson), Princess Baydzar (Flesnolk), Count Bernard (Slaan), King-Spymaster Arsenios II (Rody One Half)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 39 votes

Architects of Paradise (Infrastructure, Exploration & Culture)

Leader: Doge Jens (Ralepozozaxe)
Members: Prince Nuri (Vinny Possum), Princess Ellinor (Xelkelvos), Prince Joakim['s Regency] (Pacho), Prince-Steward Aubry (AJ_Impy), Prince Benoît (Technowolf), Prince Morydd II (Mirdini), Prince-Advisor Hila (Hattie Masters)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 36 votes

Faith Eternal (Religious Expansionism & Reformed Catholicism)

Leader: Pope-Chaplain Temeluchus (Erwin the German)
Members: Emperor-Preferent Nicolas (HiHoChiRho), Prince Robčrt (Lord Cyrahzax), Queen Beatriz (Frionnel), Prince Benoît (Captain Mediocre), Prince Centule II (Freudian), Princess Guillaumette (Clayren),
# of members/votes: 7 members, 33 votes

Friendly Association Against Mongolian Aggression (Sinicized Anti-Mongolism)

Leader: Princess Yao'er (QuoProQuid),
Members: Prince Ghiyasaddin II (Angstrom Gothington), Patrician Mikail (Grizzwold), Prince Mael (TinTower),
# of members/votes: 4 members, 14 votes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Prince Humbert (i81icu812), Prince Renaud (Obliterati), Princess Sirvart (Yavuz), Countess Gerberge (VACANT), Count Yves (Soup du Jour), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Prince Fredrik (Pakled), Queen Agnes (Jossar), Princely Grandmaster Gui (Luhood), Captain Iccaam (VACANT), King Iehan (Zikan), Princess Echive (TheFlyingLlama), Lord Mayor Aziz (mcclay), Prince Renaud (sheep-dodger), Prince-Marshal Humbert III (Flavius Aetass)
# of members/votes: 15 members, 57 votes

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 30, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pacho posted:

The Skinkestrids

Here you go -

You also have this character lurking about up there -

If anyone else wants to change up their dynastic shields or establish cadet branches, let me know

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 30, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: A Gilded Tomorrow/Architects of Paradise coalition

Session of the Haute Cour, 1260

: The levy, destroyed. Egypt, burns. The nobles, frolicking in Abyssinia.

: I leave stewardship over the Empire in your hands, and this is what I return to.

: I can only wait for punishment from Above, punishment for each and every one of you, as I know you deserve. Justice shall be dealt, I promise you, as soon as our Lord commands it.

: Until then, I will pray for that day to hasten, and try to quench the flames of rebellion, foolishness and treachery.

State of Affairs

King: Nicolas Carpenel
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: A Gilded Tomorrow, Faith Eternal, Friendly Association Against Mongolian Aggression, Architects of Paradise
Treasury: 8 gold, +29.04/month
Piety: 3639, +5.69/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 38%
Army: 31769 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: The Papacy, King of Novgorod
Alliances: Grandmaster of the Knights of the Thorn.
Wars: Liberation Revolt for Egypt, Sixth Crusade for Abyssinia.

Active Policies:
  • none.
Active Laws - 10/10:

World Map:

Sixth Crusade

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Prince Renaud of Faiyum. Seems like the haute cour aren't fans of face masks.

Council and Court:
Bunch of minor titles are available.

Laws:
Next law can be passed in about a year.

Technology:
No advancements are available.

Military:
Egyptian, Jerusalemite, Syrian levies are tapped out, Arab levies took a big hit too.

Factions:

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
New republic just popped in Flanders.

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

It is unfortunate that due to the short-sightedness of some of our Cour members we shall soon be losing our first republic, the Nile. It is the ancestral home of the Thermidors, as well as many other important merchant families such as the Mersirs. Losing them will be a devastation to our land. alongside them are many other great families, such as that of our current Marshall, Prince Humbert III of Sinai. They have long connected Egypt and Jerusalem together by their land bridge. To try and keep what of our realm still remains, I propose that Doge Ya'qub be switched with Prince Humbert III into the marshal position, and Prince Morydd II be made advisor in place of Prince Humbert III. Prince Humbert III will soon be gone, and filling his position with that of a powerful vassal might keep our tenuous realm connected if not for a little bit longer.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 1, 2020

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

The regency of Asyut proclaims:

Curse the coallition that send us to a hellwar on the wasteland of Yurp
Curse the traitorous Khan that forsook our friendship, the scepter and the cross
Curse the so-called Messiah in the south for daring to claim his lands as a New Jerusalem
Curse the ignorant peasants, driven to war for petty vendettas
And thrice curse the Emperor Preferant! I name you the Mustachioed Devil! For frolicking at the edge of the world while Jerusalem burns

oh yeah, politics, I present the following directive: Jens Egge-Thermidor as Trade Liaison! He'll restore the Nile Republic in no time!

edit: I'm retiring my directive

Pacho fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 1, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hello, my name is Obeko Thermidor, descendent of the Great Pilaf and the current Nile Thermidor. I may also be the last Nile Thermidor for a time, possinly forever. The Nile Thermidors will most likely flee to the Red Sea to be with our brethren there, leaving behind our ancestral home of Thermidor Hall, left to be ravaged by who knows. Losing lands to the outside due to the acts of your fellow cour members is a wretched feeling, so in my last act as a member of the Cour, I will be puahing for us to not lose our lands to unfortunate marriage choices, something which plagues many a house, I'm looking at you Galilee. I propose that we shift Controlled Realm Inheritance to Illegal within the next ten years. May we learn from our mistakes in the future, and hopefully get our soon to be lost lands back post-haste.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 1, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
whoops

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

I would like to echo the Emperor in expressing my profound disappointment with so many members of this party. Our great Empire has rotted to its core in a flash thanks to bizarre adventures to interfere in the internal disputes of the far foreign Europe. Now Egypt is set to be lost to us, and our reclamation of it will take decades at best. This will require a level of focus and commitment that have not often been this body's calling card. It will also require more than eight ducats in the treasury.

To return to a state of prosperity we sadly must part with our Steward, who has done a poor job keeping the Empire's finances under control. While Aubry is not the root cause of our financial problems, he has done little to keep Jerusalem in a prosperous state. I propose a Directive to make Princess Baydzar Rubenid Steward.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Prince Ghiyassadin II of Ascalon

Aloofness intensifies.

I apologize for my youthful brashness last session. While I still have little interest in religion and politics, it would have been inappropriate to hold an underage drinking party here in the House of Groves. However, we do need a distraction from the tragedy soon to befall Egypt. I suggest a Directive: Hold a fancy wine and cheese tasting in the House of Groves.

I definitely won't be inviting my rowdy bros from the House of Wisdom dormitories to crash it. Promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I have little to say but much to propose. For the AoP's and AGT's Forced Policy I propose:

The Hesitant Crusade

1. We shall only send troops to fight in the Crusade if the Crusade is a winnable endeavour, i.e. it has a positive warscore of at least +30% in our favor. We shall not send or have troops in the lands targeted by the Crusade if we have a powerful dangerous faction, namely a faction that is above 50% strength. Should any form of internal strife occur in our realm, such as a rebellion, while fighting the Crusade, we shall recall our troops to deal with the rebellion immediately. If we are attacked by an outside force while while fighting in the Crusade, our troops will be brought back home immediately to help defend our lands.

2. No benefactor shall be chosen for the Crusade. No lands may be given to someone of the monarchs' family as a result of the Crusade. Should we gain any lands, first claim to the lands and titles earned from the Crusade shall go to members of the Cour who practice the Jewish faith. Should none of them make a claim, the lands will be distributed via the APA. A vote shall be held to determine whether or not Abyssinia will stay under our control or be freed of their vassalage at the beginning of the next session of the Cour. Only families owning land in Abyssinia will be allowed to vote on this matter.

3. After the Crusade, no new wars shall be declared unless we control the de-jure lands of Egypt for the duration of this policy, maximum ten years. The exception to this is that we may if directed by policy declare wars for lands in de-jure Egypt.

I hope to hear from Lord Mayor Khudayar on his accepting of this matter soon.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 1, 2020