Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calhoun
Feb 8, 2004

I am the scary clown with the tearaway face

AmazonTony posted:

Doing it now!

Grabbed ZC2, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Cass posted:

Why's Cladun X2 unavailable? Please get that back and maybe Clan of Champions too and teach NIS how sexy sales can be, thank you.

Oh poo poo, I thought that I was the only goon on the planet that was remotely interested in the looks-lovely-but-fun Clan of Champions! I was mighty annoyed that it didn't have a -50% of -66% off during the Summer Steamsale.

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

Hey Tony, I ordered Final Fantasy XIV for PC Download, and I want to apply a gift card balance to it, but I can't do it from the order details? Is there a way around this without losing my discount from the gooncave promo code?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Weltnarok posted:

Hey Tony, I ordered Final Fantasy XIV for PC Download, and I want to apply a gift card balance to it, but I can't do it from the order details? Is there a way around this without losing my discount from the gooncave promo code?

? Gooncave has been dead for a while.

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

? Gooncave has been dead for a while.

e: Sorry for bugging you Tony! I called support and they credited me for the promotion, so I just ordered the game again and got to use my gift card balance. Thanks for the help anyways!

Weltnarok fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 31, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Weltnarok posted:

e: Sorry for bugging you Tony! I called support and they credited me for the promotion, so I just ordered the game again and got to use my gift card balance. Thanks for the help anyways!

Oh good! And you guys never bug me :).

I know a lot of you guys aren't huge fans of Facebook BUT, I was cracking up all morning while we came up with this and thought I'd share:

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames/app_153839431317646

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Amazon Tony get Disney to release the Lucasarts adventure collection (Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grimm Fandango etc)

it must happen

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Outlaws.
Outlaws needs to run on modern computers. So that has to go through some service like GOG, I'll wager, to spruce it up. Releasing it wouldn't be enough.

Sorry, I can't read lucasarts without thinking about that game ;)

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Tony, anyway you can convince sales on Steam keys for Lego Star Wars 3 and the Indie Lego games?

And if you can do it convince Disney to put Lego Pirates on Steam, and then put a sale on it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

glug posted:

Outlaws.
Outlaws needs to run on modern computers. So that has to go through some service like GOG, I'll wager, to spruce it up. Releasing it wouldn't be enough.

Sorry, I can't read lucasarts without thinking about that game ;)

Maybe one day the XL Engine will have full support for it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Maybe one day the XL Engine will have full support for it.

I had not heard of this.. yippy ya ya yippety yay!
Yippy ya ya yay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upUw1xjaLA8

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Hooray. Looks like digital downloads are now (legitimately) available in the UK.

Tony, I guess this is a completely different area to yours and won't necessarily see the same awesome deals? Or am I being pessimistic?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Nevett posted:

Hooray. Looks like digital downloads are now (legitimately) available in the UK.

Tony, I guess this is a completely different area to yours and won't necessarily see the same awesome deals? Or am I being pessimistic?

quote:

Amazon mentions the service will have "competitive prices", suggesting it will at least try to match Steam or Origin. Download prices seem cheaper than standard boxed PC versions - Far Cry 3 for PC is £14.99, or £9.99 to download.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-07-amazon-launches-pc-and-mac-digital-download-service

e: We need a British Tony, though.

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

PoshAlligator posted:

Tony, anyway you can convince sales on Steam keys for Lego Star Wars 3 and the Indie Lego games?

And if you can do it convince Disney to put Lego Pirates on Steam, and then put a sale on it.

Seconding all of this, but especially the Indie Lego games.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Wonder if the UK store will price match the european sites that Amazon US won't, like GMG and Gamersgate.

Tony: any possibility that you can squeeze steam keys out of the Amnesia devs and give it a sale soon? I know someone who needs 20 (two oh) copies of it before the end of the month :ninja:

Tokyo Incident fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 7, 2013

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Tony, sorry to bother you again, but any chance of Amazon matching the weeklong deal on Magrunner (33% off)? Definite buy if so.

Edit: \/ you glorious bastard, that's even better. Thanks!

Lock fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 8, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey all!

FYI Magrunner is matched, also I hope there is a British version of me starting soon too!

Deals of the Week

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $13.49

Immortal Action Pack - $21.99 includes:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Batman Arkham City GOTY

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Indie Deals of the Week

Joe Danger Bundle - $12.49
Save 50% on Joe Danger + Joe Danger 2 + 'The Making of Joe Danger' eBook

The Bridge - $5.99

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - $8.49

Blockland - $4.99

A Walk in the Dark - $3.49

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 8, 2013

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Now as a UK goon I'm not sure what I should do.

Will you both be having the sameish deals at the same times?

I... I just don't know.

I'm waiting for Amazon Toby.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wow, Blockland. I remember that game from like 10 years ago. I always wondered why Minecraft got so much popularity and Blockland didn't.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

drat, Tony! Nice bundle.

BritneysThong
Feb 15, 2012
Any chance you will get to price match Sega's sale on Aliens Colonial Marines? If not I'll probably just buy it there, but I have a gift card balance I'd rather use.

http://us.download-shop.sega.com/buy-download-pc-games/Aliens:-Colonial-Marines(TM)-3072-38.html

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BritneysThong posted:

Any chance you will get to price match Sega's sale on Aliens Colonial Marines? If not I'll probably just buy it there, but I have a gift card balance I'd rather use.

http://us.download-shop.sega.com/buy-download-pc-games/Aliens:-Colonial-Marines(TM)-3072-38.html

Don't people consider this one of the worst games put out recently? Any reason why you want to spend any money on it?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

BritneysThong posted:

I'm extremely tolerant of terrible games but this game is loving bad. BAD.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BritneysThong posted:

I have never regretted a game purchase as vehemently as I did Colonial Marines; it's utter loving poo poo no one should spend money on. It's so bad I've been meaning to e-mail Valve to remove it from my list of games, not a refund, just remove it so I don't have to see it on there.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BritneysThong posted:

Here, I'll save you five bucks. You're welcome.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I don't want to contribute to this derail, but Colonial Marines is the worst game I've ever played by a fair stretch and I would hate to see more money wasted on it.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

AmazonTony posted:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $13.49

Immortal Action Pack - $21.99 includes:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Batman Arkham City GOTY

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Back on the topic of Video Games Deals (but only tangentially), would anyone be interested in purchasing me a copy of MK:KE? I don't care if you buy it individually, or purchase the bundle and I just buy the lone steamcode off you. I can pay in paypal bux or in steam wallet, but amazon money is a digital currency I'm temporarily lacking.

BritneysThong
Feb 15, 2012
To be honest about it, I rented it on PS3 and sort of enjoyed what I played of it. Also, it's down to $5. Also there was a multi-gig patch apparently.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Sputnik posted:

Back on the topic of Video Games Deals (but only tangentially), would anyone be interested in purchasing me a copy of MK:KE? I don't care if you buy it individually, or purchase the bundle and I just buy the lone steamcode off you. I can pay in paypal bux or in steam wallet, but amazon money is a digital currency I'm temporarily lacking.

I'm phoneposting from work right now, but when I get back I can help you out. Drop a link to your Steam profile in here.

Edit: off of work and free for a few days, but on at odd hours. If you still need help though I can do it.

Lock fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 10, 2013

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BritneysThong posted:

To be honest about it, I rented it on PS3 and sort of enjoyed what I played of it. Also, it's down to $5. Also there was a multi-gig patch apparently.

I think you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Lock posted:

I'm phoneposting from work right now, but when I get back I can help you out. Drop a link to your Steam profile in here.

Edit: off of work and free for a few days, but on at odd hours. If you still need help though I can do it.

Thank you for the offer - I'd love to take you up on it! If I don't catch you in the next day, I am sorry - this weekend is hella busy for me, but my steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/ETankSkank/. and I AM interested.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Sputnik posted:

Thank you for the offer - I'd love to take you up on it! If I don't catch you in the next day, I am sorry - this weekend is hella busy for me, but my steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/ETankSkank/. and I AM interested.

No problem! Got it, and steam friend request sent. I'm on vacation so I may be hard to reach for a few days, but I DO have it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

PoshAlligator posted:

Now as a UK goon I'm not sure what I should do.

Get some principles and refuse to use the service until they pay their taxes?

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
I was just curious as to what makes the 'Please re-enter your payment information' prompt appear?

I wanted to impulse buy The Bridge, but it always deadens my impulses when I have to get up, go get my purse, and dig out my card.

I'm lazy and have a gift card balance and don't need to use the card anyway! :(

(Note: this post is half in jest but I'm seriously wondering why that happens)

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Sporkles posted:

I was just curious as to what makes the 'Please re-enter your payment information' prompt appear?

I wanted to impulse buy The Bridge, but it always deadens my impulses when I have to get up, go get my purse, and dig out my card.

I'm lazy and have a gift card balance and don't need to use the card anyway! :(

(Note: this post is half in jest but I'm seriously wondering why that happens)

Basically it is to make sure that you aren't actually your little brother going on a spending spree.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Hey Tony, if I pre-order a payday 2 steam code from amazon, will I get the pre-order items from steam?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

TheAnomaly posted:

Hey Tony, if I pre-order a payday 2 steam code from amazon, will I get the pre-order items from steam?

Dude, I'm so sorry I missed this.

That being said, the answer to your question was no.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey all,

Upcoming deals starting tomorrow:

8/15-8/16

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $10.19
Street Fighter IV - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - $7.19
Street Fighter X Tekken - $11.99
Age of Booty - $2.49

8/17-8/21

Street Fighter IV - $9.99
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - $14.99
Street Fighter X Tekken - $24.99

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
For anyone thinking about picking up Street Fighter for the PC, know that GFWL is practically dead and Capcom is releasing yet another version of Street Fighter and this time will be full on Steamworks, so if you hold out a bit more there will be a definitive version soon enough, save your money for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

AmazonTony posted:

Dude, I'm so sorry I missed this.

That being said, the answer to your question was no.

That's fine, I sent an email to Amazon and cancelled my amazon pre-order and went through steam. I know Steams pre-order bonuses are weird when it comes to codes, so I just went with safe (and glad I did). Thanks for all the hard work on deals, though, wish I could have spent some money at your store for this one.

• Locked thread