Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Is Jin canonically old enough in T7 that T8 is going to add his kid to the mix as the new plucky protagonist w/ hidden potential?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Brosnan posted:

Is Jin canonically old enough in T7 that T8 is going to add his kid to the mix as the new plucky protagonist w/ hidden potential?

He's only 21 so probably not, assuming no weird time portals or something.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Jin will never score, no matter how much Xiaoyu wants his dick

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

mango sentinel posted:

Hard to sympathize with Heihachi when he's the one responsible for raising Kazuya as a cold blooded monster.

tekken 7 retcons this so that kazyuya was literally born as the antichrist or w/e from the start and that being thrown off a cliff was somewhat in self deference, vs "he got thrown off a cliff to prove that he's super tough and he made a deal with the actual devil and/or awakened his secret anime powers as a result"

what I'm saying is that any man can only take some kid that doesn't know what he's talking about doing 112 to his dick so many times before you get fed up and toss off from then nearest oubliette

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Even Jin has turned into an rear end in a top hat now. Lars is probably about the best person from that messed up family.

He's a loving rear end in a top hat to deal with.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Lars and the Real Girl

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He's a loving rear end in a top hat to deal with.

Also Lee's who's not an rear end in a top hat so much as a really smug motherfucker.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

darealkooky posted:

tekken 7 retcons this so that kazyuya was literally born as the antichrist or w/e from the start and that being thrown off a cliff was somewhat in self deference, vs "he got thrown off a cliff to prove that he's super tough and he made a deal with the actual devil and/or awakened his secret anime powers as a result"

what I'm saying is that any man can only take some kid that doesn't know what he's talking about doing 112 to his dick so many times before you get fed up and toss off from then nearest oubliette

Which gets really confusing when you factor in Shin Akuma (yes yes, SF crossover etc). It seems like Shin Akuma should be pretty soundly in Kazuya's corner - they both want Heihachi dead for... reasons

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

kazumi asked akuma to kill both heihachi and kazuya, so he goes against them both

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

sharrrk posted:

kazumi asked akuma to kill both heihachi and kazuya, so he goes against them both

I.E The Best Mishima. :allears:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Thing is they both probably wouldn't have been so hosed up if Kazumi hadn't gone nuts in the first place, so it was a pretty self-fulfilling prophecy there.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Capcom has gradually been turning Akuma from THE ULTIMATE villain to corrupted neutral evil to slightly anti-hero lately.

In the latest SF/Darkstalkers comic book series, he's even solidly on the side of all the good guys that are fighting Jedah.
Plus he makes friends with Elena in Ultra SF4, and retconned him "murdering" Gouken so I guess they're also trying to soften up his image.

Also all of the people he actually kills are bad guys anyways. He doesn't go out of his way to murder innocent people, or kill specifically to advance his goals, or try to destroy the Earth so Akuma's sins are definitely less than the Mishimas and he shouldn't need any motivation to fight Kazuya other than:
a) Kazuya's loving up the Earth, and Akuma's being bothered by it
b) He's possibly the strongest being on Tekken Earth, and Akuma's primary motivation to face the strongest warriors and defeat them.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 4, 2018

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who did Akuma actually kill in sf cannon?

Isn’t the whole joke that he’s supposed to be all murderous intent blah blah but he hasn’t actually killed anyone.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

your mom. she dead

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chacmool posted:

your mom. she dead

Rude

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Romes128 posted:

Who did Akuma actually kill in sf cannon?

Isn’t the whole joke that he’s supposed to be all murderous intent blah blah but he hasn’t actually killed anyone.

--Goutetsu, his master (but it was mentioned to be a fair fight between honorable warriors, and Goutetsu died with a smile on his face)
--Adon's opponent in SF Alpha 2
--M. Bison in SF2 (his soul inhabited Rose until another clone body was made for him to inhabit in SF4)
--Gill, in SF3:2I (but Gill resurrected)
--Uh....He saves the world from a giant meteor in Capcom Fighting Jam but that's prob not canon.

M. Bison's death via Raging Demon was originally supposed to be his final canon death.
Then SF3 bombed for a lot of reasons, but a primary reason was because of its new cast, so for SF4 they decided to bring back all of SF2's cast due to nostalgia and so Bison's death was downgraded to temporary (Akuma destroyed his body with the Misogi, rather than killing his soul for good with the Raging Demon)

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 4, 2018

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

sharrrk posted:

And Akuma also hosed that up by waiting until everyone's revengeance boners started World War 3 to fulfill her request.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 5, 2018

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Shiki Dan posted:

Capcom has gradually been turning Akuma from THE ULTIMATE villain to corrupted neutral evil to slightly anti-hero lately.

In the latest SF/Darkstalkers comic book series, he's even solidly on the side of all the good guys that are fighting Jedah.
Plus he makes friends with Elena in Ultra SF4, and retconned him "murdering" Gouken so I guess they're also trying to soften up his image.

Also all of the people he actually kills are bad guys anyways. He doesn't go out of his way to murder innocent people, or kill specifically to advance his goals, or try to destroy the Earth so Akuma's sins are definitely less than the Mishimas and he shouldn't need any motivation to fight Kazuya other than:
a) Kazuya's loving up the Earth, and Akuma's being bothered by it
b) He's possibly the strongest being on Tekken Earth, and Akuma's primary motivation to face the strongest warriors and defeat them.

His sf5 redesign is clearly him transforming into Pon de Lion the loveable mascot of Mister Donuts Japans premier donut destination

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Akuma was nice to a baby or something once

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Thing is they both probably wouldn't have been so hosed up if Kazumi hadn't gone nuts in the first place, so it was a pretty self-fulfilling prophecy there.

It seems like Kazumi got reaaaaaal hosed up by the Devil Gene though, like... moreso than any other Mishima. She might be annoying as gently caress in-game but storywise she's probably less evil than Heihachi.

I know I'm getting pretty hung up on character motives in a fighting game, particularly considering Bob's whole involvement is "Bryan was around and he looks like a bad dude so I'm gonna fight mans" but still.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Bryan is cool but not my friend, mostly for safety reasons

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
People here might have already watched this, but Knee did a 1,2 challenge with a fan, meaning he can only use 1,2 for offense while his opponent can do whatever they want.

It's a good showcase of how important fundamentals are even if you eat a few snake edges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4GJUHEsxk&t=222s

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnksK1iMfaw

noctis in one week!

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

I just got put up against a King AI opponent who was wearing some kind of naked skin (including high heels???? the heel was a toe??????) and uh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Synonymous posted:

I just got put up against a King AI opponent who was wearing some kind of naked skin (including high heels???? the heel was a toe??????) and uh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kings 'beast' skin, and yes its some real nightmare fuel

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

man his f+2 is funny.

Noctis mostly plays like a Tekken character unlike the other guest characters so that's kinda cool. Also I like how many of his moves involve stabbing you in the face with a dagger.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 23, 2018

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

CRISPYBABY posted:

man his f+2 is funny.

Noctis mostly plays like a Tekken character unlike the other guest characters so that's kinda cool. Also I like how many of his moves involve stabbing you in the face with a dagger.

I like the contrast in victory quotes between him and literally anyone else.

Tekken Main Cast: PATHETIC/I HAVE UNLIMITED POWER/DEATH TIME FOR YOU FUCKFACE

Noctis: Hey fishing is fun, let me call friends so we can fish here

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Noctis and Kuma new BFFs??

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CRISPYBABY posted:

man his f+2 is funny.

Virgil from MvC3 lookin pretty sweet.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is waking up by holding back from a FUFT position safe or not?
I know you can punish people that hold back from a FDFT by hitting them meaty for example but I can't find a setup for when they land into a FUFT position.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I managed to find a setup to punish holding back from FUFT so it definitely looks unsafe.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 29, 2018

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I fired this up for the first time in over a month and the game is about to give me a seizure. Once the initial in-game loading screen hits the colors switch to a pink/green colors scheme and the screen begins to flash extremely fast. Anyone else have or heard of this problem?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloopsy posted:

I fired this up for the first time in over a month and the game is about to give me a seizure. Once the initial in-game loading screen hits the colors switch to a pink/green colors scheme and the screen begins to flash extremely fast. Anyone else have or heard of this problem?

Have you updated your drivers? Pink/green is usually an issue with the graphics card.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Bloopsy posted:

I had Tekken go green on me a few months ago after some Microsoft update. Switching from Full Screen to Borderless fixed it for me :shrug:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Doki Doki seizure club dlc working just as planned it seems

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Kantesu posted:

I had Tekken go green on me a few months ago after some Microsoft update. Switching from Full Screen to Borderless fixed it for me :shrug:

I tried this and it worked fine.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Borderless adds a pretty huge amount of input lag to this game and I wouldn't recommend ever using it.

A common fix for the green flash is to right click your Nvidia systray icon and open the Control Panel, go to Display > Change Resolution, and switch the color settings to the Nvidia settings as shown (ensuring 8 bpc color depth). You may not need to actually change any of the settings once you've switched from "default" to "Nvidia," but it should fix the problem anyway.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Spent ten matches in a row getting blown up by Asuka's combos that start with low hits.

I should probably learn to block low. And stop pressing buttons while she's still in a string.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 19, 2018

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

CRISPYBABY posted:

Spent ten matches in a row getting blown up by Asuka's combos that start with low hits.

I should probably learn to block low. And stop pressing buttons while she's still in a string.

Her snake edge/sweep is very seeable you just need to practice blocking and launching it and learn the strings it comes out of. For 1,4444 the string where she punches and goes low while spinng you can crouch and block/ low parry even if the first hits normal iirc. You will also be ducking so you can ws launch the high continuation if she does that (1,4,3 is the string that goes high). Dont start mashing highs because she'll crush them and get a ch launcher. If shes spamming full crouch df+2 you can hopkick her even if one hits normal. Again dont start mashing highs because that move is used to fish for counter hits a lot of the time and the ch combo is like super easy and gives her 64 damage or something off 4 hits. Thise are the main ones u need to watch out for imo. That can lead to combos newayz.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That's all super helpful stuff, thanks dude.

I'm super garbage but I gotta work more on actually responding to the other player. Pay more attention to them and have some matchup knowledge. Which sounds obvious when I say it like that, but as a baddie with a small pea brain a lot of times I get into a zone where I'm thinking so hard about what I want to do next that I get really dumb about actually acknowledging what the other guy is doing and using it to my advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

CRISPYBABY posted:

You should get used to either going for low crushes or fuzzy guard, aiming to get low parries.

I find that it becomes essential against characters like Jozie and Nina.