Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

"Driving the end of an axehandle into someone's gut after slicing their arm off in a clean swing is one thing, but -breast feeding?- That is absolutely disgusting! What would mother think of a woman exposing her ~dirty pillows~" -Def a normal person and not Mike Pence pretending to be a gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

(Mid-to-late-game spoilers)

Huh, good thing I didn't pay too much attention to the box art!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Scholtz posted:

(Mid-to-late-game spoilers)

Huh, good thing I didn't pay too much attention to the box art!

Yeah, I mean it's there in plain sight but until you play the game you don't really know what it means. Although you could maybe piece it together (no pun intended) if you read a certain note in Set's lab early on that foreshadows it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Magmarashi posted:

"Driving the end of an axehandle into someone's gut after slicing their arm off in a clean swing is one thing, but -breast feeding?- That is absolutely disgusting! What would mother think of a woman exposing her ~dirty pillows~" -Def a normal person and not Mike Pence pretending to be a gamer

something something mike pence fucks horses

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Just a heads up for anyone here I don’t know if this was mentioned before. Late into the game right where you have to find fergus’s arm there’s a game breaking bug where you have to fire the laserkraftwork in the hanger. Except, it won’t fire because your in the ship of course. Only solution I can find to fix it? Reload a save from before the party.

Which would be well and good except I decided to do enigma machine stuff afterwards and so my last save in from way, way before that effectively having me redo the entire game.

So I’m dropping the game like a hot potato because gently caress that poo poo and gently caress them for making a specific requirement like that which of course glitches out easy and they haven’t fixed since launch. So don’t let that happen to yourself. Don’t do side stuff at that part of the game or make a backup save at every level I guess.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I didnt have to fire the laser, I equipped it, then clicked the use button on the ship to charge it. Had to recharge the laser a couple times to fill the ship the whole way.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Day Man posted:

I didnt have to fire the laser, I equipped it, then clicked the use button on the ship to charge it. Had to recharge the laser a couple times to fill the ship the whole way.

There’s no way you didn’t have to fire the laser, because you have to fire the laser because 2 crates are blocking the path and it’s literally the only way to progress.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The Black Stones posted:

There’s no way you didn’t have to fire the laser, because you have to fire the laser because 2 crates are blocking the path and it’s literally the only way to progress.

Ramshackles?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

OAquinas posted:

Ramshackles?

Nope. They’ve disabled it from working on those crates. Ive tried everything. I’ve tried going to another area of ship, firing gun and coming back and trying to fire, charging it and firing. Going to another map zone and coming back. Using dual weapons and back, holding gun in left. Nothing.

I’ve watched the video on how to do it. You walk into hanger, guns will be out, you just zap it. In my game though, he holds gun as if he’s in safe zone so gun simply will not fire at all. It’s broken and they know about it but who the gently caress knows when they’ll fix it.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I'm having a very similar issue actually (late game spoilers):

Looking for Wyatt, after the party. People tell me to talk to Paris Jack. Well I find him but decide to unlock and upgrade the other contraptions first, so I do that and quit. I go to play again and it tells me because the save is from an older version of the game, I have to start the mission I'm on over. No choice so I just go through with it. Now Paris Jack is no where to be found, despite everyone telling me to talk to him. I even get the announcement from Grace about looking for him when I go back to the cabins. The Cantina is empty, Paris Jack isn't in Club Kreisau, and I don't know what to do. Thoughts?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Humerus posted:

Looking for Wyatt, after the party. People tell me to talk to Paris Jack. Well I find him but decide to unlock and upgrade the other contraptions first, so I do that and quit. I go to play again and it tells me because the save is from an older version of the game, I have to start the mission I'm on over. No choice so I just go through with it. Now Paris Jack is no where to be found, despite everyone telling me to talk to him. I even get the announcement from Grace about looking for him when I go back to the cabins. The Cantina is empty, Paris Jack isn't in Club Kreisau, and I don't know what to do. Thoughts?

From reading online, just continue the mission as if you had already talked to him and go to the shooting range and then in the vent.

Seems this part of the game is super bugged up on both Fergus and Wyatt timelines. I’ve seen no acknowledgement from devs anywhere that this will be fixed.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

The Black Stones posted:

Just a heads up for anyone here I don’t know if this was mentioned before. Late into the game right where you have to find fergus’s arm there’s a game breaking bug where you have to fire the laserkraftwork in the hanger. Except, it won’t fire because your in the ship of course. Only solution I can find to fix it? Reload a save from before the party.

Which would be well and good except I decided to do enigma machine stuff afterwards and so my last save in from way, way before that effectively having me redo the entire game.

So I’m dropping the game like a hot potato because gently caress that poo poo and gently caress them for making a specific requirement like that which of course glitches out easy and they haven’t fixed since launch. So don’t let that happen to yourself. Don’t do side stuff at that part of the game or make a backup save at every level I guess.

Humerus posted:

I ran into the exact same bug. I did the whole quest sequence and when I saw the "Exit Level" prompt, I decided to gently caress off and do some Enigma missions. Well, that completely broke the whole quest line back on Eva's Hammer.

However, there IS one way to solve it. You need to get the Constrictor Harness if you don't already have it. You need to accept the Enigma mission for K. Klinger: Manhattan, Bunker and get the Constrictor Harness from there. Next, back at Eva's Hammer, you jump up on the table next to the two crates and crouch walk towards the vent. Your Constrictor Harness will activate and pull you into the vent, bypassing the crates. You can complete the objective and end the level.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Nalin posted:

I ran into the exact same bug. I did the whole quest sequence and when I saw the "Exit Level" prompt, I decided to gently caress off and do some Enigma missions. Well, that completely broke the whole quest line back on Eva's Hammer.

However, there IS one way to solve it. You need to get the Constrictor Harness if you don't already have it. You need to accept the Enigma mission for K. Klinger: Manhattan, Bunker and get the Constrictor Harness from there. Next, back at Eva's Hammer, you jump up on the table next to the two crates and crouch walk towards the vent. Your Constrictor Harness will activate and pull you into the vent, bypassing the crates. You can complete the objective and end the level.

gently caress. I tried that but I guess I wasn’t hitting at the right angles. Tried again after you posted that trying every angle possible and it worked. Thank you so much.

Fix your loving game Machinegames, this is clearly a huge problem that lots of people are running into.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Think I'm coming up on the end. I've only been playing a couple hours a night and taking it slow.

Crew is lucky they didn't get their heads blown off when they threw BJ that surprise party

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got top score in the shooting range, 2nd place in the shoot house, talked to every NPC for the post-game missions, and did two of the contraption perk upgrades.

Then I biffed a jump and fell to my death in the main submarine hallway

lol it never auto-saves in the sub so I lost all that progress

RIP

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"Stupid way to die."

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is it just me or are the higher difficulties in the new one complete and utter trash? Trying to do a Wyatt playthrough on Terror Billy mode and the play loop seems to be “peek out of cover, notice a Nazi, if he gets one volley off you’re hosed”. I even have an auto save now where if I don’t immediately move left, a commander shoots me in the face and I die, and it has to load the section again. Is this actually meant to be fun in any way?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Is it just me or are the higher difficulties in the new one complete and utter trash? Trying to do a Wyatt playthrough on Terror Billy mode and the play loop seems to be “peek out of cover, notice a Nazi, if he gets one volley off you’re hosed”. I even have an auto save now where if I don’t immediately move left, a commander shoots me in the face and I die, and it has to load the section again. Is this actually meant to be fun in any way?

no

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Game hard. My first playthrough was on Do Or Die. That part near the end where you fight the two Super Robot Soldier guys was unbelievably hard. I did 2 hours of quick-save scumming to get through it, I think.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I ended up just doing a fake around the two guys at the end to get to the ladder, then sprinting to the end of the level at 20 health. There are a couple of incidental troops up there if the two robots are still up, but that's a problem you can solve with double full-auto shotgun fire.

I never actually destroyed any of the big robot boss-type enemies except the very first one.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I save scummed like a motherfucker, but still didn't find Death Incarnate overly terrible. Maybe more in the early game. Nazis can kill BJ quickly if flanked, but shooting basic soldiers interrupts their attacks so it's not like running outside of cover is instant death.

FWIW, on PC I found DI a smidge easier than Uber of TNO on PS4, mostly owing to the control scheme.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I had no trouble with the end boss dudes. If you go into the underground area, they lose track of you. I would just run to the other side of the arena and charge LKW them. Two hits per dude and they fall over. No, the hardest part is all the soldiers running around too. Since I was playing on Death Incarnate, that meant I had the survivability of a multiplayer Call of Duty soldier.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
loved the game alot, but why did they use that awful loving cover of that song. why didnt they just get the original?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Nalin posted:

I had no trouble with the end boss dudes. If you go into the underground area, they lose track of you. I would just run to the other side of the arena and charge LKW them. Two hits per dude and they fall over. No, the hardest part is all the soldiers running around too. Since I was playing on Death Incarnate, that meant I had the survivability of a multiplayer Call of Duty soldier.

gently caress, there's an underground area?! I thought it was just the deck and those 4 little armory towers.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nalin posted:

You were playing on a much lower difficulty then the rest of us if 2 charged shots dropped the super soldiers.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah the final boss fight was mostly me shooting the bfg at the super soldiers, ducking underground, shooting the soldiers that would come after me, then repeating

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
In TNO the LKW had an innocent looking upgrade called 'scope' which in fact caused it to instantly discharge as many shots as required to kill everything on screen (battery power allowing). It was an incredible get out of fuckery free card.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I routinely kill those huge fuckoff robot dudes with just melee attacks. It took about... 25-30 swings, but just walking around their legs and swiping at them made it so they couldn't do anything. The one on Venus is the easiest one to sneak up on and do that to, even if you'll run out of .. uhhh... coolant? Suit febreeze?

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

This game has a real thing for cutting off arms. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining it's just a weird quirk that keeps poping up.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress, there's an underground area?! I thought it was just the deck and those 4 little armory towers.

I was mad when I found it also. In the middle of those 4 towers there is a bunker thing individual soldiers can still get in but far as I could tell the giant robots cant hit you unless you stand near a exit for too long.

hip check please fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 9, 2017

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ditto, I had no idea there was an underground for that part.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yeah the final boss fight was mostly me shooting the bfg at the super soldiers, ducking underground, shooting the soldiers that would come after me, then repeating

The BFG routinely got me killed because the movement speed while holding it was so slow, the spin-up time to fire it wasn't helpful, and i didn't have anywhere near enough practice with it to know what my shots would really do, so I ended up ditching it and rolling with the LKW/assault rifle combo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Firstborn posted:

I routinely kill those huge fuckoff robot dudes with just melee attacks. It took about... 25-30 swings, but just walking around their legs and swiping at them made it so they couldn't do anything. The one on Venus is the easiest one to sneak up on and do that to, even if you'll run out of .. uhhh... coolant? Suit febreeze?

You can sneak up on Zitadelles and sabotage their ankles. Shooting the oil leak will take off about half their health.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I was chopping the gently caress out of their leg which kept exploding, but drat that's a cool detail.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Thanks to the advice earlier I finally beat the game. Overall I liked it a lot, but it definitely felt "two steps forward, one back" in a lot of ways. Pacing for sure, and difficulty curve (more like plateau). One of the hardest levels for me was the District Farmhouse, mostly because I couldn't see anyone for poo poo. The lighting engine seems...off in this game. Turning the brightness up just hurt my eyes more than anything.

As for the huge fuckoff robots, just dual assault rifles with all upgrades takes them out real quick on Bring Em On. Honestly I started on Do or Die but it was unfun, so I turned it down, but with the upgrades for the rifle and shotgun it became almost too easy. Ah well, I had a lot of fun and I'm hoping they implement some kind of new game + for playing the other timeline.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Dunno what you guys are talking about, I played it on Do or Die and it was fine and fun :shrug:

The only two parts I had any great deal of trouble on were the courthouse and final battle.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I had no idea that was the finally boss fight, so I got to the next scenes and was like "Oh. Ohhh. So that's why that last fight was so hard."

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm playing Do Or Die, and almost every big setpiece firefight I have to restart a few times. The checkpoint system also saves at weird places (like the dude said above where he's right in an Officer's face that's going to kill him) when I try to be clever and run past certain groups of notzees to get a better position.
Still, a great game, and some of the best characterization in any FPS. As chunky and good as the shooting feels, and as badass as the Mick Gordon soundtrack is to accompany it... I found myself ready to watch the next silly cutscene. A Good Game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I can't for the life of me figure out what Starcards are for or who any of the people on them are supposed to be. I get that it's just a "collect 'em all" cheevo gimmick but who the hell are any of these people?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Entropic posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what Starcards are for or who any of the people on them are supposed to be. I get that it's just a "collect 'em all" cheevo gimmick but who the hell are any of these people?

I assume they're members of the development team? But I'm not sure and, yeah, who really gives a poo poo about that beyond being completionist. At least with some collectibles, it corresponds with cool(er) stuff like 3D models you can view in-game, or skins or songs or something.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well I've got a lovely bug with the new patch. Every time I pick up a collectible my game has a 50/50 chance of crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Poked my head in to check out the unlocked vault.

Double-checked the courtroom set piece. Yeah, that front-left corner is the best place if you have to hunker down. Just remember to never not dual-wield the maschinepistoles, throw any grenades back, duck when reloading, and grab ammo from the infinite box often.