Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Unclouded posted:

New Zealander's confirmed it. First 5 mins are buddy spawns that are actually Zorua.

Problem is then Australia DIDN'T HAVE IT. Niantic at its best. Who even knows if it'll be "fixed" by the time other timezones will have it.

So in New Zealand it spawned between 6:00 pm and 6:05 pm. Nothing happened between 6:55 pm and 7:00 pm. Spoofers in Kiribati reportedly had Zorua spawns in both timeslots. Some parts of Australia got nothing, some got only the 6 pm spawns like NZ. And because Niantic, it looks like they've turned it off for all remaining time zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Yeah seems like it was spawning incorrectly; wrong CP, moves etc. So they aren’t letting it transfer into HOME nor are they even letting it evolve. Kind of a mess all the way around.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Never change, Niantic.

Gotta continue to make billions while not have anything resembling a QA staff.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The dev who didn't just copy paste the Ditto code is probably sweating hard now.
Assuming they had one.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

HootTheOwl posted:

The dev who didn't just copy paste the Ditto code is probably sweating hard now.
Assuming they had one.

Them having a developer seems like a stretch. I think it's all an AI trying to copy mobile games with actual developers.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
My wife needs friends and gifts, if any goons are looking for more friends.

9157 5855 7829

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LanceKing2200 posted:

My wife needs friends and gifts, if any goons are looking for more friends.

9157 5855 7829

Just sent her a friend request!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
They’re re doing it so I don’t think its currently available, but I spent $3 for Soulver 10 years ago and it’s easily one of the best apps I’ve ever purchased.

Now, my day is spent adding up plans and costs for customers , so having a calculator app is beyond essential. But it was a great find.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh thank gently caress, they're finally updating the sticker UI.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/sticker-feature-update-2022/

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Oh thank gently caress, they're finally updating the sticker UI.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/sticker-feature-update-2022/

Holy poo poo, finally. My kid's only played for like 6 months, but wants to hold on to at least 1 sticker of each kind, which means the sticker roll goes on forever. Can't even imagine how bad it's been for people that've played since the beginning

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
It’s hilarious to me that they prioritise the loving stickers when making QOL updates

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just me, or do none of the new hat pokemans have their attacks animated?
Because, uh, they just kinda stare there, lol.

E: The Vulpix and the Gengar are the two I am sure of

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Flyndre posted:

It’s hilarious to me that they prioritise the loving stickers when making QOL updates

Prioritize? They improved the UI for something they get direct money sales from and which was unusable as it was, and it still took them over two years. And it was just a basic filter functionality that should have been implemented like a month or two after stickers came out.

Calling it "prioritize" implies there's a urgent, priority-based system for developments, while it doesn't appear to exist any sort of plan whatsoever. For anything. It's actually fascinating to see... and incredibly frustrating to experience.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've been playing a lot of PvP in this game and I don't understand why there isn't a quick pause or something when someone switches pokemon? I can't count the number of times I've been burned because of a last second swap when I use a charge attack: sometimes I don't even see the new pokemon until I finish the QTE and see the attack go out. And when a Pokemon swaps it gets off a few quick attacks before it even appears, which can be really impactful in certain matchups! It's really annoying.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 28, 2022

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

I've been playing a lot of PvP in this game and I don't understand why there isn't a quick pause or something when someone switches pokemon? I can't count the number of times I've been burned because of a last second swap when I use a charge attack: sometimes I don't even see the new pokemon until I finish the QTE and see the attack go out. And when a Pokemon swaps it gets off a few quick attacks before it even appears, which can be really impactful in certain matchups! It's really annoying.

Because niantic made a bad game, friend

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Just me, or do none of the new hat pokemans have their attacks animated?
Because, uh, they just kinda stare there, lol.

E: The Vulpix and the Gengar are the two I am sure of

Yep can confirm Vulpix has the strongest stare in the world by knocking back pokeballs with its mind or something.

Tender Bender posted:

Sadly, working as intended. It's balanced by a cooldown on how often you can switch pokemon, but it's a feature not a bug at this point. We're just so used to versing AI PvP opponents that we're expecting it, but that's just an artificial buffer and they've actually had to re-patch it back in once.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's not particularly a good game. But you do love to get the pocket monsters :henget:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the folks at niantic are aware that the only reason they have a game making money is for the IP associated with it

If this were a new IP, this game would have fuckin’ crashed and burned a long rear end time ago

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
You mean like their Harry Potter game? That only made it a year or two right?

I hate Niantic but I'm a sucker for those pocket monsters so I guess I'll just keep giving them data and no money.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

rotinaj posted:

I wonder if the folks at niantic are aware that the only reason they have a game making money is for the IP associated with it

If this were a new IP, this game would have fuckin’ crashed and burned a long rear end time ago

How is Ingress doing?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I definitely get the feeling that Niantic are sick of this game and how much of a headache is it and are trying to kill it slowly, but without it they don't have infinite money to keep pushing the latest AR tech that no one cares about.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have way too much sunk cost here to jump ship but I’m definitely curious about what they do with the Marvel licence

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

PvP is fun at low MMR but falls apart as it gets sweatier. Just tank to where it’s fun and play for fun. The rewards are better and more consistent if you can reliably win 3-4 per set.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Dik Hz posted:

PvP is fun at low MMR but falls apart as it gets sweatier. Just tank to where it’s fun and play for fun. The rewards are better and more consistent if you can reliably win 3-4 per set.

This. I usually tank to around 1k, play up until I feel like I'm seeing the same old meta teams again and again (this is something like 1,6k), tank back, rinse and repeat. It's way more fun to be against teams that you can't guess at first glance. Anything under 1k at least used to have long queues, though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1586086918705537024

So, since they hosed up their launch, it's now, "Here's how to get it, switch turned to on"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1586086918705537024

So, since they hosed up their launch, it's now, "Here's how to get it, switch turned to on"

More like “switch turned on.”

Blackmage Yapo posted:

You mean like their Harry Potter game? That only made it a year or two right?

I hate Niantic but I'm a sucker for those pocket monsters so I guess I'll just keep giving them data and no money.

And Catan and Transformers

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Zororua will appear as your buddy so you're me and your grinding kyogre candy a big shiny kyogre just spawns on the map. Can't miss him!

fatnoodlesfarting
Dec 3, 2019
Has anyone tried the $5 Halloween special research thing? Does it boost shinies significantly for various ghost Pokemon or is it completely worthless? I have a feeling I know the answer already but figured I'd ask just in case. I really only care about shinies, xp gain as efficiently as possible or somehow getting geographically locked Pokemon. Does paid Halloween event contribute to any of these goals?

I'm a very active, daily player yet in recent months feel like I constantly miss developments and events?

2730 2733 6016 dkjzzjanet if anyone wants a new friend. From NOVA/DC

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

fatnoodlesfarting posted:

Has anyone tried the $5 Halloween special research thing? Does it boost shinies significantly for various ghost Pokemon or is it completely worthless? I have a feeling I know the answer already but figured I'd ask just in case. I really only care about shinies, xp gain as efficiently as possible or somehow getting geographically locked Pokemon. Does paid Halloween event contribute to any of these goals?

I'm a very active, daily player yet in recent months feel like I constantly miss developments and events?

Save your money. I did both special research buys and got zero shinies. I know it’s anecdotal evidence but I basically flushed that money down the crapper - nothing new, nothing that isn’t already plentiful in the wild, and no boosted shiny rates.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I want the pumpkaboo lantern pose.

I do not $5 want it, however.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

fatnoodlesfarting posted:

The $5 ticket won't impact existing shiny rates, only giving 3x candy to hatches, catches, and transfers. The Halloween questline: Here is the only way to get a spiritomb this year. (As opposed to a field research like last year. (The spiritomb isn't guaranteed to be shiny)

It's really $5 for a pose and 2 incubators.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I have enjoyed the extra candy and I also like additional tasks, so 5 dollars was worth it for me. Made a thousand gengar candy so far

fatnoodlesfarting
Dec 3, 2019
Ugh, thanks for the advice everyone.. def will not be spending the money. Aggravated they are offering so little! I do love the pumpkin lantern pose but will just hope one day it will be available for in game coins

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does your buddy have to be walking with you for Zorua to spawn? Haven't seen one yet

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

Does your buddy have to be walking with you for Zorua to spawn? Haven't seen one yet

Can confirm no. I found a Zorua as a shiny Sylveon in the wild, but my buddy wasn't walking with me.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Framboise posted:

Can confirm no. I found a Zorua as a shiny Sylveon in the wild, but my buddy wasn't walking with me.

Wow, I thought it hiding as a wild goomy was a kick in the balls

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Note that it does follow Ditto logic so if you're w/ a buddy and they find one you'll encounter one in the same spot. Went downtown w/ my partner earlier and whenever we saw one we'd be like 'yo, over there!' and it was kinda fun

also no shiny zorua or anything like that so all you really gotta care about are the IVs (literally all but one I've encountered have been 0* :shepicide:)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Duvel posted:

Wow, I thought it hiding as a wild goomy was a kick in the balls

You won't see shiny Pokemon on the field (as in, before you click on them) otherwise. It's a useful indicator that it's a Zorua!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Having a shiny venusaur, or a rhyperior, or a kyogre, or a rayquaza makes for some funny looking moments imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Going to make Zorua my buddy so I can really mess with them