Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

EmmyOk posted:

My other theory other than Smitty finding the seed is that Boxbot is a literal box that contains the seed. Fingers crossed

I am going to be very disappointed if this is not the case, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

thespaceinvader posted:

GC often faces the issue that it's a print comic being put up page by page on the internet - so chapters like this one and The Stone which are slower-paced can feel a little boring when you're waiting for the next page which isn't for three days and it's going to be another shot of Jones walking across some lava or Tony getting drunk. But they work perfectly well when you read them back.

Pretty much. Exposition always has the risk of seeming boring when you can't run through it all at once; cutting up the narrative essentially makes a non-action scene feel even slower.

I didn't mind the Tony parts honestly, but I felt like the Annie parts of the chapter needed something to punch it up a bit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not that guy! He's nothing but trouble.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh this looks like it'll be a fun light chapter. :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This'll be interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Hey Annie, you look different."

"Did you get a haircut?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Yay it's Eglamore! :neckbeard:

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Posted directly below this page, I josh you not, in my RSS Feed: Mom Keeping Tabs On Coyote Situation.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Coyote senses tingling.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Coyote. I can almost guarantee that he is going to smush fire-annie and dull-annie back together and have them resolve their differences that way! I'm sure there's no way that could go wrong!*

*This is accurate, if you share Coyote's definition of "Wrong."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Gunnerkrigg Court should have a character tagging system like some other webcomics do. Except all male characters would just be tagged "this guy".

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Aww yiss, now it's time for business. When Coyote is on screen, it's business time.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Crayola Coyote is too good to not be an av:

long version:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cat Mattress posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court should have a character tagging system like some other webcomics do. Except all male characters would just be tagged "this guy".
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1001

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

The plot thickens.

I love how even though the characters have been well developed by this point, we have no idea how this is going to play out.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

NewMars posted:

Coyote. I can almost guarantee that he is going to smush fire-annie and dull-annie back together and have them resolve their differences that way! I'm sure there's no way that could go wrong!*

*This is accurate, if you share Coyote's definition of "Wrong."

Coyote's definition of 'wrong' being, 'boring'.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court should have a character tagging system like some other webcomics do. Except all characters would just be tagged "Eglamore".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Fire Annie runs off with Coyote, flesh-and-blood Annie stays at the court, season 3 of Farscape ensues.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Meanwhile Kat gets her lazy poo poo together and makes some drat progress on the organic robot already.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think that's coyote disguised as a drawing of coyote. Don't be fooled; he's up to no good!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I'm assuming we're going from a couple hundred pages of "Anthony did nothing wrong :colbert:" to a couple hundred pages of "literally everything is coyote in disguise :colbert:" now?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I'm assuming we're going from a couple hundred pages of "Anthony did nothing wrong :colbert:" to a couple hundred pages of "literally everything is coyote in disguise :colbert:" now?

Sounds like the sort of thing Coyote would say...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Coyote did nothing wrong :colbert:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Cat Mattress posted:

He's more right than Tony is, certainly

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's going to be 200 pages of Coyote proving that Anthony did nothing wrong.

Fried Chicken posted:

He's more right than Tony is, certainly

Wow what a cool and original joke, here, let me follow up on that, have you noticed just how, heh, sinister Tony is???

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Anthony Carver is disguised as Coyote. :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

YF-23 posted:

Wow what a cool and original joke, here, let me follow up on that, have you noticed just how, heh, sinister Tony is???
Yeah he should have left it alone.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the characters are just Coyote in disguise, it is a one person play. Except Smitty and boxbot obviously

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YF-23 posted:

Armless puns are the best thing to come out all Tony related discusions.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Waiting for Coyot

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"And then I told them to wait for me at the tree ahahahahahahahah"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Armless puns are the best thing to come out all Tony related discusions.

I want to make puns too, but I'm stumped.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

I want to make puns too, but I'm stumped.

Don't worry. If you need help, someone will offer you a hand.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Waiting for Coyot

Please repeat a left handed pun instead of a new Beckett joke next time. loving idiot.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

EmmyOk posted:

Please repeat a left handed pun instead of a new Beckett joke next time. loving idiot.

How gauche

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

EmmyOk posted:

Tony really should have cut off his other hand instead, I think if he had done that he'd be alright.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Last chapter not-withstanding, Tony may have just really liked one of the ether-creatures and decided to give her his digits.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Really, Tony is a good, even if strict, father. In the end the court's blackmail with Annie was superfluous, because he already knew and instead of a handdown he gave a hand up.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hremsfeld posted:

Last chapter not-withstanding, Tony may have just really liked one of the ether-creatures and decided to give her his digits.

Nice.

YF-23 posted:

Really, Tony is a good, even if strict, father. In the end the court's blackmail with Annie was superfluous, because he already knew and instead of a handdown he gave a hand up.

Nah.

Thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey guys

anthony carver has one hand

heh