Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Conot posted:

Smitty was meant to be there but as luck would have it, he got distracted by talking to one of the Court Robo-horses. This is why he'll be the sole survivor when Coyote throws a tantrum at the Court keeping the Fire head Girl from him. Coyote does not deal well with being tricked.

e: Interestingly, in the first tableaux, the floor is covered in the crossed eyes symbols that represent Donny/Anja's anti-Renard magic. I wonder if the court has a failsafe in place incase Ysengrin or Coyote get uppity during negotiations?

I think that's the Annan Waters Bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Kikas posted:

I think that's the Annan Waters Bridge.

It seems to stretch under the slanted towers of the Court too, plus I don't think we've ever seen anything related to Jeanne/Old Court Stuff be represented by the crossed eye have we? I thought it was a "new" invention for dealing with Renard.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Art is so great

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Annie has weird slicey lines where her hair ends.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Headmaster being represented by a grey blob is so perfect

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Conot posted:

Smitty was meant to be there but as luck would have it, he got distracted by talking to one of the Court Robo-horses. This is why he'll be the sole survivor when Coyote throws a tantrum at the Court keeping the Fire head Girl from him. Coyote does not deal well with being tricked.

e: Interestingly, in the first tableaux, the floor is covered in the crossed eyes symbols that represent Donny/Anja's anti-Renard magic. I wonder if the court has a failsafe in place incase Ysengrin or Coyote get uppity during negotiations?

I think it just represents the distance between himself and Annie imposed by the court. He's reaching out over it but can't actually step on it.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Splicer posted:

Annie has weird slicey lines where her hair ends.

Yeah I liked that visual representation of Annie's "problem." Actually I like all the art so far in this chapter.

So is this stuff happening right now, or was it in the recent past?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is taking place after the previous chapter. No way a Coyote incident already happened without anyone mentioning it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Tom has gotten tired of all the pacing complaints and will be replacing the rest of the comic with brief chapter summaries illustrated in crayon.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Splicer posted:

Tom has gotten tired of all the pacing complaints and will be replacing the rest of the comic with brief chapter summaries illustrated in crayon.

This owns though and is preferred. If the rest of the comic is in Coyote POV I will have none complaints.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Paramemetic posted:

This owns though and is preferred. If the rest of the comic is in Coyote POV I will have none complaints.
Nah, the Coyote is just to ease us in. After this it's aaalllllll Boxbot.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Many masterpieces of literature are written from the perspective of the terrible. :colbert:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Many masterpieces of literature are written from the perspective of the terrible. :colbert:

Your posts are not masterpieces of literature

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

Nah, the Coyote is just to ease us in. After this it's aaalllllll Boxbot.

"Boxbot are you sre that's how it happened? You saved everyone? Ands wore a leather jacket?"

"Yes"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Your posts are not masterpieces of literature

That goes without saying.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Regy Rusty posted:

The Headmaster being represented by a grey blob is so perfect

Even the blobs look like they're slouching.

EmmyOk posted:

Art is so great

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Well that escalated quickly.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Ohhhh poo poo. This is going places.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

It wasn't a student dorm, was it? :ohdear:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh Tony, you just can't win.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I like how Tony is drawn here. His hair is the only curved bit, but everything else is straight lines.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tupperwarez posted:

I like how Tony is drawn here. His hair is the only curved bit, but everything else is straight lines.

I didn't notice this until I read your post, it's awesome. Even the curved bit is a nice clean oval.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
eep :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Even in stickman form he's suffocating Annie by being there. :mad:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I wonder how many robots died because Tony wouldn't let Annie go visit the forest :colbert:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That went well.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
And once again, The Court uses Tony for their own ends.

Also: all this time the Court's been worried about Ysengrim getting mad and wrecking the place. Whoops! Wonder if they'll try and bring Reynard into play now, just for the complete trainwreck.

Itzena fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 18, 2015

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
So, this is what Coyote promised not to do, back when the Court was founded. I wonder what the Court's reaction will be? And I love how willing they are to blame Tony for something that's really their own doing.

Is it just me, or does the symbol for the fire elemental look like a crown? It may just depict flames, but this seems pretty crown-like to me. In any event, I'm not reading anything into this unless elemental royalty gets mentioned.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 18, 2015

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

There are a number of pages where the elemental side of Annie is shown with that crown symbol over her head, starting in the same chapter (Fire Spike):
http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=820

And again in ch44, Crash Course:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1258
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1259

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

You know poo poo is going ham at the dollar store when the jokesy, trickster god is so mad he can't even draw in his native style, and is instead using angry crayon scrawlings.

I guess now we get to see if the Court has any way to deal with Coyote's anger, or they're powerless to deal with him. Ysengrin you can atleast beat back via Jimmy Jims, but a physical god who has been shown to hold much more power then he tends to display? Yikes.

The lesson here is that Coyote likes to ~Laugh~. Do not stop him from ~laugh~ing. If Coyote can't ~laugh~, no one gets to ~laugh~

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If only Tony wasn't so underhanded.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"Can Annie come out and play?"

"No, she is grounded."

"GODZILLAAAAA"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dick move by the court to pin this on anthony

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tollymain posted:

dick move by the court to pin this on anthony

They're not pinning it on Tony, This is the whole reason they brought Tony back: They wanted to tear down some of the old buildings, but they're too cheap to hire a demolition crew. So they came up with a plan to make coyote really mad so he would do it for them. Everything is going so well!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I like how the building looks like a PCI port on a computer's motherboard, atop a bunch of presumably-related wiring. No clamps to hold the RAM in though, 0110/1010.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Hremsfeld posted:

I like how the building looks like a PCI port on a computer's motherboard, atop a bunch of presumably-related wiring. No clamps to hold the RAM in though, 0110/1010.

One does wonder about the "roots" or "wiring" of the buildings. Are the buildings all part of a singular entity? Will the building regrow from the Seed Bismuth given time?

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
poo poo is hitting the fan in the cutest way possible

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Maybe they have a little model of the Court in the room where meeting happened.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Haha this is great; a wonderful way to depict what must have been quite the harrowing occurrence.

Forgall posted:

Maybe they have a little model of the Court in the room where meeting happened.

This makes sense too, imo.

Also, the court building is connected to the ground with roots like a tree would be. The way the court "grew from the seed bismuth" is probably the same way the old robots function as well as how Kat is growing her robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
An entirely reasonable response by coyote and exactly what I would have done