Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
All Unhinged lands or Guru. If you play with anything else you are scrub tier.

Also goyf dropped to around 100 bucks when MM was first printed. I know because that's when I collected my set. It shot back up a few months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

unhinged lands, outside of swamp, are trash

that's right I said it

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AgentSythe posted:

unhinged lands, outside of swamp, are trash

that's right I said it

Never has an opinion been so wrong.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Best Plains are the Urza's Saga ones, I'd own you with their magnificence but I'm on my phone. Tracking down foils from when one of them get reprinted in M11(?) might be my next bling project.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The only Basics for me:

Though I'd love full art versions of the INN/AVR lands too.

C-Euro posted:

Best Plains are the Urza's Saga ones, I'd own you with their magnificence but I'm on my phone. Tracking down foils from when one of them get reprinted in M11(?) might be my next bling project.

10th Edition.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 9, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Typo Island is best Island.

"Ilustrated" by John Avon

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cernunnos posted:

The only Basics for me:

Though I'd love full art versions of the INN/AVR lands too.

10th Edition.

Those are the Zendi lands I use for drafts (with the exception of the island which are the floating buckets :v: )

I'd love to see full art Ravnica lands. I always enjoyed the urban motif.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AlternateNu posted:

Those are the Zendi lands I use for drafts (with the exception of the island which are the floating buckets :v: )

I'd love to see full art Ravnica lands. I always enjoyed the urban motif.

All basics should just be full art.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Esper Alara lands + Dong Island for me.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
For swamps, I vary between the Chippy pseudo-Guru and this Rob Spencer one from Invasion (It was reprinted in Phyrexia v Coalition but the reprint is a little brighter, which ruins the whole "Look briefly, it's dead and grey, look closer, and you see life" thing I like about it)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Never has an opinion been so wrong.

what about being of the opinion to throw it at the 1 with Marshawn Lynch as your tailback

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Best island is Theros Pen Island.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

kizudarake posted:

Best island is Theros Pen Island.

It is the only island I use in my u-tron list. I wish I had foils of it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Kinda want to see someone in a feature match playing only these, just to see the commentators try and talk awkwardly around it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Are there any cool BUG tempo (not shardless) decklists for legacy that anyone has seen that are better than this one?

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=79361

I like it because I can build it without buying any new cards (although I would need to figure out the dark confidant split between this and my storm deck's sideboard, but that is doable).

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Sigma-X posted:

Are there any cool BUG tempo (not shardless) decklists for legacy that anyone has seen that are better than this one?

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=79361

I like it because I can build it without buying any new cards (although I would need to figure out the dark confidant split between this and my storm deck's sideboard, but that is doable).

I've placed or nearly placed 3 times in medium-to-large legacy events with that exact 75 in the last 2 months or so. It rules; play it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

quote:

Land:
4x windswept heath
4x wooded foothils
3x bloodstained mire
4x stomping ground
1x temple garden
1x sacred foundry
1x razorverge thicket
1x mountain
1x forest

CMC1:
4x lightning bolt
4x mutagenic growth
4x monastery swiftspear
4x wild nacatl
3x goblin guide
1x loam lion
1x vexing devil

CMC2:
4x lightning helix
4x boros charm
2x scavenging ooze
1x tarmogoyf

CMC3 and up:
2x loxodon smiter
3x Ghor-Clan Ravager
3x Become Immense

Sideboard:
1x engineered explosives
3x destructive revelry
2x path to exile
2x seeker of the way
3x eidolon of the great revel
1x chained to the rocks
1x aven mindcensor
1x dryad arbor
1x kitchen finks

I went 3-1 with this tonight; my loss was round 1 to junk, turns out tsaigur is A Good Card.

I'm loving this list, it's fun as hell to play. I know some people were iffy on vexing devil; so far I'd say it does work. Opening with a 4 point burn does not hurt my plan, late game it's strictly better than another guide or lion.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its a trap.
This isn't the type of deck than even wants to go "Turn 1, bolt you". If they are taking 4 off VD on turn 1, it means they don't have a removal spell for it, which means that GG would also likely be doing 4 damage, or even 6, or 8.
It also makes all of your pump spells considerably worse.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

EvilBeard posted:

Odyssey #333 hands down.

The only issue is that that land doesnt match my mountain or Island, they both have text boxes, not the giant symbol.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

eSporks posted:

Its a trap.
This isn't the type of deck than even wants to go "Turn 1, bolt you". If they are taking 4 off VD on turn 1, it means they don't have a removal spell for it, which means that GG would also likely be doing 4 damage, or even 6, or 8.
It also makes all of your pump spells considerably worse.

Here's my thing with it. Even if I do have a Bolt, why would I waste my Bolt on a creature I can just pay 4 life to kill when I could save the Bolt for Nacatl or Goblin Guide or something? Especially if I'm on the draw, I could either take 4 or fetch, probably take 2, Bolt. So at that point I've saved 1 life and used a card and my turn to do it and left myself wide open to a Goblin Guide or something.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
*puts exactly one Vexing Devil in his 60*: Vexing Devil is actually good guys. This proves it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

*puts exactly one Vexing Devil in his 60*: Vexing Devil is actually good guys. This proves it.

I wasn't trying to say that; there's a reason I'm only running one, and it's only been played in this deck four times. But, I did win all those games.

Goblin Guide probably cost me a game to Junk tonight, because he drew three lands off of it; without that, he might have been too flooded to get to rhinos and tasigur before I killed him.

d'oh nut: wins were against burn, zoo and delver in that order.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I went 3-1 with this tonight; my loss was round 1 to junk, turns out tsaigur is A Good Card.

I'm loving this list, it's fun as hell to play. I know some people were iffy on vexing devil; so far I'd say it does work. Opening with a 4 point burn does not hurt my plan, late game it's strictly better than another guide or lion.
I played against a suiZoo deck like this on Saturday, he ran a Blood Crypt and a singleton Death's Shadow because bolting yourself off fetches is a good plan when you can play a 12/12 for B.
doesn't help when the opponent untaps and Skullcracks you:getin:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I wasn't trying to say that; there's a reason I'm only running one, and it's only been played in this deck four times. But, I did win all those games.

I'm just joshing on you I don't think it actually matters in like 98% percent of matches

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

TheLawinator posted:

Yea, kinda. Those things require colored mana though which is an issue with stony silence on the table. It's just a terrible matchup from the affinity side. I love it and would play it all day.

I think I have to try to get an early win hand game 1 and then hope the 2 sideboard whip flares can get me there post sb. It's such a horrendous matchup and a slog to play through for me. Hopefully the store get more people for modern and I have to play the deck less.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AgentSythe posted:

what about being of the opinion to throw it at the 1 with Marshawn Lynch as your tailback

That was a pretty wrong opinion as well. But not as wrong as the one about lands.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The only basics you should be playing are revised. Those or foil unhinged.

Ville Valo posted:

I've placed or nearly placed 3 times in medium-to-large legacy events with that exact 75 in the last 2 months or so. It rules; play it.

Is this deck playable with 2 Bayou, 2 Sea, 2 Trop instead of the 3/3 Trop Sea Split?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
double post

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The only basics you should be playing are revised. Those or foil unhinged.

I'm surprisingly ok with this opinion as well.

mcmagic posted:

Is this deck playable with 2 Bayou, 2 Sea, 2 Trop instead of the 3/3 Trop Sea Split?

Eh, is RUG playable with Taiga? (It's not. And it never was, contrary to people who played Kird Ape so they could play Cruise.) It's probably not as bad as a Taiga in RUG but you really want to be able to Daze things and Bayou obviously doesn't do that very well.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
You want the deck to be able to run and recover off one land and you can't cast the majority of your spells on a Bayou so I would trade the Bayous into a Trop or Sea.

I haven't run a BUG deck in 4 years but the last time I ran a BUG list with Bayous it was because I was running quad Hymn and had Mental Mistep, Thoughtseize, and no delvers, and even then fetching Bayou over sea/trop felt bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

I'm surprisingly ok with this opinion as well.

Eh, is RUG playable with Taiga? (It's not. And it never was, contrary to people who played Kird Ape so they could play Cruise.) It's probably not as bad as a Taiga in RUG but you really want to be able to Daze things and Bayou obviously doesn't do that very well.

Yeah that's what I thought in a deck with 4x Daze...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

mcmagic posted:

Others have already answered, but I just wanted to be clear: no.

Bayous are for when you're running Hymns and Lilianas, and even then it's a rough call.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 10, 2015

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
Late to landchat, but I always really liked Tainted Field:

I went 2-1-1 at a 12 player Legacy tournament on Saturday, playing my Rack Pox deck. Beat a Prison Pox narrowly, bent a High Tide deck over my knee and broke its loving back, draw against Zoo (He wanted it, and would have won, so I didn't call for a judgement), and lost to Shardless Agent, the best play on his part being a first turn Pithing Needle on Lily in the second game.

Going to change it to this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-01-15-pox/

When I played Prison Pox, I found that Sinkhole did drat near nothing for me, and that the deck tended to run out of gas around turn 5 or 6. This version keeps on trucking, and I'm curious to see how much better Filth is versus Nether Spirit. Took Leyline out of my sideboard and put in Ratchet Bomb versus Deathrite, Needle, and other stuff I can't deal with normally.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

The only issue is that that land doesnt match my mountain or Island, they both have text boxes, not the giant symbol.

I have sets of basics for all occasions. I have Japanese 4th edition (beta pictures), old frame tap symbols, old frame big mana symbols, unhinged, unglued, and Euros. It's more what I'm in the mood for. In Standard/Modern I play Unhinged because they look better with mainly new frame cards, in Legacy I play either Japanese Beta or Euros.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
My lone forest in g/r tron is a ice age snow-covered because why not. I could use the beta one I have, but just not feeling it. The single mountain I run in temur ascendency is the Arabian Nights mountain though.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

My favorite land I own is my white-bordered Arabian Nights Mountain.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
vintage thunderdome feature match rd 1: http://twitch.tv/gangsines

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

mcmagic posted:

The only basics you should be playing are revised.

I run these or P3K but only because I've authorized my friends to steal my collection, sell it and give all the money to my family to hide from me when the day comes that I give into the temptation to buy Summer lands.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Is anyone here going to Eternal Extravaganza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Partial Octopus posted:

Is anyone here going to Eternal Extravaganza?

I am, not going to be playing legacy though. My buddy doesn't have a legacy deck :( I will be doing the modern event Saturday afternoon for entry fee and the big modern event Sunday.

• Locked thread