Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sheen Sheen posted:

Lmao @ the thought that the 1-4 Jets are vastly better than anybody other than, MAYBE, teams that are intentionally tanking

This is what you get when you completely ignore all context which I guess is what you need to do if you root for a garbage team that is 5-1 based on pure luck and literally nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i will decide who to draft based on the results of the bama/lsu game

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Tbh if Darnold doesn't fall under Belichick's young qb voodoo I think they have a decent shot at winning. That's a fairly high if though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think we need a full gameday bloodwork of each roster to determine if a win is fraudulent or not.

I mean if the LT has low blood sugar or a slight iron deficiency that game should probably not even count.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This is what you get when you completely ignore all context which I guess is what you need to do if you root for a garbage team that is 5-1 based on pure luck and literally nothing else.

This is rich coming from a guy who roots for a garbage team that’s 1-4 because they’re garbage (even though he insists is due to pure [bad] luck)

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The Bills fully outclassed the Titans in every measure head to head, and have a much better record, so naturally they’re a considerably worse team

This chart is all wrong. Bills should be ranked 27th. Any team that loses to us immediately gets relegated to end of the line and you can never be ranked higher than the Bills for the rest of the season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sheen Sheen posted:

This is rich coming from a guy who roots for a garbage team that’s 1-4 because they’re garbage (even though he insists is due to pure [bad] luck)

Trust me, I wish the Jets were 5-1 based on luck too. I know exactly what my team is, unlike you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Darnold played about as well near death as his career average fully alive so I’m not really sure where these fantastic jets exist outside of your fever dreams

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Darnold played about as well near death as his career average fully alive so I’m not really sure where these fantastic jets exist outside of your fever dreams

When you have a bottom 2-3 QB in the league you need to lie about other QBs to make yourself feel better about him. I get it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You should because Darnold is loving rear end as well

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Trust me, I wish the Jets were 5-1 based on luck too. I know exactly what my team is, unlike you.

No you don’t, you think the Jets are good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You should because Darnold is loving rear end as well

Is he? Is he really?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah. He’s high ceiling obviously, and a safer bet than Josh Allen, but he’s not good now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah. He’s high ceiling obviously, and a safer bet than Josh Allen, but he’s not good now.

lol fine. This is a waste of everyone's time anyway.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know we’ve got a lot of running bets, so we don’t have to wager here, but when do you think he gets his YPA over 7

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I know we’ve got a lot of running bets, so we don’t have to wager here, but when do you think he gets his YPA over 7

I'm no McMagic apologist, but as long as Gase is calling the plays, it literally doesn't matter how good Darnold is, 7 is about the ceiling.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

I'm no McMagic apologist, but as long as Gase is calling the plays, it literally doesn't matter how good Darnold is, 7 is about the ceiling.

They are just coming off a game where he avg'd 10 against a pretty good defense. You think Gase took the game off?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually, read the shirts

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

They are just coming off a game where he avg'd 10 against a pretty good defense. You think Gase took the game off?

No, I think the rare longer pass actually hit. But, Gase doesn't learn lessons. Tannehill was good rolling out and had a decently accurate long ball...but you'd see a game or two where a long pass worked, never a pattern. Didn't they have a pass go 92 yards? That tends to up ones average. Wonder what the median is.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I have to root for S DARN tonight because 1. the Bills are at least theoretically in the hunt for the #1 seed in the AFC and 2. Ozu was kind enough to publicly hitch his wagon to Josh Allen a couple weeks ago.

I hope Darnold throws 5 INTs but Brady throws 6.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

No, I think the rare longer pass actually hit. But, Gase doesn't learn lessons. Tannehill was good rolling out and had a decently accurate long ball...but you'd see a game or two where a long pass worked, never a pattern. Didn't they have a pass go 92 yards? That tends to up ones average. Wonder what the median is.

This is such a stupid argument. Long throws don't count for YPA now? You think the best QB's that have high YPA's don't throw it both deep and short? They all count.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If you just remove all the good plays you'll see he's actually quite trash.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I know exactly what my team is

mcmagic posted:

What specifically am I saying that is delusional? That the Jets could win 10 games?

mcmagic posted:

^^^

This is not the situation the Jets are in. They are much better than a 5-6 win team.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

This is such a stupid argument. Long throws don't count for YPA now? You think the best QB's that have high YPA's don't throw it both deep and short? They all count.

And you’re giving other people poo poo about ignoring context?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Oh stop it with this bullshit. Don't you have anything better to do?

TheBizzness posted:

And you’re giving other people poo poo about ignoring context?

You don't think there is any relevant context to the Jets and Bills records this season? Even though one of those teams has played a brutal schedule with an non NFL QB for 3 of those games and without their best defensive player and the other team has played a joke schedule without any major injuries? Those things don't matter?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Matt Milano didn't play yesterday and Josh Allen has an injury to his throwing hand, so I think we can all agree that only the part of the Dolphins game that should count is when Micah Hyde returned an onside kick for a touchdown.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I just checked and Darnold’s career stats so far are...nothing special? He completed 57% of his passes last year, threw 17 TDs to 15 INTs, had a passer rating of 77.6 and a QBR of 45.5, and had a record of 4-9. If you add the two games so far this season some of those go up slightly (59% completion, 20 TDs to 16 INTs, 5-10 record, passer rating up to 80). That’s all he managed with the Jets’ “vaunted” skill position players?

Those all look pretty underwhelming to me, so this idea that Darnold is some sort of stud right now seems foolish. Maybe he has great potential, but he’s not currently living up to it to the level that Jets fans seem to think he is.

That said, I don’t necessarily think he’s totally bad and that the book should be closed on him, but some of you guys could stand to pump the breaks on him a little bit and wait for him to really start tearing it up on the field outside of like 4 or 5 games over the course of 15 total so far

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Bills and Jets would be 6-0 if they had Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting QB. Darnold and Allen are both bad but at least they're entertaining.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Can't we all just get along and root against the Patriots?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

WalletBeef posted:

Can't we all just get along and root for the Patriots?

got you, buddy.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You don't think there is any relevant context to the Jets and Bills records this season? Even though one of those teams has played a brutal schedule with an non NFL QB for 3 of those games and without their best defensive player and the other team has played a joke schedule without any major injuries? Those things don't matter?

Lmao this “brutal schedule” consisted of the Buffalo Bills, a team you insist is actually terrible, the New England Patriots (who the Bills also played), the Cleveland Browns (lol) and the Philadelphia Eagles (lol)? Yeah, the Bills have had a pretty easy schedule but give me a loving break. Just remind me to remind you that the Jets’ games against the Dolphins and the Bengals “don’t count” if the Jets somehow manage to win them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sheen Sheen posted:

Lmao this “brutal schedule” consisted of the Buffalo Bills, a team you insist is actually terrible, the New England Patriots (who the Bills also played), the Cleveland Browns (lol) and the Philadelphia Eagles (lol)? Yeah, the Bills have had a pretty easy schedule but give me a loving break. Just remind me to remind you that the Jets’ games against the Dolphins and the Bengals “don’t count” if the Jets somehow manage to win them

They played the Browns, the Patriots and the Eagles with a 3rd string QB who literally had no chance to score points. I like how you ignore that. NFL teams don't win games with 3rd string QBs.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yet the bills manage to win with a sub replacement starter???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yet the bills manage to win with a sub replacement starter???

Yeah, They do. Are you trying to get me to admit that Josh Allen is a better QB than Luke Falk? I guess ya got me....

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

Oh stop it with this bullshit. Don't you have anything better to do?

I can't speak for him, but I literally don't

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Considering his accomplishments are pretty similar to Darnold’s thus far that bears ill for the Jets tbh

Qb controversy brewing???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Considering his accomplishments are pretty similar to Darnold’s thus far that bears ill for the Jets tbh

Qb controversy brewing???

LOL

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hell, if Josh Allen had New York’s skill players, his numbers would probably skyrocket

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kidding aside, John Brown is the best receiver in the division now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They played the Browns, the Patriots and the Eagles with a 3rd string QB who literally had no chance to score points. I like how you ignore that. NFL teams don't win games with 3rd string QBs.

Yeah, it sucks for the Jets that both their QBs were dead by the end of the first quarter of week 2, and Luke Falk probably isn’t winning any games with his arm alone, but the game certainly wasn’t unwinnable based on how Falk played (20/25 for 198 yards, no INTs). Maybe the Jets’ superstar RB should have earned his pay? Maybe Greggo should have come up with a contingency gameplan to replace his “let CJ Mosley do literally everything” plan after he got hurt?