Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

Hi Tony, do you know if Amazon has ever put the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Online Game Code] on sale before? I ask because this is the only way to get the DLC for Burnout Paradise because the in game DLC store is no more. If not, could you find a way to put a sale on it? Thanks, if you can or can't. :)

I can tell you that it was half off in late June/early July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Ryuga Death posted:

Hi Tony, do you know if Amazon has ever put the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Online Game Code] on sale before? I ask because this is the only way to get the DLC for Burnout Paradise because the in game DLC store is no more. If not, could you find a way to put a sale on it? Thanks, if you can or can't. :)

We'll have the base game + the DLC pack for $7.49 on Thursday but not an individual discount on the DLC by itself. Hope this answers your question :).

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

AmazonTony posted:

We'll have the base game + the DLC pack for $7.49 on Thursday but not an individual discount on the DLC by itself. Hope this answers your question :).

Hey everyone,

The End of Summer Sale just started. I'll be posting a major update tomorrow.

In the meantime here's the link to the landing page for the sale:

We've taken a lot of your feedback and updated the way this page works to be more sortable. You'll find filters by star rating, discount level, etc.

Check it out :).

http://www.amazon.com/b/?tag=somethingawfu-20&node=7266959011

Also, here's my personal favorite for the sale:

Walking Dead Pack (Game + DLC) - $9.99

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 29, 2013

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

AmazonTony posted:

Hey everyone,

We've taken a lot of your feedback and updated the way this page works to be more sortable. You'll find filters by star rating, discount level, etc.

Check it out :).

http://www.amazon.co...node

Also, here's my personal favorite for the sale:

Walking Dead Pack (Game + DLC) - $9.99

Your first link is broken Tony!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I find it really strange that of all retailers Amazon is the only major one to not have some sort of preorder deal with GTA5.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Hey-0!

Thanks for the heads up, fixed.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

I find it really strange that of all retailers Amazon is the only major one to not have some sort of preorder deal with GTA5.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask a few days ago if Amazon was going to be doing anything with GTA5 even though it might not be Tony's area at all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Also everything regarding navigation of the site.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
Is there a chance for Fable III (steam version) to get stock again while it's on sale?
It's currently only available for GFWL.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Brave New World for 15 bucks? Don't mind if I do.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Any chance of Euro Truck Simulator 2 going on sale, Tony? Was hoping to pick it up, but it doesn't appear to be on sale.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Tony,
I asked this a long time ago but never got an answer. I see that you guys are selling Bioware Points now, will those ever go on sale or is it one of the Immutable Laws of the Universe that there will never ever be a deal on Bioware DLC?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just bought a Saints Row 4 key from Amazon and it doesn't work on my EU account. Amazon sells region-locked keys now!?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Hakkesshu posted:

I just bought a Saints Row 4 key from Amazon and it doesn't work on my EU account. Amazon sells region-locked keys now!?
I'm pretty sure that's a developer call not amazon's.

I'd bet you can just use Spotflux and get it to register on steam.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Darkhold posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a developer call not amazon's.

I'd bet you can just use Spotflux and get it to register on steam.

Can that not get my account banned, though? I know you can use a VPN to unlock a game early without reproach, but registering a key?

Edit: gently caress it, any US person want to buy the key for $40?

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 29, 2013

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Hakkesshu posted:

Can that not get my account banned, though? I know you can use a VPN to unlock a game early without reproach, but registering a key?

Edit: gently caress it, any US person want to buy the key for $40?

I've registered 4 keys through VPN in the past half year because they were NA specific or blocked in Germany and haven't heard anything.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just got an email with $5 credit toward Dark Souls 2 from buying Dark Souls like a year ago. It works for about six months after the expected release date, so there's a good chance you can use it with a sale. Nice!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Is it just me trying to look at "Steam titles" under the sale hub, and when you go past page 1 it breaks? Because something is loading, I can see the page for half a second, then another element pops up and the entire page goes white and useless.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Is it just me trying to look at "Steam titles" under the sale hub, and when you go past page 1 it breaks? Because something is loading, I can see the page for half a second, then another element pops up and the entire page goes white and useless.

Nope, it's bugged.

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

Nope, it's bugged.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Any chance of this getting fixed?

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Hi Tony, any plan to run the FFXIV special again? It says unavailable when I go on the website with the provided link in the FFIXV thread :)

Noticed square enix pulled the plugged... so I guess my question would be when do you think it will be available again? :)

xenilk fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 31, 2013

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Ryuga Death posted:

if you have the steam version i can upgrade you to ultimate box for free. check your PMs.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

The ultimate box doesn't include the bonus vehicles it's retarded.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Not_Log posted:

How is it autistic?

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Not_Log posted:

oh poo poo, i just gave my code to the person too. oh well.

RedHorse500ml
Aug 11, 2007
oh man, so much for that. Thanks anyways but keep the key for another goon in need.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Tony, how much longer will the deal on Civ V Brave New World be around? Also is it possible to use multiple payment methods on Amazon? I have two mastercard gift cards each worth $10 that I'd like to use for BNW.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Wildtortilla posted:

Tony, how much longer will the deal on Civ V Brave New World be around? Also is it possible to use multiple payment methods on Amazon? I have two mastercard gift cards each worth $10 that I'd like to use for BNW.

You can't use multiple, but you can buy an amazon gift card with one of those, apply the balance to your account and use whatever payment you want for the rest of it. I'm not sure if you can use gift balances on digital stuff, though. I might be remembering wrong cuz it's early, though...

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

AmazonTony posted:

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd pick up Mass Effect 3, but the sale pricing isn't working for me :(

Don't want to be paying $29.99 when I was shown $7.49

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

illectro posted:

I thought I'd pick up Mass Effect 3, but the sale pricing isn't working for me :(

Don't want to be paying $29.99 when I was shown $7.49

Weird, I'm sorry about that. The sale ended on 9/1 so if we're still displaying that pricepoint somewhere it is erroneous.

Also, Sorry I was gone all weekend :(. Pax ate my life.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hellooooo AmazonTony. Did you have an email I can get you on? I lost PMs recently with my Auspol Toxx. Just having drama's relating to the The Bureau pre-order bonus and I think customer service and I are no longer on the same wave length.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

hambeet posted:

Hellooooo AmazonTony. Did you have an email I can get you on? I lost PMs recently with my Auspol Toxx. Just having drama's relating to the The Bureau pre-order bonus and I think customer service and I are no longer on the same wave length.

Hey man,

PM me on reddit (Tvacgamer) and we'll get you sorted.

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
Just wondering if there were any plans to match the Steam version of Far Cry 3 to the same price as the non-Steam version? I was excited when I checked to see if you price matched Steam and you actually beat it! It's my perfect price point, too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

Hey man,

PM me on reddit (Tvacgamer) and we'll get you sorted.

Done, cheers Tony.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Tony -- think there's any chance you'll have the Borderlands 2 Season Pass on sale in the near future? I figure we're seeing the base game go on sale everywhere because the ultimate edition (or whatever it's called) is out this fall. But do you think you'll have a corresponding discount on the Season Pass at some point?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

McCoy Pauley posted:

Tony -- think there's any chance you'll have the Borderlands 2 Season Pass on sale in the near future? I figure we're seeing the base game go on sale everywhere because the ultimate edition (or whatever it's called) is out this fall. But do you think you'll have a corresponding discount on the Season Pass at some point?

I'm trying for one but I don't have anything locked in yet.

Also,

I have some crazy deals starting tomorrow, check it out:

9/12-9/14 - Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack - $8.99

9/15-9/16 – Square Enix Gamer’s Bundle - $14.99

9/17-9/18 - The Hitman + Tomb Raider + Sleeping Dogs pack - $13.99

Hope you guys are psyched!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AmazonTony posted:

9/17-9/18 - The Hitman + Tomb Raider + Sleeping Dogs pack - $13.99

Hope you guys are psyched!

Already own these games but I am still beyond psyched. That is an incredible price. Good gifting price!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Tony, how long is the Battlefield 3 Premuim pack going to be $15?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

pbpancho posted:

Tony, how long is the Battlefield 3 Premuim pack going to be $15?

Today is the last day.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=EPVCzqE7szk3

Yes, this is different than the one I left in the Steam thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

AmazonTony posted:

Today is the last day.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=EPVCzqE7szk3

Yes, this is different than the one I left in the Steam thread.

Thanks for Fez!

• Locked thread