Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ArmZ posted:

cuando yo DIP tu DIP nosotros DIP

dipo, dipas, dipamos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rutibex posted:

the opposite could be true and Tesla cratering will disintegrate the whole rotten system?

I wish. The government drat well knows that letting the market crash would tank millions of peoples retirements and a new political party “più ghigliottine per te” would form.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

MysteriousStranger posted:

I get your point. The counter point I have is there are lot of people that are coming back and getting out of the forever wars. A small minority of them go bonkers and storm the US capitol, but a lot of tacticool chuds adopt tactics and mannerisms that seem cool yet they have no idea what it truly means because they didn't join up and play the games for realzies (cause they are cowards). Given the rash of right wing white christian nationalist violence I think it's worth knowing what these things are, because they have very specific meanings. The chuds run about with the "don't tread on me flag" and that's a loving Navy flag and it has a very specific meaning. Ditto flying a jolly roger like those boogaloo boys stole. Ditto canoeing someone, its a Navy thing.

When people start stealing military culture it's worth knowing just what that means because these things all have a meaning that most people just miss.

The army guy who served in Afghanistan just called it 'cleaning up'.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1364243299339558913?s=20

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so..... $25 minimum wage in 2027? hahahah

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1364232570129559554

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Friendship ended with tesla. Now Lucid Motors new beat friend.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Now that it's done reminding the Fed who runs Bartertown, Number is back up

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

can someone explain what this means?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Agrajag posted:

can someone explain what this means?

dumbasses are buying millions of dollars worth of calls that will likely expire worthless. It doesn't really matter

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

can't even watch a funny dog video. the internet blows

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Source4Leko posted:

I keep saying this to dems and they're finally just started telling me its not happening lol. Gonna be a slaughter in 2022.

wtf give me my goddamn money!!!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

"Helps teenagers find their first jobs." That line always makes my blood boil.

Can teenagers even get jobs in this labor market?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Chad Sexington posted:

Sure, so long as they have 10 years experience.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Chad Sexington posted:

this has always been the excuse for keeping min wage down - "it's just work for kids, real jobs have better wages"

one of my earliest crack-pings was when a libertarian at work went on about how grocery store workers shouldn't be in unions b/c it's just a kid's job and if the people there are older and want more money they should get better jobs and i was like "... what jobs??"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1364250720908763136?s=19

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
that digital dollar poo poo, more than anything else, feels like the last gasps of american dominance

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

easiest way to avoid this whole "illegal immigration" hoax is to make all immigration legal.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
"kids jobs" where the "kids" work more in one week than the typical white-collar e-mail sender does in a year.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

that digital dollar poo poo, more than anything else, feels like the last gasps of american dominance

like i know poo poo's got a long ways to fall but "gently caress, idk, uhm, DIGITAL DOLLAR yeah!" just pings me in a certain way that the rest hasn't

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Weird how adults work all the minimum wage teenager jobs when the teenagers are at school during the day, monday to friday every week. But those jobs are for teenagers!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/StockJabber/status/1364254379033952257?s=20

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

thalweg posted:

Weird how adults work all the minimum wage teenager jobs when the teenagers are at school during the day, monday to friday every week. But those jobs are for teenagers!

those are the same people that get the most pissed when the person serving them food or whatever is a bit slow or not great at their job too

that same guy i mentioned earlier said when he went to restaurants to eat he would put a stack of loonies on the table for the waiter's tip and take one away every time the server hosed up. i subsequently learned this is a "joke" that a lot of shitheads tell but i'm 100% convinced he did it for real.

like five years after i worked with him i was doing a bike ride for charity and i accidentally cc'd him when i sent out my "pls support me" email. instead of just ignoring it he sent back a long diatribe about how and why he doesn't support charity

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

fanfic insert posted:

the VIX going up by 10ish% every day this week is making me hoot and holler

Quick, someone buy UVXY so Number can go up to spite him.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ArmZ posted:

cuando yo DIP tu DIP nosotros DIP

si :sushiyes:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Quick, someone buy UVXY so Number can go up to spite him.

the vix is still in contango, not even close to it being fun yet

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

inshallah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I will not read or subscribe to your substack

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

What does that even mean in an age where almost all transactions already take place digitally with numbers being moved between accounts rather than physical bills changing hands.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Joey Steel posted:

The army guy who served in Afghanistan just called it 'cleaning up'.

It's not cleaning up. It's desecrating a corpse because the actual results are pretty horrific. It removes any chance that anyone is going to get to see the corpse. It was quasi reserved for when someone did something really bad and you wanted a point about it. IE, nobody is going to abloo abloo about doing it to Bin Laden, you're dead and gently caress you to. But what ended up happening is DEVGRU started doing it to everyone and it sort of spun out of control from there. You also aren't supposed to off downed enemies unless it really was a targeted killing (most things are not, they are just kinetic, you don't shoot downed people).

So just like beards, glocks, and 5.11 pants it spun through the entire military to the point where it wasn't specops NCOs doing it but your average Army private was doing it and now it came back to the US. Now you have chuckle fucks doing it in mass shootings. Just like that silly "don't tread on me", that's the Navy jack. The oldest ship flies that flag and Navy staff assigned to the Marines or pulling other grunt type duty get to wear it. Ditto the Jolly Roger, you fly that when you complete a mission or get a kill and Navy grunts can wear the patch as well, which sort of morphed into the Punisher (it's still a skull!) and now cops loving use it. Even though the specific meaning of those skulls is "no mercy no quarter", ie you are there to kill and if you are flying it or wearing it you or your unit has done it.

Which is why I still LOLOLOL when ever I see some overweight mid 50's fat gently caress with a don't tread on me patch and a skull patch on their tacticool poo poo.

For further LOLs look what showed up in my email this morning as part of the Alumni of the Great Satan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
beautiful, yet deadly... contango. the most dangerous dance. one false step and you may just meet your fate

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All troops suck. Shut up about your beloved war crimes and how people steal Valor. Nobody cares

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I started going down this rabbit hole and...

Pope John Paul I was trying to get the Vatican's finances audited - part of the issue was them being a big shareholder in Banco Ambrosiano, who was being helmed at the time by Roberto "God's Banker" Calvi, who was a member of Propaganda Due, both a Masonic lodge and the Italian arm of Operation Gladio.

Shortly after having ordered an investigation, John Paul I died under suspicious circumstances, after only having just served 33 days as Pope.

anything related to the p2 masonic lodge is a deep, deep rabbit hole

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mr Hootington posted:

All troops suck. Shut up about your beloved war crimes and how people steal Valor. Nobody cares

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

It's not real canoeing unless it's from the canoe region of Iraq. Otherwise it's just sparkling war crime

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

punished milkman posted:

beautiful, yet deadly... contango. the most dangerous dance. one false step and you may just meet your fate

VIX will achieve Super Machaca by Friday or my treble leveraged puts will have to be diverted to the auxiliary warp core.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

wtf is this 'digital dollar' poo poo, that sounds like... now?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i mean, what even is a war crime?

almost there
Sep 13, 2016

thalweg posted:

It's not real canoeing unless it's from the canoe region of Iraq. Otherwise it's just sparkling war crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
war is a crime