Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

We’re fine with matching that, 5 coins for Cyfoeth to pass.

House Cyfoeth isn't particularly intent on passing for this round.

Can we possibly up the offer for House Lethe to pass to 8 coins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Edit: This deal was still being formulated and wasn't approved and I jumped the gun. Apologiess

eliasswift fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 26, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth isn't particularly intent on passing for this round.

Can we possibly up the offer for House Lethe to pass to 8 coins?

We aren't really interested in passing right now either.

Sitting Councilmember

House Daucus, what if we pay you 6 coins in exchange for you putting at least 3 power on Nay?

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 27, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
If House Lethe isn't interested in the deal, then next on the list: House Daucus, how do you feel about 5 coins to pass?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

While we slightly lean towards not letting the book into our chambers, lol literacy is for petite bourgeoisie, we are open to bribes

Bribe me

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Slaan posted:

While we slightly lean towards not letting the book into our chambers, lol literacy is for petite bourgeoisie, we are open to bribes

Bribe me

Okay, we pay you 3 coins in exchange for you putting at least 1 power on Nay?

deal retracted for now

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 27, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

We aren't really interested in passing right now either.

Sitting Councilmember

House Daucus, what if we pay you 6 coins in exchange for you putting at least 3 power on Nay?

Treasurer

We accept on one condition: that House Lethe agrees to help us gain signing rights for the next card in this storyline.
(We're still tracking story cards, so we'll bring up when we're calling in our part of the deal.)

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
House Cyfoeth
Sitting Councilmember Mobileposting

House Cyfoeth doesn't particularly care which direction the council votes, but seeing as at least two houses seem interested in having Nay succeed then we find ourselves interested in voting in kind.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Treasurer

We accept on one condition: that House Lethe agrees to help us gain signing rights for the next card in this storyline.
(We're still tracking story cards, so we'll bring up when we're calling in our part of the deal.)

I'm not sure we can agree to that, sorry.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

If House Lethe isn't interested in the deal, then next on the list: House Daucus, how do you feel about 5 coins to pass?

Deal.

Also, to House Lethe: we apologize. Hopefully things can work out better in the future.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 27, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Deal.

Also, to House Lethe: we apologize. Hopefully things can work out better in the future.

A pleasure doing business, for the sake of formatting and easy reference-
House Cyfoeth will pay House Daucus 5 coins for House Daucus to pass.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Okay, we pay you 3 coins in exchange for you putting at least 1 power on Nay?

deal retracted for now

Retracted? Oh dear we would have taken it

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

scavy131 posted:

A pleasure doing business, for the sake of formatting and easy reference-
House Cyfoeth will pay House Daucus 5 coins for House Daucus to pass.
Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of King Harald VII, Dilemma 3, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 2 Power (current: 10).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 12).

Gains 2 Power (current: 4).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 15).

Votes Nay
Spends 16 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins minus 5 from Agreement (current: 12).

Gains 2 Power (current: 15).
Gains 1 Coins gains 5 from Agreement (current: 21).

Gains 2 Power (current: 17).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 12).

House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 20

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 7 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: -

No changes.

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Inadequately (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: TravelLogHigh Scholar/Sitting Councilmember (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

EVENT - The Labyrinth posted:

:siren::siren::siren:
We are lost in the Labyrinth! This vote will be different (and we are doing things slightly differently than in bg):
  • Voting cycle is 24h instead of 48h.
  • Each House has 1 vote each voting cycle.
  • Majority wins.
:siren::siren::siren:

Appropriate vibes for something this psychedelic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1PGI9vNew

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The Facebook trapped us in a Tvtropes walk :v:

I think we should see what's behind door 6.
Reasoning: same studded pattern as the door on the story card.
EDIT: although the door had a flame on it and the bracer is pointing towards door #9. Where's Monty to open a wrong door when you need him?

To be fair it's early on in this wiki dive so we should have time to recover.

(Note to House Lethe: as you guys are going to sign I think it's you guys who'll go mad if we gently caress this up.)

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Foreman

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, assuming Pass and gather power is still an option that's probably what we'll be doing, seeing as how there's quite a lot of it up for grabs. That said, we agree with the reasoning for Door #6, and if passing isn't an option we'll bet 1 power on that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I told you. I told you about the literacy bro!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Inadequately posted:

Foreman

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, assuming Pass and gather power is still an option that's probably what we'll be doing, seeing as how there's quite a lot of it up for grabs. That said, we agree with the reasoning for Door #6, and if passing isn't an option we'll bet 1 power on that.

Nope, this isn't a standard voting phase, no gathering power (or moderator)

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Foreman

Well then, door #6 it is then.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Nope, this isn't a standard voting phase, no gathering power (or moderator)

This is correct!

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
This is weird and wonderful. I feel like we were probably going into the maze regardless of what we chose last time, though. You don't create a gimmick like this then make it skippable (unless Aye would have been a different maze altogether, or something?)

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Omobono posted:

I think we should see what's behind door 6.
Reasoning: same studded pattern as the door on the story card.
EDIT: although the door had a flame on it and the bracer is pointing towards door #9. Where's Monty to open a wrong door when you need him?

I think it's door number 6 too. "Sane Minds look for consistency." The only thing different about the door on the right is the symbol. Shape, studs, stud position, etc. I think I wouldn't read too much into anything else for the sake of this puzzle.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

C... posted:

This is weird and wonderful. I feel like we were probably going into the maze regardless of what we chose last time, though. You don't create a gimmick like this then make it skippable (unless Aye would have been a different maze altogether, or something?)

Seems like there were probably three cards that were in the maze no matter what, and then three that depend on the AYE/NAY choice.

But yeah we were coming in regardless.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
I in no way regret House Cyfoeth's vote in this matter, although I gotta hand it to House Lethe holding the moderator token when we went into this mindmaze means they get to sign whatever we get coming out the backside.

I also agree that door 6 seems like the most reasonable option at this time.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

....nice?

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just to be clear and in case there was any doubt, you are free to discuss your ideas in the thread if you want to - this is not a secret vote! :)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I think it's more of a 'bewildering' vote.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

For the moment, House Gambol favours door #6 based on the discussion we've already had in the thread. If anyone wants to make a case for #9 speak up.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Omobono posted:

For the moment, House Gambol favours door #6 based on the discussion we've already had in the thread. If anyone wants to make a case for #9 speak up.

It looks like 6 if you're dyslexic.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, this thread is on page 96, and we have a choice between door 6, door 9, and door 69.

We could choose the funny number. :v:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Well... that was unexpected.

House Cyfoeth: I suddenly have a very bad feeling about this. I think I better put all my power into Noping this.

Book of Choices: DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THAT EASY!?

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 28, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

cokerpilot posted:

Well... that was unexpected.

House Cyfoeth: I suddenly have a very bad feeling about this. I think I better put all my power into Noping this.

Book of Choices: DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THAT EASY!?
Yeah that was a bit of a dick move but hey, it's Facebook afterall.

Reign of King Harald VII, The Labyrinth - Door 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Door 6!

Votes Door 6!

Votes Door 6!

Votes Door 6!

Votes Door 6!

Door 6 wins!

Vote Outcome posted:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

The Labyrinth posted:

We are lost in the Labyrinth! This vote will be different (and we are doing things slightly differently than in bg):
  • Voting cycle is 24h instead of 48h.
  • Each House has 1 vote each voting cycle.
  • Majority wins.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 28, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Previously, on Facebook Z:

Current:

I think the symbol on the door might indicate the item in the next room. Door 6 symbol might match the two rocks on a table.

As for the next door, uhhh.

Skull door (#4) has somewhat matching hinges with door #6 and #start, and the same handle. Maybe try that one?
E: also we know where a brazier is and it's in room #1, probably not #8.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 28, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Double posting for SCIENCE.

In retrospect we started with a door with a brazier symbol and the first room had a brazier; if I were to describe the symbol on door #6 it'd be "shield" more than two rocks. The special card mentions "weird objects" and "perplexing symbols".

If the other features of the door are NOT white noise, door #4 is the one matching the most the previous ones. We might still be on the sane path, perspective yet unclear.

If the other features ARE white noise, then only the symbols matter and room #4 should have a skull in it, because we've seen a brazier in room #1. Corollary: if this hypothesis is correct we're currently on the madness path right now because door #6 was the wrong one.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

The book said that consistency was the key. I think if we were to go the same direction again, we might find a clue about what the pattern is. Chances are, even if we're not going the right way, we should be able to get back on the correct path again.

That's why, for the sake of experimentation, I'd like to go with Door #8.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Do we believe the doors will loop around at any point, and take us back to previously entered rooms? It seems more likely than not, if there are so many cards and so few true exits.
Perhaps we should be drawing a map.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

C... posted:

Perhaps we should be drawing a map.

That's what the "Previously, on Facebook Z" segment is for.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I say go to the Skull Door because the handle is the same as the previous two doors

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Definitely a tough one, if we want to test symbols va the previous room then I'd agree with 8. 4 has more similarities in the nature of the door itself but we're going to have to pick eventually what we think the similarities criteria are, now's as good a time as any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Omobono posted:

That's what the "Previously, on Facebook Z" segment is for.

That is super useful for similarities and differences, but will become challenging should navigation about the labyrinth become necessary. Here, I scrawled this in eyeliner on my cloak:

The info cards have revealed that we'll be able to see an exit, hesitate, and 'go back' to choose another exit. Having known routes will let us do things like "oh, this isn't the door we want; go 2, 11, 13, then open door 5" or what have you.

E: TIG, when we opened envelope 21, it contained the standard four cards, hey? My 'deck' image presumes so, meaning there are are [(3+4)*2] 14 rooms in this labyrinth.