Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/1031089178023477248?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haschel Cedricson posted:

My favorite idakoos shirt was the one that said "Calvinist... BY CHOICE!"

That's incredible

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

amazing snipe

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Furbs got takeout from Doobie's I see.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Schengen was in 1993. Something's fishy with some of these pixels...:crossarms:

e: wait no 1995, checks out

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1031586191626461185?s=21

I believe in Florida you aren’t actually required to take any schooling to sign up for the Bar exam.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

:hmbol:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSKTndbwVo

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Mods??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh, sorry. It's very funny on it's face, but what makes it hilarious was that Sherlock wasn't supposed to be a comedy. It was supposed to be a serious scene in a serious show

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

chitoryu12 posted:

I believe in Florida you aren’t actually required to take any schooling to sign up for the Bar exam.

"The Florida Board of Bar Examiners does not state requirements for undergraduate education in its bar admission rules, but it does state that you must graduate from an American Bar Association-accredited law school prior to taking the state’s bar exam. In order to gain entrance to an ABA-approved law school, you must complete your undergraduate education and receive a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, under ABA rules. "

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

loving hell thats good.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Isn't that the point of exams? After all, a lot of the time you can complete a course by taking the exam and not studying at all.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
lol if you don't think any mouth breather can become an *insert profession here* by getting a trash degree from a trash place. just LOL

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Historically (and today in some places) one could qualify as a lawyer by "reading law". Abraham Lincoln never went to university and was never articled to a firm. Instead, he got copies of the leading legal texts of his day, studied them, took the bar exam and became a lawyer that way.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

It's like vintage YTP in image form

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

chitoryu12 posted:

How to Be a Lawyer Without Going to Law School:

quote:

Today, only four states — California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge. (New York, Maine and Wyoming offer an apprenticeship alternative as well, but also require some law school.)

The downside of this is that you can't practice in any other state without going to law school.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Wheat Loaf posted:

Historically (and today in some places) one could qualify as a lawyer by "reading law". Abraham Lincoln never went to university and was never articled to a firm. Instead, he got copies of the leading legal texts of his day, studied them, took the bar exam and became a lawyer that way.
Terrible. If there's one thing society needs, it's more gatekeeping by expensive institutions.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Strudel Man posted:

Terrible. If there's one thing society needs, it's more gatekeeping by expensive institutions.

The obvious solution is to make college free, but only for DeVry.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Comptroll The Forums posted:

The obvious solution is to make college free, but only for DeVryTrump University.
FTFY

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Give it another 6 years and they will all be DeVos University

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

e: fixed

root beer has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Aug 21, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/qzGvkFF.mp4

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

HOH

SIS

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

*slap*
I can't believe you've done this

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:same:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There needs to be a 2018 Idakoos thread. I remember crying laughing at the last one.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Are we done here, chief? The stock exchange is opening in Tokyo in 15 minutes, and I need to make a few calls before I head off to bed to make sure I can capitalize on the falling Yen this quarter. Midge? Have my portfolio waiting in my crib in 10, and see if you can get the nurses to use one of those bulbs to suck the mucous out of my nose, please.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Are we done here, chief? The stock exchange is opening in Tokyo in 15 minutes, and I need to make a few calls before I head off to bed to make sure I can capitalize on the falling Yen this quarter. Midge? Have my portfolio waiting in my crib in 10, and see if you can get the nurses to use one of those bulbs to suck the mucous out of my nose, please.

You have invented the Boss Baby. Congrats.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

You ask me how I am, Doctor? I have seen horrors you cannot even imagine, having been untimely ripped from the soft, dark warmth that had been my home. You have plunged me into this freezing hellscape of light and noise, and ask me how I am? Doctor, I do not even have the words to describe my current state of being, but I will tell you this. I shall avenge myself upon you, and you will rue the day when I come for you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

I haven't even tried to make anything yet, and I'm already amused.

Edit: Hey, I still have my submissions from the original thread in my imgur account.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.idakoos.com/im-magician-not-magician+tshirt,576027

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Am I the only one reading these all as McCoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rollersnake posted:

I haven't even tried to make anything yet, and I'm already amused.

Edit: Hey, I still have my submissions from the original thread in my imgur account.

Good old fansatsy...