Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i hear that some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

maybe it’s just me but i find a lot of political music cringe as hell.

like just imagining the cringiest something awful politics poster blasting a macklemore song in their car and rapping along with the lyrics to passers by

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Eeyo posted:

like just imagining the cringiest something awful politics poster blasting a macklemore song in their car and rapping along with the lyrics to passers by
PARADOL EX GON GIVE IT TO YA

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

qirex posted:

tech bubble content, EA is adding more ads to $70 video games

press ‘f’ to drink a pepsi®

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

tech bubble content, EA is adding more ads to $70 video games

this time it will work. because of AI

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

should have thought about that before you went off half-cocked

these are getting tough to think of, I either need a primer on gun terms or i'm gonna have to bolt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

these are getting tough to think of, I either need a primer on gun terms or i'm gonna have to bolt

I knew you’d turn out to be a leaver all along

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

"shot" the gently caress up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

donald trump played "fortunate son" at events because it has that line about the flag even though the whole point of the song is calling out people exactly like donald trump for weaseling out of the draft because their families are rich

just playing a 7.3 second loop of BORN IN THE USA, I WAS for the entire runtime of the tv spot

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

qirex posted:

getting people to pay for stuff and putting ads in it is like the greatest trick of all time and i hate it

i dont think u have to trick gamers, they will buy any ole slop full of ads and microtransactions

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

I knew you’d turn out to be a leaver all along

you should muzzle yourself before you say more stupid poo poo

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

haveblue posted:

the AI concierges fall in love with each other and never bother to report back to the users

the ai concierges fall in love and need to convince their comically mismatched human counterparts to date in order to keep seeing each other

classic shakespearian farce setup

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Internet Janitor posted:

the ai concierges fall in love and need to convince their comically mismatched human counterparts to date in order to keep seeing each other

drat, he's right

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

the secret to internet dating as a straight dude is to just not be a complete cretin and you've already got a leg up on 95% of your competition

the secret to internet dating as a straight dude is to just be 6 feet tall.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LanceHunter posted:

The fact that so many RATM fans turned into turbo-chuds is probably more of an indictment of their ability to communicate their message than they would like to admit.

my crack ping moment was during the blm protests when those two counter protesters wore thin blue line flags as capes while dancing to 'killing in the name of'

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

post hole digger posted:

the secret to internet dating as a straight dude is to just be 6 feet tall.

doesn't work. i was always able to find dates before heading online

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

turns out, in shocker, that the "large action model" in the rabbit r1 was just a man behind a curtain
https://twitter.com/xyz3va/status/1787964478878777760

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

browser automation is a very handy thing to know how to use

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Internet Janitor posted:

drat this sounds a lot like the twin flames universe cult

for those not in the know: a guru and guruess formed a little new religious group where the primary teaching is that each person has a true soulmate out in the world (the “twin flame”) that they are fated to be with. the two gurus of course are each other’s twin flame.

so they sold classes to vulnerable people promising to teach them how to get their twin flame. of course it turned in to them just saying “yes this person you are obsessed with is your twin flame do not take no for an answer”, culminating in straight up stalking.

then they started match-making because that only worked for so long, but their marks were primarily women. so they paired the marks up promising actually this time it’s your real twin flame. and then they badger one of the pair to become “masculine”, take a male name and become the man of the relationship.

some sick cult poo poo to keep the marks paying for classes

so probably what the ai will end up doing, encouraging stalking and other bad poo poo

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

LanceHunter posted:

The fact that so many RATM fans turned into turbo-chuds is probably more of an indictment of their ability to communicate their message than they would like to admit.

Not liking the KKK is a pretty low bar to clear too.

But Paul Ryan totally knows what's up. Lifting weights to RATM like:
one, im the machine,
two, someone better stop me.
three, can't stop me
four, loving unstoppable.
five. can't stop the machine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

same except tom morello telling professed fan paul ryan "you are the machine"

same except tom morello selling NFT's

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Eeyo posted:

<pulling up to a corolla playing a rap song with "maybe we shouldn't turn palestine into a parking lot" lyrics>

"oof, cringe." *rolls up windows*

"and now here's wait wait don-"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
who is wait wait don

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

somehow still not as cringe as ur posts

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beeftweeter posted:

who is wait wait don

't tell me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the joke is that the driver listens to NPR

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Google cloud deleted the cloud infrastructure for an entire australian pension fund lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

the joke is that the driver listens to NPR
a grim joke, indeed

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

sleep with the vicious posted:

Google cloud deleted the cloud infrastructure for an entire australian pension fund lmao

put your data in the cloud so the experts can manage it for you and keep it all safer than you ever could

also they're experts so you don't need to know what you're doing

oops now you have to hire a bunch of cloud certified IT staff and also the provider deleted your mission critical systems or data or leaked your emails to foreign countries or maybe you did because you misconfigured something you absolute idiot this is all your fault

:allears:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

this is salacious i only listen to marketplace, with kai ryssdal

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i loving hate the cloud.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cold on a Cob posted:

put your data in the cloud so the experts can manage it for you and keep it all safer than you ever could

oops now you have to hire a bunch of cloud certified IT staff and also the provider deleted your mission critical systems or data or leaked your emails to foreign countries or maybe you did because you misconfigured something you absolute idiot this is all your fault

i mean this applies to computers in general

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

also that'll be 500 kilobucks for this month's service. want your data back? lmao pay us a quarter megabuck for all those connections.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Midjack posted:

also that'll be 500 kilobucks for this month's service. want your data back? lmao pay us a quarter megabuck for all those connections.

lol a quarter megabuck is like "maybe we'll have some intern look for it, if someone remembers to ask"

megabucks is "ah here we found a partial 7 year old backup, sorry it's so corrupt but that's your fault"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
so uh is there a writeup of this somewhere

is this a fuckup or is google trying to argue they deserved it somehow

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

haveblue posted:

so uh is there a writeup of this somewhere

is this a fuckup or is google trying to argue they deserved it somehow

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/article/2024/may/09/unisuper-google-cloud-issue-account-access

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

lmao, don’t buy ASUS poo poo I guess, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pMrssIrKcY

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.unisuper.com.au/about-us/media-centre/2024/a-joint-statement-from-unisuper-and-google-cloud posted:

UniSuper and Google Cloud understand the disruption to services experienced by members has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. We extend our sincere apologies to all members.

While supporting UniSuper to bring its systems back online, Google Cloud has been conducting a root cause analysis.

Google Cloud CEO, Thomas Kurian has confirmed that the disruption arose from an unprecedented sequence of events whereby an inadvertent misconfiguration during provisioning of UniSuper’s Private Cloud services ultimately resulted in the deletion of UniSuper’s Private Cloud subscription.

This is an isolated, ‘one-of-a-kind occurrence’ that has never before occurred with any of Google Cloud’s clients globally. This should not have happened. Google Cloud has identified the events that led to this disruption and taken measures to ensure this does not happen again.

this is a suspiciously passive voice statement

a cloud-involved deletion occurred

i'm convinced the GCP UI/UX is so terrible that this australian pension fund inadvertently deleted their own data. and all possible clarifications or explanations are too embarrassing so google is just gonna lay low for a while and not comment to any of the news outlets covering this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i hear that some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses :ssh:

this line has always been cheugy as h*ck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1788531368701346100

google confirmed to a random newsletter author that a joint statement occurred. not sure they've confirmed anything else except the jointness of the statement lol