Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Our house
In the middle of our street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That loving rules but also I wonder if it stinks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good to have an escape hatch.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Good to have an Ninja Turtle visitation hatch.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Good to have an escape hatch.

You never know when Inspector Javert is going to show up.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://www.zillow.com/homes/1410-Andean-Ln-Powhatan,-VA,-23139_rb/108019502_zpid/

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

This whole thing is the most soulless thing I've seen in a good long while.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I don’t know, we can tell a lot about the previous owners. For example, they love fish tanks and having one TV inexplicably mounted above another, and hate functional counter space.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Blue Moonlight posted:

I don’t know, we can tell a lot about the previous owners. For example, they love fish tanks and having one TV inexplicably mounted above another, and hate functional counter space.

Also passionate about cleaning leaves out of pool

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Man why is the geometry of the roof like that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

aphid_licker posted:

The floorplan is laid out on a computer and the roof is programmatically created to encapsulate it.

Normally, an architect would rework the interior to allow a sensible roof. Not so here.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

As with most of these mcmansions, they are using a roof builder plugin. I'm not kidding.

It's what also leads to funky boxed out sections in the drywall where nobody bothered to notice that three things can't fit into the same space until they tried to build the place.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the shape of the pool is pretty funny

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
What, you've never swam in a dick shaped pool?
Diving board is in a good spot too.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The roof might also be intentionally like that. It's the same reasons McMansions have a million juts, protrusions, turrets and walls that inexplicably step in and out a dozen times. A long walk looks very barren and plain if it's straight and flat. Even decorative windows don't do much to break it out. Now the same can be said of roofs. A single long uniform run can look similar.

It's quite possible it was auto generated, but I'm guessing that the architect added all that poo poo because they wanted it to look more interesting and architects don't have to build those abominations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe it’s like the window tax where rich bastards would use a bunch of tiny windows to flaunt their wealth.

Their ability to maintain that roof advertises fitness to potential mates.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

every time i drive by a mcmansion that has been plopped down next to a bunch of modest older houses, i think to myself HELL YEAH, TRIANGLES

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

What, you've never swam in a dick shaped pool?
Diving board is in a good spot too.

The Prince Alboard

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Or a handheld beaver

get out of here mr trump, your presidency is over

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Zamujasa posted:

That reminds me of this local gem:

The more I look at this the worse it is.

thisbuildingdoesnotexist.gif

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Blistex posted:

The roof might also be intentionally like that. It's the same reasons McMansions have a million juts, protrusions, turrets and walls that inexplicably step in and out a dozen times. A long walk looks very barren and plain if it's straight and flat. Even decorative windows don't do much to break it out. Now the same can be said of roofs. A single long uniform run can look similar.

It's quite possible it was auto generated, but I'm guessing that the architect added all that poo poo because they wanted it to look more interesting and architects don't have to build those abominations.

Whoever did that was cheated on by a roofer once

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

As a property adjuster that has to sketch those monstrosities whenever they get damaged: here’s to hoping that every wanna-be home designer that believes novelty is simply impossible without acid-fueled fractal roof designs gets fired into the sun.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Whenever I do a roof it usually works out to ~$1000 a day. Those kinds of roofs . . . I'd charge double for cutting alone.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

There's a bedroom downstairs with 2 bathtubs and it's not even the master, whaaaaaaat the

EDIT: 3 swinger couples lived there, I'm sure of it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Metaline posted:

EDIT: 3 swinger couples lived there, I'm sure of it.

Each has their own fish tank.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Douglas Adams posted:

Where it got really odd was the roof.

It folded back on itself like something that M. C. Escher, had he been given to hard nights on the town, which it is no part of this narrative’s purpose to suggest was the case, though it is sometimes hard, looking at his pictures, particularly the one with all the awkward steps, not to wonder, might have dreamed up after having been on one, for the little chandeliers which should have been hanging inside were on the outside pointing up.

Confusing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kid sinister posted:

Our house
In the middle of our street

Sanitary sewer? If so, ffffuuuuuuuuuuck

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Surely an unsanitary one would be worse

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
On-topic:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/21131-San-Pablo-Dr-Land-O-Lakes-FL-34637/99869472_zpid/

:nws: for photo #6

In case it gets taken down and u still want to see old benus - https://i.imgur.com/WCrXMO8.jpg

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Like to imagine it wasn't the owner taking the photos and is a professional photographer

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

To be fair, they are very direct in their messaging:

quote:

Caliente is a clothing optional community in Land O Lakes, FL.

Brings to mind mysterious warnings from my high school Spanish teacher about referring to things as caliente.

EDIT:
The more you know!

quote:

Do not make the mistake of translating I am hot literally (estoy caliente). As you might have heard or seen somewhere, it would be interpreted as “I am feeling horny / Aroused”!

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 8, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zil posted:

Like to imagine it wasn't the owner taking the photos and is a professional photographer

Well it is Florida.

gently caress working in a house with no A/C.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The real NWS part of this is $182/month in loving HOA fees.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I swear this is on Starfish Island in Vice City.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Elviscat posted:

The real NWS part of this is $182/month in loving HOA fees.

Elviscat posted:

loving HOA fees.

:laugh:

edit: "all bushes must be trimmed to 1/4" no exceptions"

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

SyNack Sassimov posted:

"all bushes must be trimmed to 1/4" no exceptions"

:vince:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Pouring 9' tall Nudura walls on Monday. Hope I don't have the opportunity to post the results here.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SyNack Sassimov posted:

edit: "all bushes must be trimmed to 1/4" no exceptions"

:boom:

Came here to make that joke.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you haven't checked out Elviscat's thread of construction based sorrow and anger, you really should

Elviscat posted:

Fishing the SER for the kitchen sub panel, cut a hole from the attic above the old porch/bathroom to the "inaccessible" attic in the addition/kitchen, spotted something weird and went digging.

All that drywall's coming off in one easy sheet...

Werner?

THEY DRYWALLED OVER THE GODDAMN ATTIC LADDER

https://youtu.be/BNFlEXtho1s

:wtc::wtf::wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Looking at the bright side, the attic is now nolonger inaccessible. And no need to move another ladder when access is required