Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Zeroisanumber posted:

When I was a kid I used to go on fishing trips to Canada and stepping out of the tent to pee at night meant getting absolutely swarmed by mosquitos.

I'm making a t-shirt with picture of a mosquito on a penis that says "I got my dick sucked in northern Ontario"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

I'm making a t-shirt with picture of a mosquito on a penis that says "I got my dick sucked in northern Ontario"

I'll take four

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Honestly you should make those, become a drop shipping small business tyrant.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Which one is this?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coastal-gaslink-suspect-video-1.6360949

Everyone is quite right to not swallow the story, but I cannot decide which is a scarier thought. That this was actually real, and this is the new phase of climate action. Or the CGL and/or RCMP are staging legit terrorist attacks, which will certainly be used to set the enforcement tone going forward. They have done staged these things before but this is a huge escalation from the status quo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
it looks sooo fake lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crow Buddy posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coastal-gaslink-suspect-video-1.6360949

Everyone is quite right to not swallow the story, but I cannot decide which is a scarier thought. That this was actually real, and this is the new phase of climate action. Or the CGL and/or RCMP are staging legit terrorist attacks, which will certainly be used to set the enforcement tone going forward. They have done staged these things before but this is a huge escalation from the status quo.

Lmao the Mounties are so loving bad and dumb they can't even do a real-looking false flag

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Crow Buddy posted:

the former is cool and shouldn’t make you scared, but it’s 100% the latter in this case

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

this probably belongs in the biosphere collapse thread but i had to share because lol

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/boreal-forest-medieval-villages-temiskaming-northern-ontario-1.6355689

just incredible. people tired of the city just moving to some 'pristine wilderness' to make their brains think they're being environmentally friendly by moving to a remote rural area where your presence will strain or gently caress up existing services. the ontario government unsurprisingly doing jack poo poo to regulate any of this because it's private housing development and they fuckin love that poo poo

I was going to make fun of them for growing food on the Shield, but Temiskaming is on the clay shield so it's pretty doable. Let's see what one farmer who tried to farm the land back in the 1920s-1930s had to say about the experience:

sounds great!

:eyepop:
drat just $2000? and I can build my own cabin.......gently caress......It was nice posting with you guys

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
boil water advisories in most places with functioning infrastructure are most often given out when there’s an expected or unexpected repair job or other issue that causes loss of pressure because as stated you run the risk of unsafe microbes entering the water supply. these are separate from drinking water advisories, which are given out when boiling wouldn’t help, e.g., chemical spill, Flint, MI, etc. sometimes they’re ‘just’ given out of a overabundance of caution.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

now is the winter of our discount tent

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Crow Buddy posted:

the rcmp has been staging legit terrorist attacks since before we were born, crow buddy

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

jsoh posted:

the rcmp has been staging legit terrorist attacks since before we were born, crow buddy

I know, just this is a huge escalation and rip anyone dumb enough to protest pipeline poo poo this year.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

it’s all treauDOPEs fault

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

western discontent being primarily driven by frothing radicalization from US media and basically no substantive complaints since the Harper years

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

western discontent being primarily driven by frothing radicalization from US media and basically no substantive complaints since the Harper years

price of oil go down. this is trudeaus fault

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Virtual Russian posted:

Honestly you should make those, become a drop shipping small business tyrant.

haha my friend and I made a bunch of "I got rope rescued in Hamilton, Ontario" shirts a few years back when idiots were constantly falling into waterfalls here and 95% of them are still in a box in my basement. it's fun making shirts but I don't have the gumption for it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Remember when on SA we would make fun of posters who were like "this current event reminds me of something that happened in my favorite video games"?

That's everybody on this continent now.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Remember when on SA we would make fun of posters who were like "this current event reminds me of something that happened in my favorite video games"?

the internet has a lot of crimes to answer for

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I bet that Putin is just as evil as thanos! Probably what the character was based on tbh. time to go vote in an election

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

prom candy posted:

haha my friend and I made a bunch of "I got rope rescued in Hamilton, Ontario" shirts a few years back when idiots were constantly falling into waterfalls here and 95% of them are still in a box in my basement. it's fun making shirts but I don't have the gumption for it

I'll take a large thank you

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crow Buddy posted:

I know, just this is a huge escalation and rip anyone dumb enough to protest pipeline poo poo this year.

This is a dumb take. I'm going to keep protesting pipeline poo poo because it's the right thing to do.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

the racist kermit guy has a new hot take apparently

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

This is just like Mega Man once he gets all the robot powers and is about to fight Dr. Wily.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

good thread title

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

this guy is some John Hodgman Professional Expert character made manifest

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

look what you've done canada

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ghosthorse posted:

the racist kermit guy has a new hot take apparently

glad to know the guy wth the "jews did covid" sign at the toronto protest wasnt real, thank you for putting my mind at ease jorp

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
how can nazis be real if our eyes arent real? - dr jordan b peterson professor emeritus of psychology at the university of tonroto, most famous for getting his rear end beat by professional speed hot dog eater slavoj zizek

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Saalkin posted:

I'll take a large thank you

PM me if you live in hamilton, I'll see if I can find them

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Oglethorpe posted:

look what you've done canada

wow!

500 million trucks!!!!

where's the Trump Bridge guy did his last crash end him

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I heard on the TV some mealy mouthed bullshit about how it's unnaceptable to call your opponents fascists and Nazis, and I thought "yeah they were waving swastikas I feel pretty good about calling them Nazis"

Then after listening more he was talking about the convoy protestors, the ones waving swastikas, were calling vaccinated people Nazis. Like, how does

Why is everything this way

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Because words don't mean anything and they're just convenient tools to attack your political enemies.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Danaru posted:

I heard on the TV some mealy mouthed bullshit about how it's unnaceptable to call your opponents fascists and Nazis, and I thought "yeah they were waving swastikas I feel pretty good about calling them Nazis"

Then after listening more he was talking about the convoy protestors, the ones waving swastikas, were calling vaccinated people Nazis. Like, how does

Well of course the ones waving swastikas can immediately identify Nazis, like calls to like after all.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Randalor posted:

Well of course the ones waving swastikas can immediately identify Nazis, like calls to like after all.

they're not nazis, merely nazi enthusiasts

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Danaru posted:

it's possible that they were so stupid that they somehow came up with the idea of putting swastikas on a flag and waving it around as a way of indicating that they thought the government were Nazis without realizing that it would just make everyone think that they themselves were nazis

It is also possible that they were so stupid that they became Nazis

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

come to think of it It's also possible that both of those things happened at the same time in the same group of people, maybe even in the same individual people

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

When I go to Toronto Maple Leafs games, I always wear the opposing teams jersey. Not because I support them but because I want everyone to know I don't. I am very smart.

:honk::honk:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Another Bill posted:

When I go to Toronto Maple Leafs games

whoa, moneybags here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

i'm a paid protester and Trudeau gives me free tickets because he loves me and we kiss in platinum seats and he makes the cbc not show it on their broadcasts