Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Oh yeah. That's the stuff. Ships around August 2nd from the official site.

I pulled the trigger because I'm a degenerate. 15 unreleased tracks though!

E: Bunch of stuff I ordered a while back all showed up just now. We stan Ambrose in this house!

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Very nice.

When my friend preordered Paintin the Town Brown for me for Christmas a minute back, they prioritized sending to copies to shops over preorders and my copy was delayed a month. So if I get it, I'll get it from my store.

Edit: Also was discussing the matter last night with a friend, and I expressed sadness that they stopped using Schnitzel, though I didn't miss paying $15 to import ship each title; then it hit me: Ween saw that fans were willing to pay $25 plus 15 shipping and figured that they could get a domestic distributer and get all $40 for themselves. The suckers will pay, why should Royal Mail and USPS get such a big piece?

pwn fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 7, 2024

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Creature posted:

Look Sharp was the only Joe Jackson album I was ever aware of. I’d never even heard 'Steppin Out' until maybe 10 years ago. A friend's band recorded a cover of 'It's Different for Girls' and I thought it was their own song until I read the liner notes lol.

For me, Look Sharp is up there with Any Trouble's Where Are All The Nice Girls as the finest power pop ever produced.

Amen. Remember: if it ain't STIFF, it ain't worth a gently caress.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shiiiiiiiit, I thought I had time for Chocolate and Cheese, I managed to snag it on black vinyl just before selling out. No regrets.

Some regrets.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress, i missed it, then

paycheck doesn't land until midnight, i figured I'd give it a look on the weekend

pwn
May 27, 2004

They can make more or not, I have the CD. If they would like to sell me a CD of the new expanded edition, that's cool. I'm done with worrying about missing poo poo. $70 is stupid. poo poo is plastic and paper.

I've caught CPL953H.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

Shiiiiiiiit, I thought I had time for Chocolate and Cheese, I managed to snag it on black vinyl just before selling out. No regrets.

Some regrets.

poo poo. I figured since The Pod reissue is still widely available I had time. This stupid hobby. You never know what stuff is truly limited. Just hoping it gets a wider release. I hope the lack of reissues is a Ween not giving a gently caress and not some weird rights issues.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
The sound burger continues to be my favorite way to listen to music lately. Love an early morning patio listening.

Also I love albums that have etchings on blank sides. This one is gorgeous.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

$70 is stupid. poo poo is plastic and paper.
Aaaaaaabsolutely true, but the last time I saw a C&C at a store they wanted $200 for a Plain Records reissue sourced from the CD so I'm less mad than I probably should be.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I can vouch for the ELO & Joe Jackson albums. Excellent.

Night & Day was a sealed original. For $10.

I shudder to think how many copies ended up in landfills.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

There's a thrift store near my house that doesn't get picked over too frequently. Don't get me wrong, it still has plenty of white gospel and beat-to-hell 1950s classical records to sift through, but an occasional visit usually turns up something good.

"Good" often means a random, sometimes rare jazz record like this obscure Donald Byrd album I found in NM condition a while back. Or "good" could mean this:

https://x.com/NewsFedora/status/1582865458792845313

Anyhoo, I usually walk out with at least one dusty record in hand. Today was no exception with two records: one was a Dutch import of a live Dave Brubeck Quartet album from the mid-1950s. The other was... well, here it is with another record I already own so I think I can start putting together a new genre in my collection:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Discogs' description of The Chimps posted:

This band from PA had an not too bad LP and a cool 45 on Cameo but at the same time they were incognito operating for a Cash-In Explotiation budget label called Wyncote! They released two Monkees cash-in records and both contain, besides Monkees covers, also some very interesting originals! However on their second Wyncote 1967LP they suddenly appear with this TOTALLY INSANE brutal Acid-LSD-psych instro!

Alright I'm in.

pwn
May 27, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Aaaaaaabsolutely true, but the last time I saw a C&C at a store they wanted $200 for a Plain Records reissue sourced from the CD so I'm less mad than I probably should be.

Oh yeah! It's nice to be sure and beats the pants pff that Plain poo poo.

Ballz posted:

There's a thrift store near my house that doesn't get picked over too frequently. Don't get me wrong, it still has plenty of white gospel and beat-to-hell 1950s classical records to sift through, but an occasional visit usually turns up something good.

"Good" often means a random, sometimes rare jazz record like this obscure Donald Byrd album I found in NM condition a while back. Or "good" could mean this:

https://x.com/NewsFedora/status/1582865458792845313

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1582869432790962176?s=46&t=t8CFjI5-v0IxaoLh38KSzw

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Looks like C&C is getting a wider release. Snagged a copy at Rough Trade (cheaper shipping too). Not taking any chances this time.

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-us/product/ween/chocolate-and-cheese-deluxe-edition-2

On the one hand I will be stoked if all the future reissues have a bonus disc. On the other I don't want to re buy the Ween discography :argh:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

caligulamprey posted:

Oh yeah. That's the stuff. Ships around August 2nd from the official site.

I saw the promo email on Friday and pulled the trigger on the championship belt colored vinyl. Feels dumb but I took a 5 year hiatus from buying vinyl and I'm feeling ok with overpaying for one of my favorite records.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Mondo having a big sale right now. Some of that sweet City Pop and Bideo Game soundtracks. Spend $150 and get a mystery box.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/all-music

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Weirdest picture disc I've seen. But a great album. Thanks Charli XCX

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Frozen Peach posted:

Weirdest picture disc I've seen. But a great album. Thanks Charli XCX

Does every goon have a soundburger?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Never mind, that’s you above too, ha

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

there's dozens of us

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Not tryna have leaves or flies land on my records ty

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Not tryna have leaves or flies land on my records ty

Records are meant to be used. Loved. Experienced.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Frozen Peach posted:

Records are meant to be used. Loved. Experienced.

Yes.

Under a dust cover.

Free from the elements.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

As a Magic the Gathering player who riffle shuffles her unsleeved cards, I will never agree with you.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I've been trying to adopt the use my stuff mentality lately but I still gotta sleeve my mtg cards and can't bring myself to riffle shuffle them.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Frozen Peach posted:

As a Magic the Gathering player who riffle shuffles her unsleeved cards, I will never agree with you.

Eh, mono red are typically on the cheaper end of the spectrum...and this clearly mono red behaviour.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Yes.

Under a dust cover.

Free from the elements.

dont forget the mofi inner sleeve

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Do you like rare vinyl? Do you like funny songs?

Then you'll love this:
https://www.rifftrax.com/cheep-tunes

It'll be interesting to see how many copies they sell.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

flubber nuts posted:

dont forget the mofi inner sleeve

fucken rights

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dale Crover has a new album out for pre-order with a bunch of kick-rear end guests on it. Ty Segall and Rob Crow on a Dale album? Sign me up!

https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/dale-crover-glossolalia

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Delivery day!!!

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
I am selling off the remainder of my collection over in the Mart! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4062957

Lots of Third Man records stuff and various other music from the late 2000s/early 2010s.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
looks like aphex twin's selected ambient works II is getting a repress. Reddit says preorders tomorrow, and pictures show it's 4 discs with 27 tracks 👀 (original was 3 discs with 25)

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/1di4fda/saw_vol2_repress_images_source_aphex_twin/#lightbox

https://twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/1802657513218675074

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

strap on revenge posted:

looks like aphex twin's selected ambient works II is getting a repress.

Holy loving poo poo! :stare:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
It’s going to be something stupid like $150 plus $40 shipping and it would still be a deal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also scalpers are gonna sell it out in 0.0001 seconds

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm gonna buy the poo poo outta that. Oh yeah.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hopefully this one actually comes with stone in focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
huh i have the original i had no idea it was rare. probably just shot up to being my most valuable record :cool: i will never sell