Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

I basically screamed murder when that poo poo went down in Bravely Default. Zero has the right of it, that's bullshit.

Eh. It was EXTREMELY obvious it was going to happen in that game. Very, very few JRPGs give you access to the whole world map only a couple hours in.

My favourite's still probably FF7 where you get the airplane, only for it to immediately be damaged to the point you only ride it like a boat (and this is far enough into the game that players probably were expecting an airship.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

This is your reminder that yes, this game is completely hilariously amazing.

The more I see of this game the more I feel like it's actually a pretty good game if you don't try to 100% it. As opposed to Drakengard I/II which looked like horrible grindfests and Nier which is a game I am really glad exists and would buy a copy to support, but would never want to actually play.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
By "Meat with Glasses" I envisioned something like Bernd das Brot, just with meatloaf instead of bread, but holy poo poo. It's just a bunch of meat with glasses. Simple and efficient. I don't know if that joke is brilliant or really, really dumb. :allears:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Chuu posted:

The more I see of this game the more I feel like it's actually a pretty good game if you don't try to 100% it. As opposed to Drakengard I/II which looked like horrible grindfests and Nier which is a game I am really glad exists and would buy a copy to support, but would never want to actually play.
Nier is more fun to play than Drakengard 3.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Nier only goes out of its way to spite you if you try to 100% it. Otherwise it just seems mediocre at worst.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Libluini posted:

By "Meat with Glasses" I envisioned something like Bernd das Brot, just with meatloaf instead of bread, but holy poo poo. It's just a bunch of meat with glasses. Simple and efficient. I don't know if that joke is brilliant or really, really dumb. :allears:
I pictured something completely different.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Libluini posted:

I don't even know if anyone ever figured out why the hell someone bought all of them, and no one really got it at all so I guess it's probably more on the "really dumb" side. I mean, they bought a lot of avatars that no one understood at all.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

What am I looking at here, besides your MSPaint skills.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kaislioc posted:

Meat with glasses. :stare:

Drakengard!

Did I do this right?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

So, hey, not sure if this has been asked before, but why are your music tracks fading out before looping? You... you aren't just copy/pasting a random point of the song onto the end to make it longer... right?

... right?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

What am I looking at here, besides your MSPaint skills.
Her nickname is meat.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So, hey, not sure if this has been asked before, but why are your music tracks fading out before looping? You... you aren't just copy/pasting a random point of the song onto the end to make it longer... right?

... right?
Iiiiiiii am pretty sure that Id is not the best looper because I know for a fact the songs fade out naturally and he just relooped at a point.

Not that I particularly MIND but I can tell very clearly that it is, but then I am here just to see the adventures of Mikhail and friends :3:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... right?

Youtube was putting up copyright notices but having some random rear end loops at the end somehow works...? I don't like it and it's lovely but hey... :shrug:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

The Dark Id posted:

Youtube was putting up copyright notices but having some random rear end loops at the end somehow works...? I don't like it and it's lovely but hey... :shrug:
Huh really? Wow that's...pretty sneaky, how very...drakengard of you.

No seriously that's actually a pretty clever trick I'll have to remember that so thanks again for uploading all the gorgeous soundtrack :)

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

FinalGamer posted:

Huh really? Wow that's...pretty sneaky, how very...drakengard of you.

No seriously that's actually a pretty clever trick I'll have to remember that so thanks again for uploading all the gorgeous soundtrack :)

Yeah, it's lovely. I have all the layered songs' tracks and I might try to privately host them in the future. But, bare with the weird lovely looping Youtube stuff for now. Best I can do. :smith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Is there a reason Tindeck is off the table? Wrong file formats?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tindeck has a limit to how many songs you can upload unless you pay up.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That's seven years of loving this poo poo and counting. Just how much more poo poo is there to love?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Is there a reason Tindeck is off the table? Wrong file formats?

I was told they have started deleting files if nobody listens to them within a month and it has sort of turned into a pay service. Also copyright business. Correct me if I'm wrong or if anyone has an alternative.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Gnome de plume posted:

That's seven years of loving this poo poo and counting. Just how much more poo poo is there to love?
Coming soon: 4 Drakengard.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Bad Seafood posted:

Coming soon: 4 Drakengard.

"Mister Scott Caimedy!"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Also, I wonder how much of the FMV budget that jump kick ate up. :v:

Some of it.
The majority of the budget was eaten up by the first FMV. You know, where Zero looks like this:

then suddenly turns into

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 5, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its weird to see Zero do anything other than scowl.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Some of it.
The majority of the budget was eaten up by the first FMV. You know, where Zero looks like this:

then suddenly turns into

I like how she's covered in blood but her hair is perfect.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Gotta have immaculate hair. I mean blood is really hard to get out of stu- wait she just goes Intoner mode to get rid of it. She can be immaculately clean whenever she wants as long as she gets bloodsoaked enough.

Poor peons whenever she has to do the laundry though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Gotta have immaculate hair. I mean blood is really hard to get out of stu- wait she just goes Intoner mode to get rid of it. She can be immaculately clean whenever she wants as long as she gets bloodsoaked enough.

Poor peons whenever she has to do the laundry though.
Laundry's probably Mikhail's job. When he remembers, that is.

Although, now it's probably been handed off to Decadus and/or Dito.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AradoBalanga posted:

Dito probably volunteered.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
mikhail barely washes himself and has clawed hands, how'd you expect him to do laundry

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I figure Decadus can be roped into doing just about any chore if you make it sound degrading and humiliating enough.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

W.T. Fits posted:

I figure Decadus can be... roped into doing just about any chore if you make it sound degrading and humiliating enough... Unh

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

Laundry's probably Mikhail's job. When he remembers, that is.

I just had an adorable mental image of Mikhail stirring a tub of laundry and soap with his tail.

Edit: That, or the stubby talons on his wings. :3:

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 5, 2015

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XVIII: In Which Zero is Very Upset About Recent Events

Look, she was really, really looking forward to tooling around on that stolen airship and you soldier idiots hosed that all up. She was just going to fly right past the lot of you! You have brought nothing but death and ruin upon yourselves. I mean look at the title of this mission...

Verse 1 - Kill 'Em All!
Music: Registance ~ Battleground

Thanks to Decadus's generous gift, Zero now has access to the third category of weaponry: Combat Bracers. Which are a cool weapon set in theory. Who doesn't like getting their ATATATATATATA on with a bit of the old fisticuffs and Chun Li-esque kicking business?

Unfortunately they kind of suck against anything that cannot be staggered. Read: Every enemy this is not a grunt soldier. And even then, you're better off just using a sword or spear. Combat Bracers do a load of quick hits with very little power which require you to get right up in a foe's grill. The damage output is only going to hit a single target in a game full of mobs of enemies. I'm not a big fan of the weapon. Swords do better crowd control. Spears do far better damage against a single foe. Combat bracers are mostly just for funsies.

Still not the worst weapon in the game. Don't worry. We will acquire that this chapter.

Or else what?!
Wow, Z. Scaaaaaary.
W-Wait! We can still talk about this!
Sorry, pal. Talking time's over! You sons of bitches ruined my brand-new airship... and now you're going to DIE!
It would appear Lady Zero was very much looking forward to airship travel.
Seems like it.
Hey!
...Hmm? Where'd he go?
He?
Mikhail. She's not a big fan of using his name.
Why not?
Because I'm a jerk, mostly.
Such a... devious game to play.

All of you idiots questioning Zero's motivation. Here you go! Zero, you're alright in my book. Honestly, most of this chapter is just Zero being really loving pissed about that airship exploding. :unsmith:

I will warn that Decadus is a massive creep this entire mission, but he chills out with his kink after this session. A bit... Bare with it. Or at least watch the highlight reel. Cam Clarke is clearly having a lot of fun being a big creepy perv...

Such a demon, laughing as she murders!
Why does Lady Zero engage in such... senseless slaughter?
Aw, she's just pissed about the airship. It's kinda cute.
Uungh... So cruel.
Watch. She'll torment 'em half to death.
...Well, more like ALL to death.
Nnngh... How painfuuuull...

Oh, you're WAY past help, jackass! You bust up my airship, and now you want HELP!?

You know you can toggle off the blood splatters on the screen in the options menu. It doesn't help the frame rate or anything. And I think they're fun. So they stay. Little bit of trivia.

A new obstacle this chapter replacing the walls of hastily built fortifications and barriers in the previous chapters is walls of ivy. There is... nothing to them at all... There's just some poo poo in the way you need to hack on until destroyed.

...What? That's it. Just the facts, ma'am.

Watching a poo poo load of Nick at Nite in the late '80s to early '90s has hosed up my pop cultural range something fierce...

Ow! Dammit, this ivy's all pokey and it hurts!
Mmm... The pain is... delectable...
You're a strange man, Decadus. Yooooou know that... right?

Serious go watch the highlight reel video. Cam Clarke's line reading is amazing!

A bit of the old ultra-violence later...

Hmm... That giant tree sure stands out, doesn't it?
Indeed. Perhaps Lady Three is there?
Let's go. I'm gonna kill her for what she did to my airship.
Um, weren't you gonna kill her anyway?

A seldom used mechanic in Drakengard 3 is the fact soldiers will have their morale break and cower before Zero's murder rampage. It's mostly used for the poor unfortunate souls caught in the Cutscene Zone break. I suppose a quick, violent death is preferable to being caught in whatever sad dimension the Narration Zone of Xenogears entailed.

Dammit! What the hell!?
Blocked in by walls of ivy...
This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Random gate closing would no longer be aesthetically pleasing to the setting. Instead we are swapping it out with Ivy Walls held up by load bearing foes. Totally different!

In this instance the foe in question is a new brand of enemy: The Undead. Or the skeleton warrior variation in this case. There is a skeleton in your body RIGHT NOW that at any time could be converted into a trash mob enemy by a foul wizard. Think about it...

Lady Zero! These foes are undead!
Yeah, I can see that! ...Hell, I can SMELL it!

Skeleton Justice Warriors are assholes. Plain and simple. The auto-block all attacks from the front with no regard to weaponry utilized. One needs to dodge around to their backside to successfully attack their vulnerable points. And even then, when it seems like defeat has occurred you need to wail on the prick's corpse to actually destroy them.

...Hey if you interpreted that paragraph a very specific way you are probably a piece of poo poo! gently caress off. Thanks.

The destruction of load barring undead beasts is the primary barrier of this chapter. We have already covered about 94% of this game's intricacies at this point.

Yep.It's like you died and went to freakshow heaven.
Nnnngh... <inhales>
Take it easy. Zero's gonna knee you in the junk if you get too excited.
She... she WILL? Oh, just the thought... Unnnghh...

Capping off this mission we have the Tier 3 version of the Gigas. The Undead Gigas.What you didn't know recovering from death was a power-up in the Drakengard universe? Where have you been?

An Undead Gigas can do Sumo Wrestler pound slams moves like a motherfucker and... Err... And... No that's about it. It is an Armored Gigas with several tree trunks stuck into it, a color swap, and a bit more HP. :effort:

I'm the only one bring death around here!
I'll draw Zero's attention! You try to get behind her!
Cute plan. Too bad I can hear you, dumbass!

As with the previous Gigas creatures, everyone knows the best way to slay a giant is to cut it down to size. Pfft... The nape of its neck. That is stupid talk for people frequently getting eaten by giants.

I pray he's not in danger.
He's fiiine. Idiots like him never die young.

Hehe. You sure do bitch a lot, Z. You know that?
It seems as though our lady is growing angrier by the moment.
Whaddya expect? Her dragon's gone, and we can't find Three. But uh, I wouldn't broach that subject, or she might turn your balls into pudding.
Ooooooh...

Well here is the mission end... I'll just let this pay out...

Music: Strumble

Heheheheheeeh! Aw, just look at your poor fools! All slack-jawed and clueless... It's pretty hard to watch! I mean, how can you even live like that? Aren't you embarrassed to be seen out in public?
"Oh boo ho! We lost our dragon! We don't know where he is!" And yet, he's waiting in the Valley of Faeries juuust ahead! Well, have fun being lost like a bunch of stupi--

Yep. Zero is alright in my book!

Video: Verse 1 Highlights
(Worth watching.)

Video: Chapter 3 Verse 1 Ending
(You should watch this.)

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 6, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Goddamn fairies.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
It's good to see that Zero has an understanding of the proper way to deal will faerie bullshit.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
This game is just too good sometimes.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

And people roll their eyes when I say I like this game.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The whimsical bongos are a nice touch. Makes you think for a moment that this might actually be going somewhere.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is a sure improvement from Drakengard. gently caress you fairies. The only sympathy I have concerning them is their death by the empire, and not by the flames of Red.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
To be fair, Fairies getting thoroughly hosed isn't a new concept in Drakengard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Glad to see this game remembered Drakengard fairies are total assholes.

Even happier to see that Zero agrees wholeheartedly.

• Locked thread