Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endorph posted:

i presumed that since it said 'your views,' that i, being a person who does not share those views on homosexuality and persona 5, did not have to do that. if video games would like me to redo the essay in order to incorporate this, i am willing to do so within the allotted time of a week, but only in the case that they hold off on probating spuds until that week has passed, or I submit the redone essay. This way, I am allowed to pick his punishment, as the original offer entailed.

Ok, first of, wow. That was a great post! I had already put in for a 30 day with the following reason:
Took the opportunity to take a month probation over explaining to the thread the cultural appropriation of Funky Kong and how it relates to homosexual people being thin skinned about their appearance in Persona 5.

I am going to admit, I did not think anyone would choose the permaban option. It completely slipped my mind as a choice because the only people I have permaed are Dare and probation avoiding accounts. If it is OK with you, and because you put in so much effort, can I downgrade the perma to a Ban+month and you get to write the reason for the month?

Spudsbuckley, that sort of post that Endorph just wrote is all you needed to do (adding your views on Persona5) and it was funny. It can be done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ban + month + instantly banned again if he ever gets mad at people for criticizing things like gay rep in video games again would be acceptable.

here is the ban reason:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

make it so he can only read endorph's posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oddium posted:

make it so he can only read endorph's posts
that would be a gift, not a punishment

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Endorph posted:

Ban + month + instantly banned again if he ever gets mad at people for criticizing things like gay rep in video games again would be acceptable.

here is the ban reason:

The color scheme on that character offends me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The color scheme on that character offends me.
if its any consolation those are just goofy halloween outfits

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Megas XLR was robbed and I wish it was back

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Hey.

Does anyone else think that the best part of any pie is the crust?

The crust is the most important part of the pie, but also the one that will have the least impact on the overall flavor. A good crust is an unnoticeable accompaniment to a great pie; a bad crust tastes like poo poo and falls apart.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endorph posted:

here is the ban reason:

Awesome! It is done :)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

VideoGames posted:

Spudsbuckley, that sort of post that Endorph just wrote is all you needed to do (adding your views on Persona5) and it was funny. It can be done!

I'm sure it was hilarious but I sure as gently caress won't be reading it.

Can I be probated now? I need a break from you 40 year old woke teenagers and your getting offended on behalf of people who never asked you to do so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

Can I be probated now? I need a break from you 40 year old woke teenagers and your getting offended on behalf of people who never asked you to do so.
you're free to not come back, my dude

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Thread delivers

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

spudsbuckley posted:

spudsbuckley posted:

I am telling people to critically evaluate it.

If it's poo poo stop reading it, if it's good keep reading it.

But honestly, don't come back. Also, Endorph I'll try to think of something nice to gift you later when I come home. That was some ace posting and put down.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

i'm sure there's a rally somewhere you'd be very welcome at

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feel free to go with whatever for a gift or just donate to a shelter for homeless homosexual youth if you have money to burn, or some similar organization. I'd link one but my internet's real crap right now so itd take me like five years to google names and then google to see if they're up the up and up.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Endorph posted:

Feel free to go with whatever for a gift or just donate to a shelter for homeless homosexual youth if you have money to burn, or some similar organization. I'd link one but my internet's real crap right now so itd take me like five years to google names and then google to see if they're up the up and up.

Stop pretending you don't already have a bunch of them in a bookmark folder called "Hunting Grounds".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just, like, stop posting man

Go and play a videogame and drink some tea, treat yourself and enjoy life

The internet will still be here when you get back

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

Stop pretending you don't already have a bunch of them in a bookmark folder called "Hunting Grounds".

that sound you heard was any goodwill left for you leaving the thread

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph, you're a treasure to these forums.

spudsbuckley posted:

Jesus christ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

so does this deserve a permaban

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
:yikes:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Well, at least we won't have to read their terrible posts in the foreseeable future.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
check the reviews

https://store.steampowered.com/app/850690/Crying_is_not_Enough/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Endorph posted:

:glomp:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I came for the video games

I stayed for the quality meltdowns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I love to play video games

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wow that meltdown.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

surpass the hero within might be the most challenging, best designed boss fight that a nintendo game has ever had. its incredibly good, as a gauntlet of increasingly frantic scenarios against an enemy that behaves like and has similar abilities to a player character, but far exceeds their capabilities (which falls entirely in line with the mythical-heroic portrayal of agent 3 throughout the entirety of the octo expansion). its a duel to the death that encourages you to fully live up to your potential, both you as a player mastering the mechanics of the game and your octoling character narratively attempting to surpass their idealized memories of the master. the octo expansion is very good, in general, as a design playground where the mechanics of splatoon are aggressively iterated on. sure there's like Two Or Three Bad Levels out of 80 some, but its such a weird experimental thing that only 2% of it being bad is a testament to how successful they were. that boss fight though, whoa

and that's why the octo expansion is the game of the month, and every game from now on should just be a series of zelda shrines

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

+1

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cant wait to see what happens in the July thread

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

july will probably be octopath traveller, if only for lack of anything else good coming out

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm probably going to be unemployed in July so backlog time!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

univbee posted:

I'm probably going to be unemployed in July so backlog time!

luckily you can sell like two-thirds of your game collection and not actually be missing any games

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

cant wait to see what happens in the July thread

I’ve been alerted to the thread and I’m crafting a doozie of a post

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

luckily you can sell like two-thirds of your game collection and not actually be missing any games

...sell...games?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

surpass the hero within might be the most challenging, best designed boss fight that a nintendo game has ever had. its incredibly good, as a gauntlet of increasingly frantic scenarios against an enemy that behaves like and has similar abilities to a player character, but far exceeds their capabilities (which falls entirely in line with the mythical-heroic portrayal of agent 3 throughout the entirety of the octo expansion). its a duel to the death that encourages you to fully live up to your potential, both you as a player mastering the mechanics of the game and your octoling character narratively attempting to surpass their idealized memories of the master. the octo expansion is very good, in general, as a design playground where the mechanics of splatoon are aggressively iterated on. sure there's like Two Or Three Bad Levels out of 80 some, but its such a weird experimental thing that only 2% of it being bad is a testament to how successful they were. that boss fight though, whoa

and that's why the octo expansion is the game of the month, and every game from now on should just be a series of zelda shrines

I'm a big fan of the chat logs + memcake poems

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
seems i missed a bit of a to-do last evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm a big fan of the chat logs + memcake poems
yeah its also the most socially aware story about race relations in video game history lol

• Locked thread