Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

overdesigned posted:

I too make myself feel good by critiquing other peoples' online purchases.

Speaking of online purchases, I bought this travel thermos! Needed a new one since the seals on my last contigo went to poo poo, and the wirecutter said this was their favorite. Also my Zojirushi rice maker was an amazingly solid product, so...

I also bought a hotel room for our Marine Corps Ball down in Richmond, VA next month. I've bought a shitload of stuff this weekend.

I have the same one. If you expect your hot tea or coffee to cool down in an hour or so. It does not. I usually have to add a couple of ice cubes to make it drinkable or leave it without the lid on for 30 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

leidend posted:

Hey we genetic freaks need phones too. :( The Note 3 is the perfect size for my sausages

Watching me hold an iPhone to my face is like that scene from Zoolander

Uhh no according to Apple everyone's hands are exactly the same size and the Iphone screen size is perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8h-F-hWgnc

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

leidend posted:

Hey we genetic freaks need phones too. :( The Note 3 is the perfect size for my sausages

Watching me hold an iPhone to my face is like that scene from Zoolander

Except that you can't touch the bottom right quarter of the screen holding it like that you goof.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

charsiu posted:

Bought a watch today too: Laco Augsburg

Very pretty. I love that military style face. So elegant.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Josh Lyman posted:

Except that you can't touch the bottom right quarter of the screen holding it like that you goof.

I can though? I was showing I can reach the other side, which would be challenging for some, but I can push the near side without adjusting my grip too.

edit: I asked my wife to try pushing one of the far apps. Obviously isn't for everyone

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Oct 7, 2013

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Nike SB Stefan Janoski, Anthracite/University Red.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Metanaut posted:

Nike SB Stefan Janoski, Anthracite/University Red.

I'm not into shoes but drat those are sharp.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where does everyone shop online for shoes? Ebay?

standardtoaster
May 22, 2009

Otm Shank posted:

Will be so awesome if it actually works.

I tried this once, they pooped in it twice, then they said gently caress it and started making GBS threads on the floor next to the toilet...

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

All I need is that Black Dads shirt, and 3 more jokes, and I can go a whole week of Black Flag-related outerwear.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Even though the game doesn't look very good, I hope a shirt like that featuring all 4 of the Assassin's Creed protagonists with the text reading BLACK FLAG comes out.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

charsiu posted:

Bought a watch today too: Laco Augsburg

Good choice :)

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

RCarr posted:

Where does everyone shop online for shoes? Ebay?

Zappos baby.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Quad posted:

All I need is that Black Dads shirt, and 3 more jokes, and I can go a whole week of Black Flag-related outerwear.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ugh, so loving expensive. Good thing I'm only on the hook for one of them.

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

"a phlegmatic...and certainly undemonstrative [robot]"

I sold all seven 360 games that I owned and received $15. I then bought this for $15. I like having less stuff, so owning only one game feels great. I'm digging the game so far.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Phlegmbot posted:

I sold all seven 360 games that I owned and received $15. I then bought this for $15. I like having less stuff, so owning only one game feels great. I'm digging the game so far.

Arkham City was on Live for $10 recently. I bought it a few days before GTA V but it was fun until then and I plan to go back to it.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Raikiri posted:

Definitely, works out at about 370 inc. tax, I paid 499 for mine.

Unrelated to your post, but I was inquiring about your desk setup over here and would really appreciate your feedback on how it's worked out for you since you did it, considering the position of the radiator underneath it. Thanks! :)

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

"a phlegmatic...and certainly undemonstrative [robot]"

leidend posted:

Arkham City was on Live for $10 recently. I bought it a few days before GTA V but it was fun until then and I plan to go back to it.

Thanks for the tip. I barely play so I don't subscribe to Live.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Ordered a new messenger bag to replace my canvas one that was getting a bit ratty, since living social had an awesome deal on custom ones:

I added buckles, a cross-strap, drop pocket and a velcro strip on the outside (so I can stick fun things to it), all for less than $100 shipped.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rickshaw does quality bags. I've been to their factory a few times when I picked up my orders. It usually takes less than a week to make.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quad posted:

Now you have only 1 more shirt to find.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why would they not use Black Mag instead?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I dunno (I agree that Black Mag would have been a better pun), though this came out 'round Sandy Hook & height of the "Evil Black Rifle" phase.

Content:
Double Double animal-style and fries well done from here.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

plainswalker75 posted:

Ordered a new messenger bag to replace my canvas one that was getting a bit ratty, since living social had an awesome deal on custom ones:

I added buckles, a cross-strap, drop pocket and a velcro strip on the outside (so I can stick fun things to it), all for less than $100 shipped.

Is that made of vinyl? Seems kinda expensive... Maybe I just don't know fashion lol.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My first pair of louboutins. Unfortunately, they are for a gift and not some sick spiky mens ones. Oh well.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

pageerror404 posted:

Is that made of vinyl? Seems kinda expensive... Maybe I just don't know fashion lol.

The outside is nylon, same as you'd see on any backpack, but the inside is a neat lightweight waterproof material called X-pac that's typically used for sailcloth. Since I live in Oregon, I wanted a light, durable, waterproof bag and this fits my requirements to a T.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

zVxTeflon posted:

Why would they not use Black Mag instead?

Yeah, but then the TFR goons would come in and yell at you because those are clearly clips, not magazines, Jesus, don't you know anything about guns? :rolleyes:

Actually, I think those are magazines, but you get my point.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Android Bicyclist posted:

I dunno (I agree that Black Mag would have been a better pun), though this came out 'round Sandy Hook & height of the "Evil Black Rifle" phase.

Content:
Double Double animal-style and fries well done from here.

I wish more places kept their menu this simple.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

colas posted:

I wish more places kept their menu this simple.

Last time I ate at Steak and Shake I had a brain aneurysm.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Anova sous vide machine

Beer
Bourbon Barrel Porter All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale
Smashing Pumpkin Ale All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 1056 American Ale
Oktoberfest All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 2633 Oktoberfest Blend

3TB backup for my 3TB backup.

$99 on Newegg currently.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is the first time I've ever felt bad covering up a phone with a case, since Samsung finally figured out how to make a nice looking exterior, but dropping it is an inevitability.

Spigen Neo Hybrid for Note 3

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

LTBS posted:

Anova sous vide machine

Please report back once you get to use that, I'm looking to buy either the anova or sansaire and would love an actual owners perspective on one.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Full Circle posted:

Please report back once you get to use that, I'm looking to buy either the anova or sansaire and would love an actual owners perspective on one.

Check in Goons With Chickencheese. There's a sous vide thread with testimonials as well as within the last 10-15 pages of the product recommendation thread.
They're why I went with the anova instead (and since I wanted it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

My first freezer. 8.8 cubic foot, which is plenty for me.

Gonna be delivered this weekend, if I can't sweet talk a friend of mine into helping me go pick it up and lug the bastard in my house.

edit - gently caress that's huge, timg'd

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

My first pair of louboutins. Unfortunately, they are for a gift and not some sick spiky mens ones. Oh well.

Not a woman's shoe freak, but those are dope as hell.

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

A 2008 Lexus GS 350. Comes with sweet-rear end lens flare courtesy of J.J. Abrams. But no, this car-buying thing is some serious adult poo poo and I'm having a lot of feelings.

It drives like a freaking dream though. I've been quite pleased with it so far.

carnivaljunkie has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Oct 9, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I love you John Darnielle :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I don't suppose you need another girlfriend.... :j:

• Locked thread