Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You don't understand, to us completionists (but only according to my custom rules of what "complete" is) it means Takara is FORCING us to buy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The sub numbered ones are usually just repaints. This one has new gear, so new MP#.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Anora posted:

Hey guys RiD is doing combiners now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHaryQ1RWw0

Ooohhhh...

more like powerstinx

:c00l:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

The sub numbered ones are usually just repaints. This one has new gear, so new MP#.

Get the gently caress out of here with your logic and reason.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Oh jeez I think I might like that one better.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

That's based on toy colors, right?

It looks pretty good and a part of me almost likes it better, but eh I'm happy with the one I have. I don't need 2 munkeys who aren't trukks.

Rhyno posted:

People are losing their poo poo over it getting it's own MP number. Like of all the stupid things to get worked up over.

It's the Internet, getting outraged over the stupidest poo poo imaginable is what people do here

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

For people who've had it for a while now, how did Star Saber end up being?

Meh. Limited articulation, can only hold his sword edges sideways (as in not in a cutting position), and his alt modes are just "robot lays down" in the worst way. If the original figure had knees it would barely be an improvement.

Unless you're a huge fan of the character I would say pass. Even at a super cheap price he's kind of a waste of shelf space, IMO.

Gammatron 64 posted:

And his appearance in the Beast Wars II movie. So to a Japanese fan this is probably "anime accurate." I'm happy with the CG show version.

And I don't care about the number because I already skipped Delta Magnus so that ship has sailed.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

What's kinda neat is I noticed this Primal is smooth. People thought that the regular MP Primal's fur was molded or fuzz or something but's it's actually some special kind of paint. Pretty neat actually.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah it's a textured silkscreen that works really well as a simulation of low-fi 1990s texture mapping.

But man I love that toy deco...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

It looks pretty good and a part of me almost likes it better, but eh I'm happy with the one I have. I don't need 2 munkeys who aren't trukks.

What if it's a shiny monkey on a hoverboard?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Star Saber is awesome, Victory is awesome.

Not dipping into that second MP Primal, gonna wait and see what WJ does with their OS version.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Not dipping into that second MP Primal, gonna wait and see what WJ does with their OS version.

You're loving insane. How big is Dinobot gonna be if you OS Primal?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

You're loving insane. How big is Dinobot gonna be if you OS Primal?

One of these days I will get my collection set up and you will understand. We have detolfs scattered around the apartment and I have various things on display in each one so scale doesn't matter.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

~I will never understand you~

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

But what of our love

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I was going for Hamilton there, actually.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

I was going for Hamilton there, actually.

I live in an uncultured flyover state, we don't got none of that art stuff here

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

What if it's a shiny monkey on a hoverboard?

Well, then I'd get a 2nd monkey.

I'd probably pass on Optimal Optimus, though.

What we really need is a MP Dinobot because he seriously needs a good toy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

One of these days I will get my collection set up and you will understand. We have detolfs scattered around the apartment and I have various things on display in each one so scale doesn't matter.

Also bigger = better, obviously

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also bigger = better, obviously

I'm in Indiana, not Texas.

Still correct though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

How much does a set go for??

SRP is $110, internet prices are currently $180. I'm looking for $100 and shipping.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm in Indiana

I've been there before.

I'm sorry.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

gonna wait and see what WJ does with their OS version.
Do you ever accidentally post this in other threads? Like you're waiting to see what WJ does with their OSKO Dan Slott Spider-Man?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a horrifying thing to imagine.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

SRP is $110, internet prices are currently $180. I'm looking for $100 and shipping.

Sounds good to me but I want to check out a review of it first as annoying as that sounds.

Mind if I give you my answer tomorrow(Friday)?

PM me or Email me at Lepemont at Hotmail.

Here's a really good comparison shot of the new MP Primal:

Here's the image that will help you decide:

You can't see it but there's a chain that connects the skull part of the mace. Also, from my understanding, it'll be the same price??

Do we have to assume there will be a new Cheetor as well?

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 13, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Sounds good to me but I want to check out a review of it first as annoying as that sounds.

Mind if I give you my answer tomorrow(Friday)?

Yeah take your time dude.

Lepecard posted:

poo poo. I think I need that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I'm not sure what the new Cheetor would be. Maybe a cutesy version like they usually draw him in the manga stuff?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the new MP Primal makes me wonder what the version of Beast Wars set on modern-day Earth with freaky genetic experiment Maximals and Predacons from the early toy bios would have been like.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's a super good alternate model Primal, christ

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Yeah take your time dude.

poo poo. I think I need that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Don't worry, I actually heard it in my head as I read it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New Primal looks way better IMO but still not getting. TRUKK NOT MUNKY.

Anyway, Rhyno it's going to die buried under a pile of lead-filled Chinese plastic. And if I lived in Indiana I would be doing the same thing.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I don't dislike the alternate toy deco since it's nice and contrasty but the TV show one looks more real to me somehow. I think the face sculpt comes out nicer in the original version, too

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Keldroc posted:

I'm not sure what the new Cheetor would be. Maybe a cutesy version like they usually draw him in the manga stuff?

If I had to guess i'd say a brighter yellow to match the original toy's coloration and possibly a beast mask plus different weapon?

Not really sure what else they could do aside from a heavy retool into Tigertron or possibly a recolor into Shadow Panther?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Lepecard posted:

Honestly I think I prefer the one I already have ever so slightly.

That said, if you prefer the toy color Primal but already have the cartoon color version, that kinda sucks.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TFRazorsaw posted:

the new MP Primal makes me wonder what the version of Beast Wars set on modern-day Earth with freaky genetic experiment Maximals and Predacons from the early toy bios would have been like.

I'm amazed Funpub never did anything with the concept

Actually that makes me think if they did another Transformers vs GI Joe style comic any time soon it should be between early toy continuity Beast Wars and the 90's era GI Joe stuff

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

I'm amazed Funpub never did anything with the concept

Actually that makes me think if they did another Transformers vs GI Joe style comic any time soon it should be between early toy continuity Beast Wars and the 90's era GI Joe stuff

That premise would mesh pretty well with the Eco Warriors subline GI Joe did back then.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Keldroc posted:

That premise would mesh pretty well with the Eco Warriors subline GI Joe did back then.

true, although I'll admit I was thinking more in regards to stuff like Sgt Savage & His Screaming Eagles or GI Joe Extreme(maybe sneak in some stuff from COPS and Inhumanoids as well);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjb-jwR79fA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXTDPX0lAQ

have a bit of a weakness for both of these as Sgt Savage was my first exposure to the GI Joe franchise, and one of the GI Joe Extreme figures was my first toy from the franchise(they may have been crap from an articulation point, but they had great sculpting)

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 13, 2017

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Speaking of GI Joe, did any of you order the Club "human" stuff or the newest crossover set? I kind of wanted the Dr Biggles Jones figure for my Cobra display, but wasn't in love with the other stuff in there.

I just did the figure subscription service for the GI Joe side for the first time this year. Wasn't going to, but my collection was in storage for a few years and I wasn't really buying much, it cost me a shitload to go back and get some of the subscription figures I missed and actually wanted to fill the gaps in my display. Figured ordering the whole set was the same as it would cost to get the "good" figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I like the toy deco a bunch better, but on the other hand I have the original kicking around somewhere. Signed by Garry Chalk.