Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Sega 32X posted:

Madcap Moss is 2 years older than AEW champ Adam Page and has been working with the WWE for more than 8 years, which coincidentally is how much older he is than Jungle Boy

"Young" stars

Edit: he's the same age as Nick Jackson, lol
Madcap Moss is on the younger end of Main Roster Guys you can imagine Vince pushing past the midcard (the people younger than him are Austin Theory, Dominik Mysterio, Mansoor, Humberto, Omos, Butch, Reggie, Angel, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, and MACE)

Meanwhile the only people younger than Madcap in AEW are Top Flight, Hook, Daniel Garcia, Jungle Boy, Private Party, Lee Johnson, Varsity Blonds, Alan Angels, Fuego del Sol, Sammy Guevara, MJF, Sonny Kiss, Lee Moriarty, Kip Sabian, Darby Allin, Adam Page, John Silver, Santana & Ortiz, Danhausen, the rear end Boys, Swerve, Rey Fenix, Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks, the Acclaimed, Andrade, and a few other lower card guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'd probably watch Impact more if I could ever remember when and where it airs. The commentary team was a big blocker for me because it was just so bad, but I know that's been revamped lately. Still have no idea when their shows are on.

Thursdays at 8e/7c on AXS, and it's got Tom Hannifan (Phillips in WWE) on commentary now instead of Striker, who is a monumental improvement. They're still in a small arena so it still feels fairly budget, but they have a working relationship with New Japan and all the title scenes are pretty hot right now.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They released Tom Phillips??? Christ almighty, dude was by far the Fed's best play-by-play announcer. Genuinely good for him that he's landed on his feet.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Venomous posted:

They released Tom Phillips??? Christ almighty, dude was by far the Fed's best play-by-play announcer. Genuinely good for him that he's landed on his feet.

Replacing Matt Striker with literally anyone (except for maybe that guy who did Heroes of Wrestling) would be a step up. Replacing him with someone who was able to be noticeably good at calling wrestling even with Vince screaming in his ear is legitimately the biggest W Impact has taken in years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1507458045156081667

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
truly, portraying captain insano in AEW will be paul wights lowest and most embarrassing moment of his pro wrestling career

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Captain Insano laughs so much he starts crying then Tony will double his billions overnight :hai:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

It's funny thinking of guys like Moss who are, like, fine and have a good look but are they better than dudes like uhhh Rob Conway or Sylvain Grenier? I don't know. I saw the clip of Regal/Tajiri winning in the tag titles from La Resistance and the way they sold the green mist had me hootin and hollerin. I don't know anymore. Bring back Doug Basham and the Swingman and Trevor Murdoch and Bam Neely and Ricky Ortiz and uhhh Paul Burchill

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Brent Albright who Gabe Sapolsky was in love with and pushed to the moon when WWE released him.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Gunner Scott

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Brent Albright who Gabe Sapolsky was in love with and pushed to the moon when WWE released him.

That push was worth it because it goes us those awesome matches with Morishima.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I felt Bam Neely and Ricky Ortiz both had a ton of untapped potential. Both lost the passion after the WWE run, which is totally understandable since that place kills you from the inside out.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/NYCDemonD1va/status/1499918372582174724

This aged extremely well in just three weeks. Finn is in the Andre and Ricochet got beaten twice in one night this week.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Venomous posted:

Tom was let go for being too tall.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MrBling posted:

Tom was let go for being too tall.

tom_squat.png

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/NYCDemonD1va/status/1499918372582174724

This aged extremely well in just three weeks. Finn is in the Andre and Ricochet got beaten twice in one night this week.

And neither are booked in either of the Mania nights (the Andre is SD)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Don't forget, Tom Philips was released so we could get two months of fun with Adnan Virk.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I dunno, nobody wants Tom Philips shoved down their throats.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/MondoBizarro83/status/1507527890191233024?s=20&t=mmQcNMxAfCNVCLVLOdR60w

that's right

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Confused by WWEGareth making sense.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Love that WWE has done this trope so much that it's gone past subversion, past cliche and into people not knowing how to do it any other way.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jesus, that's what the IC title looks like now? It looks like something you'd get by cashing in a bunch of Skee-Ball tickets.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

There's someone else in the replies being even more adamant. Unsurprisingly they are also openly racist, sexist, homophobic , pro-Russia and a Trumper.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

if you liked infrastructure week you'll love WRESTLEMANIA WEEK

https://twitter.com/NewsXero/status/1507689033966706696?s=20&t=dLkEpFzMSFiASejI3B6pfQ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1507763839860940816?t=07vPRk7bTylDdFB0Q5dHtw&s=19

The messiahs are losing faith.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm yes and actually Wrestlemania is a month long event, after all haven't you seen the next PPV is called Wrestlemania Backlash

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That jackass's picture has become so much lamer. Jericho was never that fat, and even if he was gently caress off, but now that Jericho lost a ton of weight it's just downright stupid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Like, they're not wrong exactly. Let's be honest, TUE are getting title shots soon in AEW after beating Jurassic Express and Page, and I'll be stunned if we don't get another Okada/Naito match out of today's New Japan Cup show. But the problem is WWE has this baffling mindset that the champion losing a nothing match, often a very short one, in a manner that makes said champ look like a doofus, is somehow effective.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hmm yes and actually Wrestlemania is a month long event, after all haven't you seen the next PPV is called Wrestlemania Backlash

Hell, why not have it year round

World Wrestlemania Entertainment

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Like, they're not wrong exactly. Let's be honest, TUE are getting title shots soon in AEW after beating Jurassic Express and Page

It's not really the same thing, Adam Cole didn't pin Hangman and reDRagon didn't pin Jungle Boy or Luchasaurus

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

What POSSIBLE other way could you build a contender for a title?? Use the rest of the roster?? Preposterous!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If only there was some kind of ranking system based on wins and losses.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I am pointing at the piece of paper with wrestlemania written on it that I just taped to the wall. I am wrestlemania.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hangman, Omega, and Moxley took a combined zero (0) pins while champion. Jericho only took one, and it was an upset by Scorpio Sky to pay off the "you'll never get a shot at this" story beat. Somehow AEW never had a problem building up consistent challengers for those guys.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lamuella posted:

If only there was some kind of ranking system based on wins and losses.

the aew ranking system is dogshit but a good version of it would be cool

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Benne posted:

Hangman, Omega, and Moxley took a combined zero (0) pins while champion. Jericho only took one, and it was an upset by Scorpio Sky to pay off the "you'll never get a shot at this" story beat. Somehow AEW never had a problem building up consistent challengers for those guys.

Omega got pinned by Christian to lose the Impact title during his reign.

Even still, it was done in a way that made sense for Kenny to lose there and furthered a story angle, it wasn't just random loss out of nowhere.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In my defense, most people forget about Impact these days

Anyway, what the hell is this guy on about?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

jackofarcades posted:

the aew ranking system is dogshit but a good version of it would be cool

It's dumb as balls, but still extremely good because it means there's a number in parentheses after every wrestler's name that means you absolutely can't get away with not protecting the wrestlers you intend to push.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Benne posted:

He's upset that none of our TonyBux are going his way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Benne posted:

In my defense, most people forget about Impact these days

It was on Rampage!

Anyway, Ringside News' social media person went nuclear this morning talking about how everyone steals from them and how they're so credible and how much they do for the industry.

https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1507672262408912901?s=20&t=9l8CskrJDiOOxdoabsjVLA
https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1507723462772731911?s=20&t=PK2Lmx1xiDWULoLe5MGNzQ

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/BMR0123/status/1507736013304705028?s=20&t=IHXDr4Lwsm0ARhpmvHy0_g