Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLAKEBUCK
Feb 23, 2004

Oh noes mommy!
I just finished a new video over at my site, BestDamnPodcastEver.com . It's a comedy gaming podcast with both audio and video content. The new video can be accessed here:

http://www.bestdamnpodcastever.com/videos/

In this video, one of my co-hosts and I play through Level 3 of Gears of War, providing humorous commentary on Gears, Cliffy B, and how much the other guys sucks.

I bring my video to the mercy of the SA forums for advice. While I think my videos and podcast are good, I still have a very small listener base. Even though I've been doing this particular show for nearly 6 months (I've been podcasating for over a year), my audience hasn't really grown. If my numbers don't go up soon, I may not be able to continue producing the show (bandwidth costs, time investment, etc).

So what can I do to get people to check out my show? I've tried Digg, MySpace, Facebook, forums (aka, this thread), and sending out press releases (whenever we have a guest on the show), but they never generate any buzz. Should I put up some ads on SA?

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!

BLAKEBUCK fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

I watched the first minute and, I'm sorry to be blunt, it was painfully unfunny. That might be your problem. A funny commentary while playing a game seems like a good enough idea, but it needs to be more than "hurr hurr look at me" and "gently caress you ""no, gently caress you!" between two friends.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Turned it off right at the CliffyB peanutbutter chocolate thing. Show some actually funny stuff, not the "hey look at my non-gamer friend and me the gamer play a game" things everybody already knows.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
that was loving horrible within 10 seconds

you aren't funny at all. seriously.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Ok I watched another couple of minutes and both of your voices are ear-piercingly annoying. Squealing like a girl is not comedy.

Johnny Cage
Sep 7, 2004

Doin' big things
Thanks for censoring all those curse words. I don't know what I would do if I heard them.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
That wasn't funny at all, sorry

king of crimson
Jul 23, 2001

by The Finn
Ugh. That was pure poo poo.

Beaver Patrol
Sep 25, 2005
That was the worst excuse for comedy I have ever seen. I can see why you have a small listener base.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday
That was absolutely terrible. I wish i could be more constructive but i honestly couldn't get past the first couple of minutes.

antihero
Oct 11, 2004

It sounds like you are just talking while watching a video, not dubbing for in-game voice effect if that's what you were shooting for.

EDIT: Brian Peppers?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Johnny Cage posted:

Thanks for censoring all those curse words. I don't know what I would do if I heard them.

He has to worry about mainstream appeal in case NBC or CBS picks this up.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Hanging out with friends is fun! Let's make a video.

king of crimson
Jul 23, 2001

by The Finn

antihero posted:

EDIT: Brian Peppers?

BAhahaha Hahahj alkrtaserg

Oh god I had to click.

free
Jul 22, 2001

Improvising is hard, use more structure if you are going for comedy.

Trembling Waif
Sep 23, 2000

BEST drat PODCAST EVER *GUITAR RIFF*

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I wanted to make sure this was as bad as everyone was making it out to be. It was.

Frostillicus
Jul 20, 2002
Jumping on the you suck :bandwagon:.

This is not funny.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Youtube refused to load the video past 2:15.

Thank god.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Wow, voted crap in less than 20 minutes, I have to watch this!

edit: this is really bad. I doubt anyone wants to listen to you and your friend while you play games.

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
Mods please move thread to http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=173

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Quit podcasting.

Jesus christ.

:pwnonk:

chimplo
May 7, 2003

BLAKEBUCK posted:

humorous commentary on Gears, Cliffy B, and how much the other guys sucks.

Sure, humorous to you and your friend, sure as hell not to me.

The whole thing is just painfully void of any content and structure. Try to actually think of interesting things to talk about... ridicule the plot, question the design of a level, laugh at its linearity, make an example of the dumb AI etc.

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
IF YOU DIE I'M GONNA PINCH YOU IN THE BUTT yeah that'd be gay

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
It's a shame it's so drat affordable to podcast something like this.

Banality should be financially painful.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Flint Paper posted:

Wow, voted crap in less than 20 minutes, I have to watch this!

"21 Votes: 1.00 Average"

:xd:

Rogaine Yoshi
Apr 10, 2006

by Ozma
55555555555 stealing submitting to sundance

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Everyone in this thread is stupider for having seen that. Good job.

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
Holy cunting christ, that was awful.

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
I made it about a minute in. Your annoying voice and the LOL GAY joke ended it for me.

Diamato
Jul 17, 2006

Everybody's got a price for the Million Dollar Man
Unfortunately (luckily?), it stopped loading after 25 seconds, but from the replies so far I probably haven't missed all that much.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
That was so terrible I think it gave me cancer.

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me
i wish i could vote this thread a black hole or something

BLAKEBUCK
Feb 23, 2004

Oh noes mommy!

giZm posted:

Turned it off right at the CliffyB peanutbutter chocolate thing. Show some actually funny stuff, not the "hey look at my non-gamer friend and me the gamer play a game" things everybody already knows.
Both of us are gamers, my "non-gamer friend" you are referring to actually works for Harmonix. Either way...

I guess it's just funnier to me and my buddies because we do the podcast, and there's a lot of references back to our show that people who aren't familiar with the show miss.

That or it just totally sucks rear end. Maybe check out some of the other videos on the page?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 30, 2006

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

BLAKEBUCK posted:

I bring my video to the mercy of the SA forums for advice. While I think my videos and podcast are good, I still have a very small listener base. Even though I've been doing this particular show for nearly 6 months (I've been podcasating for over a year), my audience hasn't really grown. If my numbers don't go up soon, I may not be able to continue producing the show (bandwidth costs, time investment, etc).

So what can I do to get people to check out my show? I've tried Digg, MySpace, Facebook, forums (aka, this thread), and sending out press releases (whenever we have a guest on the show), but they never generate any buzz. Should I put up some ads on SA?

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!

You could try being better at this sort of thing for starters.

Just because you think you're awesome and label your poo poo the "best ever", doesn't instantly make it true.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
even after reading the replys i clicked anyway. it somehow was even WORSE than i pictured it

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Jesus, lurk more.

edit: sorry but yeah, your show's going bye bye.

Beaver Patrol
Sep 25, 2005

BLAKEBUCK posted:

Both of us are gamers, my "non-gamer friend" you are referring to actually works for Harmonix. Either way...

I guess it's just funnier to me and my buddies because we do the podcast, and there's a lot of references back to our show that people who aren't familiar with the show miss.

That or it just totally sucks rear end. Maybe check out some of the other videos on the page?

So I can listen to more retarded poo poo? No thank you!

ps we all know the only person to vote other then 1 was you

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

BLAKEBUCK posted:

In this video, one of my co-hosts and I play through Level 3 of Gears of War

On top of everything already mentioned, that's Act 2. Not "Level 3" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chimplo
May 7, 2003

BLAKEBUCK posted:

If you are aiming to attract new listeners then surely this is the EXACT type of thing you want to avoid?