Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjP-xlw6U4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yes, your butt is an American horror story.

Ahahaha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I meant the show is butts.

Because the show is, in fact, butts.

Seriously it's awful. You wouldn't believe that watching the first two seasons, but it was like they wrote the entire script for the season over a weekend. It feels like a first draft.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah but you have terrible opinions about things so how do we know this is true

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
And so falls the hammer, like Mjolnir from Thor's hand onto the maw of Jormungard. You shall be missed most valiant of foes, and so I see you off to Valhalla, where the the true warrior goes.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Mystery Men is a pretty good movie, despite all individual parts of it being mostly terrible.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Thanks, everyone. I'm looking forward to working with my six remaining allies who decided to keep me in the game.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Shame, that. I'm watching season 4 of Dexter with my wife, brother, and his wife. What season does it start to fail?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2S8Yk13UM Good night sweet Ogre. I guess your time here really is... done.

By the way how did this last season of AHS end? I have heard divisive things.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

yeah but you have terrible opinions about things so how do we know this is true

She is correct and accurate here, though. Coven fails on every single metric, except perhaps "So Bad It's Good."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Mystery Men is a pretty good movie, despite all individual parts of it being mostly terrible.

william h macy pretty much saves that movie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

She is correct and accurate here, though. Coven fails on every single metric, except perhaps "So Bad It's Good."

see while people may say mean things about your ego i believe you because you have shown yourself to have good taste throughout this thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Uniballer posted:

Thanks, everyone. I'm looking forward to working with my six remaining allies who decided to keep me in the game.

Watch out Xylo, he's coming for you!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

By the way how did this last season of AHS end? I have heard divisive things.

I don't know how it was divisive. It was pretty awful on all counts.

Cordelia was the Supreme but trying to get her mommy's approval sapped her of her powers and gave it to the girls which is why they had so many powers. Then some of them die trying to do the 7 wonders, but it doesn't matter at all. Zoey's personal hell is Kyle breaking up with her over and over again. It's that stupid. Then after Cordelia becomes the supreme she holds a press conference talking about how witches need to come out of hiding because witches are born that way and it's not a choice and we're totally talking about witches and not any other group.

It's dumb as hell.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Shame, that. I'm watching season 4 of Dexter with my wife, brother, and his wife. What season does it start to fail?

immediately after Season 4. Seriously, quit now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is why i only watch good shows like sleepy hollow and the genius

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jng2058 posted:

:munch: after 4 you will be like "wow this show is great" but it's just a trap to make you watch four years of the absolute worst garbage imaginable :munch:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What a complete and total waste of people's time. That sounds godawful. Maybe Circus or whatever the next one is will actually end up being decent.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Hurt posted:

What a complete and total waste of people's time. That sounds godawful. Maybe Circus or whatever the next one is will actually end up being decent.

they should just do an alien/the thing rip off for a season
that would get me on board

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

see while people may say mean things about your ego i believe you because you have shown yourself to have good taste throughout this thread

My taste is that of the gourmand, of the refined expert. I understand all and see all. Also....

Asiina posted:

I don't know how it was divisive. It was pretty awful on all counts.

Cordelia was the Supreme but trying to get her mommy's approval sapped her of her powers and gave it to the girls which is why they had so many powers. Then some of them die trying to do the 7 wonders, but it doesn't matter at all. Zoey's personal hell is Kyle breaking up with her over and over again. It's that stupid. Then after Cordelia becomes the supreme she holds a press conference talking about how witches need to come out of hiding because witches are born that way and it's not a choice and we're totally talking about witches and not any other group.

It's dumb as hell.

lol is the only appropriate response to that. I stopped watching right before its winter hiatus, and I am increasingly glad I didn't return.

Fortunately, I have Archer and Spoils of Babylon to keep me occupied.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AHS in space could be cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been watching The Genius the last few days. It's pretty drat good. Although I hate Gura. I hate his stupid smug loving face. I hate how he ruins competitions and plans and every single episode where people want to work together he comes in and goes "you know you'll all have to kill each other."

Go home, jerk.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

drat, I guess Dexter goes right off a cliff. And it's locked in as our "late night while the kids are asleep" show too. :doh:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

The Thing rip-off you say?

I've only watched the first couple episodes of this one too. It's not great, but it has potential.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

That sounds like a way to ruin one of my favorite movies so yeah they should go for it. I wanna see the trainwreck.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
They're just TV shows, guys. Lighten up!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I've been watching The Genius the last few days. It's pretty drat good. Although I hate Gura. I hate his stupid smug loving face. I hate how he ruins competitions and plans and every single episode where people want to work together he comes in and goes "you know you'll all have to kill each other."

Go home, jerk.

He's no Sangmin, that's for drat sure

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Hurt posted:

That sounds like a way to ruin one of my favorite movies so yeah they should go for it. I wanna see the trainwreck.

x files did a really good the thing rip off in their first season
ice is probably one of my favorite episodes of that show

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really hope that AHS gets back on form for the next season.

There was also basically no horror. The scariest thing was the title sequence. I hope they get back to something a little scarier for the next season.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Uniballer posted:

They're just TV shows, guys. Lighten up!

I will fight you over those words! Television is our most important developing medium! Television is the now! Serialization is the way of the future! We stand on the very of an entertainment revolution and television is the Gaia, betraying the old Titans to stand beside the new media!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

gura, sangmin, jinho, and doohee have a new show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jft9oja7Cf0
hey asiina don't watch this until a few more episodes of the genius

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I like Jinho.

I have no idea how Sunggyu is still around though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sunggyu is amazing why do you have such bad opinions???

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Everyone talks about this Genius show, I suppose I should look into it eventually.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Meinberg posted:

I will fight you over those words! Television is our most important developing medium! Television is the now! Serialization is the way of the future! We stand on the very of an entertainment revolution and television is the Gaia, betraying the old Titans to stand beside the new media!

Can you just talk to me like a normal person for once? I hate you so much.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The power is up for grabs.

XyloJW, as outgoing Head of Household, you are ineligible to play in this competition. This competition is a very simple one. It's called the KnockOut! In this competition, two of you will square off, and be given a question about a competition. You will answer with Head of Household, Power of Veto, or Have/HaveNot. If you answer wrong, you are eliminated. If you answer correctly and first, the other person is eliminated, and you must name the next two people still in the game to compete. The first pair, selected at random, is Rarity and Asiina. Is everyone clear on the rules to this game?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Guess who's actually going to the Lunar New Year festival tonight... I hate letting other people plan things.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Guess who's actually going to the Lunar New Year festival tonight... I hate letting other people plan things.

This should be an extremely quick competition.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah I'm clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
yep

• Locked thread