Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
And I had 5 correct -- not 4, Cena :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I had reached a point where I had four different possible answers, but had yet to begin doing any of the image editing, which takes forever for me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was still compiling answers. Honestly, I think I would have been screwed no matter what. I was so slow compared to the last image editing one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok guys, here's the deal. Tomorrow I'm going to have to make a decision between two people who I've come to consider friends over the course of this game. Not only have I had a great time playing with both of you, I know that I wouldn't have made it to the final 4 without either of you. Asiina, Meinberg, I really value the friendship that I've shared with you guys and I don't want to ruin it by having our final day in this game with one of you to turn into a hot mess of backbiting, manipulating and gameplaying. That's why I'm going to ask you guys not to talk about this choice with me. If you want to say anything that you think could effect my decision then please PM me, I promise I will read anything and give it fair consideration. I hope you guys can appreciate how hard it will be to choose between the two of you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ok guys, here's the deal. Tomorrow I'm going to have to make a decision between two people who I've come to consider friends over the course of this game. Not only have I had a great time playing with both of you, I know that I wouldn't have made it to the final 4 without either of you. Asiina, Meinberg, I really value the friendship that I've shared with you guys and I don't want to ruin it by having our final day in this game with one of you to turn into a hot mess of backbiting, manipulating and gameplaying. That's why I'm going to ask you guys not to talk about this choice with me. If you want to say anything that you think could effect my decision then please PM me, I promise I will read anything and give it fair consideration. I hope you guys can appreciate how hard it will be to choose between the two of you.

Fair enough.

I promise, sincerely and actually, that I won't be bitter. Make the decision that you think is best.

Let's be cool until then, though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This is the final Power of Veto meeting. As usual, we will give both nominees a moment to convince Rarity if she is to use the Power of Veto. After that time passes, I will ask Rarity her decision. After she renders her decision, we will then move to the eviction ceremony. Meinberg, Asiina, the floor is yours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Do what you're gonna do, I guess.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What happens is what shall happen. The circle turns.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright, Rarity, what is your decision regarding the Power of Veto?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

John Cena posted:

Alright, Rarity, what is your decision regarding the Power of Veto?

I wish I could use it but we all know I can't

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I wish I could use it but we all know I can't

Rarity has chosen not to use the Power of Veto, the nominations will stay in place. Eviction will occur in roughly 5 minutes, I'll give you guys that much time to talk things out of thread if you so wish.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eviction 10

It's time for the final Eviction. Meinberg, Asiina, this is the time to make your final pleas, as Rarity will be the only one voting. You each only get one post, so make it count. After both posts have been made, Rarity, in this thread, you will name who you wish to evict, at which point they will only have a few moments to say goodbye, and walk out the front door.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Do what you're gonna do, I guess.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It has been a long road, and each step grows heavier as the weight of endings lays upon us. Tonight only three march forward. Soon, only two will be left on the path.

Then shall be one.

Do what it takes, Rarity, and know that I'll do my share of the walking if you let me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity, the time is now. Who do you choose to evict?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I vote to evict Asiina :/

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Asiina, I just need to make it official, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother Household.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A rat and snake speech comes to mind, but really it's been a blast. Enjoy your totally-not-an-endurance challenge. I will be having super fun times playing dota and crying all over my keyboard.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You'll be missed, Asiina. Things grow dread and silent within the halls of the house.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is Uni even here for the HOH challenge?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The final HOH challenge will begin at 7:00PM. Everyone prepare, this will be a long one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

John Cena posted:

The final HOH challenge will begin at 7:00PM. Everyone prepare, this will be a long one.

I really hope two of us fall asleep in 30 mins or something, just so it fails to live up to the hype :D

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Clowns to the left of me.

Jokers to the right.

Here I am. Stuck in the Middle.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Hey, I'm here now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For the last time, the power is up for grabs. The final Head of Household competition is not one, not two, but three different legs. Here is how this format is going to work.

All three of you will compete in the first leg tonight. The winner of tonight's challenge will advance directly to the finals. The other two players, will compete in the second leg tomorrow night. The winner of that leg will then join the winner of the first leg in the finals on Sunday evening. After the final part concludes and the final HOH is crowned, that person will make the final eviction, guaranteeing themselves a spot in the final two and a chance at the $50, or in Rarity's case, $75 amazon.com prize.

In this first leg, we've seen that you guys like to chat. So that is precisely what we will do. This first part is known as "Fill a Busta". All three of you will be required to make a post every 5 minutes. You can post in frequencies faster than that, but you must make one post at most 5 minutes apart from your last one. Any longer, and you are eliminated from this competition.

SPECIFIC RULES, READ ME. REALLY, READ THE BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT READ THE BELOW, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ELIMINATION
  • Spelling and end punctuation will count. Don't be pedantic about color or colour, all three forms of English are acceptable here.
  • You cannot plagiarize, not even paraphrasingly or partially. You need to be making one hundred percent original thoughts here. This includes not being allowed to take a post you made earlier and changing words around.
  • You will be required to post about certain subjects during each hour, individual to you and in this thread. I want you to post your thoughts, opinions, concerns, interests, etc about each subject. When I or another mod issues a subject change, if your post on a prior subject accidentally spills over into the new subject, that is okay. We're not sadists after all.
  • No quoting allowed at all.
  • As usual, no out of thread communication is permitted.
  • Spectators, please refrain from posting during this competition.

This competition will officially start when I give you three your subjects of discussion. TAKE THIS TIME TO READ THE RULES UP AND DOWN, VERY CAREFULLY.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

UNIBALLER: YOUR SUBJECT OF THE HOUR IS The Sega Genesis/SNES Console Wars of the 90s

MEINBERG: YOUR SUBJECT OF THE HOUR IS Comic Books being turned into Blockbuster Movies

RARITY: YOUR SUBJECT OF THE HOUR IS Social Media Communities such as Twitter or Tumblr

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Your countdown to post officially begins now. Posts made before this one are forgiven.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tumblr is a gift from God.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Let us begin.

Perhaps the most visible of all comic book turned blockbuster is the Christopher Nolan Batman series.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

As a kid growing up, I owned a Sega Genesis.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The beauty of social networking is that by logging your followers, popularity is given a measurable metric.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Some say that Nolan's movies really have made the comic book mainstream, due to the high quality of the performances and cinematography.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

It felt like I was the only kid with a Sega. Everyone I knew had a Super Nintendo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
With the rise of Tumblr, I can now quote posts on my dashboard to cover my lack of personality.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

That said, Batman is perhaps a bad model moving forward. Batman does not, in and of himself, bend the laws of physics or include elements of speculative fiction.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Although the two consoles were competing, I never felt like I had a particular allegiance to either one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The people of Tumblr are a diverse lot, each with their own special qualities.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Instead, I believe that the Avengers movie is really the place to look, in terms of seeing how Hollywood and the consumer market has reacted to the emergence of the comic book movie.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

The first game I owned was Sonic the Hedgehog which was Sega's answer to the Mario franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The social justice workers are a suspicious lot, ready to jump on any perceived slight.

• Locked thread