Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Still, they wandered the desolate plains of Mars. There weren't even any Mars Trees! But the empty solitude was a welcome respite from the chaos of both the moon and earth. It was quiet and calm, and for a time, Fredrick found himself at peace. He felt everything slip away, descend into the blissful embrace of oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm trying to work out what Jeremy's favourite drink is. Something old fashioned and sophisticated, no doubt. I don't think it's scotch and I'm sure it's not whiskey. Oh, I got it. It's Bourbon, you pretentious knob.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

"There is nothing," said Fredrick. "Nothing is this entire empty place."

"There never was anything," said a voice. "This is all the delusions of a mad man. You have no substance, no reality. There is no grounding."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You know what? I've got something to say to you,Jeremy. I'm tired of looking at your stupid face and your stupid hat and your stupid moustache. Go away.

Yet still there is no subject change.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The voice continued, "The maker breathed onto clay and shaped you. He fashioned you into a little toy soldier. And he sent you to fight his wars. But the maker is nothing but a child. He is a boy trying to be a man and trying to ape his betters."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I take it all back. I have seen the light, Jeremy. You inspire me! My hero, my leader, my captain! I will see this out to the end.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
*exaggerated yawn* I've been asleep this whole time. Did I miss anything? My fingers are all rested now, though, so there's that.

SUBJECT CHANGE !

YOUR NEW SUBJECTS

MEINBERG: A day in the life of Chenbot.

RARITY: A day in the life of Zingbot.

I'm sure you both remember those two rascals from their appearances earlier in the thread! Five dollar foot long sentences per post, please.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Fredrick shook his head. He refused to believe. "No," he cried to the heavens. "I refuse to believe your words!"

"And yet," said the voice. "Even your rebellion is childish and ineffectual."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Zingbot is by far the best of all the robots. Just one day for him equates to any other robots entire life. Let me tell you about the hookers, let me tell you about the blow. But that happy facade his a painful secret. All will be revealed tonight.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chenbot awoke. "But first," her electronic voice echoed out over the plains. She checked her hair: perfect as always. She strode forth to her control room. There waited the robo-servitors who constantly watched the streams.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Zingbot's day begins as any other robot's. He wakes up in his bed made of gold, covered in a big pile of money. Despite his success Zingbot remains grounded. He only orders three hookers a night. No more than the normal amount.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Go to bed Rarity. I'll see you Sunday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Go to bed Rarity. I'll see you Sunday.

Are you conceding?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

John Cena posted:

Are you conceding?

I am conceding.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh, thank gently caress.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Meinberg posted:

I am conceding.

Rarity wins Part One. We'll hold part two tomorrow night. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as this one did. Let us all take a moment to marvel at the fact that in a competition that is literally who can shut up the least, Meinberg still failed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But seriously, well played Meinberg. That was so loving rough. You pushed me to the limit.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Seven god forsaken hours. Well fought, Rarity. Well fought.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm not even that tired, like sleepy. I'm mentally fried.

Also, I need some food.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So now that it's over, let me tell you the story of my ankle. At about 4:20 I realised I could open my bedroom window, jump outside and smoke while still posting through the window. I live on the ground floor so it was a great plan. Only problem was that the ground dips sharp at the edge of the building and it was pitch black. So I jump down, don't expect such a long drop and end up rolling my ankle hardcore. I spend the next 10 minutes with my head swimming, my ankle killing me, my vision blurred and feeling like I want to throw up. And I still kept up posting even though it took me ages just to type the words right. And then my head gets so hosed up that I just fall backwards onto my back without warning or control. Which was really a good thing coz the pain jolted my head back to normal. And then I hauled myself back up and kept posting. This challenge was loving nuts.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You are a crazy woman, Rarity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

You are a crazy woman, Rarity.

It is known.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm reviewing things with mods, but something was brought to our attention about the competition, we are going to make an official ruling/announcement soon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Here's what happened.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Surprise SUBJECT CHANGE !

YOUR NEW SUBJECTS

MEINBERG: Terrifying moments from your childhood. They need not be true. In fact, it's probably better if they're not.

RARITY: Congratulations! You've won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry! Deliver a Nobel acceptance speech in which you explain to all those old nerdos that flight is a better superpower than invisibility.

We're now up to a five sentence minimum. I'm sure it will stop rising eventually.

This post was made at :49, at the bottom of the page. but AHM immediately on the next page posted a disclaimer

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I posted on the last page! I'm posting again so you don't miss it! That would be a shame!

Rarity posted:

Son of a bitch! He managed to escape! What is he, Houidini? I think I'm moving to Alaska.

Rarity made this old topic spillover post at :51, which is fine. After this post, the disclaimer from AHM would have been visible to her, and she should have gone to check the new subject. However, she stayed on the old subect for three more posts. One more would have been arguable, but three, without seeing the disclaimer, at that point is at the player's responsibility. Should I not DQ her for those posts and just invalidate all off-topic posts after the first one, her first on-topic post

Rarity posted:

I've won the Nobel Prize! Who knew? Who would have thought that I, a humble B-grade chemistry student, could ever have got this far? I must admit, it was more luck than skill. Let me explain to you, my fellow scholars, how it happened.

(Ugh, the subject change was last post on the previous page. I missed it)

doesn't occur until :57, which is six minutes later.

Rarity, I'm really sorry, I am, but I have to reverse the decision here :(

Meinberg advances to the finals.

Rarity, you will still have a shot to make it there tonight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Because of this turn of events, and to give everyone time to adequately prepare, I'm moving the challenge to tomorrow at 6:00pm.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I was definitely confused that Rarity kept going for so long after the subject change, in spite of the reminder of subject change.

That said, I don't mind that she won in the end. If this decision is still open to mediation, I am perfectly willing to have Rarity advance and have me challenge Uniballer today or tomorrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For gently caress's sake, I was in so much pain I could barely focus. When I replied it went straight to the next page and it was all I could do just to get type sentences into a reply. I was too out of it to notice. gently caress everything.

gently caress it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

After conferring with the rest of the staff based on A HUNGRY MOUTH making a ruling himself during the challenge, and Meinberg's wishes, and other extenuating circumstances, we have decided to go ahead and award the competition to Rarity.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I want to go ahead and apologize to everyone—contestants, viewers, and mods—for the messy resolution. That was one hell of an endurance challenge and I don't want it to be remembered as a fiasco. Robin Williams deserves better.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey Meinberg, what do you say instead we just redo the whole competition tonight? :v:

Ok, I guess I should say something serious. I know Meinberg felt lovely about being rewarded the win and now I feel lovely about being rewarded the win. I'm sorry that my idiotic desire to have a smoke has caused a whole load of bad feelings for all of us. Thank you to the game mods for giving the whole matter full consideration and best of luck to both Meinberg and Uni in tomorrow's competition. I know you're both going to bring it hard.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I am perfectly happy with this resolution, and I am going to take Uniballer down tomorrow, with my mad skills.

And let's be honest, Rarity played the hell out of that challenge.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope Asiina is still getting an A HUNGRY MOUTH pic :ohdear:

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
This video is dedicated to Asiina's mom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEkuqv1V4n4

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The hour of decision draws closer. Soon, soon we will meet in glorious battle and only one of us will walk away.

Are you prepared, Uniballer? You had best be.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
As long as you and Cena are okay with moving the competition to 6:30, I'll be ready, ya BITCH.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Uniballer posted:

As long as you and Cena are okay with moving the competition to 6:30, I'll be ready, ya BITCH.

This is individual based so I can start you at 6:30 if you so wish. Meinberg, are you ready now?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

As ready as I'm going to get.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This is the beginning of Part Two of the HOH Competition. I have supplied a 10x10 grid below. This challenge will be a time trial. Invited to a separate document, the player will be guessing coordinates to uncover halves of a player's avatar. The goal is for the player to uncover all of the halves of each prior evicted houseguest through guesswork in the doc, and when the player has collected all 22 halves, they will in order from earliest evicted post the avatars in full. It is up to them to supply the avatars themselves. Winner of this challenge advances to the finals against Rarity. As usual, no out of thread communication or collusion is permitted.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This post is incorrect. Clock will continue to run.

• Locked thread