Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Have-Nots cannot receive communications. Like I mentioned, they're essentially quarantined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's now time for the FIRST Power of Veto Competition.

This competition will test your mettle and your vocabulary.

Below is a field of eggs. You each have your own field, but the fields are identical. Each round, you will call for the coordinates of an egg. Inside these eggs will be either a letter of the alphabet, nothing, or if you're lucky, one have-not pass that exempts you from being a future Have-Not for one week. Your goal is to before the time limit, collect enough letters to form a word. You will want to submit this word either by PM or posting it in the thread. Houseguest with the longest word wins. If anyone ties, we go to a tie-breaker. Houseguests ready?

Begin!

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 14, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You have to wait for me to respond before guessing again. Otherwise, those additional guesses will be ignored.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

New system, we're gonna do this in rounds, rarity is gonna be round keeper. Everyone goes once per round, new round starts when I confirm in the thread I sent everyone their letters.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kontour posted:

So are we starting again?

A1

no we're still going, old selections are still as taken, just changing the format in which we do it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Round 2.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thread-Readers, please don't send me pm's for vista access during challenges.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Round 3. Due to the turmoil, i'm extending the deadline by 10 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

New round.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

Will there be a last round at some point? or will it just keep going until times up?

Until time's up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

New round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

Id like to claim my word now. Shotguns cya guys

You're on the bench, lets see if that works.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

New round.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

What happens in the event of a tie?

There's a tiebreaker obv.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

lol wait, I am out for making a joke?

okay, just this once im letting you continue, but this is a rule for the rest of the season

NO JOKE SUBMISSIONS. EVER. DOING SO RESULTS IN IMMEDIATE DQ FOR THE CHALLENGE.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Time-Out, time limit being extended to 9:30.

JakeP posted:

I missed three rounds already. Figured this was a game and we could have fun. I'll just self evict

You can, it's just during timed challenges such as these, I'm mostly working on my own, and theres a lot of people unfamiliar with TG who play, and get confused when joke answers are thrown around. I have a co-mod running things who told me you had submitted an answer, this resulted in me closing the tab I had your PM box open in. You're free to have fun and goof around, just a little tact and understanding in why we need some rules in place is all I ask.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 8, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Game back on, jakeP still in it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Submitting word "jape"

submission taken, have a seat on the bench.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Toadsmash has submitted a word, he's on the bench now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

Im legit done my word is Afraid
Answer accepted, go take a seat.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

next round

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LESS THAN TWO MINUTES FOR KONTOUR AND VESKIT TO SUBMIT A WORD

Hurt's word has been accepted, he'll take a seat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We have a tie. Kontour has submitted safetying, which is 9 letters, and is indeed confirmed as a transitive verb by Merriam-Webster.

Dr. Hurt has submitted Stoccados, which is also a valid word.

Here is our tie-breaker. You have ONE MINUTE to answer it. Are you ready?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay. Here is your tiebreaker. How many individual posters were made fun of in the Have/Have Not competition?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

12 is exactly correct! Dr.Hurt, you have won the power of Veto.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power of Veto meeting will be held tomorrow at 6:00PM. Only people that need to be present are the HOH, Veto Holder, and the incumbent Nominees. So Hurt, Veskit, and Kontour, need you dudes around for tomorrow.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fireWARKs, are you still here?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It is now time for the live veto meeting.

Dr. Hurt, please rise.

I want to use this time to give both nominees, Veskit and Kontour a chance to plead their case. They only have one minute to do so. After that one minute, it will be up to Dr. Hurt if he wishes to use the Power of Veto.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright, they had their chance to plead their case. Dr. Hurt, do you wish to use the Power of Veto?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

I will be using my power of veto on Veskit.

Veskit, you have been removed from the chopping block. Dr.Hurt, as one of your nominees has just been vetoed, you must now name a replacement nominee.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

I will nominate FireWARKs for eviction.

FireWARKs, join Kontour on the hotseat.

This veto ceremony is adjourned.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The live Eviction Ceremony & Head of Household competition will be held tomorrow night at 9:00PM. Everybody must attend.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pinterest Mom is now on Confessionals Duty! Send all confessionals to him! :buddy:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I forget, is tonight a Confessionals day or not?

i deleted all the confessionals i got yesterday without reading them due to the challenge, so Yes it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Veskit posted:

I'm lame and get confused often. Could you please put the confessional days in the OP? It'd help out a lot. Thanks in advance!

i did like two days ago

• Locked thread