Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
How big is the file so far with all these wallpapers in them? Zipped/Rared after all, because I have 3 Comcast accounts with 20mbs of space each, and as far as I know there is no bandwidth limit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Cojones
Jul 11, 2001
Here's another request for more Metal Slug 1/2 wallpapers. Great stuff so far everyone.

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:
How big is the file so far with all these wallpapers in them? Zipped/Rared after all, because I have 3 Comcast accounts with 20mbs of space each, and as far as I know there is no bandwidth limit.

Rar'ed using best compression I end up with HOLY poo poo 25.9mb!

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Well...hmm. If you can split it into 19mb chunks I'll upload to my webspace. Don't think we'll be hitting 60mbs anytime soon, so we should be okay. But I guess we should wait until this thread starts dieing down, than we can create a new post with them all backed up.

My contact info is inside my profile, pop me off an email when you feel that you won't be getting any more submissions into this thread.

----------------

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax
I'll post em all on http://wallpapers.adtrw.org this wensday.it's gonna be a BIIIIIIG update.

----------------

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.
To help you and everyone else out, netlon sntinel offered to host the final RAR file. I'll upload it once things quiet down, no need to post it all right now with everyone still doing way cool stuff.

Verisan
Sep 3, 2000
Terranigma coming up, if you guys have any levels you want done, post 'em here.

I love this thread.

Captain Tram
Mar 11, 2001

I LOST MY V-CARD UNDER A TREE
I'd love to do zeal, but i need a savestate. AIM: CaptainTram

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

quote:

Marshall Banana came out of the closet to say:
I'll post em all on http://wallpapers.adtrw.org this wensday.it's gonna be a BIIIIIIG update.

[sarcasm]Is the content of your site in any way related to your custom title text?[/sarcasm]

Edit: Bookmarked ... for later use:ninja:

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

Macbeth came out of the closet to say:
[sarcasm]Is the content of your site in any way related to your custom title text?[/sarcasm]
[sarcasm]Of course[/sarcasm] not

----------------

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

Would it be a good idea to put a small 48x48 watercolor SA logo in the bottom right hand corner of all the wallpapers?

Bitch-Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
Fun Shoe
Someone requested Ninja Gaiden a couple of pages back, so here it is. I had/played the SMS version - not sure if it is too different to other versions.

1600x1200: http://www.eclectical.net/sa/ninjag1600x1200.png
1280x1024: http://www.eclectical.net/sa/ninjag1280x1024.png

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Oh. My. God. Super Metroid maps for my wallpapers... YES!

I'd like to put in a request for Tourain, if possible...

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

Would it be a good idea to put a small 48x48 watercolor SA logo in the bottom right hand corner of all the wallpapers?
In this case, sure.

----------------

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

polygon_monkey came out of the closet to say:
Tommorow I would like to code up a quick page for this. I mean I'll try get a simple user reg/entry display thing going in php and sql with a simple look until I come back and css it up.

Would this be a good idea?

I could probably register a domain and host it as well...hopefully.
I was considering doing this, but you're probably a lot more likely to actually do it. Implement a rating system ;)

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
Ah, poo poo! I had to leave for a bit with my computer off. I just updated my post and I've gone over the 12,000 char limit! I had to chop out most of my message at the top and I don't have much more room to update! :(

Well drat, you guys are doing awesome at this, sorry I didn't update it sooner.

Make a new post, and put a link in the first post to the next one that includes even more wallpapers. Sure it'll be spread out but as long as you just toss the URL's in them to each update, it's all good.

Mercury
Apr 6, 2002

*honk*
These are THE greatest wallpapers ever created, bar none.
I'll take none of that abstract photoshop filter poo poo, this is the way to go for me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

God, wow, those are EXCELLENT. I'll have awesome backgrounds til the end of the year with this thread, whoazers.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

quote:

Dillinger came out of the closet to say:

Make a new post, and put a link in the first post to the next one that includes even more wallpapers. Sure it'll be spread out but as long as you just toss the URL's in them to each update, it's all good.

A cool idea: Pov can get in touch with the second poster of this thread so that he/she can "host" some of his text, preferably something that pov will not change.
Or he can remove one - from a <--, i'm sure that will give him some more space.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Oh man, please don't ruin these works of art with watermarks. This is all vintage pixel art. Any ruining of the simple shades destroys the picture.

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
Here is a SMB3 one, end of level, this time:

1600x1200: http://pages.infinit.net/demonlrd/images/SMB3-Wallpaper-Large.png

Deadbeat
Apr 8, 2003

2 ideas for wallpapers i would love to see: Shinobi & Strider. (arcade versions of course)

Great thread! :D

MoodyAllen
Jul 2, 2000

quote:

Demon Lord came out of the closet to say:
This wallpaper wins. So simple, yet works out so drat well.

quote:

Deadbeat came out of the closet to say:
2 ideas for wallpapers i would love to see: Shinobi & Strider. (arcade versions of course)

Great thread! :D
I'll see what I can do. Strider is a perfect choice for a wallpaper. Bionic Commando to a lesser extent...

I need a pretty vertical shooter to make wallpapers out of. Any suggestions? Space Invaders may look good... Trog might rock pretty hard, too.

MO66764

MoodyAllen fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 22, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Chrono Trigger - Zeal

PSD available upon request.
The cloud background is rather "busy" and it doesn't offer an opportunity to put the characters in. I prefer End of Time, but Zeal is just drat cool and needed its due :)

Luckily enough, even though I couldn't get the left side of the left island or the right side of the right one, the developers apparently got lazy and used the same island drawing for both. Huzzah!

Enjoy!

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 22, 2003

reethaxor
Apr 26, 2002

Where's that fucking marble?
Jesus, every time I look at this thread I get a hard-on.

A big hard-on.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Eh.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

Edit: My post is on page 15.

Macbeth fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 22, 2003

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

quote:

Erebus came out of the closet to say:
Eh.

http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/Erebus/pilotwings-level-8.png
COOL. :megamon:

5 for PilotWings lovin'.

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality
Needs more Donkey Kong Country up in this house.

This is what I've got so far, going to take a while to cut out all the base background and layer the more detailed ones back in, but the result should be sweet.

*NOT COMPLETED* (500k) http://dan.ausgamers.com/sa/dkctest.gif

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

quote:

MoodyAllen came out of the closet to say:

I need a pretty vertical shooter to make wallpapers out of. Any suggestions? Space Invaders may look good... Trog might rock pretty hard, too.

With MAME and some skill you can possibly make ones out of Cave shooters. They're amazingly pretty.

DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.De, Guwange, Dangun Feveron, etc.

I think I might try my hand at this tomrorow, with Shinobi III for Genesis. I have the game upstairs, I'll just hunt down a ROM and try this out. I loved that game and it's ultra pretty.

cmikesell
Mar 7, 2002

whale yes

quote:

reethaxor came out of the closet to say:
Jesus, every time I look at this thread I get a hard-on.

A big hard-on.

I get two of them. If PovRayMan were to appear in my room, I would stick my penis in his ear.

twice

This thread wins. There is no one background that is better than another. Even the games I hate's background are sex times two.

Thank you all for making these.

To those of you below my post. Thank you too, I have faith and confidence that whatever you guys make is going to rule.

I'll help torrent when the time comes, although, I reccommend when someone does make a "final" rar, they name it something like "videogame wallpapers 01.rar" because there will be an 02 and 03 and 04 and 05 and so on. There's 8,000+ NES games :ninja:

Gookzilla
Apr 3, 2003

Hate motivates

quote:

Axelay. But I think it's a motherfucker because of Mode 7 trickery. Maybe not every stage.

Macross is cool, but that's Mame.

This is a fantastic idea, boys. Keep up the good work.

min
May 12, 2001

Jesus christ some of these are absolutely amazing. I've downloaded at least 20 so far, keep up the great work guys. I might attempt to make one myself soon but I suck at photochopping. :(

lotuz
Feb 12, 2003

trance - fusion
Damnit, damnit, damnit that I got rid of my emulators in favor of dream inducer. I would sell my kidneys for a wall paper of the spaceship on the moon level of Ducktales or more FF3. Great work, fellas. You have skills of which I can only dream.

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

Any of the Twinbee games would rock. They're for SNES, and are japanese.

However, i know absoloutley no par codes for them.

----------------

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Hmm...could someone make a quick tutorial, or maybe a step-by-step way to do it, because i'm confused from what i've gathered, and i really, really want to contribute to this thread :(

twist540
Oct 2, 2002

You're not a freak, you're just stupid.

quote:

Demon Lord came out of the closet to say:

1600x1200: http://pages.infinit.net/demonlrd/images/SMB3-Wallpaper-Large.png

I noticed you scored the start. nice touch.

this is my background now.

im obsessed with radiohead like manson was obsessed with the beatles.

JimmyJARS
Jan 11, 2003

by LARS FATTINGTON

quote:

Zombie #246 came out of the closet to say:
Hmm...could someone make a quick tutorial, or maybe a step-by-step way to do it, because i'm confused from what i've gathered, and i really, really want to contribute to this thread :(
bunch of screenshots + put them together in photoshop.

----------------

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality

quote:

JimmyJARS came out of the closet to say:

bunch of screenshots + put them together in photoshop.

That's pretty much it.
Some things that make it easier:

*Disable sprites and various background layers (the number keys 1,2,3,4 & 5 in ZSNES).

*Google for some gameshark/gamegenie whatever cheats that will make it easier to collect the screens you need.
Invincibility, Unlimited Time, Super Jump etc. Or you could just use your own mad skillz.

*Patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I love you all...but this really needs more Super Metroid love...please?

What?