Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.

This thread is way :cool:

Updated links and added one to that wallpaper changer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willikers!
May 12, 2001

Speaking of that wallpaper changer: it doesn't want to recognize most of these .png types. Is there an easier way to get it to, aside from opening them in Photoshop and resaving them as a different kind of .png or different extension altogether?

Because this thread rocks my socks and I want to rotate these things.

If I could only figure out that tsDesk Active Desktop doodle in conjunction I'd be set.

One of the best threads in AGES, brilliant work all around. I was thinking the overworld to Super Mario Brothers on Super Nintendo would lend itself pretty well, I'm thinking about giving that a shot if I find some time to try to get it working.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I was working on Moleville from Super Mario RPG and was wondering if anyone had a save right before entering Moleville for the first time? That way, I could put Bowser's army in. Other than that, it's almost finished.

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

quote:

Willikers! came out of the closet to say:
Speaking of that wallpaper changer: it doesn't want to recognize most of these .png types. Is there an easier way to get it to, aside from opening them in Photoshop and resaving them as a different kind of .png or different extension altogether?

updated first post

DWall added

Ancalagon
Aug 31, 2001

Er, sorry, I was a bit hasty in reccomending wallpaperchanger.de ... it works great, but is abysmally slow on bootup (~2 min) if you have an antivirus booting up as well. This is because of the program used to pack the .exe file.

To make it boot up in a timely manner, go to http://upx.sourceforge.net
and download the UPX unpacker (http://upx.sourceforge.net/download/upx124w.zip , only 140Kb). From a DOS prompt, run "upx -d c:\[path to wallpaper.exe]" to unpack the exe. Rename it back to "wallpaper.exe" from "wallpa~1.exe", and it should boot up in seconds now.

^^^ This looks more complicated than it is, it takes less that 5 min to do.

quote:

Willikers! came out of the closet to say:

Which files? All the .png ones I d/led work for me.

Edit: or you could check out the other program...

I like to hold fuzzy little animals and give them huggie-wuggies.

Ancalagon fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2003 around 02:56

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Hm. Don't know if I like it, but here's another SOTN one..

full 1600x1200 version

Ascoe
Apr 26, 2003

I'd love to see a Metal Slug 2 level done :]

tac0
Apr 19, 2001

would someone mind doing the fanatics' tower from ff3?

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality

Okay, I finally finished my DKC captures, I tried to do too much of the level not considering that it wouldnt fit.
I think the top one is the better of the two. If anyone would like an extension of the top one for dual montiors, say the word.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

quote:

Goreld came out of the closet to say:

full 1600x1200 version

Love.

Edit: Don't think we can't see your errors

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
alright, I'm going to try my hardest to get the mummy level of metalslug 2 done.

To help me out, I'd like to find out if I can do either "removing sprites" or if there's some sort of cheat for infinite life (meaning I won't die when getting hit).

this is winmame32.

PROTIP: Use Kawaks for its "Shot factory" where you can remove any goddamn sprite (be it d00ds or the background itself!) you want. It also makes the games pertyer with its funky filters.

Edit: It has cheats/Invulnerability as well.

Sock fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2003 around 03:27

Vorxnyx
Sep 4, 2002

they told me how to make this implant
they said it would make a better me of me

quote:

Goreld came out of the closet to say:

full 1600x1200 version

Well, we do like it. Amazing.

Haha, who else things that the Granfaloon or Beelzebub would make great wallpapers?

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST

Here's a collage I made (since I can't make a giant picture) of the first three pendants in LttP. It's not very great:

http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june0...-zeldalarge.PNG

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum

Fun Shoe

quote:

Toom came out of the closet to say:
another one. this was a bitch. waayy to much black on this level (and the foreground didn't help

click for 1600x1200

word.

one more jim. SNOT A PROBLEM baby.

Try stretching the background nebula instead of repeating it, I think it might look nice if you don't overdo it.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Sock came out of the closet to say:

PROTIP: Use Kawaks for its "Shot factory" where you can remove any goddamn sprite (be it d00ds or the background itself!) you want. It also makes the games pertyer with its funky filters.

Edit: It has cheats/Invulnerability as well.

...yikes I'm almost done with this one and I had to do a lot of touching up.

this will definitely help in the future. Thanks.

For the love of god, wait up for me. This will be worth it. Even though I'll have to put it on the backburner til after work tomorrow :(

preview:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toom
Apr 28, 2002

<3 babyducks

Snot a problem. dark green BG.

snot a problem, BLACK bg.

Also, changed the framing of New Junk City (and put Jim in it):

also, edited my peter puppy level:

Toom fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2003 around 07:11

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

quote:

Vorxnyx came out of the closet to say:

Well, we do like it. Amazing.

Haha, who else things that the Granfaloon or Beelzebub would make great wallpapers?

Me, cause I never got to see them.

Also, how big is the taskbar in Windows 98? I gotta edit these for my use with it until I get the initiative to install XP. Some of them look like crap when the entire bottom of it is covered.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Pitiable ass! I shall explain the error you have made, in words you will understand.

EDIT 2: Morphix has a point. Also I don't know how much bandwidth netfirms lets me have so I'd rather I don't approach that unseen limit.

oobey fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2003 around 05:33

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Ralp

It's looking good, but how about we stop posting links to previews and whatnot, or stuff that you'll be editing later anyway, it will help archival poo poo later on.

The small previews are cool, but I've noticed some people have edited their original wallpaper sevreal times.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum

Fun Shoe

quote:

Dillinger came out of the closet to say:

Me, cause I never got to see them.

Also, how big is the taskbar in Windows 98? I gotta edit these for my use with it until I get the initiative to install XP. Some of them look like crap when the entire bottom of it is covered.

Take a look at my SMB3 and Lion King screenshots for a clean way to make space for the taskbar. Once the bottom part is done, I move it 46 pixels up (ie.: the height of my KDE task bar, which is higher than Windows' ones) and fill the void with the bottom textures. This way, no matter how high the taskbar is, it still looks ok.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

I think the option of hiding one's taskbar is a small price to pay for these great backgrounds.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

But then I never get my IM's. My speakers are broken, I only wear headphones for music and games, and I'm also oblivious and forgetful.

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?

quote:

Demon Lord came out of the closet to say:

Take a look at my SMB3 and Lion King screenshots for a clean way to make space for the taskbar. Once the bottom part is done, I move it 46 pixels up (ie.: the height of my KDE task bar, which is higher than Windows' ones) and fill the void with the bottom textures. This way, no matter how high the taskbar is, it still looks ok.

Hmm... now that I think about it, I might go fix my Demon's Crest one for this. Not sure if just putting it on lowta.cx (again?) would be "okay" to do without deleting the old one, suggestions?

Araya
Jun 7, 2003

used one of povrayman's wallpapers (slightly tweaked) and added the tsDesk.42 for my desktop.. shrunk from 1024...

thanks pipebomb

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
For the love of god, wait up for me. This will be worth it. Even though I'll have to put it on the backburner til after work tomorrow

preview:

woah my god, that's gonna be nice. Doesnt that whole level rotate around? You must have more patience than me :p

Protip2: download save states to save time getting where you need to be Here's a cache of SNES ones I just stumbled on http://www.zophar.net/zsnes/archive/

Im about to attempt donkey kong coral capers, see you in 2 years

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?

Okay, I updated my Demon's Crest wallpaper, added the enemies, pillars, and the pot in, also made it more start menu friendly, anyone know what I should do about uploading another one to lowta.cx though?

Anyway, I'll get this up as soon as possible (if anyone wants to host it, or if i can get it on lowta.cx)

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

Ramrod XTreme

Edit: Ah, nevermind.

Phlag fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2003 around 05:10

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

Static_Fiend came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I updated my Demon's Crest wallpaper, added the enemies, pillars, and the pot in, also made it more start menu friendly, anyone know what I should do about uploading another one to lowta.cx though?

Anyway, I'll get this up as soon as possible (if anyone wants to host it, or if i can get it on lowta.cx)

I eagerly await this, I currently have that one as my wallpaper.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

I request a Final Fantasy 6 Full world map (pre-floating continent). If that's not doable because of all the freaking mode-7, then Lufia 2 would be awesome.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

Is this dead, finally dead?

I'm so ready to rar and upload.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

No way dude, that Metal Slug 2 wallpaper will probably be done tomororw night and it looks to be amazing.

tac0
Apr 19, 2001

Fanatics' Tower

241x2145
decided to give this one a try myself and it turned out pretty good so here yall go.

preview:

http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/tower5.jpg

thanks pipebomb

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

quote:

Saturn2K came out of the closet to say:
Is this dead, finally dead?

I'm so ready to rar and upload.

Lets give it until Wednesday.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

quote:

Sam Handwich came out of the closet to say:
I request a Final Fantasy 6 Full world map (pre-floating continent).

Working on it.

Fran Drescher
May 2, 2003

my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon

I praise God for you fine people. Thank you.

you just said "no gently caress u", a bunch of poo poo, and then "no u", without me saying anything in between

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

I'm working on a room from Super Metroid - Maridia.

Captain Tram
Mar 11, 2001

I LOST MY V-CARD UNDER A TREE

1600x1200

I was going to post the psd here, after I went to the trouble of commenting it and poo poo, but after I shrunk to make a preview, I clicked 'don't save' because I thought I'd saved it when i finished. That makes this the final draft, there's nothing i can really do about those towers now. That also makes me want to cry myself to sleep tonight. This was a tough project, and a tough break.

if anyone wants to try doctoring the towers somehow, i'd still be much obliged.

Psychosis
Jan 15, 2002

For something a little different, here's one from a classic Sierra game.

1024x768 version

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

^^ what is that I want to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
^^ what is that I want to play it

The Incredible Machine, or something to that effect. Dynamix/Sierra.

It came with my old P100. It was pretty damned fun. :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

«21 »