Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
J3anyus
Feb 13, 2003

Just did a Contra one. I know the black sky sucks, but I was sort of in a hurry since I did it at work. The fact that I did this on a 333MHz K6-2 laptop with Paint Shop Pro 7 and a TOUCHPAD proves that anyone who can put out a little bit of time and effort can make one of these.

Also, I did it at 1280x1024. 17" LCD FELLAS, REPRAZENT.

Here it is:
http://www.lowta.cx/upload/c/contra...y-1280x1024.png

Also mirrored at my server, try not to use this link unless you have to, as my server has very limited bandwidth:
http://www.hamburglar.org/contra-bl...y-1280x1024.png

J3anyus fucked around with this message at Jun 21, 2003 around 00:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeeter Green
Aug 15, 2001

24 strings

poo poo, those are really nice, I'm debating getting rid of Cage Fighting Lincoln finally :(

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.

quote:

Skeeter Green came out of the closet to say:
poo poo, those are really nice, I'm debating getting rid of Cage Fighting Lincoln finally :(

Nicolas Cage fighting Abraham Lincoln?

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Lock up your microwaves... SwearingScience is here!

I realize this may not be a request anybody wants to accommodate, but for those of us with multiple monitors would you consider making a full level version? I basically have 2560x960 (2 1280x960) to work with and it would be the coolest thing EVER if I had a whole mario 2 level spanning across. :cool:

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

quote:

Rura Penthe came out of the closet to say:
I realize this may not be a request anybody wants to accommodate, but for those of us with multiple monitors would you consider making a full level version? I basically have 2560x960 (2 1280x960) to work with and it would be the coolest thing EVER if I had a whole mario 2 level spanning across. :cool:

Hmmm ok, I'll see what I can do about continueing my current mario 2 wall into making it for two monitors sometime after dinner. Should be easier than doing a whole new one from scratch.

ninjakat
Feb 18, 2003
l337 ninja h4x0r

quote:

Der Polster came out of the closet to say:

How do you do that writing thing you do on the desktop?
I think that's called Samurize.

Skeeter Green
Aug 15, 2001

24 strings

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:

Nicolas Cage fighting Abraham Lincoln?

No to derail, but no, Lincoln cage fighting, the site's been posted a few times. It makes a great wallpaper.

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

quote:

Hmmm ok, I'll see what I can do about continueing my current mario 2 wall into making it for two monitors sometime after dinner. Should be easier than doing a whole new one from scratch.

You rule. Alternately if you enlarged the current images so the same amount of level was shown, just larger across two monitors, that would also be awesome (but probably more work unless you just scaled it up). :)

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

quote:

Skeeter Green came out of the closet to say:

Not to derail the thread, but i absolutely need to see this

Sister Fister
Nov 14, 2002

ALL THE WAY TO THE WRIST, YOU IGNORANT SLUT.

SO what do you do? Like take screen shots as you walk through the level?

Please tell me how to do this and i'll contribute!

povray, look here plz

Sister Fister fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2003 around 23:01

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

quote:

Rura Penthe came out of the closet to say:

You rule. Alternately if you enlarged the current images so the same amount of level was shown, just larger across two monitors, that would also be awesome (but probably more work unless you just scaled it up). :)

Hay dude, look at page 1 ;)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

It's called vaporwave. You know what aesthetic is, Morty? Didn't think so.

Fun Shoe

I don't think there are enough KRAD gifs for these.
so:

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2003 around 23:39

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

quote:

Bill_Brasky came out of the closet to say:
SO what do you do? Like take screen shots as you walk through the level?

Please tell me how to do this and i'll contribute!

01.) Setup emulator so by pressing a key you can take in game screenshots.
02.) Load rom
03.) run through level while taking screenshots of in game. (IMPORTANT: try to not over step areas, make sure you get a few shots in the same area so that you will have a continuing image EVEN IF IT OVERLAPS, that's OK!)
04.) Unload Rom, Quit emulator
05.) If physically stressed, get a drink of water.
06.) Load the FIRST screenshot in photoshop.
07.) Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
08.) Delete background layer
09.) Press button for new layer
10.) Resize CANVAS (not image)
11.) Pick your end resolution (1600x1200 is cool even though my monitor can't do it)
12.) If the terror alert goes to Orange, please stop what you're doing and be on hightened alert for possible terrorists.
13.) Start copy/pasting the images from the other screenshots (do it in order) into the main new photoshopping image
14.) Layer things over each other (Helps to turn opacity down to about 40%. You'll notice it's perfectly over lapping when you don't have any blur, but a clear solid overlap that's precise. If you have a game with a weird background that moves oddly from the foreground like most SNES games and SONIC the hedgehog, you're on your own for fixing that... Stick with Nes games for now, they don't do that)
15.) Continue moving and aligning layers of images so it continues to go to the right of the screen.
16.) Once done you can pick a color that matches the sky or so and then just fill it in with paintbucket
17.) I'm not sure if I covered all these last steps my dad just called me down for dinner. We're having Nathans hotdogs.

Hope this helps.

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

quote:

Hay dude, look at page 1 ;)

Oh hell yeah! You are the man.

impossible!
Sep 18, 2000

Sic semper tyrannis

quote:

Chemicalis came out of the closet to say:
chutwig told me how to get .pngs out in sh/sc and I found the .ico had 48x 32x and 16x in 24bit/256/16 colours. So, I have extracted the 48x48,32x32 and 16x16 ones to png in high colour only.
Get 'em here, folks: http://www.rit.edu/~avm7370/sa/SMB-png-highcol.zip

Knux
May 18, 2003

ask me about my cock ring

Holy crap, if someone could get the whole town of Onett (Earthbound Style) It'd be pretty sweet too. Or atleast one of the towns...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

It's called vaporwave. You know what aesthetic is, Morty? Didn't think so.

Fun Shoe

quote:

07.) use move tool (V) to drag one screenshot onto another
fixed for laziness. :keke:

Chemicalis
May 27, 2001

quote:

impossible! came out of the closet to say:
Get 'em here, folks: http://www.rit.edu/~avm7370/sa/SMB-png-highcol.zip

Thanks

I am just trying to work out why KDE 3.1 (in mandrake 9.1) will only allow me to set the icon for a full trash can (to pipe) but empty trash stays as a bin. Very odd.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

anyone know of a screenshot key for win32mame? Because if so Metal Slug would be :krad:

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?

Wow, these are great wallpapers, I'm finally going to get some variety for my wallpaper again.

Btw LurchDawg, default screenshot key in Mame32 is F12, good luck man :D

Maou
Apr 10, 2003

by Eris Is Goddess

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
anyone know of a screenshot key for win32mame? Because if so Metal Slug would be :krad:

I believe F12 does this.

I made up a quick one with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 for NES. A Streets Of Rage one would be killer, but that game has a lot of neon and bright colors in the background. Perhaps for later.

1600 X 1200 PNG file.

Sorry bout the straight black colour, but the top of the screen always has that black bar with info and TMNT logo in it. Hard to do something cool with.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/quax/16...20wallpaper.png

----------------

Sister Fister
Nov 14, 2002

ALL THE WAY TO THE WRIST, YOU IGNORANT SLUT.

quote:

01.) Setup emulator so by pressing a key you can take in game screenshots.
02.) Load rom
03.) run through level while taking screenshots of in game. (IMPORTANT: try to not over step areas, make sure you get a few shots in the same area so that you will have a continuing image EVEN IF IT OVERLAPS, that's OK!)
04.) Unload Rom, Quit emulator
05.) If physically stressed, get a drink of water.
06.) Load the FIRST screenshot in photoshop.
07.) Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
08.) Delete background layer
09.) Press button for new layer
10.) Resize CANVAS (not image)
11.) Pick your end resolution (1600x1200 is cool even though my monitor can't do it)
12.) If the terror alert goes to Orange, please stop what you're doing and be on hightened alert for possible terrorists.
13.) Start copy/pasting the images from the other screenshots (do it in order) into the main new photoshopping image
14.) Layer things over each other (Helps to turn opacity down to about 40%. You'll notice it's perfectly over lapping when you don't have any blur, but a clear solid overlap that's precise. If you have a game with a weird background that moves oddly from the foreground like most SNES games and SONIC the hedgehog, you're on your own for fixing that... Stick with Nes games for now, they don't do that)
15.) Continue moving and aligning layers of images so it continues to go to the right of the screen.
16.) Once done you can pick a color that matches the sky or so and then just fill it in with paintbucket
17.) I'm not sure if I covered all these last steps my dad just called me down for dinner. We're having Nathans hotdogs.

Hope this helps.

Thatll do, thanx baby :D

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 8, 2002

I collected all the base ones so far, and hosted them in a handy rar file. Will update as more are added, povray feel free to add this link to your post if you want.

http://www.nowebhere.com/woah/gamepaper.rar

dl away!

ps: I love these.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

can someone make a nice big one of Super Mario Brothers (the first one?)

"People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupefy themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy."
-Mikhail Aleksandrovich Bakunin

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Here's the whole level for SMB1 world 1-1, original NES graphics.

Feel free to crop it down to whatever size your desktop is.

Edit: fixed link

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

quote:

ninjakat came out of the closet to say:

I think that's called Samurize.

nope, it's called active desktop. There's a very long thread in SH/SC about it right now, go there to see how to do it all.

Nutball
Jan 28, 2003

higlight-y goodness... meow ^_^

Thanx duder. This is :cool:

pikacheney
Mar 14, 2002

I shall remember this moment: the silence, the twilight, the bowl of strawberries, the bowl of Xoo, and that chubby, chubby choona.

Whoa these are really loving cool. If only they were animated I would wet myself.

MoodyAllen
Jul 2, 2000

I just made one from Skykid Deluxe in 1600x1200. I don't know where I can upload this thing, though.

MO66764

J3anyus
Feb 13, 2003

quote:

MoodyAllen came out of the closet to say:
I just made one from Skykid Deluxe in 1600x1200. I don't know where I can upload this thing, though.

http://lowta.cx

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

It came.

Not to be an annoying nitpicking bastard, but one annoying, bastardly nitpick: in that particular SMB3 Big World level, you can fly or jump up from where the set of four clouds are and find a hidden area above to the left over the cascading pipes. And I feel the lack. :(

Chemicalis
May 27, 2001

1024x768

----------------

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 8, 2002

I just made a rygar one, not too great b/c the background moves at a different speed than the foreground

http://www.nowebhere.com/woah/rygar.png (1600x1200)

secular darwinism
Apr 19, 2003

Is this what you want them teaching your children?

quote:

Chemicalis came out of the closet to say:
[img]http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/Chemicalis_thsrnr.png[img]
1024x768

A HA HA HA AWESOME

Oh man, Snake Rattle n Roll background is mad :krad:

There are a lot of words in this thread but I think that every one beyond what I just said is superfluous.

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

drat you guys are doing awesome, I love the snake rattle roll perspective type 3/4 overhead, just like.... marble madness *wink wink* (that's up for anyone's grabs)

I just posted Mega Man 6 in purple goodness!

Rygar
Aug 25, 2002

Needs more me

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Okay, I have a Symphony of the Night one done, but my crappyhosting account got axed (I wasn't using it much, maybe it dies if you don't post a lot with it?)

Anyone have a way I can get this sucker up? The png is 272 kb, preview image is like 30k

edit: hrm maybe I'll check out pipebombs, I'll upload later

edit of edit: can't find the pipebomb image hosting thingy, anyone have a link?

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 8, 2002

quote:

Goreld came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I have a Symphony of the Night one done, but my crappyhosting account got axed (I wasn't using it much, maybe it dies if you don't post a lot with it?)

Anyone have a way I can get this sucker up? The png is 272 kb, preview image is like 30k

edit: hrm maybe I'll check out pipebombs, I'll upload later

edit of edit: can't find the pipebomb image hosting thingy, anyone have a link?

i'll host it and add it to the rar i linked above. email it to me at nowebher@nowebhere.com

loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

Hail to the Hamster King, Baby

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:

Which metal slug are you trying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

loatisaf came out of the closet to say:

Which metal slug are you trying?

just did ms1 level 1

ended up cutting it off right before the first helicopter.

preview is attached.

in both 1600x1200 and 1280x1024

hopefully you can't tell how loving much I had to touch up...

I have the entire level capped so if anyone wants to get the source, let me know, I can up it.

edit: gently caress I forgot space for the task bar... if anyone needs a touchup I can reup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurchington fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2003 around 03:05

«21 »