Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Screndib
May 12, 2001
Yeah, I'd string him along for a while, at least get the shipping address so you know for sure that it is in fact this professor guy and not somebody that just grabbed a random name out of the phone book. I'd say just seriously go along with it until you have more evidence then nail the jackass to a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!
Email sent!

Well that sounds ok to me! I was able to log onto your internet web site. (Which I must say looks very nice to me!)
I just had a few questions. . .

What should I use for a user name and password? I like to use the same thing for everything. Ebay, paypal, email. . . is that ok?
In your FAQ, I noticed that you can use the set-ltd.net services, and it does not have to be an “online” purchase. But if its not online, how do they get to your website?

Thank you!
Jeff

karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax
Oh god, please ask him about his strong digital defense. PLEASE

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

filo
Jan 27, 2004

run run run run run
:lol::lol:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jesus loving hell, it's obvious the person who wrote that email is not from the united states. Don't gently caress with whoever this professor is, it's not him, and you'll just be harrassing some innocent guy.

----------------

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 23, 2004

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!

quote:

karmaflux came out of the closet to say:
Oh god, please ask him about his strong digital defense. PLEASE

Next email; done, and done.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

evilweasel came out of the closet to say:
Jesus loving hell, it's obvious the person who wrote that email is not from anyone in the united states. Don't gently caress with whoever this professor is, it's not him, and you'll just be harrassing some innocent guy.

Well, he needs to at least let Professor Guy know that someone is using his name to register fraudulent escrow sites.

FunkyBunny
Apr 8, 2003
If I don't stop the whole jerk act, I will be banned. Please report me for being a jerk if I am acting like one.

quote:

Thanos came out of the closet to say:

Well, he needs to at least let Professor Guy know that someone is using his name to register fraudulent escrow sites.
Yes, but that can wait till after on the off chance that this professor is the dumbest person alive. I mean, for all we know, he could have brought this on himself.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

quote:

Jesus loving hell, it's obvious the person who wrote that email is not from the united states.
Yeah, cause everybody knows that everybody in the US speaks perfect english.

----------------

SweeneyTodd
May 30, 2002

Forums Barber
If he closes with the email listing the guy's name and his bosses' name, it will either (a) gently caress with him, or (b) let him know the jig is up and that you know he's guilty of identity theft. either way, he's just sending the email to the original address; it's not like he's calling the guy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Thenipwax came out of the closet to say:

Professors in the United States speak better english than whoever wrote that email.

----------------

karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax

quote:

Jesus loving hell, it's obvious the person who wrote that email is not from the united states. Don't gently caress with whoever this professor is, it's not him, and you'll just be harrassing some innocent guy.

Yeah, hey, if you'd've paid more attention, you'd've noticed the dude is living in Terre Haute AND he's from Thailand AT THE SAME TIME. How bout that? Damnedest thing.

edit:

quote:

Professors in the United States speak better english than whoever wrote that email.

Have you been to college? I can't remember ever having a Calc teacher I could understand.

----------------

DarkLotus
Sep 30, 2001

Lithium Hosting
Personal, Reseller & VPS Hosting
30-day no risk Free Trial &
90-days Money Back Guarantee!
Its always nice to see the power of the forums at work. Keep up the good work. Hopefully we can get this dipshit good.

Lithium Hosting - Reliable, Affordable, Feature Packed Web Hosting
The only hosting company to offer 30-day Free Trial on top of a 90-day money back guarantee!

Give Lithium DNS a try, it's free and easy to use!

AngryLogic
Feb 21, 2004
What type of email address is this coming from? If its not a hotmail/yahoo account and he's the real professor I'll bet you can track the email headers back to that schools mail server.

Even if you can't trace it back to the school if it is going through a non-free email server you can trace it back to the area of the world he's in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

quote:

Not ones who hail from Thailand. Read the man's profile.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Have you been to college? I can't remember ever having a Calc teacher I could understand.
Uh yeah, I'm in college. Even professors that arn't native english speakers tend to be able to speak the language better than the writer of that email.

quote:

CapnAndy came out of the closet to say:
Not ones who hail from Thailand. Read the man's profile.

quote:

Master’s degree in Interior Design from Iowa State University.
He's been over here for some time.

----------------

karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax

quote:

Uh yeah, I'm in college. Even professors that arn't native english speakers tend to be able to speak the language better than the writer of that email.

One of my circuitry teachers spoke no english. His TA was a translator.

----------------

FunkyBunny
Apr 8, 2003
If I don't stop the whole jerk act, I will be banned. Please report me for being a jerk if I am acting like one.

quote:

I disagree.

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!
Well, when I looked up the email address that came in on the "Question from ebay member," his ebay account returned ****

What's strange is his feedback -
**** 's feedback

Left by Date S/B
**** (37034) ) Apr-19-04 03:06 B
Praise : sehr schnelle Zahlung, vielen Dank! Besuchen Sie wieder https://www.copro-computer.com
**** (1103) ) Apr-10-04 01:41 B
Praise : schnelle Bezahlung, gerne wieder ,danke
**** (1274) )

All his feedback was left by him!

Overall profile makeup
261 positives. 230 are from unique users.
1 neutrals.
3 negatives. 3 are from unique users

Only 25 actuall feedback entries are viewable. Usually these people have pages of feedback entries! Perhaps it is not our professor.

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.

quote:

FunkyBunny came out of the closet to say:

I disagree.

I agree with your disagreement.

i do this out of total for you lololl

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Jeff, that makes no sense. Does he have three pieces of feedback, all left by himself, or 265? Or 25? And how does any of that make it not the professor?

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!
Look at this one he left for himself!

**** (367) ) Feb-16-04 04:51 B
Praise : ø¤ºTOPº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºEBAYERº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºSUPERº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºFAST¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºPAYMENTº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!

quote:

CapnAndy came out of the closet to say:
Jeff, that makes no sense. Does he have three pieces of feedback, all left by himself, or 265? Or 25? And how does any of that make it not the professor?

Well, I can always post the email address that came in as "Question from ebay member"
then you all can look it up yourselves and see what I'm talking about. I can't just post a link to his feedback page for some reason. Go ebay.

Anyone care to see?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
Look at this one he left for himself!

**** (367) ) Feb-16-04 04:51 B
Praise : ø¤ºTOPº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºEBAYERº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºSUPERº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºFAST¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºPAYMENTº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

What do you mean he left it for himself?

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
I'm in on the university profs do not have to speak or wrie english gud bus; I've had several who I could not understand at all. Passed the classes by reading the book many many times.

If you send that info to the department head you will probably rape this guy. Just be sure to tell the department head that you have also sent this to the local news station to investigate (so she can't clean it up quietly). Universities HATE it when they get their names in the paper like that.

And "masters in interior design"? good god what a lame degree.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

Anyone care to see?
Yeah. At least a couple people are confused right now.

Otokodate
Jan 15, 2004

All your nuts are belong to me

quote:

Thenipwax came out of the closet to say:

I had a class taught by a guy from China who had a thick accent AND a lisp.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

quote:

This is an out and out lie. One of my calc profs was from russia, and his second language was spanish, and then he learned english in the UK. So, he had a british accent on top of a spanish accent on top of a russian accent. You couldn't understand a SINGLE THING the guy said.

karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax
This guy?

----------------

DarkLotus
Sep 30, 2001

Lithium Hosting
Personal, Reseller & VPS Hosting
30-day no risk Free Trial &
90-days Money Back Guarantee!

quote:

This guy?
That would be too easy. It can't be him. Plus the location from the auctions he was the seller of is Austin, Texas.

Lithium Hosting - Reliable, Affordable, Feature Packed Web Hosting
The only hosting company to offer 30-day Free Trial on top of a 90-day money back guarantee!

Give Lithium DNS a try, it's free and easy to use!

MyNameIsJeff
Dec 5, 2003

P-P-P-Powerbook.com!

quote:

This guy?

No. I think ebay is just showing me his feedback, and ****-ing his real username. look up scont06@yahoo.com

CanSpice
Jan 12, 2002

GO CANUCKS GO

quote:

No. I think ebay is just showing me his feedback, and ****-ing his real username. look up scont06@yahoo.com

His username and the usernames in his feedback are ****'ed out because of European privacy laws.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

CanSpice came out of the closet to say:

His username and the usernames in his feedback are ****'ed out because of European privacy laws.
Ah! That makes sense.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=msalamon = scont06@yahoo.com

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

quote:

CanSpice came out of the closet to say:

I don't think you can actually leave feedback for yourself on eBay. So I would assume the other ****'s are from other users.

edit : And if that is a result of European privacy laws, then I'm willing to bet the good Professor has been inadvertently dragged into this by identity theft.

凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support kwagga凸[◣_◢]凸

cat scratch achiever posted:

im gonna smoke the poo poo out of you[r pole,] kwagga

TAFF IS A oval office

Kwagga fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 23, 2004

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
England to US to Germany. What a twisted web of lies.. or something.

karmaflux
Feb 26, 2004

by Lowtax
Yeah, the ascii wave is from a user called "fersanmur" for instance. We gently caress your privacy laws here in the states.

Edit: msalamon( 227) **** BEWERTUNGEN BITTE NICHT VERGESSEN ****

German goons, wtf does that mean? Something please no something?

----------------

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

ilovemonkeys came out of the closet to say:

I don't think you can actually leave feedback for yourself on eBay. So I would assume the other ****'s are from other users.

Ahh. That clears up my confusion over what he said.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

quote:

Yeah, the ascii wave is from a user called "fersanmur" for instance. We gently caress your privacy laws here in the states.

EVALUATIONS REQUEST NOT FORGETTING

Yay altavista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyBunny
Apr 8, 2003
^^^ yea, that makes tons of sense... ^^^

quote:

It means something along the lines of "bear in mind" or "not to mention"
EDIT: about evalutations (forgot the bewertungen). Essentially don't forget about them.

FunkyBunny fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 23, 2004