Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Anyone suggesting their own, non-standard escrow service is probably riping you off.

EDIT: Definitly a fake, look at the address for the 'verisign' link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Jesus loving hell, it's obvious the person who wrote that email is not from the united states. Don't gently caress with whoever this professor is, it's not him, and you'll just be harrassing some innocent guy.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2004 around 17:21

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

quote:

Thenipwax came out of the closet to say:

Yeah, cause everybody knows that everybody in the US speaks perfect english.
Professors in the United States speak better english than whoever wrote that email.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

quote:

karmaflux came out of the closet to say:
Have you been to college? I can't remember ever having a Calc teacher I could understand.
Uh yeah, I'm in college. Even professors that arn't native english speakers tend to be able to speak the language better than the writer of that email.

quote:

CapnAndy came out of the closet to say:
Not ones who hail from Thailand. Read the man's profile.

quote:

Masterís degree in Interior Design from Iowa State University.
He's been over here for some time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

quote:

osirisisdead came out of the closet to say:
Unless you want to lose you friend's powerbook I'd never, ever send it to this guy...
R>C>P

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

quote:

Stealth Like came out of the closet to say:
Tell him that $2100 is too low, and ask for a price over what it costs to get one of them brand new. If he agrees, it is definately a scam, and you can feel free to harrass him all you like.
It has been already proven this is a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Has anyone considered involving the police in any way?