Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
Anything you would like me to ask just post it.
You have to somehow make him think the deal is going sour. He has to start to get desperate. Tell him you found another buyer that will pay $2200 and you are thinking about going with him.

Ok? Ok? Ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy
I wouldn't be too worried about customs stopping a package like this. First, they aren't looking for people who overquoted the value of the object...that's completely fine by them. Second, if they stopped many priority packages that are marked computer parts alot of people would start to get upset when their department didn't get the critical server component they needed because it was held up at customs, although that does occasionally happen.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

In the event I actually get the money I will feel so bad I think I might actually fly out to London.
If he does send it the escrow site should do its job and you shouldn't get the money.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Pipski came out of the closet to say:
OK, I have good news and bad news.
Pipski deserves a silver star for this. Or whatever the hell you brits have that are comparable. Hopefully he won't need a purple heart too. :)

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Lucifer came out of the closet to say:
poo poo. I have to leave for nine hours soon.

Attn: Lowtax

Requesting SA "live update" service whereby I can get SMSed vital information regarding goon adventures.
Actually he thought about doing a website where someone posts the major daily updates regarding SA so you wouldn't have to spend all day on the forums just to stay abreast of the current issues. RSS or SMS related things could have easily been integrated when I think about it. Not sure what happened with that though. Maybe he couldn't find enough people to do updates.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Rocksee came out of the closet to say:

Listen, Jeff. I'm sure you are a nice, sweet guy, but for the love of god, STOP TELLING THIS GUY YOU WILL PAY HIM MONEY BACK! You already gave him a break on the value you listed. I know you aren't really going to pay him, but he's an rear end in a top hat scammer. And even if this was a legit deal, you didn't "screw up", you were being honest and it's their problem if they can't afford the taxes on an expensive notebook. So some future advice, don't offer to shave some of the price off just because they don't want to pay taxes. You'll just get walked all over.
Your posts make me cringe. Just stop already.

edit: \/\/\/ We're cutting back on your caffeine.

DLCinferno fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 29, 2004

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy
edit: oh hell, get out the pitchforks and torches. /\/\

quote:

kindermord came out of the closet to say:
I agree with you. I'm willing to be mocked into oblivion if I'm wrong, but I believe 11am in London is 6am in New York (give or take an hour what with the DST crap and all).
You are correct.

DLCinferno fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 30, 2004

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Teflon Bob came out of the closet to say:
Chill out, no need to give up yet :D

http://members.arstechnica.com/subscriptors/x/laserjim/ohnoes.jpg
This man has the answer. No matter what happens, after everything is over and the poo poo has hit the fan, we all have to get very very drunk.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

blairerickson came out of the closet to say:
Hang up the forums! He's posting from inside the site!!!1
Don't worry guys... "I know kung fu."

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

chizarlie came out of the closet to say:
Done and done :D

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=53764

I guess they moderate other-user custom title changes?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=286588940#post286588940

There's a delay for the custom titles to refresh basically.

DLCinferno fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 30, 2004

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy
The moment arrives...

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

It made for a nice warm obbo point so we stayed there and tossed around theories about whether or not the package was actually going to arrive, had some breakfast, it was all quite civilised actually.
drat but you British are so refined. Spot of tea and fag before going undercover, all in a day's work. Your title suits you. Compliments from your fellow goon across the pond. :)

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Or, how about sending an e-mail containing a link to a site - constructed by us, natch - that will snatch as many details about their location and system as possible?
Getting their IP address would be easy...is that what you are looking for? I don't know much else, you could get their port as well, but it would be 80 or their host, but you could look that up off their IP. Do you want me to setup a page for this real quick?

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

my new title makes me sad.
Hahaha. I didn't do it but that is drat funny.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

:siren::siren::siren:
YES!
Unexpected turn for the better! You may have a chance to redeem yourself and get your custom title back.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

smitz came out of the closet to say:
Oh yeah custom title buying for faggots is fun :)
Well played.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

ChlamydiaJones came out of the closet to say:
Well poo poo! Someone else overwrote MY lovely custom title for that dick!
Wow, I've never been immortalized in someone's title for such little work. Neat! :banjo:

Edit: too bad he uses such poor grammar. :(

DLCinferno fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 8, 2004

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

Not My Leg came out of the closet to say:

Just wondering if you would really get the same response by running random guy through NCIC as running the president. NCIC must have thousands of searches per day, it doesn't seem like any extra one would raise flags unless it was a major political figure or celebrity. I guess I am just wondering why they would take a particular request and investigate it, rather than just assume it is one of the thousands run each day.
Absolutely anything to do with the president is looked into. Especially when it is using something like these databases. Even if you made some random joking comment to a stranger that you were going to kill Bush and that person just happened to notify someone who cared you could potentially have a Secret Service file made about you (my understanding is they don't necessarily question you for everything but they do create a file and start keeping track of you). This was told to me by a high-level secret service relative of mine so I assume its fairly accurate.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

kazmeyer came out of the closet to say:
There was an incident in 2002, if I remember correctly, where someone on a loving webforum posted how they would go about finding Vice President Cheney in his "undisclosed location".

The Secret Service came to his workplace.

They don't gently caress around with that kind of thing.
There was just one recently where they came after a 15 yr old kid for anti-war drawings.

edit: and here's the Secret Service's explanation of the incident.

DLCinferno fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 9, 2004

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

rhig came out of the closet to say:
Is anyone prepared to go to the barbers tomorrow for the delivery? It's likely I will go but I can't enter the shop. I will be in the cafe across the street from 8am and will be able to record delivery and hopefully the pickup. If the PowerBook is dumped in a bin nearby (highly unlikely) I will recover it.
Why can't you enter the shop?

:confused:

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

OMG LOL BUTSEKZ came out of the closet to say:

i was saying it was the 10th in the uk, not sunday the 10th, bitch
easy

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

You might want to go easy. At the absolute earliest it couldn't be delivered for another twelve hours. The cumulative erosion caused by that degree of frenetic wanking could leave you severely stunted.
Gahh. Mental picture of a bloody stub. Thanks Pipski. Also, calling all batgoons...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

OMGWTFBBQ came out of the closet to say:
Is this thing over with yet?
If you gassed this thread right now I would die laughing. There'd be tears of sorrow too, but man....

whatta ride.

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

quote:

ChlamydiaJones came out of the closet to say:
[edit]38. Tacocriminal - Huge MENSA type troll (banned for). - bet he's pissed now that he can't be a part of the p-p-p-powerbook revenge saga![/edit]
Joy abounds. :meatwad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy
It was fun, you've all been immortalized, now go to the cops and let them take care of "pranking" him. I don't see the letter writing and all that going anywhere.