Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Thunderstorm came out of the closet to say:
I was under the impression he used Yahoo and noone was entirely sure if Yahoo allowed you to view your referers. No?
Well, his site was coded in PHP and with PHP you could easily generate a script to determine where your referers were coming from - even if you didn't have access to "raw logs." Actually, he was using what appeared to be a database that allowed users to sign up, add items and then modify them.

quote:

Thunderstorm came out of the closet to say:
Very nice thread. ;)
You also left out the possibility that he may have been arrested. This guy's an international criminal. I'm sure he had other scams going other than this one.

Props to the UK Goons who invested their time, money and bravery into this. This has been a VERY exciting read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

This is AWESOME news! Man, I'm really excited now. He probably just got delayed, stupid bastard.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

My friends and family members are waiting for the outcome of this delightful thread.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Dazb0 came out of the closet to say:
Surely if Fed Ex were delivering that package today, the status screen would say something like "out for delivery" at about 6am this morning.
You really don't know. 6am EST is 11:00 a.m. in London. They might not deliver the package until later in the evening.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Dazb0 came out of the closet to say:
I believe that the Fed Ex site lists times locally. It is now 10:30am here in England, there really should be some indication on the Fed Ex site to say that the package is out for delivery.
I forgot my clock is that fast. It was 5:30 when I wrote that. But my point still stands - they might not deliver the package until later in the evening, thus the delay in the tracking update. Or Hell, maybe the package already went out but they haven't bothered updating the site.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

The suspense is killing me! I don't want to wait another day. :cry:

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Liet came out of the closet to say:

Seconded. That is, my wife didn't get it either. My friend here at work who's also a goon thought it was hilarious though.
I just can't wait for this thread to meet it's amazing (Jean) climax.
You guys are nuts. I've told my mother, father and two sisters... they found it hysterical. I think we're all awaiting the outcome with great anticipation.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

What the hell?! Wasn't this supposed to happen later in the day?

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:
I'm actually really really nervous :(
What, you think he's going to come after you?

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

I called FedEx, I asked them what the message means. The message that's up there now simply means that the package has been delivered to the station that will send it out to the scammer. So it hasn't been delivered to him yet. When it actually get's sent out the message will read "On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery." If he successfully receives the package it will say "Signed for by so & so at this time." If he does not get the package the message will say "Delivery attempted, recipient not in. Business closed." That's word-for-word from the FedEx operator.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

SubCrid TC came out of the closet to say:
May 11, 2004 7:09 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery ENFIELD GB
So this is the real thing now. This is the first attempt to deliver the package to the scammer.

Edit: It's on a truck with a lot of other packages. It might take an hour or two before the driver makes it to the barber shop.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

rhig came out of the closet to say:
I've got myself a spot by the front window of the cyber cafe next door, been here since 7:45 and nothing yet, the shop only opened the shutters at 8:45 so its unlikely it not delivered yet. I would expect it will be around 10:30 - 11:30 as delivery was just after 11 last time. Hopefully I might be able to hook up my camera to a computer here to upload any images/videos but it depends if this place stays empty. I might have to wait and upload anything I get to Victoria, the Easy Internet Cafe there is much faster too, I imagine its just a DSL here.
You are a hero to us!

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

OK the delivery has been made, there were a lot of cars in the way but i think i have some alright footage, there were quite a few parcels. Im going to sort and upload and you should have an update within five minutes.
poo poo! This is awesome! Did you see anyone sign the package? What went down?

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Is the bald-headed guy we see in the second picture the person signing for the packages?

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Ackbar came out of the closet to say:
video isn't working for me.
Same

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Landslide came out of the closet to say:
Why are the pics of New Jersey Chicken? I thought it was gonna be delivered at the barber shop?
Yeah, you're right.

For comparison, here's a shot of the street taken from the last expedition. I can't see "New Jersey Chicken" in any of the older shots we have.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Maybe its on the other side of the street?

Looks like one of our guys found the wrong place.
Edit: I see it now. Look at this picture. He's in the Internet Cafe. See the blue sign and the logo "Foneeds"? Now look at this shot again.

Mannequin fucked around with this message at May 11, 2004 around 09:55

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Ackbar came out of the closet to say:
cool thanks. now it plays for 6 seconds and stops.
Download Windows Media Player Classic. It's like 1.2mb. It plays the video perfectly.

WMP Classic: http://sourceforge.net/project/show...ackage_id=84358

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Heh, might as well just make it into a gif.
This is what I got. It seems to be about 5 seconds long.

2mb gif

Edit: Host went down. Host back up.

Mannequin fucked around with this message at May 11, 2004 around 10:56

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

rottingcorpse came out of the closet to say:

Is it me or is that FedEx van delivering to the Chicken shop?
I think she's going into the back of the van to get the packages. We know she delivered to the Internet Cafe because rhig was there. I think we're just missing the rest of the video.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Rivorus came out of the closet to say:
why is it everytime i go to this page or try to reply i get a login prompt for http://www.mannequin3d.com/

Mannequin I'm looking in your direction

Edit: hint, get rid of your broken link
Relax. My host pulled the image, I spoke to them, and everything's okay. I was on it like a two dollar whore.

Edit: Where's rhig?

Mannequin fucked around with this message at May 11, 2004 around 11:02

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Bjergen came out of the closet to say:
I cast my vote for Jeff to send another email.
"Hi, fedex told me you got your package okay, could you please release the funds? I have to pay for my pet's cremation / grandmother's dialysis / smack habit. Thanks a lot, I wish I could have left feedback for you"
:lol: I am in full support of this.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

yosarian came out of the closet to say:
This pic makes me :lol: because I am from NJ and the only 'authentic' NJ Chicken is soul kitchen cooking made in some grandmas house. The logo of the chicken with the cowbay hat cracks me up.
Hey there fellow Jersey goon. I know what you mean, I had the same reaction ;)

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Hell I was, when I heard him opening the powerbook i was stiffling laughter while making GBS threads myself. I didn't dare risk getting a picture though, he'd likely have seen.
What's the status of the video you uploaded?

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

quote:

Wandering Idiot came out of the closet to say:
I'm sure he'd love to know that there are people in a lot of different countries that know about what he is doing.
He'll obviously suspect it's a bunch of people emailing one another the same pictures. I really don't see how this will scare him after he sees the photos for the first time. Seriously, this is a weak finish.

Edit: He'll probably close his mailing box at that location and find a new one after the first set of pictures come in.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

This is great but why PDF? :( A lot of people won't click PDFs.

Edit: Wow, this really is getting a lot of coverage: :google: (Click)

Mannequin fucked around with this message at May 15, 2004 around 17:50

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

I posted the PDF (in HTML format) here:

http://www.mannequin3d.com/powerbook/
(PDF Not Required)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

You know with all the attention this is getting right now, wouldn't it be cool if a London cop read about it and decided to investigate? Hey, you never know.

quote:

Dynamo came out of the closet to say:
Is there a new mirror yet? I need to spread the love.
Uhh, there are several mirrors. Read the last 2 or 3 pages. Mine's listed a few posts above yours, dipshit.