Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.
It looks like he's using Yahoo for his webhost. Might want to let them know too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

FunkyBunny came out of the closet to say:
DON'T DO IT YET! Just go along with his emails. See if he'll send you the money for shipping first, maybe you can get some cash outta this.

I don't see how he'd get any cash out of a nonexistant escrow company.

P.S. finding an abuse contact for Yahoo's webhosting is a pain. I haven't had any luck yet -- all I've found is a general non-business related yahoo abuse contact and the name/website of a hosting company in Austrailia that Yahoo farms hosting out to.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.
Edit: Never mind, if he wants to mess with him, getting his site pulled would be counterproductive.

Oy Gevalt! fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 23, 2004

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

Refugee came out of the closet to say:
(DEFINITELY not English, or even British. No one here would refer to their Post Code as their "zip code:NW9 6RR". So contacting him in London will just be a real address which probably knows nothing about what's going on.

Not necessarily so. When I've dealt with having things shipped to me from another country, I referred to my ZIP code as a "post code" to avoid confusing the shipper.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

Refugee came out of the closet to say:
The package has now arrived at Stanstead, it's in the UK!

You posted while I was cropping and uploading...

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

-jp- came out of the closet to say:
^^^^^^^^
The clock is ticking! This thread occurs in real time.

Someone with gif/Flash animation skills should make a "red line traversing the map" thing like in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

cplhades came out of the closet to say:

I'm not sure international text messages work most of the time. I read an article which said that a lot of international text messages just get lost. I think the article was in The Sun though, which is almost as reliable for information as the Internet.

I tried sending him one from the States, my phone said the message was sent successfully.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

iwinatinternet came out of the closet to say:
dammit. finally reached the end of the topic, now what am I supposed to do?

Keep hitting refresh. Or if you're using Opera, set it to refresh automatically.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.
Do we have any kind of verification that the FedEx delivery he received was indeed the P-P-P-POWERBOOK or could this be a different delivery?

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

MyNameIsJeff came out of the closet to say:

Starbucks had the webcam on the driver as he walked into the building. I saw the box and know for a fact that was it.

loving awesome. This is one of the best threads ever.

I can mirror the video when I get home from work if another source is needed.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.
This is exciting news.. Looks like I'll be spending the last few hours at work later today just hitting refresh.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

Pipski came out of the closet to say:
And so we enter - endgame.

I foresee several worn out F5 keys before the day is over.

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.
New Jersey Chicken???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

quote:

Grimmy came out of the closet to say:
I mean the pictures were taken from inside the barbershop/internet cafe right?

He's in the interweb cafe next door. See the blue "Phoneneeds" sign in his pictures? Compare it to the picture that Mannequin linked.

Edit: So beaten. Bleh.